Return to “Games”

Re: Terraria.

Charley_Deallus wrote:What kind of awesome are we talking about? I have been on the fence about Terraria for a year.
There's a fair bit of content. I put approx 250 hrs in before I got bored/saw just about everything.

Pretty good value for what they're charging, IMO.
- The Snark Knight

"Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen."

Just_Ice_au wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote:What kind of awesome are we talking about? I have been on the fence about Terraria for a year.
There's a fair bit of content. I put approx 250 hrs in before I got bored/saw just about everything.

Pretty good value for what they're charging, IMO.
This, however, play it with a friend. Just one, more than that gets too messy.
And singleplayer is a bit boring.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Hmm, well... I could write a lot about the modest six hours I've put in so far, but perhaps you'll settle few a few snapshots:

"Home base" is relatively mundane. I say relatively, because at night you will be attacked by a menagerie of monsters; floating eyeballs, all sorts of zombies, brains in jars: the nasties in this game are quite creative. This can be easily addressed by building walls on either side of your "base". I did so my first night, then... on the second night, a star fell. It landed on the "roof" of my base, which at the time was little more than a cave, taunting me to come out and collect it. I did so, braving a mild horde of zeds and dodging the floating eyeballs that would careen past.

Once I had the star, a new set of crafting options opened up: I could make "Jester arrows" and more interesting things later on. The crafting is not as in Minecraft, where you have to guess a recipe: all your options are laid out for you based on your inventory and available tools.

As I grew more confident and began several excursions further away from home base, I discovered caves. Some of these caves went deeper than others... some went very, very deep indeed.

Across the surface, different biomes appear; there is desert, there is forest, there is a snow-covered landscape, and at the furthest reaches of the world, a corrupt land where I was attacked by chimera and face monsters. I returned to this land days later, and found that it had grown.

As I continued my exploration of the world, I found stranger things; structures, habitations built by ancient forces, powerful weapons.

And then... I met an old man standing outside an abandoned temple who told me to come back at night so that I could meet his master. I did. His master was really him, as a giant skeleton. Something Peter Jackson might have dreamed up. Needless to say, I died.
"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
Check it out on Steam

Phaserlight wrote:
Hmm, well... I could write a lot about the modest six hours I've put in so far, but perhaps you'll settle few a few snapshots:

"Home base" is relatively mundane. I say relatively, because at night you will be attacked by a menagerie of monsters; floating eyeballs, all sorts of zombies, brains in jars: the nasties in this game are quite creative. This can be easily addressed by building walls on either side of your "base". I did so my first night, then... on the second night, a star fell. It landed on the "roof" of my base, which at the time was little more than a cave, taunting me to come out and collect it. I did so, braving a mild horde of zeds and dodging the floating eyeballs that would careen past.

Once I had the star, a new set of crafting options opened up: I could make "Jester arrows" and more interesting things later on. The crafting is not as in Minecraft, where you have to guess a recipe: all your options are laid out for you based on your inventory and available tools.

As I grew more confident and began several excursions further away from home base, I discovered caves. Some of these caves went deeper than others... some went very, very deep indeed.

Across the surface, different biomes appear; there is desert, there is forest, there is a snow-covered landscape, and at the furthest reaches of the world, a corrupt land where I was attacked by chimera and face monsters. I returned to this land days later, and found that it had grown.

As I continued my exploration of the world, I found stranger things; structures, habitations built by ancient forces, powerful weapons.

And then... I met an old man standing outside an abandoned temple who told me to come back at night so that I could meet his master. I did. His master was really him, as a giant skeleton. Something Peter Jackson might have dreamed up. Needless to say, I died.
Thats because he is the Third boss :D
But also the easiest to find.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

The Journey's End update has released, as of today! It's by far the largest update the game has ever received, with over 1000 new items and tens of thousands of other changes. The changelog is reportedly so long that it has its own table of contents - but unfortunately the site is down because of too much traffic, so I can't see it for myself. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now