Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

insta wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am
I wonder why no one has proposed this, yet. :problem:
Well, that's just human nature. We were led to believe that we would not have to reinvent the wheel and that we'd have a jumping off point. What we got was a wasted year waiting.

I've been busy with other projects, but I did put any space game development (community or otherwise) on hold.

insta wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am
Fingus wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:09 am
I just rewatched some of the devlogs from way back, and im still surprised at how well the graphics hold up 5 years+ later. Genuinly, the UI alone still seems so ahead of other space games and it got me wondering, why dont some of us start our own open source github attempt at recreating some of this?

If the intention was to release the source anyway, I dont see any reason why those of us who were planning on trying to fiddle with the code cant just try to come up with something on our own? Since josh seems to have disappeared, and theres no telling how long it'll be or if at all he'll return, so in the meantime theres all these technical posts on here to give us some idea how to start a new project like this surely?
I wonder why no one has proposed this, yet. :problem:
Excellent idea :clap:
Now who wants to create a simple poll - just to get numbers and interest for starters
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

The first, and most critical step, is to define the scope and pick the language.

So why don't we start a new topic, with someone taking up the role of secretary, and recording all the ideas, we can then poopoo or praise them as required, figure out our scope, and from that we can start to define the language and the focus.

Once we know that, we'll be able to start looking into tools, write a design document, and build a coding standards document.

Then we can start writing the initial list of tasks, and people can start writing to make it work.

We'll need a Secretary/Project Lead however, and that won't be me. You'll understand why if you frequent the IRC.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I'll volunteer to be secretary for the new thread if needed.

On the topic of what people would like to see in Limit Theory, a few polls come to mind:

How do you think you'll spend most of your time in Limit Theory?

What has you most excited to play Limit Theory? (December)

What type of ship you will focus on mainly.

What will your occupation be in LT?

I think these give a general idea of what most users on these forums would like the game to entail. Just glancing at the results I'd say people would like a game that: is tactical on a personal level, is fun and engaging for those who like to explore, has ships of all sizes with emphasis on careers and other such large ships.

Online Now