Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

Plofre wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 am
Same here. Looks like their homepage still is very much "coming soon". Also interesting: bizapedia.com lists them as Reno-based while their manager is sitting in Florida (well maybe that's cool because there is not much to manage atm).

We'll see how this ends (everyone here has proven to posess some stamina ;) )

PS.: Happy New Year to all forumites!
Like I said, we're starting up right now! We have remote employees in a few different states (I'm in North Carolina!), and the company owner's main address is currently in Florida. Still no luck getting in touch with Josh, we're going to give it a bit more time then try some other routes to contact him, once we've got things within the studio a little more in order.

Deiain wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:48 pm
Plofre wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:50 am
Same here. Looks like their homepage still is very much "coming soon". Also interesting: bizapedia.com lists them as Reno-based while their manager is sitting in Florida (well maybe that's cool because there is not much to manage atm).

We'll see how this ends (everyone here has proven to posess some stamina ;) )

PS.: Happy New Year to all forumites!
Like I said, we're starting up right now! We have remote employees in a few different states (I'm in North Carolina!), and the company owner's main address is currently in Florida. Still no luck getting in touch with Josh, we're going to give it a bit more time then try some other routes to contact him, once we've got things within the studio a little more in order.
Huh, guess LT might be finished before I get around to it then.

Sure hope so. I love developing, but it's not the same playing a game you've made. It loses some of the magic...
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

I would like to see a statement regarding the source code that categorically denies that the code/IP has not been released as the rights to said code has been sold off to a third party. Some might argue he doesn't owe us a thing, but I disagree. Yes, there are no guarantees with any Kickstarter, but this has dragged on long enough. My suspicions are that the code is wrapped up in some deal, perhaps with a new employer, and they will never see the light of day, to us at least.

Who knows, in a few years time we may be paying for access to them as part of some new game....

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 am
Ah yes, if there's anything software companies are interested in, it's unfinished projects of other people that even the creator says he can't manage and is a mess :ghost:
That's what we're counting on... no luck getting in touch with Josh yet, though.

Looks like I peeked back at a possibly interesting turn of events. I can understand Josh not wanting to pursue this but if he did, it might give him the redemption he might want.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

AusSkiller wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:33 am
Wow, looks like there might be some hope for seeing LT in some shape or form in the future, though given I still come back here every 6-12 months "just in case" I guess I never really gave up hope in the first place ;)
We're really hoping to get a hold of Josh and convince him to let us pay him (and help him) finish LT! :p It certainly looks like he's hard-cut all ties to LT in order to help move on. We'll have to pursue other avenues for contact.

Yeah, that does seem to be the case which is at direct odds with the code release announcement he made. It would be nice to have some closure for US as well. Either follow through on the promise or don't. But, leaving all of us hanging for over a year is fucking cruel.

zircher wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:47 pm
Yeah, that does seem to be the case which is at direct odds with the code release announcement he made. It would be nice to have some closure for US as well. Either follow through on the promise or don't. But, leaving all of us hanging for over a year is frakking cruel.
He's a young guy with not much experience (life or otherwise), so it's forgivable in my eyes that he hasn't handled this whole thing well. This whole project was basically just him with no prior experience doing awesome stuff with a boatload of talent. He attempted the impossible, and it proved itself such.

To be fair, what Josh attempted wasn't impossible per say, but as a lone person with such a vision it has to be difficult. But to me, Limit Theory is more than just an unfinished game or a series of beautiful videos, it's the idea that anything anyone puts their mind to is possible. Limit Theory has brought together people from all over the world to discuss and flesh out complex ideas. For me, Limit Theory is this forum and its members. Josh's vision inspired us creatively and became the lore we based our ideas off of at least for a time.

We may never see the game again, but those ideas are still here on these forums, and that to me is the most important thing. Besides, of course, the remaining community.

BFett wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:07 am
To be fair, what Josh attempted wasn't impossible per say, but as a lone person with such a vision it has to be difficult. But to me, Limit Theory is more than just an unfinished game or a series of beautiful videos, it's the idea that anything anyone puts their mind to is possible. Limit Theory has brought together people from all over the world to discuss and flesh out complex ideas. For me, Limit Theory is this forum and its members. Josh's vision inspired us creatively and became the lore we based our ideas off of at least for a time.

We may never see the game again, but those ideas are still here on these forums, and that to me is the most important thing. Besides, of course, the remaining community.
Maybe impossible in the sense that it wasn’t his ability that was lacking, but time and money restricted him into a timeline that may have negatively impacted things. There’s a difference between doing something you love when you put aside the time vs something you loved in a contained time period and with people expecting results and answers at regular intervals.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:35 am
Maybe impossible in the sense that it wasn’t his ability that was lacking, but time and money restricted him into a timeline that may have negatively impacted things. There’s a difference between doing something you love when you put aside the time vs something you loved in a contained time period and with people expecting results and answers at regular intervals.
Yes exactly. With no support or experienced project management, there was no way he could pull this off in the timeline he estimated. Even very experienced developers wildly mis-estimate medium and even small tasks from time to time. An inexperienced developer (even with the incredible talent Josh has!) just hasn't seen enough "weird shit" to guess how long a multi-year project is really going to take, and what unexpected pitfalls they might encounter along the way. Just being able to write the code for the next cool feature is not enough. The planning and project management aspect of something like this is nearly equally as important as the ability to program it.

Online Now