Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

I'm sure it's buried in one of these threads somewhere, but does anyone know what hurdles are preventing the code from being ready to share? There appear to be a lot of developers in the kickstarter; why not post the code to GitHub and let people poke around? Who knows, maybe the game will grow and flourish?

sum1els wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:20 am
I'm sure it's buried in one of these threads somewhere, but does anyone know what hurdles are preventing the code from being ready to share? There appear to be a lot of developers in the kickstarter; why not post the code to GitHub and let people poke around? Who knows, maybe the game will grow and flourish?
Josh is the hurdle at this stage.
He is a perfectionist, and we love him.
Most likely, he is attempting to tidy up the code to be in a usable fashion so that anyone can press "play" and get to see it run.
Then again, if it was me, I'd happily take a break from the code, and take a holiday.
Granted, it's going over a year since Josh said he would release it, but to be fair, the project is cancelled, and there is nothing forcing Josh to achieve this.
Personally, I like this forum and the people on here, and it's nice to say Hi once in a while, and wonder what the squirrels have been doing lately.. oh, and trains!
:ghost:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

True, true. But, at the same time, I feel that a year's worth of energy and enthusiasm have been squandered. Concerning the code clean up, would a handful of fans been more effective than Josh's part-time/post burn-out efforts? We'll never know, but hey, some of us are still here. :D

At this point, I suspect it will never see the light of day. I wouldn't even mind there are some IP based shenanigans going on that preclude its release, and if so just come out and say it and let us all finally move on from this debacle.

That the code, in whatever form it's currently in, was to be released at least gave some hope that all was not for nothing. That someone else out there could make head or tail of it and actually make something of it. And I think that very point may be the reason why it may never be released.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've already been on the receiving end of a Kickstarter promise that fell foul of something like this. Anyone else buy the STEM System by Sixense?

Hey LT fans!

Does anyone have a good contact method for Josh? I'm the lead developer at a small, brand new (we're starting this month), financially well-backed indie game studio, Arcane Ermine, and we're looking to get in touch with Josh about hiring him and helping him finish Limit Theory. We believe it would be a tragedy if all of his incredible work just disappeared, and we're looking to help him get it all tied together.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to get in touch with him!

- D

Deiain wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm
Hey LT fans!

Does anyone have a good contact method for Josh? I'm the lead developer at a small, brand new (we're starting this month), financially well-backed indie game studio, Arcane Ermine, and we're looking to get in touch with Josh about hiring him and helping him finish Limit Theory. We believe it would be a tragedy if all of his incredible work just disappeared, and we're looking to help him get it all tied together.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to get in touch with him!

- D
I have alerted the IRC to your message. Our best people will attempt to reach Josh on your behalf. Fingers crossed.

BFett wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:26 am
I have alerted the IRC to your message. Our best people will attempt to reach Josh on your behalf. Fingers crossed.
Thanks BFett! I've also sent him messages on his LinkedIn, Reddit, and Facebook, though it doesn't appear he's used any of them since posting this thread.

Fingers crossed, indeed!

Online Now