Return to “Announcements”

Re: The End

I'm starting to get anxious.

What Josh had shown(5 years ago!!) is still light years ahead of Star Citizen(500 people, quarter billion budget)..Elite Dangerous, X series...etc....etc......

NONE of the 200 + space games I've played come anywhere near LT. And nothing on the horizon.

LT or bust, it seems.

I get down on my hands and knees and pray Josh is working on something similar.

RedDwarfMining wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:01 pm
I'm starting to get anxious.

What Josh had shown(5 years ago!!) is still light years ahead of Star Citizen(500 people, quarter billion budget)..Elite Dangerous, X series...etc....etc......

NONE of the 200 + space games I've played come anywhere near LT. And nothing on the horizon.

LT or bust, it seems.

I get down on my hands and knees and pray Josh is working on something similar.
I sure hope so, because LT is a beautiful project that has enormous potential. I don't have a programmer mind, but I could write out a fairly hefty paper on how I think the game economy ought to be driven. I'd be perfectly fine with a lot of corners cut if the game play was executed properly. It's sad that I don't have a programming brain otherwise I'd program my thoughts.

Here's to hoping Josh is enjoying his new job and able to have fun messing with the LT code in some of his free time.

I hope he does something while we are still checking this forum. It's hard to believe development has been halted for nearly a year.

Hope you all are doing well.

We're at the 1 year anniversary of this thread, and I just wanted to drop by and thank everyone on the forum for giving me hours of interesting and varied reading along with Josh for starting the community and making the gorgeous update videos I looked forward to watching every month(-ish).

RedDragonfly wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:24 am
We're at the 1 year anniversary of this thread, and I just wanted to drop by and thank everyone on the forum for giving me hours of interesting and varied reading along with Josh for starting the community and making the gorgeous update videos I looked forward to watching every month(-ish).

Well said. Thank you for being here.

zircher wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:03 pm
An annual status update would be nice. <hint, hint> :-)
November 21th would be a fitting date to post annual updates, since that's when the first update was posted.

Hopefully someone who loves freelancer will one day find this forum and the ideas within and program their own game using some of the refined concepts which have been so elegantly refined in the forges of our forums. This place is truly a gold mine for any such discussion and theory crafting. It has been an exciting experience to be part of this community and to be able to contribute my thoughts to the idea which is Limit Theory. It's a beautiful idea, utilizing beautiful graphics to describe places the mind could only once imagine.

Perhaps Limit Theory is more a work of art than a game. That art which inspired others, propelled discussion, and showed us something we had never seen before.

Perhaps this is the standard we should apply now, The Art of Limit Theory, rather than the game.

Online Now