Return to “Games”

Minecraft

Victor Tombs wrote:Where have you been Katorone? I have missed seeing your regular posts on the forum. We need your input. :D
Thanks! Well, I started playing some minecraft FTB Unleashed + GregTech. It didn't took long for me to become really addicted to all these new mods and possibilities. I can play a game for months without noticing time is passing, the only thing I need is depth and complexity. Add ways to handle/simplify this complexity and you got me addicted for a long long time. :D
For instance, GregTech alone would probably get too tedious for me after a while, but with Applied Energistics (a mod that lets you create automation with crafting computers and -recipes, and store your minecraft items "digitally") it's very enjoyable to me. I just get a huge feeling of accomplishment when I'm able to push a virtual button, a bunch of machinery start working, and a complex item gets crafted automatically.

Victor Tombs wrote: I am still waiting for the KS to start on this great looking game. Hardenberg has told us of its delay but I am still hopeful we will be seeing this one up for pledging very soon. :)
What I've seen so far looks very promising. I get a "planet explorers-vibe" from it. It does feel a bit shallow still, I'd really love to hear more about what they want to do.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Re: Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches

Katorone wrote:Thanks! Well, I started playing some minecraft FTB Unleashed + GregTech. It didn't took long for me to become really addicted to all these new mods and possibilities. I can play a game for months without noticing time is passing, the only thing I need is depth and complexity. Add ways to handle/simplify this complexity and you got me addicted for a long long time. :D
Ahh! Addiction is a word we all understand. :mrgreen: Glad to know you have been enjoying your time away from the forum. To my shame I haven't played any Minecraft. :oops:
Katorone wrote:What I've seen so far looks very promising. I get a "planet explorers-vibe" from it. It does feel a bit shallow still, I'd really love to hear more about what they want to do.
I agree. I am hoping to see much more detail in the KS presentation. With the added bonus of a promised playable alpha it should do well.

Victor Tombs wrote:
Katorone wrote:hanks! Well, I started playing some minecraft FTB Unleashed + GregTech. It didn't took long for me to become really addicted to all these new mods and possibilities. I can play a game for months without noticing time is passing, the only thing I need is depth and complexity. Add ways to handle/simplify this complexity and you got me addicted for a long long time. :D
Ahh! Addiction is a word we all understand. :mrgreen: Glad to know you have been enjoying your time away from the forum. To my shame I haven't played any Minecraft. :oops:
Ha! No shame in that. If it wasn't for all the mods, Minecraft would have lost its hold on me a long time ago. It's just magnificent how you can add and change entire mechanics or systems, giving you a brand new game to explore. For this reason I'm really looking forward to Blockscape. It looks and feels a lot better than minecraft, and is built with modding in mind.
Katorone wrote:What I've seen so far looks very promising. I get a "planet explorers-vibe" from it. It does feel a bit shallow still, I'd really love to hear more about what they want to do.
I agree. I am hoping to see much more detail in the KS presentation. With the added bonus of a promised playable alpha it should do well.[/quote]
I wouldn't mind it turning out to be a planet explorers / Space Engineers combo. But we'll see. In my shop people can taste anything before they buy. So a playable alpha is something I'd really like to see, as a taste. :)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Katorone wrote:
Victor Tombs wrote:Where have you been Katorone? I have missed seeing your regular posts on the forum. We need your input. :D
Thanks! Well, I started playing some minecraft FTB Unleashed + GregTech. It didn't took long for me to become really addicted to all these new mods and possibilities. I can play a game for months without noticing time is passing, the only thing I need is depth and complexity. Add ways to handle/simplify this complexity and you got me addicted for a long long time. :D
For instance, GregTech alone would probably get too tedious for me after a while, but with Applied Energistics (a mod that lets you create automation with crafting computers and -recipes, and store your minecraft items "digitally") it's very enjoyable to me. I just get a huge feeling of accomplishment when I'm able to push a virtual button, a bunch of machinery start working, and a complex item gets crafted automatically.

Victor Tombs wrote: I am still waiting for the KS to start on this great looking game. Hardenberg has told us of its delay but I am still hopeful we will be seeing this one up for pledging very soon. :)
What I've seen so far looks very promising. I get a "planet explorers-vibe" from it. It does feel a bit shallow still, I'd really love to hear more about what they want to do.
Yah, I've been playing FTB for a fair while these days. It adds an Imperial F**kton of content to the game, totally worth installing.

I've currently got 8 Recyclers feeding a Mass Fabricator.... Turning sunlight into diamonds is awesome. :twisted:

Katorone wrote: Thanks! Well, I started playing some minecraft FTB Unleashed + GregTech.

Damn you Katorone... You had to mention these. And I had to click on them. And then download them. And then install them.

Guess who's going to be getting many many more sleepless nights. :roll:
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

HowSerendipitous wrote: I've currently got 8 Recyclers feeding a Mass Fabricator.... Turning sunlight into diamonds is awesome. :twisted:
If you have dartcraft loaded, you can make a scap machine power itself, at least so long GregTech isn't loaded.
I engineered a machine with 320 recyclers, 256 igneous extruders, geothermal generators, magma crucibles and force engines (with water as a modifier) to create infinite free scrap. The scrap boxes got deployed by a dispenser into a hopper. This machine basically broke the game for me. Suddenly I had infinite diamonds, emeralds and ores. All powered by a squeezer for force gems and a force altar to transform the force shards into liquid force. There was more than enough force fuel coming out of the scrap boxes to keep this machine running perpetually.

Oh I could go on hours and hours about cool stuff you can do in the FTB pack. From a Blaze powered infinite gold machine with GregTech, to a Wither skeletons powered diamond making machine.

DWMagus wrote:Guess who's going to be getting many many more sleepless nights. :roll:
Glad to be of help! :D
If you like to play with some more people around, feel free to join our server. Though it's a bit quiet at the moment. Lots of people are doing something else, while waiting for 1.7 to be done.

Katorone wrote:
HowSerendipitous wrote: I've currently got 8 Recyclers feeding a Mass Fabricator.... Turning sunlight into diamonds is awesome. :twisted:
If you have dartcraft loaded, you can make a scap machine power itself, at least so long GregTech isn't loaded.
I engineered a machine with 320 recyclers, 256 igneous extruders, geothermal generators, magma crucibles and force engines (with water as a modifier) to create infinite free scrap. The scrap boxes got deployed by a dispenser into a hopper. This machine basically broke the game for me. Suddenly I had infinite diamonds, emeralds and ores. All powered by a squeezer for force gems and a force altar to transform the force shards into liquid force. There was more than enough force fuel coming out of the scrap boxes to keep this machine running perpetually.

Oh I could go on hours and hours about cool stuff you can do in the FTB pack. From a Blaze powered infinite gold machine with GregTech, to a Wither skeletons powered diamond making machine.
Hahaha, that's insane! Mine's powered by solar panels, so it does work perpetually (6 Igneous Extruders, 8 Recyclers) but it's a lot more small scale. The only problem I'm having is finding enough Uranium to upgrade the solar panels to something with a little more oomph.

HowSerendipitous wrote: Hahaha, that's insane! Mine's powered by solar panels, so it does work perpetually (6 Igneous Extruders, 8 Recyclers) but it's a lot more small scale. The only problem I'm having is finding enough Uranium to upgrade the solar panels to something with a little more oomph.
Yeah, that's why I try to design machines that are closed loop. It's also why I dislike the new forestry. The MFR mining drill laser things might help you out too, they can generate a lot of ores. Too bad they don't do apatite or uranium though. They can do certus quarts if you're ever in need of a huge AE system. Personally I like these drills more than mass generators. I had very good results with 3 ultimate hybrid solar panels per drill. A turtle mining script should help you get a huge amount of uranium in no time. Perhaps try creating a ore heavy myst world?

Sounds like a plan, I didn't think abut Mystcraft because the server admin grumbles about the memory usage. I'm sure he'd let me get away with one or two, as long as they were deleted if they were craptastic.

I'm currently reduced to flying around picking out Uranium I see in ravines. I was using turtles but they're bloody forgetful - might have to try a quarry instead!

Not tried a drill, hhhmmm.... I do have a mining laser though!

Online Now