Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Surrounded by lots of probably dangerous people who are sober enough to properly handle mountains of drugs...we'll have them at our throats at the first call that goes wrong...
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:39 pm
Kinorvan offers, stepping back and gesturing at a setpiece coffee table/sofa/armchair ensemble. "Put the crate on the table, let's have a look. What is it you came for?"
The powerplay with the lights and the guards rattled him a bit, but Frank had time to mentally prepare himself this time, or at least try to...

Without hostile mercs chasing them through old hallways or having a kill order on their heads immediately after entering a shop, he even had a little success with it! He was still nervous...but also rather more confident that he could put up a facade of confidence that would be needed here.
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:03 pm
I place the crate where Kinorvan indicated and take a seat.

"I'm Cole. The Lavloxeri division of the FMU sent us with this combat robot to trade for one of your prisoners, Kaquyu Adopan. They seem very interested in her."
And Cole just put down the crate and started talking, all business...he just had a talent for talking under these circumstances...

As Cole starts negotiations, Frank proceeds to unpack the spiderbot in a visible display of ceding authority to Cole.
He puts the lid to the side, braces and lifts the bot onto the lid carefully (wouldn't do to damage anything...)
Once the bot is properly visible, Frank sits down on the sofa.
He warrily keeps an eye on the things he can observe without turning the head too much to not look prying/nosy
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Whisper to Brom and Yuuji:

"Looks like Vynk n' that new lady bit the dust... Them slates on the table are theirs. Damn aliens! 'Least I scrubbed them of any data - they're gonna get as much info from them as from a sidewalk tile now."

Shake my head

"How the hell did they get them? Unless those two just strolled in here n' shouted who they are, whatever these aliens did to find out 'bout them n' hunt them down could be used against the rest of us, too. Which reminds me, somethin's been naggin' me."

Turning towards Yuuji

"Give me your slate. Should've done this ages ago, damn it."

if Yuuji gives me his PDA:
-Try and figure out the source and info about the aforementioned intrusion. Keep the PDA out of anyone else's sight, of course
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:58 pm
Whisper to Brom and Yuuji:

"Looks like Vynk n' that new lady bit the dust... Them slates on the table are theirs. Damn aliens! 'Least I scrubbed them of any data - they're gonna get as much info from them as from a sidewalk tile now."

Look over at Buck.

"She shall have a mention in my autobiography! An excellent person, she hoped to spread my wisdom to those less fortunate!
Thank you for doing her that service, Bill. For now, we shall put this behind us and press on!"

Turn back to the computer.

"I've taken the liberty of researching one of our two job offers.
Opalius is a rather harsh world. I don't expect use to survive long there without special equipment.
Given the gravity and heat, it might be a better idea to stay in the ship, and never touch foot on the surface.
The bugs there may be immune to my charms, but my shooting skills should prove useful for handling them.
Ballistic and melee weaponry will be of use to us. They appear to have a weakness to plasma-based weaponry as well, so we have options.

You guys busy yourselves now, I'll check out the other site!"

Use the computer terminal to pull up information regarding the exclusion zone in the Nektox system.
Pay attention to the area where the colony is located.
Breaker of fortune cookies

((there may or may not be a couple mistakes here and there - I'm a bit rushed at the moment. things happening at home))

BETA
Caleb places the crate where Kinorvan indicated and takes a seat. "I'm Cole," he begins coolly, making a hand signal to his Frank and Saoirse. They bow their heads slightly, acting subservient, and begin unpacking the spiderbot. "The Lavloxeri division of the FMU sent us with this combat robot to trade for one of your prisoners, Kaquyu Adopan. They seem very interested in her."

The crate has now been turned upside-down, with the spiderbot resting on its top. Now free of the crate, it stands, its motors whirring quietly. Frank and Saoirse take a seat on the sofa, which leaves the armchair as the only open spot.

Frank isn't showing it, but he's a bit rattled - first by the fact that they're so deep in enemy territory, then by the fact that they're unarmed, then by the bright lights shining in his face, and then by the fact that Kinorvan is actually holding a pistol - ballistic, from the looks of it. He glances at Saoirse, trying to determine if Saoirse is panicking, but no - Saoirse looks calm and collected. She has a lot of self-control. Frank can't tell whether or not Caleb is worried, but then, he's good at this sort of thing. Frank is better at talking to people like Maki and his grandfather, while Caleb is a lot better at tense negotiations. Maybe he ought to ask Caleb a little more about his past sometime... but not right now. Right now, he's just noticed that Nilo, with a stoic expression, hasn't yet sat down.

Kinorvan has noticed as well - and the inmates are noticing he seems a little on edge. "Sit down," he says flatly - this time with a bit more force. He gestures sharply with his head towards the empty armchair, and then turns back to Caleb. "Spiderbot, right? Tasty. Ses said it was Opitek, he's not usually wrong." (Behind him, Ses beams from the praise.) "We'll deal: you show me how the thing works, and I call in the prisoner." He pulls out a small radio from a chest pocket with his left hand and speaks into it. "FMU's here for the prisoner. Bring her down. And, uh... Afon ifar kookarar, misi bashas."

A voice responds, "Vavinko."

Nilo still hasn't sat down.

"Sit down!" Kinorvan barks, pointing his pistol at Nilo, then the chair. "Do we have a problem, kalaki?"

GAMMA
"You're going to get us killed," Vynkor hisses reproachfully at her companion. "Give me some of that."

But both inmates suddenly fall silent - down the hallway, they suddenly hear a voice: "FMU's here for the prisoner. Bring her down. And, uh... Afon ifar kookarar, misi bashas." It sounds like it's coming over a radio.

Another voice answers - this one louder. "Vavinko."

The two inmates peer out of their hiding spot and see one of the pairs of guards split in two, as the previous speaker says a few words to his comrade and makes a quick exit down a side hallway. This leaves the other fysar out there alone.

Sukava and Vynkor look at each other. Is this their opportunity? Do they finally have a single guard they're able to take down?

But the guard begins walking swiftly in the opposite direction, pulling out his radio and speaking into it in a low, chattering hiss. "Febivo Keshor? Kanoka? Okhal hake. Kinorvan kekra kevani kri afon hiliil sotak ifar kichan - mebi kakvire vashah Adopan. Vormis afon kalal ran af sikagi ohkaka kofivas." The little fireteam hears him chatter a bit more, and some angry-sounding chattering coming from the other end.

((Disclosure: Flakes told me on IRC that he did indeed want Yuuji to give his PDA to Buck))

ALPHA
Looking up from his PDA, Buck whispers, "Looks like Vynk n' that new lady bit the dust... Them slates on the table are theirs. Damn aliens! 'Least I scrubbed them of any data - they're gonna get as much info from them as from a sidewalk tile now."

"She shall have a mention in my autobiography!" Brom whispers grandly. It's an impressive feat, actually - a grand whisper. No one present is quite sure how he pulls it off, other than through pure Bromism. "An excellent person, she hoped to spread my wisdom to those less fortunate!"

"Yeah, but how the hell did they get them?" Buck muses, shaking his head. "Unless... unless those two just strolled in here n' shouted who they are." But that's nonsense - that would make them as stupid as Beta, and that's virtually impossible! "Anyway, whatever these aliens did to find out 'bout them n' hunt them down could be used against the rest of us, too. Which reminds me, somethin's been naggin' me."

"Hmm? What's that?" Yuuji asks, puzzled about why Buck would be turning to him.

"Give me your slate," Buck demands. "Should've done this ages ago, damn it."

Yuuji glances around, wondering if he missed something. "Done... what?" Cautiously, he pulls out his PDA and hands it to Buck, making sure that nobody in the room gets a close look.

"Just give me a minute."

Buck grabs the PDA and starts digging around on it for info on the weird intrusion that Yuuji had mentioned earlier. In Yuuji's own words, previously: "It flashed some intrusion warning for a second and then went on as if nothing happened. My PDA might be compromised. I'm not sure. I'm not good enough at handling computers to check the thing over myself. If it was compromised, it also must have been a very quick attack, and thus probably too well hidden for me to find anyway. The same might happen to you if you poke around the network too much..."

It takes some time - the tracks are very well hidden - but Buck eventually manages to sort out exactly what's going on with Yuuji's PDA - and, by extension, his own. It was accessed from an outside connection labeled "HABBIKIN-FIMBAN-RSK5Z0XZI8". "Habbikin" is just a Fysarian datapad model, and "FIMBAN" is known in the hacking/computer community to roughly equate to "user". The rest of it is just an identification code - a code that most hacking software is able to block out or change, which makes it "interesting" that it's still there.

After digging through a couple databases, Buck discovers that the device in question is registered to one "Vambal Iinaknati", himself listed elsewhere as a gas freighter crewman and engineer - certainly not a hacker - which means that the PDA was likely stolen.

For a couple minutes, Buck puzzles over the results. If what he's found is at all accurate, it means that the hacker stole some random guy's datapad and, without any real software, managed to hack through a Tartarus Inc. PDA's security. Either they've had practice, or they're very, very good. Perhaps even a little better than Buck himself.

Meanwhile, Brom has gone back to the computer to research the other mission's planet and star system. What he's found is... not very unusual. The planet is apparently called "Eatlan". It's about 1.2 AU from its star (standard for a garden world), possesses plant life and a breathable atmosphere, and Gs are in an acceptable range (1.38Gs). The temperature's a bit warm and tropical, and it's apparently very jungle-y, but not much else is noteworthy. There is, however, a second garden world in the system - one that is curiously absent from most records - one called "Firized". Brom can't find much about it at all, other than the fact that a small pirate fleet vanished over it roughly 54 years ago, in 3098. No traces were ever found.

Brom and Buck are just turning back to tell everyone what they've uncovered when they hear a sound coming from the direction of Mr. Feb Keshor, sitting over on his sofa. It sounds like a voice emanating from a handheld radio: "Febivo Keshor? Kanoka? Okhal hake. Kinorvan kekra kevani kri afon hiliil sotak ifar kichan - mebi kakvire vashah Adopan. Vormis afon kalal ran af sikagi ohkaka kofivas."

Feb doesn't seem to be pleased by this at all, and gets to his feet, speaking into the device. "Kinorvan? Mokavi? Vokir efol ka koofali milagi?"

"Ifar FMU!"

Hearing this, Feb succeeds in being the angriest-chattering Fysar the little fireteam has heard to date. "Aviri mokar ka oval ohkaka?! Ka miven anuira meri!"

"Mevisha iviri."

Feb scoops up a couple devices from the sofa beside him and pockets them, talking quickly. He and the fysar on the other end share a few more sentences, and then they break contact. As soon as they do, Feb immediately begins shouting orders at the other gang members in the room. Savoske and the Bhezian get ordered elsewhere (along with the three fysar at the other end of the room), while Feb orders the hiltorel at the north end of the room to come with him - apparently telling him to arm himself along the way, seeing as the squid picks up a weapon. During all this, the name "Kinorvan" is growled frequently, along with what are apparently choice insults.

And with that, Febivo Keshor Mikiikah walks briskly towards one of the eastern exits, the squid by his side.

((this miniturn ends before Feb Keshor has actually left the room.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am
Kinorvan has noticed as well - and the inmates are noticing he seems a little on edge. "Sit down," he says flatly - this time with a bit more force. He gestures sharply with his head towards the empty armchair, and then turns back to Caleb. "Spiderbot, right? Tasty. Ses said it was Opitek, he's not usually wrong." (Behind him, Ses beams from the praise.) "We'll deal: you show me how the thing works, and I call in the prisoner." He pulls out a small radio from a chest pocket with his left hand and speaks into it. "FMU's here for the prisoner. Bring her down. And, uh... Afon ifar kookarar, misi bashas."

A voice responds, "Vavinko."

Nilo still hasn't sat down.

"Sit down!" Kinorvan barks, pointing his pistol at Nilo, then the chair. "Do we have a problem here, kalaki?"
I frown, not exactly liking all the pistol-waving- or Nilo's angering of the gang boss. Kinorvan seems to be on a hair-trigger. I'd better try and calm things- we're so close to being able to get out of here and back to the relative safety of Daneelo's gang. (I never expected to want to go back there, but here we are.)

"There's no problem. We're just here to do business. Take a seat, Polaris."

I continue on to demonstrating the spiderbot, contenting myself in the knowledge that the sooner we get this done, the sooner we'll be out of the lion's den. Besides, rattling off the specifications gives me something to do.

"The spiderbot itself is a voice-controlled combat model. It's armed with a concussion grenade and the equivalent of twin plasma pistols, and is quite intelligent at following commands. Allow me to demonstrate?"

If Kinorvan agrees, I demonstrate some of the hand motions I saw Hosef'wa use, showing off the robot's maneuverability.

If he doesn't, I shrug and continue with my explanation. "It can follow commands in several languages, can armor itself, and attack given targets. It also is locked to only follow the commands of set users. We can set it up to follow your commands when we finish the trade."

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am
Ses said it was Opitek, he's not usually wrong.
Samuel's eyebrows inch closer to each other a bit at this mention. They had someone who seemed pretty well versed with weapons...they just left them all back there. It might be a good idea to come up with a cover story in case they get questioning...and hopefully they didn't recognize Estelle's PSI-pack...that could turn ugly...If it didn't get ugly before unless Polaris decided to sit down...the boss seemed really irritated already...

Throw a glance to Estelle and Polaris
Assist Cole with his demonstrations if he needs help
Listen to the room in general, gauge the general mood
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Confused, shout after Feb Kishor:

"Hey, the hell's y'all goin'!? Is the Meshaba thing back already?"
Feb pauses, and after a moment of thought, turns around. "My former second-in-command is trying to sell off our prisoner downstairs, posing as me. He's been trouble for a while." He eyes them sidelong before turning to leave. "If you're thinking about coming, I'm not gonna stop you, but I'm not gonna owe Mokila anything else either." With the added tone, the delicate meaning is clear: he would appreciate backup, but he's very certainly not straight-up asking for it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:49 am
Hapchazzard wrote:

Feb pauses, and after a moment of thought, turns around. "My former second-in-command is trying to sell off our prisoner downstairs, posing as me. He's been trouble for a while." He eyes them sidelong before turning to leave. "If you're thinking about coming, I'm not gonna stop you, but I'm not gonna owe Mokila anything else either." With the added tone, the delicate meaning is clear: he would appreciate backup, but he's very certainly not straight-up asking for it.
Chuckle

"Sounds fun to me! Beats sittin' here n' kickin' rocks all day, that's for sure."

Pick up the pace and tag along with Feb Kishor and his gang, keeping to the back of the group

Talvieno wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:49 am
Hapchazzard wrote:

"I welcome the opportunity with open arms! Lead me to the enemy, so that I may teach the true meaning of fear!
Bill! Yuuji! Prepare yourselves, for great battle awaits us!"

Motion for my allies to follow, and march after Feb.
Before I leave, check to make sure that non-squad members cannot view my actions, and grab the laser pistol and electron sword off the table and silently stash them away in my pack.

Keep an eye out for signs of either Marina, or Vynkor.
If I find them alive, remove the weapons I took from the table, and set them on the ground.
Casually mumble something about them being heavier than expected, and continue onward.
Breaker of fortune cookies

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 pm
Fine, take some, just leave the rifle.
I take the plat, the radio, the spare ammunition (leaving Marina one in the rifle and one more), and the grenade. This should leave her with the rifle, two mags, and the knife.
Marina wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 pm
I wonder what has gotten this guy so agitated?
"Something about that prisoner transfer seems to have set him off. He's acting suspicious; maybe he's a double agent. We should follow him and see if he goes anywhere interesting. And then mug him."

Online Now