Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

cackles madly from his griefer den :ghost:
IronDuke wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 pm
That ship will be mine. :twisted: Probably will replace my FDL with it.
I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest - the Mamba got nerfed pretty hard in the Beta so now it looks like it might be dead on arrival. In any case, keep your ship, as you never know when you might want to fly it again.

Meanwhile: @everyone FDL 🙏

0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:22 am
zircher wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 pm
Odd question, can you play the current version of Elite Dangerous in single player mode and never have to interact with other humans players? I'd like to replicate something more like the original game play rather than some PvP murder sim.
You can play alone, but not offline, in Solo. However, even in Open, your chances of meeting other players is pretty low outside of certain hotspots.
I wonder if E:D will ever be available for Offline play. I mean, unless it becomes another EVE Online, sooner or later people will abandon it... if not completely, anyway enough to encourage the shutdown of the servers before the infrastructure becomes economically unsustainable.
Perhaps this will some time after they released an E:D 2?
(not that I know. Just guessing what could ever lead people to leave...)

fox wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:53 am
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:22 am
zircher wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 pm
Odd question, can you play the current version of Elite Dangerous in single player mode and never have to interact with other humans players? I'd like to replicate something more like the original game play rather than some PvP murder sim.
You can play alone, but not offline, in Solo. However, even in Open, your chances of meeting other players is pretty low outside of certain hotspots.
I wonder if E:D will ever be available for Offline play. I mean, unless it becomes another EVE Online, sooner or later people will abandon it... if not completely, anyway enough to encourage the shutdown of the servers before the infrastructure becomes economically unsustainable.
Perhaps this will some time after they released an E:D 2?
(not that I know. Just guessing what could ever lead people to leave...)
Oh I've a bloody good reason!
*begin rant*
So all I've been watching on how to make credits in E:D, was to roam here, trade there, shoot somewhere in the middle.
Shooting for me seems to be a lot of miss, rather than hit. Also, I've lost a few ships to the AI thinking "I should be able to tank them with this shield!!"... BOOM!
Roaming is cool, I reckon I'll be good at that, but trade, trade was something I was good at finding.
Moved down to Ceos/ Sothis, as both places are in Boom time, and was having fun with the Type-6, then the Diamondback Explorer, and woot! finally just got the Type-7!
Just before I got it, I accepted a mish to transport 180 gold from one port to another, and I thought it was meant to be!
I'll grab the new ship, make it's cargo hold large enough (it's a backwater town, no 6 rating anything)
Head to the station to pick up the gold and the docking computer says I can't land, as no pad large enough.
*end rant*

So, I've cancelled all my 23 million credits worth of journeys, as I now have no idea what stations will accept my new behemoth.
I can't go back to the type-6, onwards and upwards folks, there is a way forward

This, has most definitely, put a spanner in the works.. I won't be playing E:D for the rest of the week,
:cry:

.. TL;DR, and now I'm being fined 5 million credits because I can't land my ship?
F*&K this game.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Silverware wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:04 pm
Trade huh...
You have a copy of Starsector there Formal?
That might suit you better.
Nah, thanks for thinking of me though.
I'd miss the ability to feeling that I am actually flying in space (with Teddo beside me, those who know, know).
So, I went back the following day, and stuck at E:D, and now I have a Python (now worth 50 mill), and 60 mill creds in the bank.
I'm now at Farseer (one of the first engineers), and I'm thinking of building an explorer ship and go see the Blackhorse Nebula!
Anything to take a break from pirates who attack me when I have nothing in my cargo...
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 am
Silverware wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:04 pm
Trade huh...
You have a copy of Starsector there Formal?
That might suit you better.
Nah, thanks for thinking of me though.
I'd miss the ability to feeling that I am actually flying in space (with Teddo beside me, those who know, know).
So, I went back the following day, and stuck at E:D, and now I have a Python (now worth 50 mill), and 60 mill creds in the bank.
I'm now at Farseer (one of the first engineers), and I'm thinking of building an explorer ship and go see the Blackhorse Nebula!
Anything to take a break from pirates who attack me when I have nothing in my cargo...
well, X4 is out now. and its more stable than the last couple releases :ghost:

Get festive with two seasonal Bobbleheads.
After four years absence, they send me bobbleheads? Jeez!
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, dedication and passion for Elite Dangerous.
Coños!
Oolite Naval Attaché

So... I once again wrote something...
This time useful for those who want to make a quick buck in Elite.

Mining Opals or Painite are two of the most profitable (in credits/hour) activities in Elite at the moment.
Here is a tool that'll tell you where to sell your hold full of liquid credits.
It'll only work for a bubble 256LY in Radius around Sol, but any star in there should be included.
Even HIP 21991, with it's double Painite Hotspot, can be thrown in.

http://silver.goat.army/prototypes/opals/
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Been playing elite lately. Hard to call it a multiplayer game when NPCs are the main interaction, but it's fun.

Today I met up with Triggerhappy for a little bit and we did a little opal searching together.

I was thinking it might be fun to do some Sidewider PVP at some point. Would any of you guys be down for that?

Online Now