Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:59 pm
"So. As to the details: For the rover, there are no 'ancient alien tombs'." This is directed specifically at Buck. "It's an untouched, uninhabited world. No dangerous fauna, either. I do, however, want you to teach them a lesson they won't soon forget: 'You don't steal from Mokila.' You know... rough them up a bit. Make them regret it, but don't destroy them outright. It's all legal - it was part of the contract when they signed it." He gives an amused, in-joke sort of smile. "As to the evacuation, all they want you to do is protect the landing pad and the path there from the base. You should be able to handle it - after all, you escaped the surface of Nanyej, so the Nemesis clearly has some ability to handle high-G environments. You actually might be better suited for it than anyone else I have on hand."
Deflate somewhat at this

"Huh... you'd think they'd want such a fancy piece o' tech for somethin' 'specially dangerous."

Rub my chin, but perk up at the notion of roughing up aliens and getting paid handsomely for it

"So we can smash shit up, take anythin' that has value n' ain't bolted to the ground, n' kill anyone that puts up a fight n' ain't too important? Just not, like, nuke the place or somethin'? I've dun' did some o' these kinds o' jobs in the past, n' some people have different meanings to the word "rough up". Just makin' sure we're on the same page?"

I'd imagine that a squid would require particular bloodlust in such a task

"Oh, a classic! I can guarantee I don't know, and I can also guarantee you won't believe me! How exciting! But, fine, I think we'll play along. The truth is, I have no idea. Me and Teaw are on our own. What other people do is other people's doings. We just know what happened between the two of us. I told you, we literally walked the whole way here, alone, only to get our hopes and dreams betrayed by frogs!"

If at any point Vynk attacks,
- Start screaming like I am being tortured to mask the noise of combat.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Lisathl wrote:
No, no, I do understand what you're saying, but you see, that's not my style. No, you see - I find it more effective to have both parties in the same room, so each can watch as I torture the other.
I sit for a moment longer, collecting my thoughts and trying to keep my calm.
"Aha! I knew those stains weren't wine!"
I start fidgeting with my hands, trying to cut my bindings just a little more whenever Lisathl isn't looking, while making it look like I'm just nervous anytime he is.
If he notices and doesn't seem to be convinced, I don't stop anymore.
If he comes close, I break through the last fibres of the bindings and attack him, aiming first to grapple (grab an arm or a tentacle, or get my shackles around his neck), and then for effect, using everything I have: hands, the blade, my body weight if I can topple the chair on top of him, even my teeth.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:01 pm
"Alright, I h-have what I n-needed. Frank, you d-done?"
Eyeing the music egg curiously (It is a nicely crafted bauble after all), Frank stows the bought medkit before nodding.

"So long everyone paid properly, I believe we should get going, yes..."

To Kiibar
"We're sorry for having intruded on you like this. Please have a nice day, shevar."

And please don't send the peacekeepers after us!
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Talvieno wrote:
"Sorry for the interruption, gentlemen. As to payment, I can offer you... let's see... 400 hype for the evacuation. For the recovery of my rover... 448 hype.

"So. As to the details: For the rover, there are no 'ancient alien tombs'." This is directed specifically at Buck. "It's an untouched, uninhabited world. No dangerous fauna, either. I do, however, want you to teach them a lesson they won't soon forget: 'You don't steal from Mokila.' You know... rough them up a bit. Make them regret it, but don't destroy them outright. It's all legal - it was part of the contract when they signed it." He gives an amused, in-joke sort of smile. "As to the evacuation, all they want you to do is protect the landing pad and the path there from the base. You should be able to handle it - after all, you escaped the surface of Nanyej, so the Nemesis clearly has some ability to handle high-G environments. You actually might be better suited for it than anyone else I have on hand."
"Your payment is acceptable; I'm sure the crew will be pleased!
I'm considering taking on both jobs, I'd like to go over some of the details to insure that we get everything worked out.

My team is highly competent in a fight, so avoiding damage to your rover shouldn't be an issue.
As Bill has said, I'd like for us to be clear on how we deal with the thieves.
Shall we kill a few of them, and leave the rest, or injure most of them but leave them alive?
And further, should we let them know why we're there before we deliver due punishment?
As professionals, we will try to stay as close to your wishes as possible."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Thank Kiibar again for his help
Move outside with the squad
Keep an eye on the people around, look for signs of impending peacekeepers and people who might call them upon the squad
If, on the way out, we run into Maki
- "We're done now, thanks for your help!"
-Refrain from ruffling his/her hair

Once in a good spot, whisper to the others
"So...are we going to visit him? Or should we not?
Honestly, I kinda start to believe that it's too risky. It sounds like he'd rather plunge us into deep trouble rather than giving us, even grudgingly, the help we might be able to get."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

I give shevar a friendly smile and wave and follow the others outside.
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:46 am
"So...are we going to visit him? Or should we not?
Honestly, I kinda start to believe that it's too risky. It sounds like he'd rather plunge us into deep trouble rather than giving us, even grudgingly, the help we might be able to get."
"Aye, I'm kind of conflicted on the whole thing - on one hand, if he does help, and Daneelo said he would, then it'd make dealing with the gang fellows easier. On the other hand, sounds like we might as well get shot before we get that far, to be sure. And he's allied to the feckers that got us in this hames to start with..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now