Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#286
Triggerhappy wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 am
Fuking interrupt Vynk like the rude witch that I am and yell: "DO ANY OF YOU SPEAK STANDARD? WE WERE TOLD YOU PEOPLE HAD AN ISSUE, WE CAME OT SEE IF WE COULD HELP!"
Sukava shouts, "DO ANY OF YOU SPEAK STANDARD? WE WERE TOLD YOU PEOPLE HAD AN ISSUE. WE CAME TO SEE IF WE COULD HELP!"

From the clustered throng around them, a larger, stronger-looking Fysar rises. She appears very heavily armed and armored - albeit with makeshift gear, it nevertheless looks quite powerful. She seems to hold a position of authority: when she speaks, the others grow quieter to listen as she finally speaks - in broken Galactic. "Help? You, who cannot talk hirmiin, Kriivar? Say to me: What is our name called? And from who you come? Why they say we need help, and that you now attack first? Answer these questions, Kriivar." She bears the attitude of a superior conversing with one so far beneath themselves that an air of superiority serves little purpose - the attitude of an adult talking to a little child.
Frank wrote:
Saoirse wrote:
Caleb wrote:
Big Daneelo looks on with little empathy as Frank and Saoirse are overcome with emotion. While it doesn't show outwardly, he is gradually developing an impatient annoyance. His fronds twitch; he turns to Almina and speaks: "'Mina, poasana mala loritepa calon polas apetohas laro. Fasonona mpe vea pru afaso peloss?" Almina does not reply, but looks embarrassed, or perhaps apologetic. She wrings her pairs of hands together awkwardly.

Fortunately, it isn't long before Caleb speaks up, taking advantage of his soldier's training to (temporarily) calm himself. "If we stay here, we'll only make this worse...we need to leave, for our sake and the station's. I can't see our presence here calming things at all. You obviously know far more than we do about the situation. What's the most realistic course of action? Obviously just walking to the docks is out of the question."

"You are not leaving," Big Daneelo replies curtly - and this time it seems addressed specifically to Caleb, instead of the group, as though the others have escaped his notice. "You are staying here. On the station." Sensing he'll need to either explain or risk another dramatic emotional outburst, he adds, "Not yet. If you leave now, they will overtake your ship and destroy you. The Mercenary Union has the stronger ships. They will prevail. It will fully sway the remaining independents, and likely many that still follow Rebirth's ideology. Then we will not have a civil war, but a massacre."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#287
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm
"Help? You, who cannot talk hirmiin, Kriivar? Say to me: What is our name called? And from who you come? Why they say we need help, and that you now attack first? Answer these questions, Kriivar."
Respond: "We know not your name but your need for our services! We come from those who know but are not known! We do not attack you first, but we respond to attack in kind!

Look at Vynk with a blank expression.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#288
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 pm
"We know not your name but your need for our services! We come from those who know but are not known! We do not attack you first, but we respond to attack in kind!

Look at Vynk with a blank expression.
I raise an eyebrow and mutter to Marina. "You don't seem at all concerned that this plan is a poorly constructed tapestry of lies."
To the spokesfysar: "You guys need something shot or unshot or acquired or disposed of, we're the ones to ask. And you don't even have to leave the luxury of your home!"
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#289
Talvieno wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:42 pm
Big Daneelo looks on with little empathy as Frank and Saoirse are overcome with emotion. While it doesn't show outwardly, he is gradually developing an impatient annoyance. His fronds twitch; he turns to Almina and speaks: "'Mina, poasana mala loritepa calon polas apetohas laro. Fasonona mpe vea pru afaso peloss?" Almina does not reply, but looks embarrassed, or perhaps apologetic. She wrings her pairs of hands together awkwardly.

Fortunately, it isn't long before Caleb speaks up, taking advantage of his soldier's training to (temporarily) calm himself. "If we stay here, we'll only make this worse...we need to leave, for our sake and the station's. I can't see our presence here calming things at all. You obviously know far more than we do about the situation. What's the most realistic course of action? Obviously just walking to the docks is out of the question."

"You are not leaving," Big Daneelo replies curtly - and this time it seems addressed specifically to Caleb, instead of the group, as though the others have escaped his notice. "You are staying here. On the station." Sensing he'll need to either explain or risk another dramatic emotional outburst, he adds, "Not yet. If you leave now, they will overtake your ship and destroy you. The Mercenary Union has the stronger ships. They will prevail. It will fully sway the remaining independents, and likely many that still follow Rebirth's ideology. Then we will not have a civil war, but a massacre."
I wince, but I can see his point. The Nemesis could never stand up to a battlefleet- hell, it was about to get blasted to scrap by a single raider on the way here. And I could definitely see how destroying the hated Nemesis would bring a lot of legitimacy and power to the side that managed it.

"I guess we'll need to stay at least until the FMU's fleet is occupied by the fighting or something. That might not be feasible though, I'm not sure, I'm no admiral. But I don't exactly like the idea of sitting around and waiting for someone to come looking for us and a free ticket to more recruits for the fighting. Then again, if we're too active out there we'll be found and killed regardless. Is there anything we can do that won't make things even worse?"
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#290
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:51 pm
Take a few deep breaths, then look around and, seeing Ishmael is missing, say derisively

"Well, look who decided to bail on us again! Last time I looked back, that asshole dun' even left the bar! Must've hoped to sneak out while them aliens were busy shootin' us up."

Shake my head

"Bastard."

Look at Yuuji and say:

"There's our 'squadmate' for you. Warned ya 'bout him already, but nobody dun' listen to the voice o' reason, as usual. Well, if he wants to ditch us, I ain't stoppin' him."
"It's too dangerous to go back for him, but we can at least send an encoded message.
Bill, this is your area of expertise, how may we best go about this?
Can you provide extra encryption?"
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#291
0111narwhalz wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:40 pm
"We know not your name but your need for our services! We come from those who know but are not known! We do not attack you first, but we respond to attack in kind!

Look at Vynk with a blank expression.
I raise an eyebrow and mutter to Marina. "You don't seem at all concerned that this plan is a poorly constructed tapestry of lies."
To the spokesfysar: "You guys need something shot or unshot or acquired or disposed of, we're the ones to ask. And you don't even have to leave the luxury of your home!"
Whisper back: "It's the truth. We are looking for a job, we come from people they don't know, and they clearly have issues."
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#292
Hema wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am
"It's too dangerous to go back for him, but we can at least send an encoded message.
Bill, this is your area of expertise, how may we best go about this?
Can you provide extra encryption?"
Taking out my PDA:
"Well, even these shitty lil' things have some sort o' built in cipherin'. Every message sent is ciphered, sent over, n' deciphered on our and his side, so anyone monitorin' just the comms ain't gonna be able to read nothin'. Unless the folks in charge o' this place already have our slates singled out already for some reason, doubt they'd want to waste the time they'd need to decipher the message, or hack directly into our slates. If they have access to our pads, though, I could make it ciphered with somethin' that requires, like... a key? You know, an answer to a lil' question or somethin', somethin' only he'd be able to know straight away. Then again, if they had access, they'd already know which ship we're from."

Doing that gesture when I have an idea:

"I know!"

Open up my message app and find the option to send an encrypted message with a settable key
if I successfully find the option to do so, tell Brom:


"A'ight, n' your message is?"
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#293
Quietly

"You spoke of two factions controlling this station, both wanting that civil war..."

Pale-faced, Frank looks up into Daneelo's contemptuous face.

"Then where do you stand? We're still alive, instead of being driven out to further the conflict. What do you need- What do you want to use us for?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#294
Damnú air, this isn't the time to freak out, Saoirse... but poor Bob...
I start mentally playing some music to calm myself down somewhat, carefully regulate my breathing and push the majority of the freaking out away... for now.
Just put it away, don't let them see it gets to you
After a bit more time, I wipe away the tears with a sniff an turn back around, still red eyed.
"S-sorry."
All of this sucks.

[caleb and frank say stuff]
Hesitantly, I add "Is t-there anyone who benefits f-from t-this mess? All w-we've heard s-so far just m-makes me t-think someone is m-manipulating us to st-stir up shite..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#295
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:35 am
Hema wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am
"It's too dangerous to go back for him, but we can at least send an encoded message.
Bill, this is your area of expertise, how may we best go about this?
Can you provide extra encryption?"
Taking out my PDA:
"Well, even these shitty lil' things have some sort o' built in cipherin'. Every message sent is ciphered, sent over, n' deciphered on our and his side, so anyone monitorin' just the comms ain't gonna be able to read nothin'. Unless the folks in charge o' this place already have our slates singled out already for some reason, doubt they'd want to waste the time they'd need to decipher the message, or hack directly into our slates. If they have access to our pads, though, I could make it ciphered with somethin' that requires, like... a key? You know, an answer to a lil' question or somethin', somethin' only he'd be able to know straight away. Then again, if they had access, they'd already know which ship we're from."

Doing that gesture when I have an idea:

"I know!"

Open up my message app and find the option to send an encrypted message with a settable key
if I successfully find the option to do so, tell Brom:


"A'ight, n' your message is?"
"Tell him that I can't protect him if he wanders off like this, and ask that he meet us downtown.
Then instruct him to delete the message just to be on the safe side. Don't want anything being traced back to us if he's caught."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#296
Gamma
Sukava shouts back, "We know not your name but your need for our services! We come from those who know, but are not known! We do not attack you first, but we respond to attack in kind!"

This last is said despite knowing full well that the fysar on the balcony hadn't actually been intending to "shoot to kill". They were just warning shots. Sukava and Vynkor, however, initiated actual combat. These people actually seem quite cautious and reasonable for a bloodthirsty gang, actually, but the dastardly duo continues to try their patience.

Vynkor decides to add, "You guys need something shot or unshot or acquired or disposed of, we're the ones to ask. And you don't even have to leave the luxury of your home!"


The gang's speaker gives the two a flat stare in response, seeming thoroughly unimpressed. The inmates have cleverly succeeded in failing to satisfactorily answer any of the four questions she had asked. "So, my questions have no answer to you," she muses slowly, deliberately. "You are Kriivar; you have no... dobiri. We had think you maybe someone... ikaffi mikika - someone of power, or of friends with power. But no. You are lish." She stares for a moment longer. Finally she shrugs, turning away as though the entire incident is of little consequence, and lazily raises a hand for a signal. "Sishae kwakiil," she speaks, in a thoroughly bored tone.

A dozen aliens charge at her command.



Beta
After Big Daneelo speaks, Caleb quickly processes the information and nods. "I guess we'll need to stay at least until the FMU's fleet is occupied by the fighting or something. That might not be feasible though; I'm not sure, I'm no admiral."

Pale-faced, Frank adds, "What do you need - What do you want to use us for?"

"Need? Use?" Big Daneelo chuckles. He says something else - something the bhezian does not translate - and then chuckles again before replying, "I have no 'need' of you. I think, perhaps, you overestimate your importance here. You are merely pawns - powerless tokens to be moved about, as in a game. And one of you has been taken. It upsets the balance."

Saoirse interjects, "Is t-there anyone who benefits f-from t-this mess? All w-we've heard s-so far just m-makes me t-think someone is m-manipulating us to st-stir up shite..." Her eyes are red, but she's trying to hold off and save her grieving for later. She's managing it fairly well, now that she's trying.

The plodus gives Saoirse a long, steady stare, as though sizing up her intelligence. She seems an intelligent enough girl, really - for a human, anyway. He finally says, "In the real world, only one party benefits from anything, Sairsa. If others believe they benefit, they are fooled." He pronounces her name incorrectly, but the bhezian gets it right upon translation. "It remains to be seen who will benefit from this, but if I have it my way, it will be neither Rebirth nor the mercenaries. The pirates of the Hy'sak Viscari have cut their allegiance to the local mercenaries entirely in a quest for power. They are not local, though," he adds, clarifying. "They're part of a larger network, more powerful than any on Fuhodo. It is not good to make enemies with them. We pay them tribute for protection, and you would have been protected if you'd stayed on your ship." This last is punctuated by a spiteful glare.

"Then where do you stand?" Frank asks. "We're still alive, instead of being driven out to further the conflict."

Big Daneelo starts to speak, but stops. When he finally answers, he seems to say a good deal more than the bhezian translates - and some of it may not be specifically to Frank and his peers, but to Almina or the bhezian instead. "I protect Fuhodo and its people. I take no side that does not benefit the station." The inmates get the feeling that there may be a lot more to this than is being said.

The inmates stand silently for a moment. Finally, Caleb mutters,"I don't exactly like the idea of sitting around and waiting for someone to come looking for us." He's managing to keep a relatively straight face through all this. "Is there anything we can do that won't make things even worse?"

"Yes, actually," the plodus says slowly, thoughtfully. He glides closer to his desk and begins working with his computer. "I'm not keeping you here. That hurts my business. Instead, I have an errand for you run."

Caleb doesn't like this idea, given everything he's heard - and rightfully so. "If we're too active out there we'll be found and killed regardless," he warns.

"Which is why you will stay quiet." Big Daneelo presses a button on his desk.

Immediately, the door behind the trio opens and two people walk through - a human mercenary escorted by a hiltorel guard. The guard soon leaves, and the mercenary - a scarred man with close-cropped auburn hair - moves to stand near the other three REKT members.

"I mentioned I knew of the cryo, the Nemesis, and so on," Big Daneelo says, waving it away with a hand like it's trivial. "This human, Nilo, was also from cryo. He will replace your fourth party member. He came aboard with the other people earlier - the ones that sought to trade hi-plat. He became separated, and I captured him."

((Going to give you guys a break from the infodump to briefly introduce your characters to each other. Nilo already knows all of what's said above regarding the situation on Fuhodo. Your characters will have more time to become better acquainted later - which, I figure, will be an important thing if your characters plan to work together for any length of time.))
((Also, sorry for how choppy everything got in regards to "who said what when". arranging things chronologically in a story-friendly manner is hard, but doing it now saves me a lot of time later))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#298
Hema wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am
"Tell him that I can't protect him if he wanders off like this, and ask that he meet us downtown.
Then instruct him to delete the message just to be on the safe side. Don't want anything being traced back to us if he's caught."
Start writing the (encrypted) message:

"alright, u rly done fukced now. we told u 2 stay together, but no, for some reason u thought it would be a smart idea 2 stay in the bar. well, ur shit outta luck, since them alien thugs r at the door of the place now, n theres some huge fukcin mutant or smth n a talkin scary green thing with them n i aint fightin that shit. try goin out the back door or smth cause i think them aliens were lookin to eat someone, n u dun want to be their next meal. if u make it out in 1 piece, shoot me a msg so we know n meet us downtown."

Encrypt the message, with the key being "Terminator"
After sending the encrypted message, quickly shoot him a non-encrypted message that says:

"ps the passcode is my alias, n delete that shit after u done read it"

After finishing the second message, turn to the rest and say

"Huh, done!"

Then, turn to Yuuji and ask:

"Anyways, the hell was that between you n' that ugly alien bastard that was tryin' to get the door open? Was he with that gang o' thugs that were skulkin' outside the bar? Feller looked like he was in a real hurry."
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

#300
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:16 pm
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:25 pm
"Vynk, there's a building right next to us. Lets break inside, use it for cover, make it harder for them to shoot us all at once."
"Fukcing nope, you had your chance. I'm out. I'm gonna go look for someone less suicidal."
Suddenly, a wild wralk appears, towering over Vynkor from behind.

((Don't take this post seriously; it's non-canon))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron