Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Locking the thread for the turn today.

In other news: I'm going to skip over BFett for the time being. I gave him until I locked the thread this time to post his character sheet, and if he didn't have time to do that over the past two weeks, how is he going to manage checking up on the thread 3-4 times a week? It's not a decision I like making, but it needs to be done. :|

With that in mind: TheMainMethod, are you still around and ready to play? And do you have the free time to keep up?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Name: Nilo “Polaris” Arcterius
Personal Information: Height 6’2” A lean build with close cropped auburn hair and green eyes (160 lbs). Strong Jawline and Prominent Nose with 2 scars: one starting above left eye leading through it to his cheek and one on the back of his head from PSI experiments.

Subjected to illegal PSI experiments as a child, Nilo was cast to the streets after failing to become the next step in human psionics. After some time wandering aimlessly on the endless streets of Priscilla, Nilo found a group of rejects similar to himself. Tired of being exiles even among the homeless, they formed a gang called the “Magisters”. After a few years of brutal gang wars and assassinations, the Magisters emerged at the top and established themselves as rulers. After hearing rumors of military PSI tech being transported through their domain, Nilo put together a plan to heist the goods. The plan went awry very quickly as the Magisters vastly under estimated the amount of guards and were summarily captured or executed.
Personality: Dealing with a constant sense of abandonment and failure, Nilo used this to galvanize himself and become the ruthless leader of a PSI gang known as the Magisters. Nilo is always seeking more power, be it a PSI implant or more followers. Due to his gang background, Nilo forms very strong and loyal bonds with his teammates, but if he feels slighted he will not hesitate to correct that... by any means necessary.
Reason your character got REKT: Nilo was stripped of his implants and sent to Tartarus for his part in bringing down one of the military transports and killing several dozen civilians and soldiers.
Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 1
  Robotics: -1
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: 0
  Intuition: 0
  Handiwork: -1
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 0
  Exotics: 2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
  Quantum Lash (0 creds)
  PSI Pack (0 creds)
  Gravity Amp Unit (0 creds)
  Nullfield Amp Unit (0 creds)
Spoiler:      SHOW

TheMainMethod wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:12 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Name: Nilo “Polaris” Arcterius
Personal Information: Height 6’2” A lean build with close cropped auburn hair and green eyes (160 lbs). Strong Jawline and Prominent Nose with 2 scars: one starting above left eye leading through it to his cheek and one on the back of his head from PSI experiments.

Subjected to illegal PSI experiments as a child, Nilo was cast to the streets after failing to become the next step in human psionics. After some time wandering aimlessly on the endless streets of Priscilla, Nilo found a group of rejects similar to himself. Tired of being exiles even among the homeless, they formed a gang called the “Magisters”. After a few years of brutal gang wars and assassinations, the Magisters emerged at the top and established themselves as rulers. After hearing rumors of military PSI tech being transported through their domain, Nilo put together a plan to heist the goods. The plan went awry very quickly as the Magisters vastly under estimated the amount of guards and were summarily captured or executed.
Personality: Dealing with a constant sense of abandonment and failure, Nilo used this to galvanize himself and become the ruthless leader of a PSI gang known as the Magisters. Nilo is always seeking more power, be it a PSI implant or more followers. Due to his gang background, Nilo forms very strong and loyal bonds with his teammates, but if he feels slighted he will not hesitate to correct that... by any means necessary.
Reason your character got REKT: Nilo was stripped of his implants and sent to Tartarus for his part in bringing down one of the military transports and killing several dozen civilians and soldiers.
Stats:
  Energy: 0
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 1
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 1
  Robotics: -1
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: 0
  Intuition: 0
  Handiwork: -1
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 0
  Exotics: 2
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
  Quantum Lash (0 creds)
  PSI Pack (0 creds)
  Gravity Amp Unit (0 creds)
  Nullfield Amp Unit (0 creds)
Some thoughts/suggestions/questions, to help me get to know the character a little better:
  1. Your psionic experiments sound like they were a little more than just illegal. It sounds like, one way or another, Nilo was actually brainwashed into believing he needed to be their "breakthrough", and that he somehow feels he's "not good enough" because he "failed" to be that breakthrough. I'm just grabbing at straws, though, because it doesn't actually say that - but the sense of failure ought to come from somewhere.
  2. Was Nilo born into the "psi labs"? Was he born to a family, who then abandoned him to the PSI labs? The source could affect where his sense of abandonment comes from, and play a big role in developing his personality.
  3. How does the sense of abandonment play out? Does he have trouble forming interpersonal relationships? Does he have trouble keeping them, and start to push them away when he feels himself getting close? How severe would you say that is?
  4. Where would you say Nilo grew up? Given the illegal experiments, the military shipments and the lack of government intervention, it sounds like he grew up on a borderworld (midworld, bordering the rim). You don't necessarily have to change anything - it's just a thought. My reason for asking is - how would you figure Nilo feels about aliens?
  5. His sense of failure plays out well as him pushing himself harder - but I imagine he also thoroughly loathes himself - perhaps privately, perhaps publicly. That could be interesting to play out, and could give some ground to build on later.

Important notes, however: You have 750 extra stat + skill points to use, and it doesn't look like you used them. You also have extra creds, and from what I can see, you didn't use any creds at all.

Re: nullfield amp: There are a couple items missing from the program. I'll have to add those in manually. I'll put it on my to-do list.

The turn will probably be up tomorrow - things have ended up happening today at home. I forgot tomorrow was the family reunion. :oops: Do you want to join up on this turn or the next one?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

1. I didn’t actually have that much depth when I initially wrote the char, but I like that a lot, so let’s roll with it.

2. Nilo was told that he was sold to the illegal PSI lab by his parents for money.

3. He NEVER forms even short term intimate relationships, keeps most everybody at arms length. That being said, Nilo understood the importance of having loyal lieutenants while a gang leader, so he keeps his allies very close as long he feels they are sticking around. It does take awhile for that to occur.

4. Metropolis Midworld near the rim, I would say. Nilo surprisingly does not hate aliens, as he encountered quite a few in the dregs of his planet Priscilla. He does stay quite wary of them regardless.

Regarding my additional stat/skill points and creds: I would like to do +1 to Intuition and save the stat bonus. Creds wise, I would like to get the Energy Shield (Inf) for 3000, which should leave me with 500 creds left. I can start today or this very next turn (don’t know which is soonest, but I’ll take it!)

Liking what I'm hearing regarding the character's backstory/personality. We ought to add that to his profile. :) Also, you have 7500 creds, not 3500, so taking the energy shield will still leave you with 4500. We start with 5000 for new chars, and you got an extra 2500 because you started a bit late. It won't get Nilo completely up to speed with the rest, but it'll give him an extra boost - hopefully enough, if he's lucky, to let him survive the mission.

The turn may be up today. It depends on how things play out with the family reunion and what happens afterwards. I won't be able to work on it probably until 4 my time or later, so about six and a half hours from now.

Online Now