Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:31 pm
"No, it wouldn't," she hisses, still whispering. "But you just did! ... Dia he a hso, you humans are idiots! They didn't tell me you were from the Nemesis, I guessed! Let's see here: FMU is after you in Rebirth territory, they're tight-lipped, badly want information about a group of 'people' that passed by but refuse to give any details, and you're refusing to give me any details either - what else could it be? And if I could guess, someone else could too!" Here she pauses and turns away, listening for any sign of the mercs. A moment later she spins back around, her head-tentacles whipping about. "Do you have any idea how badly them capturing you would upset the balance on the station? I bet you didn't even stop to think about that, did you? Do you know what they'd do to you? What they'd do to me?"
[IC]Frank[/IC]

"Details? Everything's about details." Frank starts quietly and flat-voiced

"We could have taken the time to go over the 'details' that were important, yes! Then they'd probably have gotten here, caught us, seen you and they'd come to the wrong conclusions. Not only upsetting the 'balance on the station', of which we weren't given much to work with either! But now we all at least have the opportunity to get to a result by creating a complete picture, no? If you need details, we might have something, if we knew what you need! And of course, if you deem it too dangerous, we'll leave. We will have come down here and went by. Or what do I know, whatever we could say to corroborate the story you just gave them..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hema wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:22 am
"You would do well to remember your place, rookie.
As experienced as the two of us are, you cannot reasonably be expected to comprehend everything we say and do.
However as your logical superiors, we do expect some level of respect from you."
"My place? You mean the vet squad that went out fighting while you were busy feeling important, misplacing squadmates and drinking while slumming in a bar?
Get off your high horse, we're all the ass end of this operation.
Regardless, this Ishmael dude is around here somewhere, alone, surrounded by dudes who want to kill him.
One of us should go back him up, i don't know him and Billy is already talking to our potential employer here.
I think it'd be smart if you'd look after him, no?"

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:23 am
Hema wrote:
"You would do well to remember your place, rookie.
As experienced as the two of us are, you cannot reasonably be expected to comprehend everything we say and do.
However as your logical superiors, we do expect some level of respect from you."
"My place? You mean the vet squad that went out fighting while you were busy feeling important, misplacing squadmates and drinking while slumming in a bar?
Get off your high horse, we're all the ass end of this operation.
Regardless, this Ishmael dude is around here somewhere, alone, surrounded by dudes who want to kill him.
One of us should go back him up, i don't know him and Billy is already talking to our potential employer here.
I think it'd be smart if you'd look after him, no?"
"Perhaps you've missed the briefing, but that squad was given a different task than our own.
They have a reason to attract attention to themselves. We on the other hand need to remain undercover.
As for our squadmate, I believe he may have been injured during our last mission. Been acting strangely ever since.
Sorta like he's not all there.

"Now as for the noodle priest, he's currently sitting by the door. "
point toward Ishmael
"I'm honestly surprised you were able to overlook him.
Anyway, seeing as how you're so concerned with his well-being, I would suggest you check up with him yourself.
I would further recommend that you not try to break up my team.
We've been through more than you can imagine! Triumphed over unimaginable horrors! And overcome impossible odds!
If you continue your attempt to separate us, I will be forced to see you as a threat.
Now if you're finished with such behavior, then
welcome to the strongest team this quadrant has ever seen!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:55 am
"Now as for the noodle priest, he's currently sitting by the door. "
point toward Ishmael
"I'm honestly surprised you were able to overlook him.
Anyway, seeing as how you're so concerned with his well-being, I would suggest you check up with him yourself.
I would further recommend that you not try to break up my team.
We've been through more than you can imagine! Triumphed over unimaginable horrors! And overcome impossible odds!
If you continue your attempt to separate us, I will be forced to see you as a threat.
Now if you're finished with such behavior, then
welcome to the strongest team this quadrant has ever seen!"

"If i had tried to separate you from anything you'd know.
All i've tried was getting an ally support. An Ally, like i've said before, i've never seen and thus had a hard time recognising.
And i'll now take my leave towards said ally, good bye!"

Take my drink and get over to Ishmael

During me getting up:
"Impossible odds... of getting by the bar without getting wasted maybe... damn self important asshole"
outlander wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 pm
Sit near the exit.
"Heyo! I'm Yuuji! You must be Ishmael, no?

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 am
*stuff*
Look at Yuuji with a mix of bewilderment and irritation
After he takes his leave, tell the other two:

"He's just a goon anyway, he dun' need to know everythin' 'bout this job. Speakin' o' which, it's actually better if he dun' know everythin' from the get go, he seems like one o' them people that like to act smart while actually just bein' a rookie. Exactly like you'd expect someone from Beta to act, heh."

outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 pm
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:57 am
"Heyo! I'm Yuuji! You must be Ishmael, no?
"I am indeed. Are you from our ship as well?"
"Yeah, was with another squad but got separated from them, noticed you've been kinda abandoned by our two friends over there and thought you'd be better off with a bit of support behind your back"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:07 pm
"Exactly like you'd expect someone from Beta to act, heh."
((Buck isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, eh? Repeated telling that Yuuji is from a completely different group doesnt seem to have gotten through :lol: ))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
To Squig:

"Well, we're interested, or we wouldn't be here. Y'all will need to be more detailed, so we have an idea what we're up against. What kind o' rumors have you been gettin'?"
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:37 pm
So, Squigg, what kind of job would that be you'd be asking of us? Explosions and gore, yay or nay?
Hema wrote:
"Of course with a team like mine, that which you're asking for will be of no issue.
So let's get down to business! What does this job entail? So that we may prepare accordingly?
Additionally, how much in the way of payment are we talking?"
"We're interested, or we wouldn't be here," Buck points out. "Y'all will need to be more detailed, so we have an idea what we're up against. What kind o' rumors have you been gettin'?"

"Doesn't matter," Squigg says, waving his hand as though to brush the question away. "I'll tell you what's important. You're better than those lowlifes, yeah? Can get a job done?"

"What kind of job would that be you'd be asking of us, then?" Yuuji asks. "Explosions and gore, yay or nay?"

Squigg chuckles and grins, pointing at Yuuji as if he'd just cracked a joke. "You, you're my type o' man, that. No explosions, might be a bit o' gore. There's always shooting. But I figure you lads can handle a bit of that, can't ya?"

Brom nods with a clear air of superiority. "With a team like mine, that which you're asking for will be of no issue. So, let's get down to business! What does this job entail? So that we may prepare accordingly? Additionally, how much in the way of payment are we talking?"

"399 hi-plat," Squigg says in a lower voice, watching the faces of those at the table cautiously, as though trying to read their thoughts. "Not a chip more or less. Just need you to fetch some parts for me got left behind. Parts may be guarded, of a sort. Folks may not want you taking 'em. Don't want you catching the eye of anyone neither, so you go easy on the explosions," he says specifically to Yuuji. "You fellows sure you can handle that?"

((and the table devolves into madness as Buck, Brom, Yuuji decide they hate each other))

"Hmm, maybe you fellows can't handle that after all, eh?" Squigg finally says, after watching the mayhem with increasing apprehension. "Not such a tight ship, are you."

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:31 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
The inmates climb out from behind the crates and stand in front of Almina. "Honestly, I told the truth as much as I knew it," Caleb says truthfully. "I had no idea they knew we were from the Nemesis. And I didn't think telling everyone we met about that would improve our survival chances."

"No, it wouldn't," she hisses, still whispering. "But you just did! ... Dia he a hso, you humans are idiots! They didn't tell me you were from the Nemesis, I guessed! Let's see here: FMU is after you in Rebirth territory, they're tight-lipped, badly want information about a group of 'people' that passed by but refuse to give any details, and you're refusing to give me any details either - what else could it be? And if I could guess, someone else could too!" Here she pauses and turns away, listening for any sign of the mercs. A moment later she spins back around, her head-tentacles whipping about. "Do you have any idea how badly them capturing you would upset the balance on the station? I bet you didn't even stop to think about that, did you? Do you know what they'd do to you? What they'd do to me?"
cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:00 pm
...FUKC! I desperately wish that this mission could just be like our old ones- go into the slums, try not to get shot by some hopped-up druggie, or go out and shoot a few pirates or something. I'm not cut out for this secret agent shit!

I sigh, frowning heavily. "I imagine we'd get killed in some painful, lingering way that they'd also use to set the entire station on fire...if we were lucky.

And I'm sorry we put you in danger, but we had no other option- those guys were going to catch and kill us eventually."

I fall quiet for a moment, thinking on what she said. "How bad is the situation here? we were told the station was on the brink of a civil war, but that was about all we were told about it."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:04 am
"We could have taken the time to go over the 'details' that were important, yes! Then they'd probably have gotten here, caught us, seen you and they'd come to the wrong conclusions. Not only upsetting the 'balance on the station', of which we weren't given much to work with either! But now we all at least have the opportunity to get to a result by creating a complete picture, no? If you need details, we might have something, if we knew what you need! And of course, if you deem it too dangerous, we'll leave. We will have come down here and went by. Or what do I know, whatever we could say to corroborate the story you just gave them..."[/u]
Caleb sighs, frowning. "I imagine we'd get killed in some painful, lingering way that they'd also use to set the entire station on fire... if we were lucky."

"They'd parade your corpses through the streets, is what they'd do," Almina says, digging through a pouch at her waist. Her two smaller, lower hands hold it open while she digs through it with one of the upper pair. It looks a bit odd, to someone not used to being around hiltorel.

Caleb nods. "I'm sorry we put you in danger, but we had no other option. Those guys were going to catch and kill us."

"You could've given me more details," she points out sharply.

"Details?" Frank cuts in, feeling like it's unfair. "We could have taken time to go over the 'details' that were important, yes! Then they'd probably have gotten here, caught us, seen you, and then they'd come to the wrong conclusions."

Almina has finally found what she was looking for: some kind of small electrical device. She pulls it out as though it is of no consequence and fiddles with it. "You had plenty of time," she states factually. "You just spent most of it arguing about who was going to stay behind and play the hero." Here she points at Caleb specifically. "Your friends were right, you are an idiot. You were really going to let them capture you, komose? Hea hso." She seems like she's starting to calm down.

"If you need details, we might have something, if we knew what you need!" Frank says in exasperation. "And of course, if you deem it too dangerous, we'll leave. We will have come down here and went by. Or what do I know, whatever we could say to corroborate the story you just gave them..."

Pocketing the device briskly, Almina laughs. "Leave? You think you can just leave after this?" She takes a step back and shakes her head incredulously, shaking a finger at the inmates. "Nuh-uh, no. You're coming with me. I'm taking you to my uncle. He'll know what to do, and he'll be able to explain the situation on the station a lot better than I could."
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:15 pm
"Yeah, was with another squad but got separated from them, noticed you've been kinda abandoned by our two friends over there and thought you'd be better off with a bit of support behind your back"
"I see. I actually got separated from the squad early on, and came here on my own. I was about to get a job proposal when the landlubbers barged in sprouting nonsense from their portholes. What a troublesome bunch!"

"Me be fine with back-up. The ugly-looking gentlemen outside asked me to come outside to talk about business. I'll go and talk to their leader. If it breaks down, I'd appreciate fire support."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:18 pm
"Me be fine with back-up. The ugly-looking gentlemen outside asked me to come outside to talk about business. I'll go and talk to their leader. If it breaks down, I'd appreciate fire support."
"Fire support is something i can provide, stsbbing support as well" *grins a wide nasty grin*
"Lets go then and see what your new friends want?"

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:02 pm
Pocketing the device briskly, Almina laughs. "Leave? You think you can just leave after this?" She takes a step back and shakes her head incredulously, shaking a finger at the inmates. "Nuh-uh, no. You're coming with me. I'm taking you to my uncle. He'll know what to do, and he'll be able to explain the situation on the station a lot better than I could."
I scowl, but don't see a way out of this. Of course, we could just try and leave, but I'd be amazed if she was unarmed, and I'd bet a month's worth of my army salary that the little device she fiddled with was a communicator of some kind. Pissing off her mob boss uncle (more than we already have) sounds like a recipe for disaster. Maybe we can at least parley this into having something resembling an ally on this station, or at least someone who either doesn't want to kill us or wouldn't stand to gain from doing so yet. If nothing else, I'm sure the man knows what's going on here. Besides, Almina did save our lives.

I nod reluctantly. "You saved our lives back there, so that earned you some points in my book. Besides, that doesn't seem to have been a request, was it?"
I look at my companions. "I personally don't see how we have a choice. Besides, like Almina said, her uncle probably knows a lot more than we do about the situation on this station. If he doesn't just toss us out the airlock, he could be a big help."

Online Now