- Stab it with my electron sword.
- If I also fail the cut,
-- Kick it with my rocket boot.
If Vyk kills the alien,
- Clap twice, say "Nice."
If Vyk kills the alien and looks badass while doing it,
- Clap three times, say "Very nice!"

"Search it."

Sneak over to the room the alien came from and scout it.
Examine the hangar and room, and take stock of all entrances and exits.
Last edited by Triggerhappy on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: REKT: BTE Mission 2: Fuhodo Station

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
I wait awkwardly for the store person to finish his calculation, doing that thing where you're not quite sure if you're supposed to look at the store person because you were talking to them or look somewhere else because you don't want to look like you're impatient while they work.

If I'd hear commotion from the back door, I look at it and shout "Frank, what are you doing back there? Can't you go to the loo later in the pub?"
If I hear fighting, I hurry over to the door (but don't go through yet), try to look as 'innocent and non-threatening simple customer' as possible and do whatever is needed to de-escalate the situation (as I'm actually really just trying to be a customer).
If that doesn't help and my team or me seem in danger, I shield myself and the others from attacks with Spoon ((obligatory quickdraw slot reminder)) while looking for a possible escape route and still trying to de-escalate the situation.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:24 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:43 pm
"We really doin' this? I fukcin' hate these kind o' goddamn pen-pushers!"
"Hey, you want coin for booze or not? I don't care much for bloody unions either but we're pretty much guaranteed work if we hook up with 'em. I'm itching for a proper brew. That an' some squids to shoot."
"Chump change is what we'll get! I know these types - they expect you to be their bloody errand boy, go risk yer neck doin' their dirty work, n' for what? The ungrateful son's o' bitches try n' rip you off n' get out of payin' their share by speakin' how you broke some mumbo-jumbo hogwash contract stribulation! Everyone knows the real good work is the one that ain't put up in places like these."

Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:17 pm
"You," the monster utters slowly, in a harsh voice, "shouldn't be here."
[IC]Frank[/IC]

The janitor takes an involuntary step back, gazing up into the alien face and lifting his hands in a placating gesture.
Now would be the time for some expert talking, a witty response!

Frank's mouth opens slowly.
Or just keeping with the toilet story...

He blinks.
Toilet story, or something better!

'Uhhh'
Nope...
Last edited by F4wk35 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Ahead of them is the Mercenary Union Department, which Brom understands is like a bureaucratic version of a DMV, except for mercenary work instead of driving cars. It's the first stop coming from the docks or hangars for that very reason. Checking in could be a tricky proposition, but it's not without its benefits.
"My fukcin'..."

"Though it may not be how I'm used to dealing with things, it may be worth a look.
We should scope out the place. See how they operate, and what jobs they commonly offer.
Should they lack work suitable for mercenaries of our exquisite caliber, we can always look elsewhere."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Talvieno wrote:
Ahead of them is the Mercenary Union Department, which Brom understands is like a bureaucratic version of a DMV, except for mercenary work instead of driving cars. It's the first stop coming from the docks or hangars for that very reason. Checking in could be a tricky proposition, but it's not without its benefits.
"My fukcin'..."

"Though it may not be how I'm used to dealing with things, it may be worth a look.
We should scope out the place. See how they operate, and what jobs they commonly offer.
Should they lack work suitable for mercenaries of our exquisite caliber, we can always look elsewhere."
"C'mon, screw this place! Let's go check the waterin' holes first n' see if there's someone lookin' to give work there. Ugh, scope out the place, like you said. If we really dun' find nothin' good there, n' we will, we can come back here."

Start walking towards the elevator to our right
if the other two don't seem to come with me, look at them exceedingly irritated and raise my voice: "Oh come-the-fukc-on, you really want to be fillin' forms 'till the sun goes out for some floor-sweeper work!? 'least we could do is have a bloody drink before we do that crap!"

((Talvieno, question - is this administrative booth the only way to enter merc central, or is it just a thing that we can bypass with relative ease?))
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

F4wk35 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:59 am
'Uhhh'
Nope...
[IC]Frank[/IC]

That guy was massive! And dangerous in a casually obvious way. A nice course of action would now be to apologize, turn around, leave the shop and get away really quick. Before the alien decided to rip his head off...
It should be obvious how to proceed, but...that staff member could offer the spark to blow this whole station up.

Frank took another hesitant step back. That guy could easily kill him! Nobody could expect him to push onwards! It was just like back at the colony, wi-

A single image of a giant drakehound flashes by. Frank's hand twitches in the direction of his sword's hilt for just a moment, tightening into fists at his side.

No.

He may be a giant, and dangerous and deadly...but he could be reasoned with.
A janitor standing opposite a giant beast was something different from this situation here.

Defusing this situation would go a long way to keeping them safe.
And even if he didn't exactly have to do it for the Nemesis...then perhaps for the few not insane people on that ship.
They needed the resources, the money.

Though, prolonged survival for himself also didn't sound that bad...
His opposite didn't look too simple either. Not the kind of brute force without much self control. (One of these might perhaps have taken his head off already, now that he had that certain thought...)

Frank looks up to the alien with a determined look
"I do have business with the employee who just came through here. I have to clear up a possible missunderstanding that seems to have come up outside.
You can very well tag along to make sure it stays polite. I don't have any intention to harm any of the staff and every intention to keep it that way. So either lead the way or let me through so we're not bothering you longer than is necessary."
If he lets me through or leads the way to the runaway employee.
-knock on the door of the office first (politely) before entering
-"I'm trying to keep this civil and without escalation. I do not want to harm anyone here, you know?"
If the walking locker doesn't
-"Is there really no way we can keep this from blowing up in any way?"
If he doesn't let himself be convinced
-"Then please tell them, that whatever impression they have of us, we're not going to start anything so long this doesn't turn bad, ok?"
-Return to the main room
If he attacks
-Dodge his first attack (probably a swipe with his claws...)
-try to get past him
-Stab him with a tranquilizer
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:33 am
a lot of stuff
I keep a lookout in the front of the store, but I find it difficult to not think about Frank. I mentally kick myself for not going back there in his place, but he took me by surprise...I just hope he comes out of this okay. The best I can do for him right now is to make sure nothing goes bad up front here and to not blow his cover by going back there myself.

I attempt to tune out Saoirse's frankly horrendous attempts at speaking to the clerk, but the guy seems to still be attempting to help us despite...whatever the hell it was that Frank saw. Then again, there's no way of knowing what exactly he's actually doing on his terminal...

This is no time for distractions, though. I shake off these thoughts and concentrate on being on the lookout for trouble.

I stand watch out front like I have been before.
If I hear a commotion from the back room, I head over to take a look and see what's happening.
If a fight has started, I head in, pull out my electrorifle, and try to taze the lumbering mountain bearing down on Frank.
If there's no fighting, and Frank doesn't appear to be in danger, I try to quietly shut the door and head back to the front.
If there's no fighting, but Frank does appear to be in danger, I stay by the door to make sure I'm ready if a fight starts.
If instead I hear nothing and Frank returns to the front of the store, I give him a quick look-over to check for injuries and ask him what happened.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 am
Hema wrote:
Hapchazzard wrote:

"My fukcin'..."

"C'mon, screw this place! Let's go check the waterin' holes first n' see if there's someone lookin' to give work there. Ugh, scope out the place, like you said. If we really dun' find nothin' good there, n' we will, we can come back here."

if the other two don't seem to come with me, look at them exceedingly irritated and raise my voice: "Oh come-the-fukc-on, you really want to be fillin' forms 'till the sun goes out for some floor-sweeper work!? 'least we could do is have a bloody drink before we do that crap!"
"That's our Bill; gotta have booze to get through the working day.
Not to worry, for I have devised a plan that will satisfy us both.
A simple matter really. For one of my intellect at least.

We'll stop in briefly to ask a few questions about how they operate,
then head to the nearest bar of respectable quality, and discuss what we learn over drinks.
Pretty good, eh? What do you say, Bill?

I would suggest we gather information about the perks they offer, as well as the restrictions placed on those who sign up.
If nothing else it will give us a good idea of what work we can expect elsewhere."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:53 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:39 am
Hema wrote:

"That's our Bill; gotta have booze to get through the working day.
Not to worry, for I have devised a plan that will satisfy us both.
A simple matter really. For one of my intellect at least.

We'll stop in briefly to ask a few questions about how they operate,
then head to the nearest bar of respectable quality, and discuss what we learn over drinks.
Pretty good, eh? What do you say, Bill?

I would suggest we gather information about the perks they offer, as well as the restrictions placed on those who sign up.
If nothing else it will give us a good idea of what work we can expect elsewhere."
Look at Brom and consider this for a moment with a look of hesitation on my face, then say:

"A'ight, but no fukcin' forms!"

Online Now