Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Hema wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:20 am
"You sir have a keen eye for greatness! Not that it takes one to see in one such as myself!
If you would like to join me on my pleasant stroll, you are more than welcome to! All you need is ask.

And indeed, the locals will swoon at the mere sight of me! My wish will be their command!
We will take this station by storm, and bring victory to our fair ship and crew!"
"I am afraid I would get in the way, so I can only respectfully decline. To each his own."

Look at Frank.

Poor, damned soul.

"Frank, esteemed worker, I see you are not the one for too much excitement. Would you consider going to the docks with me?"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Look at Brom, already irritated, prepare to speak up
Hear a buzz go off on my PDA
Take it out completely nondiscreetly and fumble around with it, trying to find out where the message app is while mumbling about what a piece of shit the thing is

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am
"Whaddya say we snap up the colander head if Frank doesn't go with him? We'd be down one otherwise, and the others're mostly doing their own things. -G"
Type messages in quick succession:

"who"
"the piece of shit that stole my booze"
"what goods he for? he just knows how speak fancy & piss me off"
"no one aint gonna take us seriously if they hear him speak"
"n if i have to listen to both him and brom together ill go fuckin nuts"

Pause, look around at the other people, reconsider

"i mean, 3 is enough iiam"
"tho some1 4th would be good"
"true"
"& the others aint exactly much better either"
"but he dont want to come with brom anyway"
"unless you can convince him"
"idgaf either way"

((Wait, who's our 3rd? If I read Hapchazzard's posts right, he didn't really want Frank on our team, and Vynkor declined the offer. Brom's doing his own thing as usual. That makes two, myself and Buck.))

See the notification count on my PDA tick up rapidly and open the message app.
Damn he must really be tilted about that booze episode. Meh, I don't blame the guy. S'been too long since I've had a drink.
Reply:
"Yeah you have a point I suppose"
"Wtb Frank? Ik he's prolly not ur first choice but the guy can be useful, despite his eh other characteristics."
"Saved my ass back on squidland with a coag. If vink's not coming 'long he could help."

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:07 pm
((Wait, who's our 3rd? If I read Hapchazzard's posts right, he didn't really want Frank on our team, and Vynkor declined the offer. Brom's doing his own thing as usual. That makes two, myself and Buck.))

See the notification count on my PDA tick up rapidly and open the message app.
Damn he must really be tilted about that booze episode. Meh, I don't blame the guy. S'been too long since I've had a drink.
Reply:
"Yeah you have a point I suppose"
"Wtb Frank? Ik he's prolly not ur first choice but the guy can be useful, despite his eh other characteristics."
"Saved my ass back on squidland with a coag. If vink's not coming 'long he could help."
((I'm pretty sure Brom agreed to come with us. Of course, he's doing his usual "I am the leader" bluster, but in essence is agreeing to team up with us. Or so I think. Hema will have to clarify))

Reply:

"franks an ashhole"
"idk he has some kinda problem with me"
"im fine with him if he wants to come with us"
"but there aint no way in hell hell say yes"
"maybe if you ask him"
"but i wouldnt bet on it"

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 am
Yay!
"I do! We did well together last mission as well."
Then I remember Caleb lost two legs there. Woops.
"Er, er, so Bob wanted to tag along as well if that's ok? He suggested hitting downtown, and I don't really have a preference either way... not exactly experienced in soliciting jobs in shady starports."
"Yeah, that's not my area of expertise either," I say with a slight grin. This is definitely going to be a new experience for me, one way or the other...

"Bob did quite well on the mission, and he'll be very nice to have if things go sideways. I'm all for him coming along."

I think for a moment, going over the briefing and map in my head.

"Downtown works for me, though we'll have to be careful about being too visible. Don't want to attract attention from the wrong crowd."

"We'd probably be best off posing as mercs on time off - spending some shore leave, doing some shopping, enjoying some food but still being interested in our next job."
I look down at my arm and leg
"At least I already have the merc look down", I joke.
"I'll probably leave the talking to you guys though, I'm not really great at people..."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:07 pm
"We'd probably be best off posing as mercs on time off - spending some shore leave, doing some shopping, enjoying some food but still being interested in our next job."
I look down at my arm and leg
"At least I already have the merc look down", I joke.
"I'll probably leave the talking to you guys though, I'm not really great at people..."
I give an amused snort at Saoirse's joke, nodding my head along with her reasoning. "Sounds like a plan. I'm not entirely sure who we'd talk to to find a job, but I guess we can play it by ear."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:12 pm
((I'm pretty sure Brom agreed to come with us. Of course, he's doing his usual "I am the leader" bluster, but in essence is agreeing to team up with us. Or so I think. Hema will have to clarify))
((Shit you right, I completely misinterpreted that. This should be…interesting. :ghost:))

Reply:
"Yeah u rite, there's prolly enough tension between either of us and broom so bringing frank abouard would be a bit of a flustercuck."

0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
I raise an eyebrow at the continuous buzzing sounds from Gene's PDA, then send a message to Sukava from my own:
"What do you think about taking Ishmael as a third? He seems pragmatic."
Message back:
"And I quote, "...willing to pay solid gold for it, and there are always pirates who seek for partners, and broken men selling maps that lead to treasure! Anybody wants to go there with me?""

Flex my shitty robotic fingers after typing all that out, and type another:
"That sound like a voice of reason to you? Someone you would trust not to make a noise out there?"

[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Marina wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm
"That sound like a voice of reason to you? Someone you would trust not to make a noise out there?"
Via PDA:
"Eh, I've dealt with Pastafarians before. They're talky, but when it comes down to it they usually pull through. And he might be able to get us an in with the locals."
"Plus he might make for good ablative armor."

Online Now