Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Looking at the PDA, glance up

"Man, this sounds like some good ol' proper shithole! Wouldn't be the first one I've been to, though. Well, 'tleast it has a merc central, so that's good. I say me n' two other proper-lookin' fellers go there n' try n' get some work."

Look at Brom

"You've been some kind o' hired gun, right? You in?"

Just be more quiet this time, for fuck's sake!

Glance at Frank

Yeah, he ain't for this job, spoiled inner-worl'er! Besides, he dun' like me anyway for some reason

Look at Gene, consider him

He ain't bad with that gun o' his... But the bastard just sits 'round n' does nothin' 'till you tell 'em! Need someone with more gusto

Look at Vynkor

She did good back on squid-world, I guess

"Vynk? What 'bout you?"

0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 am
[IC]Vynkor[/IC]
Buck wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 am
"Vynk? What 'bout you?"
"Haha, fukc no. You know how most of the folks stationside aren't human? I'm not going to be seen anywhere near you. I've had my fill of vacuum, thank you very much." I think for a moment. "Actually, locking you might make me look good."
"Well duh, this whole shithole sector is alien. N' this ain't gonna be the first time I'm havin' to brush shoulders with that scum. So long as them disguistin' squids stay the hell away from me n' don't try to do anythin' fishy 'round me, I can try n' pretend they dun' exist, at least for now. 'Cause without my nuke, there ain't much I can do 'bout that problem.

Besides, if some not-squid alien wants to give me tin for killin' other aliens, I can deal with that."

Mostly

Annoyed, turn back to Gene

"Well, what 'bout you? You comin' with us?"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:50 am
He ain't bad with that gun o' his... But the bastard just sits 'round n' does nothin' 'till you tell 'em! Need someone with more gusto
((Hey! I resemble that remark! :ghost:))
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 5:10 am
"Well, what 'bout you? You comin' with us?"
"Aye, why the bloody hell not, Buck. I could use an extra pair of eyes and that gravgun of yours.
While we're at it—Brom, you in? Figure we'd have the greatest chance of survival with your, ehm, diplomatic skills." Try not to roll my eyes as I say this, but if I must, at least do it bloody discreetly.
Last edited by TotallyNotHuman on Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am
"Well, there's ten of us, so maybe two groups of three and a group of four? Then each group can head to one of those three locations, to start off at least."
I nod, liking that idea substantially better than having any teams be a pair. "Good idea, that lets us split up to cover a good bit of ground while hopefully giving everyone enough support to survive."
Dinosawer wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am
Not quite noticing people are grouping up over PDA (why would they do that anyway), I give Caleb a look that tries to say "pick me" but probably more conveys something like constipation or something
As i speak, I notice Saoirse giving me a bizarre look. She looks almost like she's in severe pain and I almost ask if anything's wrong when I realize she might just want to team up. I decide to spare her and just ask her myself.

"You want to team up too, Saoirse?"

Yay!
"I do! We did well together last mission as well."
Then I remember Caleb lost two legs there. Woops.
"Er, er, so Bob wanted to tag along as well if that's ok? He suggested hitting downtown, and I don't really have a preference either way... not exactly experienced in soliciting jobs in shady starports."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

[IC]Frank[/IC]

I have only sent out piece-of-shit nobodies like the advanced REKT crew - who, I might add, have already returned with the goods despite heavy opposition station-side. Our engineers are presently hard at work repairing the warp drives to minimum functionality.

And that brings me to the point. Ready to get to work? Buckle up, dipshits, and welcome to Fuhodo Station. As up to three of you have guessed by now (and I'm being generous with that count), I'm sending you in.
*Grimaces lightly*
No chance I'll get to stay with the engineers here, I guess. And they left an impression already...

All of this means I need to send people ashore to find a variety of high-pay work offers - a group of piece-of-shit nobodies, as previously mentioned. That means you.
Before he can stop himself at that, Frank blurts out.
'So we're going into piracy and mercenary-business now??'
And shuts up again, wincing

*Rest of the briefing*

So he wants us to dress up, get in there and find profitable things for him? And they are already gearing up for a manhunt, as it sounds...

*Looks around worriedly*

Brom and Buck...this sun's going out before I go on this with them...especially when the administration here has connections to the colony

*wince again, remembering that they probably had every reason to try and get back at the Nemesis*

And perhaps even the means to inform them of us...with the suits and helmets they won't be able to give out proper descriptions...but Brom...

*Glances over at Brom with a worried frown*

...doesn't need a physical description
cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:27 pm
I turn towards Frank. "You want to group up, Frank? We worked pretty well together in the sims."
*surprised twitch, turns to Caleb*

'Sorry! I- what? We- sure!'
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Carefully look over the map, and get to know each location available to me.
Put away my PDA, climb onto the table and strike a heroic pose, and put on my best smile.

"This station will be a wonderful place to rebuild my awesome reputation!
Filled with work befitting a master assassin like myself, criminal organizations to dealt with, and of course, my fans!
It will not take me but a moment to adjust to these conditions, and by the time this mission is done news of my return will be spread throughout the local star systems!

Buck, I'd like you by my side for this mission! As disagreeable as you can be, you're an excellent shot!
Vynkor, or Frank, I need one of you as well. After all, we'll need someone to patch up my hapless victims for interrogation!

I'm thinking we'll head down the mercenary and hire ourselves out. With the skills of such a carefully hand-picked team, we'll have an exciting job in no time!
What do you say? Are you with me?!"
Last edited by Hema on Thu May 16, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Look at the map, then talk to nobody in particular.

"Hmmm.....this map looks very detailed. It's a pity no corporations are present here; big companies always have some dirty work for outsiders, if you know whom to ask..."

"I think that Merc central is where the Ninja-spawn gets its work. Such an unholy place; a temple of sin and debauchery. No pirate with any degree of self-respect would go there on his own volition. However, it is a place where work can be found."

Look at Broom the Ninja-spawn. With the voice smooth as silk and sweet as honey, tell

"Mr. Keegan, in my humble opinion, Merc Central is a place you'd totally dominate. Many of the locals surely remember your past exploits, and would gladly help you with whatever you seek to achieve, giving your legendary status"

Well, it was worth a try.

"Me, a humble servant of the Lord, and a Pirate at heart - I would probably try the docks. There are always sailors who need protection and are willing to pay solid gold for it, and there are always pirates who seek for partners, and broken men selling maps that lead to treasure! Anybody wants to go there with me?"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

outlander wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am
"Mr. Keegan, in my humble opinion, Merc Central is a place you'd totally dominate. Many of the locals surely remember your past exploits, and would gladly help you with whatever you seek to achieve, giving your legendary status"
"You sir have a keen eye for greatness! Not that it takes one to see in one such as myself!
If you would like to join me on my pleasant stroll, you are more than welcome to! All you need is ask.

And indeed, the locals will swoon at the mere sight of me! My wish will be their command!
We will take this station by storm, and bring victory to our fair ship and crew!"
Last edited by Hema on Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hema wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:06 am
Vynkor, or Frank, I need one of you as well. After all, we'll need someone to patch up my hapless victims for interrogation!
*Look up to Brom wide-eyed, as he starts posing on the table*

Hell no!

'I- will have to decline that! Other plans already!'

*Hurriedly looks away from Brom*

'What does the mercenary-outfit entail? Do we get helmets or something in case they decide to space the station again??'

The more space I can get between me and the lunatics from last mission, the better!
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:22 am
Hema wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:06 am
'I- will have to decline that! Other plans already!'
"I see you wish to save some of the glory for yourself. Not to worry however, travel with me and you yourself will soon become famous as well!
Of course, it may be best if you serve with someone else. For then you will truly see the fame and glory available to you by being in my group!
You may join up with me on the next mission! I will look forward to leading you!"

Online Now