Return to “Games”

Looking for a replacement for LT

I've been following LT and lurking here for a long time (I missed the Kickstarter deadline by one month), but since LT appears to be canceled, I'm looking to see if any other games are available that share the same features that I was looking forward to in LT. Several games have come close, but none of them have all of the features I wanted. I want a game that:

1: The game allows faction ownership, as per the original Kickstarter stretch goal.

2: Procedurally generates the world. Procedural generation of ships and factions is strongly preferred, but not mandatory. I don't care if the world is infinite so long as I can restart the game using a different seed. I also don't care about non-procedural equipment and trade goods.

3: The game has a 3-dimensional spaceflight model and allows you to pilot many different types of ships.

I've found many games that fit two of the criteria, but none that fit all three. No Man's Sky perfectly fits criterions 2 and 3, but doesn't allow faction ownership. The X series fits criterions 1 and 3, but is set in the same world each game. Space Pirates and Zombies 2 fits criterions 1 and 2, but uses a 2-dimensional flight system. So far, LT was the only game I've found that fit all three of these criteria, but I'm hoping that someone here knows about other games that have the features I want. I'd prefer games that have been released, but I am willing to wait for games that are in development if no currently-released games are available.
Re: Looking for a replacement for LT

The ones I can think of off the top of my head (that fulfill at least 2):

- Reassembly allows 1 and 2, but doesn't have 3: it's a 2d spaceflight model.
- Avorion MAY cover all three, but I'm not sure. I still need to find time to play that. :oops: And I was gifted it for Christmas, too.
- Empyrion covers 2 and 3, but not 1. You're all on your own.

Also, heyaa! Welcome. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Avorion pretty much fits all 3. I've played it for 300-400 hours and enjoy it but I prefer the polished look of the X series more. X3tc is tough to get in to but is huge and very rewarding if you spend the time getting to know it. XRebirth is much easier to play and very rewarding too...loads of release bugs but as of version 4.0 it is a very fun and enjoyable experience. If you've played X3 and XRebirth you can try changing the universe using mods. I've put in 2400+ hours in the X Universe.

Empyrion is now implementing faction gameplay. With different AI factions having a dynamic relationship with the player.
Still very basic, but the game is still evolving and improving.
Spaceflight in singleplayer against the ai is not fun, but on-foot combat did evolve quite a bit recently.

The biggest plus points are the randomly generated world, and the freedom to build bases and vehicles.

-----

X4 technically has a lot of elements that Limit Theory planned. But Egosoft probably needs another year or so to make it really good. It has a bunch of problems still.

Endless Rain wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:17 pm
I've been following LT and lurking here for a long time (I missed the Kickstarter deadline by one month), but since LT appears to be canceled, I'm looking to see if any other games are available that share the same features that I was looking forward to in LT. Several games have come close, but none of them have all of the features I wanted. I want a game that:

1: The game allows faction ownership, as per the original Kickstarter stretch goal.

2: Procedurally generates the world. Procedural generation of ships and factions is strongly preferred, but not mandatory. I don't care if the world is infinite so long as I can restart the game using a different seed. I also don't care about non-procedural equipment and trade goods.

3: The game has a 3-dimensional spaceflight model and allows you to pilot many different types of ships.

I've found many games that fit two of the criteria, but none that fit all three. No Man's Sky perfectly fits criterions 2 and 3, but doesn't allow faction ownership. The X series fits criterions 1 and 3, but is set in the same world each game. Space Pirates and Zombies 2 fits criterions 1 and 2, but uses a 2-dimensional flight system. So far, LT was the only game I've found that fit all three of these criteria, but I'm hoping that someone here knows about other games that have the features I want. I'd prefer games that have been released, but I am willing to wait for games that are in development if no currently-released games are available.
unending galaxy does 1&2, sadly not 3
https://anarkisgaming.itch.io/unending-galaxy
('s a bit like a 2d X game)

Online Now