Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

I get my CASKET started and grip the controls, before throwing my best deathglare at the slowpokes. If they want to die, that's fine by me, but they're not going to compromise my safety to do it.
Or the rest of the ship's—I guess that's important too.
"Lieutenant! What are our priority targets?"
I launch on Cho's mark, and—while evading as much as possible—engage the indicated target(s) with one shot from each of railgun and laser.

As I'm suiting up and taking my equipment/weapons, say to Vynkor and Gene:

"And I thought this trip was gonna be borin'! Them slimy bastards owe me a nuke, n' I ain't forgetting 'bout that just yet! Actually, I owe them one, too, an explodin' one!"

Shout at a nearby engineer:

"Hey, you! Pack me a nuke! I'm turnin' that squid death ship into a pile o' nuclear slime!"

As we're making our ways to our ships:

"Hey... where the hell's Brom n' Frank? They punked out on us or somethin'?"

Board my CASKET and wait for the signal to take off
if I'm not already feeling quite drunk, take another quick swig from the bottle
Take off just a few seconds after most other people, try keeping to the back of whatever formation we take
if I see anything that looks like a fighter/drone/landing pod from a distance
-Try and fry it with the MFM

[incoherent Irish muttering]

I try to figure out (asking around, checking PDA) where the nearest anti-boarding party party or something is. When I find out, I turn to Brom and say
"Allright, let's go and...
...why an iffrean don't you have your gear yet?
Go get it and meet me here" I point at the location of said party.
Then I put on my helmet, seal my suit, turn on the comms and hurriedly crutch out of the battle bridge to meet up with the anti-boarding party party, turning on my helmet lamps when I get in the dark.
On the way there, I angrily Irishly mutter about medics not replying to polite messages but giving Buck a new leg when he tosses a crutch at them.
Given that I have no idea where to go or what to do, I follow their directions.
If we should encounter any enemies and we don't get the order not to fight them (or decided not to), I get into cover and stasis them until there are 2 in stasis or I used my 4 attacks.
Then I use any remaining attacks to fling bolts of lightning at them, trying to knock them out cold if possible. ((she's not extremely averse to killing them, since they're attacking us unprovoked, but still trying not to))

Or, if we encounter an enemy pod still boring through the hull, I try to arc-weld it stuck/shut with my electro amp before they can get in the ship (( equipment page says it can arc weld ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Frank struggles to keep on his feet as a horrible impact sends tremors through the narrow hallways of the maintenance access. The sounds of creaking and tearing metal further behind, beyond of where they came from, drowns out the yells of the fleeing personel. It seems they got lucky already.

Right now, there wasn't much he could do aside from running. He had no information, no destination and no nerves left.

Heck, he didn't even know where his battle station was exactly, he'd have to contact someone before long, hopefully before he ran into anything hostile or...

Follow the remaining engineers, they know the way better.
As soon as they reach a reasonably safe place, put down the supplies, take a deep breath to get rid of the worst shakes and contact Caleb via PDA
"I was kept down in engineering. What's happening, where should I go?"

Repair duty certainly sounded better than direct fighting...and perhaps they wouldn't bother shooting at a breach again...?

Get to the armory for equipment, better safe than sorry
Suit up and move to Caleb
Follow instructions from the terminator Danald.
Last edited by F4wk35 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 am
"I was kept down in engineering. What's happening, where should I go?"
As I'm readying myself, I notice my PDA going off. I quickly glance at it and see Frank's message. I send him my location, writing back, "Get over here, we're putting together a team to head up to C-14 to patch a hull breach, we could use the help."

I then turn to Danald and call out. "Hey, I think we've got another guy coming, name's Frank. He's good people!

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:39 pm
[incoherent Irish muttering
I try to figure out (asking around, checking PDA) where the nearest anti-boarding party party or something is. When I find out, I turn to Brom and say
"Allright, let's go and...
...why an iffrean don't you have your gear yet?
Go get it and meet me here" I point at the location of said party.
Turn to Saoirse
"Greetings Saoirse!
Couldn't wait to be back in my presence could you? Haha, yes, being around me will do that to people.
I of course came here to boost the morale of the bridge crew! Couldn't have then trembling while we're attacked.
Since you need me elsewhere, I'll go and fetch my equipment. Try to hang back until I get there. I can't protect you until then!"

Get up and run to the armory, and upon arrival announce myself to the man in charge.
"Mr. Hoffman! I, Brom Keegan unmatched marksman and hero have returned!
No time for chit-chat now! I require the gear I had on my last mission.
If the enemy attempts to board our ship, they're going to get more than they bargained for!
I will send them running for the hills as only the great Brom Keegan can!"

After I've been provided my gear, run to meet up with the anti-boarding squad that Saoirse indicated
Once I'm properly set up, call out to those around me.
"Listen up everyone! I am Brom Keegan! Master assassin, legendary hero and acclaimed teacher! So long as I'm here we can hold the enemy off!
They made a serious mistake by attacking our ship, and if they so much as think about boarding it, we will make them rue the day they were born!
Now who's with me?!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now