Return to “Games”

Re: X4: Foundations - Continuation of the X Universe

found a Xenon shipyard.
it erupted into a hundred defense drones when i got close, it was awesome :D

theres also battles going on that feel like battles, xenon pouring out of the respective jumpgates, defense fleets clumping around the gates, fleets doing actual incursions into xenon space...
feels a lot more alive than the older games

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:43 am
I passed on pre-ordering when I found out there was no boxed collector's edition. I'll wait until Egosoft has a rethink about this decision. :angel:
I think thats related to Egosoft publishing the game by themselves, without a large publisher.
They probably cant pull off the logistics required to make and ship physical boxes.

(I wonder what would be included in the box, a Bernd Lehan action figure?)

Damocles wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:36 am
I think thats related to Egosoft publishing the game by themselves, without a large publisher.
They probably cant pull off the logistics required to make and ship physical boxes.

(I wonder what would be included in the box, a Bernd Lehan action figure?)
my XR box has posters and an artbook

Victor Tombs wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:25 am
After the major disappointment of Egosoft deciding not to release a boxed version of X4: Foundations I finally decided to relent and purchase the digital deluxe version. With all the bells and whistles it proved to be a tad more expensive than I anticipated but it does include some future DLC releases as part of the package. :D

Maybe I'll get to play it in the not too distant future. :lol: :angel:
The envy!
Victor, you get disappointed because a game does not have a box for collectors, rather than being not an actual good game :?
Wish I could be like you, really... letting bad things slide off my surface without affecting me much.

I have yet to find my Zen.

fox wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 am
The envy!
Victor, you get disappointed because a game does not have a box for collectors, rather than being not an actual good game :?
Wish I could be like you, really... letting bad things slide off my surface without affecting me much.

I have yet to find my Zen.
i found it to be a pretty okay game, especially compared to XR. what's your problem with it?

The development has had its (usual) share of quality assurance issues.
The where problems popping up all over the place. Something normal testing should have found easily.
It feels like they hack in a feature, and then hope for the best. (cowboy programming I would call that)

Also moving to Vulkan does not seem to be the right time. Its not that X4 is fighting at the forefront of visual quality, so why getting into a still maturing technologie.

On the positive side: they are known to keep on working for a long time on their products.

Online Now