Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Conference Room

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Cha0zz wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:37 pm
Does good food mean chicken?
Bob-boss only agree for real chicken.
And ice cream.
If you can give bob ice cream bob has your back!
*smile and extend a hand*
"Normal food should definitely have chicken, I think. Not sure of ice cream. Probably as well? If not, we can look around if they sell any on the station, ok?"
I take Bob's giant hand and shake it with a smile.
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:41 pm
"Sounds about right to me, Saoirse. I suppose we are in agreement, then?"
"Unless the others have other ideas?"
I look at Vynkor, Frank, Sukava, Brom and Ishmael, who have not shared their thoughts yet.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Something catches my eye on the PDA. I remember some of my old clients had, apart from the standard limb prostheses, more subtle modifications. Despite my best efforts, I could never quite figure out whence they had gotten them—at least not before the authorities did. But there's a full catalog he—
Saoirse (Dinosawer) wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:58 pm
"Huh? Uh, it sounds good to me, I guess."
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I believe it would be beneficial to lend out support to engineering!
Nobody will take us seriously if we're flying around in a scrap heap like this.
Think about it. With their help we can have a ship befitting that of a legend!
When we fly in, people will take notice.
They will look upon our magnificent vessel, and be awestruck by its beauty!
We'll be somebody of importance to them. A ray of hope wherever we go.

Should we neglect engineering however, we will be a laughing stock.
Shop owners will shutter their windows and lock their doors at our approach.
We'll be seen as mere beggars, and people will avoid contact with us.
In our current predicament, this is unacceptable. We must bolster engineering.

I would also suggest putting some work into repairing the comm systems.
Our weapons, shields and hull are in no shape for us to be fighting.
This leaves us with communication to avoid conflict.
Fortunately, we already have a master negotiator among us.
With me here, we won't have to fight, as those we encounter will gladly bend to our will!
Our enemies will lay down their arms at our approach, and some may even request an alliance.

Further still, I believe that warp-capability will aid us immensely!
In order to increase productivity, we must have access to more resources, and there are only so many we can obtain from this system.
No, we must have the ability to go elsewhere. With warp engines, we can spread out fame far and wide!

Finally I believe it wise for us to rebuild our sensors.
After all, what good are comm systems if we can't see who's around?
Surely we will not risk sacrificing our ship to learn of the enemy's location!
With minimal sensors, comm systems and yours truly handling negotiations, we can keep the ship and its crew happy and alive!

These are the suggestions of the famed Brom Keegan!
Please give them careful consideration."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm
"I believe it would be beneficial to lend out support to engineering!
Nobody will take us seriously if we're flying around in a scrap heap like this.
Think about it. With their help we can have a ship befitting that of a legend!
When we fly in, people will take notice.
They will look upon our magnificent vessel, and be awestruck by its beauty!
We'll be somebody of importance to them. A ray of hope wherever we go.

Should we neglect engineering however, we will be a laughing stock.
Shop owners will shutter their windows and lock their doors at our approach.
We'll be seen as mere beggars, and people will avoid contact with us.
In our current predicament, this is unacceptable. We must bolster engineering.

I would also suggest putting some work into repairing the comm systems.
Our weapons, shields and hull are in no shape for us to be fighting.
This leaves us with communication to avoid conflict.
Fortunately, we already have a master negotiator among us.
With me here, we won't have to fight, as those we encounter will gladly bend to our will!
Our enemies will lay down their arms at our approach, and some may even request an alliance.

Further still, I believe that warp-capability will aid us immensely!
In order to increase productivity, we must have access to more resources, and there are only so many we can obtain from this system.
No, we must have the ability to go elsewhere. With warp engines, we can spread out fame far and wide!

Finally I believe it wise for us to rebuild our sensors.
After all, what good are comm systems if we can't see who's around?
Surely we will not risk sacrificing our ship to learn of the enemy's location!
With minimal sensors, comm systems and yours truly handling negotiations, we can keep the ship and its crew happy and alive!

These are the suggestions of the famed Brom Keegan!
Please give them careful consideration."
"Comms system? If they ain't willin' to negotiate up-close n' personal, they're up to no good anyway! Ya know what a pretty-lookin' scrap heap with no guns is called? Pirate booty! We ain't in the inner-worlds where you can just flash yer crap 'round n' not have the guns to protect it. Ya think the next crafty bandit or alien death ship we run into will give a shit whether we have good comms or not? Havin' a cool paintjob n' fancy comms ain't gonna do us no good on it's own. We can get that crap later, we dun' need to talk with no one in-system right now anyway. Guns, engines, sensors n'.... n' whatever the hell that last thing we've decided on is are way more important!"

((To prevent confusion: when my character says 'engines', he actually means warp drive))

Hema wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:54 pm
HAM
Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten used to Brom yet. I stare at him a moment before I'm able to respond, struck speechless by how amazingly full of himself he is. If we had Brom talk to our enemies, they'd either want to murder us more or perhaps kill themselves to escape the horror, I'm not sure which. I keep this to myself though.

"I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Buck. We need to focus on critical repairs and combat capability. Given that everyone in the system probably hates our guts, I doubt that even your formidible-" I have to fight the maddening urge to roll my eyes- "negotiation skills will be able to make much of a dent. Repairing the main guns gives us the ability to hopefully hold our own in a fight. And honestly, I'm less worried about our ship's looks and more about it's actual functionality. We're flying to a station that is considered run-down in a backwater system in the middle of nowhere, I'd be surprised if the station itself isn't basically a scrapheap."

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:11 pm

"Guns, engines, sensors n'.... n' whatever the hell that last thing we've decided on is are way more important!"
I mumble
"revitalisation equipment"
but stay quiet for the rest, already having said what I thought.

In the meantime, I check the starmap SCAMPS just gave us for just how far away we are from home...
(( if that's something I can do? Maybe it just shows the local cluster of course... ))

[IC]Frank[/IC]

Frank goes through the provided lists slowly, but with a deep frown. The people around engaged in lively discussion.
But some more considerations have to be made, he thinks...
Saoirse wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:58 pm
I look at Vynkor, Frank, Sukava, Brom and Ishmael, who have not shared their thoughts yet.
Upon having his name called out, he looks up, throwing a slightly surprised glance in Saoirse's direction.

"Uh...I actually do agree with your points, Saoirse...but...the main weapons, the med-bay, warp, sensors and comms...those all take energy, no? I mean...we have low power already. Everyone asks for more, which the ship apparently can't provide...SCAMPS said so too, when he woke us up...that they barely had enough power to wake us up safely, with not much left for further reinforcements, no?"

*Throws a glance at the ceiling/SCAMPS' portrait*

((I'll be away over the weekend, without internet. So as much as I'd like to go in-detail and in discussions...can't do until sunday afternoon :/ ))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

(( Our proposal is medbay, guns, sensors and warp core, actually. I have to ask Tal a few things before I can answer that question, but I think warp core uses the same power as the main engines and the revitalization equipment from the medbay and guns the same as the point defense, all of which already work. Not sure about the sensors. But I have to check with Tal if I'm understanding this correctly... ))

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
"Hmmm..."
I check the info on my PDA again.
(( i.e. I asked Tal ;) ))
"If I read the technical information here correctly, power draw should not be a severe issue unless we get in an actual combat situation, when the increased power needs for dodging, targeting, firing and so on would exceed our current power production. Additionally, the revitalisation bay uses the power from the medbay, the warp core from the engines, weapons the same as the point defence if I read these schematics correctly? And those already get enough power now so the only thing that would add to our power draw are the sensors, since we don't have any at the moment, but those don't need to much to run. And when we get into actual combat we can turn those off if worst comes to worst... So I think we'll be fine. ish. For now. We should definitely upgrade the reactor very soon after though, no disagreement about that."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It seems that most people here are not able to think straight...misguided children on their first pirate run! I should perhaps remedy that.

Give an encouraging look at Saoirse.

"Saoirse, esteemed warrior, you speak with wisdom not often found in people as young as you. Don't let the poor judgement of others cloud your own, but do listen to the hearty advice."

Look at Buck and the ninja-spawn with disapproval.

"Some of you say we need cannons. My dear friends, who doesn't love a full broadside, smashin' the enemy into tiny bits and sendin' him to the briny deep?"

Make a dramatic pause.

"I don't. Yes, friends, I don't. There's no glory in destruction. A true pirate would board and loot, and capture the enemy vessel and bring it back to port and sell it for gold!"

Make another dramatic pause.

"You say we have no weapons - but that's not true! We are the weapons here - all of us, and our ships. We might not get to destory a carrier single-handedly, but alas! - if we see a carrier, we RUN."

Make a pause, let it sink in.

"But, if we see a boat for the takin' - I say we board her!"

"Now, with that out of the way, repairin' our ship. She has seen hard times, poor lady. But we'll patch her up."

"I think that patching the holes in the hull should take priority. The ship is not a colander, it won't float by His Divine Will alone!. Next, the sensors. We must be on the look-out. A ship with an empty crow's nest might as well be no ship at all! We see the enemy we can't take on, we run. If someone can't take a hit to their pride, he stays and fights alone."

Look at ninja-spawn with disapproval again.

"Next, the carpenters! Engineering is a mess, but we rely on them to keep this boat runnin'. We should give them some love."

"I think warp core should be upgraded. The faster we sail, the better we drop on unsuspectin' merchants, and the faster we run from enemy galleons!"

"Then, we can take a breather and see what to do next. Keep the ship afloat. Keep repairs goin'. Keep eyes peeled, and sails a-boomin!"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

[IC]Saoirse[/IC]
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:35 am
In the meantime, I check the starmap SCAMPS just gave us for just how far away we are from home...
Ifreann naofa... fifteen thousand lightyear... Well, it's not the other end of the galaxy, but even if we upgrade the warp core all the way that's still more than 2 weeks of travel in a way we likely wouldn't go...
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm
YOHO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM
"Hm? Ah, er, t-thanks!"
He's pretty odd, but can't say he isn't nice...
"I agree on engineering instead of weapons, as said, but..."
I give a look towards Buck, Caleb and Gene.
"I personally picked the revitalisation bay over the hull, because the hull will still be relatively fine if we patch it next month instead of now. There's some areas we can't use, but the ship is spaceworthy and there are no air leaks or anything. Whereas any crew we would lose is very hard to replace. It's not like we can just dock with the station and hire a bunch of Hiltorel engineers... hence me thinking it's probably best to get the revitalisation equipment up and running first chance we get."

Online Now