Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:42 am
Nice work Tal! :D

Also, I want to remind people that Brom, Caleb, Frank and Vynkor all have 3 GK attempts to use.
Thanks for the reminder, I'm still aware of it. ;)
I just wanted to wait with that until I had time to check the armory for Frank's sword and perhaps get some info about those buttons.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

More bloopers! I must paste them here because I cannot put them in the real thread.

  Frank is thoroughly stressed. Not even missions are this bad. He'd gladly fight off two - no, three - no, four or five, maybe even six Supermega Alphadrakes than have to make this decision. Sweat trickles down his cheeks. He crushes the ration bar in his slippery hand. He wipes his forehead with a sleeve; it comes away sopping. So much pressure, he thinks. No! I will not be defeated so easily! He grits his teeth with determination. I must... find... a chair...!!!!
  Frank plants his feet firmly on the ground in a battle stance and raises his voice as loud as it will go. "SUPER CHAIR-FINDING POWER ATTACK OF THE WINDING DRAGON!" he cries heroically. "SAKURA BAKA DESU MITSUBISHI SUBARUUUUUUU!"
  The room stares awkwardly as he makes a running leap for the chair beside Caleb - only to trip over Saoirse's. "NOOOOOOO!" he shouts. "IT CANNOT BE! I have been........ defeated~~~~~"

Debriefing post is up!
There'll be a lot more to it than this, I'm only just getting started! We have a lot of ground to cover. Ask questions at your characters' leisure! (or just yell angrily at SCAMPS, that's fine too)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Re: REKT: The Conference Room

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:19 am
(( Also, I'm genuinely confused how SCAMPS didn't know about this by now - we said it out loud so he can hear it on the mission videos, and we spent several turns puttering around looking for and retrieving that box ))
((He got bored and wasn't really paying attention, until the anomaly showed up—and when it went away, he was too frustrated to pay attention anyway. :ghost: ))

((SCAMPS is single-core at the moment, so he can't fully analyze all the details of every inmate's video - equivalent to about 10 hours of cam time, and double that if you count video from CASKET feeds as well. He would have skimmed and focused on the important parts. While he would certainly know about the box, it's quite reasonable that he wouldn't understand its significance; it's not like you were talking about the captain the whole time.))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Dinosawer wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 am
(( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Allright then, if he managed to skip the part where we captured Aloka in all 5 of our videos
We should probably get him upgraded then if he does stuff like that :ghost: ))
((More likely, he skipped over it as the banter of "asswipe inmates". If you remember, the great majority of people that get sent to Tartarus Inc. are liars, thieves, and psychopaths. Why should he trust a single word from unproven, untrusted rookies like your characters?))

((It just means you're good at confusing the captain with other, more nefarious people, and thus even stupider and more untrustworthy than SCAMPS thought you were already. Alternatively, you're smarter than that and in league with the mole and OWL, which explains why those in Beta intentionally spared the lives of as many hiltorel as they could.))

(( Well, no, it clearly indicates someone from the crew asked us to retrieve that box, and that someone must've known of its location, looks and existence, and had the authorisation to send Caleb creds, and have other crew retrieve the box from our CASKETs. Why would we lie about who asked us? ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

((As the mole proved by rigging the destruction of the nacelle, getting to the box and marking it for removal is a very simple task, even if removing it is not (Bob did find it quite heavy and cumbersome). Authorization to send creds - anyone in the crew can do that - it's just usually marked with a name or ID. Other crew retrieve from CASKETs - could have been something related to the mole as well, could it not have? It doesn't make sense that they'd be working purely alone as a low-ranking mechanic or some such (we've established they're not already anyway). And why would you lie? See above.

Guilty until proven innocent, and out an airlock the second you're found guilty. The "judicial system" here is not on your side.

Also, you're doing it again, Dino. :P ))

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:58 am
Also, you're doing it again, Dino. :P ))
(( Ok my tone in my second post was not nice, but I don't think I am. If you still think so tomorrow, we can have a chat about it when it's not 4 AM for you.
Also, FTR, I wrote that last response before you added the second half to your post via edit ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

My top areas for repairs to the Nemesis after Fuhodo (these are absolutely and completely open to negotiation :3) would probably be:

MEDBAY: get revitalization equipment to allow revival of dead PCs (Std Construction Mats)
WEAPONS: PDCs restored to allow for better defense (Std Construction Mats)
COMMS: Upgrade to 100km range to hopefully permit comms with Nemesis next mission (Std Construction Mats)
SENSORS: get basic functionality again to allow for attack warning (Cheap Construction Mats)

And probably 2 months or so of food to allow for interstellar travel or a buffer in case of extended operation

Total this would run about 305 Hi-plat, so not quite running us out of money :V

Online Now