Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

Brenna wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:30 pm
"Here," she commands simply. "Drink."
Frank averts his eyes from Brenna, scanning around the mess-hall frantically.
Hands trembling enough to have the mediwater make slight splashing sounds.

"C- Can..."
He tries to take a deep breath, though it ends up more like a rasping gasp.

She's just trying to be nice! She's worried! Not trying to keep me needlessly!

Freezing up for just a few seconds, before shaking himself violently.

"Can we p-pleas-" Not talk about this? Please, just distract me!

Trying to calm down while his thoughts were still in turmoil...a futile effort.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:27 am
Dia maith bualadh craicinn tá sé dúr mar sin níl aon phointe ag argóint leis
"I didn't make that up, SCAMPS told us about the Outer World League, but clearly you weren't listening.
And mind control doesn't work on a psionic - maybe you should watch an actual documentary so you would know that."
"Yes it does! You can't prove that it doesn't! And besides, it's not like you're one of them psychic people, so I dun see what you're tryin' to prove anyway. You're just desperately graspin' at straw at this point since you know you're wrong! It's obvious there's no point in arguin' with ya, you'll just keep lyin' n' makin' shit up, but I ain't havin' none of it! On my homeworld, we have this sayin'... somethin' 'bout pearls n' swine. I dun remember exactly what it was, but somethin' 'bout the smarter person leavin' the debate first. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do!"

Turn around and head towards the canteen, proud of verbally destroying Saoirse (or at least, thinking that I did)
Once I arrive at the canteen, order a bucket of fried chicken and some alcohol (whiskey preferred)
if they have alcohol
-Sit down next to Frank, start drinking and happily brag about how I just won a debate against Saoirse. When retelling the story, completely dumb down and misrepresent her points and in general portray her in a negative light (Things like "She literally said that us fightin' for our freedom from squid slavery is equally as evil as squids terrorisin' the galaxy for tens of thousands o' years! Can you believe that shit?")
if they don't have alcohol
-"Oh come on, this is fuckin' bullshit! It's like everythin's tryin'a piss me off on this god-forsaken ship! I go out there and fight them monsters and what do I get in return!? Nothin'!"
-Sit down next to Frank and go on a long-winded rant about the lack of drinks, the lack of fried chicken, my stolen nuke, Saoirse and squids
-if Frank punches me (or tries to punch me and I notice)
--Pause, look at him confusedly, say "Man, why's everyone give such a shit 'bout these squids!? Helloooo, they're squids, for fukc's sake! They had it comin', ain't like we had another choice but to kill 'em all! I don't get why everyone's tryin' to be all so politically correct all of a sudden!"
--if Frank doesn't seem like he's going to attack me again, simply continue my rant
-After venting for a bit, calm down and say "At least I know where I can get some booze... it ain't gonna be as good as Arskoshan whiskey, but it's better than nothin', I guess. Ya know, you really look like you could use some, I might leave some in the bottle for you too!"
-Head for the labs
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:55 am
(( apparently making stasis bubbles and throwing lightning bolts wasn't enough of a hint? :ghost: ))
(( My character didn't actually see you cast lightning bolts AFAIK, and he probably doesn't remember the bubbles since he only heard second hand from you over radio chatter that you made them. And even if he did, he makes a distinction between a 'psychic' and a 'wizard' ))

(( He's in for one hell of a surprise next mission then :lol: and, what's the difference? Mind control rolls against PSI, which PSI users necessarily have ))
I surpress the urge to shout something after Buck, and mutter a few choice Irish curses under my breath.

Once I feel slightly less angry, I turn back to Cho
Errrrr...sorry about that..."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 am
(( He's in for one hell of a surprise next mission then :lol: and, what's the difference? Mind control rolls against PSI, which PSI users necessarily have ))
((There's no difference in actuality, of course. I know that, but my character thinks psychic = can predict the future and talk to ghosts, while wizard = can throw fireballs and lift stuff up with the motion of a hand [in other words, more flashy stuff].))

"Thank you very much, young man; I shall seek her out immediately. Please know that if you ever need my help, I shall be there for you. A true priest never abandons his flock - especially the Believers of the True Faith. In both times of hardship and in times of joy, I shall always be ready to serve our Lord - please, make that known to others, even if in passing, Esteemed .... I...I am afraid I haven't caught your name ...?."

Wait for the young man to introduce himself, then thank him again and bless him, wishing that his soul never strays from the path, and that his ale mug never goes dry. Wish him good-bye and go searching for Mara.

Once found, remember her as the engineer girl from the hangar from before-the-mission. Greet her, and ask whether she has a moment to discuss a very simple custom weapon design for my ship.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:15 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:04 am
((There's no difference in actuality, of course. I know that, but my character thinks psychic = can predict the future and talk to ghosts, while wizard = can throw fireballs and lift stuff up with the motion of a hand [in other words, more flashy stuff].))
(( Ah, fair :D I'm going to assume in the rest of the universe outside of Buck's head 'psionic' is the term people use for people who use PSI gear, though, hence her using that word :) ))

Well damn. Here I was all excited to get real legs again. Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait.

Pretty sure Cho was trying to talk to me earlier, maybe I should head over there now that I'm not getting legs...

I hobble over towards the little group near Cho and introduce myself.

"Sorry about earlier, I was trying to get some actual legs instead of these hunks of junk!" I gesture down at the flimsy legs I currently sport. "Thanks for putting in a good word for me when I was trying to get back in, I do appreciate you doing what you can for us." I smile gratefully as I place a hand on her shoulder and squeeze a bit, almost losing my balance due to my new legs. I hardly notice, however- she's too nice for me to notice such trifles!
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cuisinart8 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:09 am
"Sorry about earlier, I was trying to get some actual legs instead of these hunks of junk!"
My smile at seeing Caleb turns into a somewhat offended expression.
I ask Cho
"Hey er, do you reckon it would be okay if I went to the observation deck? I won't be a bother, I'd just like to watch outside - haven't been in space since I was 7."
After hearing the answer I thank her and I hobble off on my crutches, pointedly letting my metal foot clank on the floor.

If Cho said it's not OK I head straight to the cantina, otherwise I head up to the observation deck, and stare raptly at space and Nanyej for a while, until I feel serene again. (staying out of people's way and being quiet)
After that, if Cho is there I wave her bye and thank her, and then hobble down to the cantina.
In the cantina, I give Brenna a friendly hello and ask for a vegetarian ration and some mediwater.
Then I look around for somewhere to sit...if I notice Frank, I stand still, not sure what to do...
"Errr, is - is everything a-allright?"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

*Laugh heartily*
“The name is Keegan, actually. I was however the biggest thing going on there at the time of my residency, so you may call me Ermhelm if you wish, and I will take it as a compliment.
Thank your for your advice, Mr. Brantley; your kindness will not be forgotten! Perhaps we shall meet again in the near future; preferably when I'm less busy. I can tell you about my past exploits! Until such a time presents itself, farewell, and good luck!”

March over to Meredith and introduce myself.

"Greetings, Madam!
I am Brom Keegan: the legendary hero of Ermhelm!
You have the appearance of one who is under a good deal stress; perhaps I could help.
I don't mean to brag, but I am rather intelligent, and quite strong! Is there anything you have that needs doing?"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Frank slumps back in self-defeat.
Something hadto be done, running away didn't work...and Brenna wouldn't let him distract himself...She was a nice person like that.

"I-"
He has to put in visible effort not to jump up and run off.

"I- I a- was a janitor! A normal citizen! A follower of the great dust bunny, and not even a devout one!"
Frank starts fidgeting, getting restless. Stalling for time with his talking, keeping the memories of the mission away yet. Though he's stuttering...

"I got roped into so- some shady business! I admit I- I should be in prison! I-"
He tries to keep back a distressed gasp. Everything started going wrong all those years ago...

"I'm not made for this!" He cries out, clutching the ration, kneading it without noticing.
With a hopeless voice, he continues

"Th- The mission- It was them or us! We had to take it away! They fought for their colony! For their civilians! For the one thing they needed to survive in that place! I used tranquilizers. I wanted not to kill someone I could look into the face while I shot them! I couldn't! Even when the others killed around me, I didn't care! I wanted to run, to just stop! I thought about just running away a few times!"
The mediwater and the ration had fallen to the ground, forgotten.
"They were fighting desperately. We were fighting desperately...or at least those maniacs did. I was scared! I didn't want to die! They surrounde- they had those monsters! Brom was down and didn't answer anymore, everyone was wounded! It was there, it- i- I didn't want to die! I knew I was about to die!"

Re-living the memory, Frank slumps back even further before whispering.
"I snapped..."
He twitches once, what color remained in his face draining as he continues like before.

"I- I think I- snapped. Right then I- I wanted only to kill them. The monsters. The Hiltorel. I was beyond furious. I- I would've slaughtered my way through their families at that moment. I'm no- I wasn't like this! I feel like I'm going to die from fear! But I know there's this rage! I- I want to just stop! I- I can't-"
He stops with a choking sound, staring straight ahead with an empty look in his eyes.

If Buck appears and sits down
-stop cold talking, freezing up
-When he starts talking, bragging or complaining
--slowly turn around to him, giving him a wide-eyed look, slightly shaking
--As he continues to talk (maniacal blabbering for Frank...), lunge for Buck and punch him in the face with all power Frank has to offer.
--Yell at him. "Stop blabbering, you fool! What do you know of them! What do you know of this colony! This should've never happened this way! It should've never gone this far! We shou-!"
--Stop cold again, collapse and scramble away from him, trembling, trying to keep himself from lunging at buck again.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now