Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT ARMORY (for purchases + statting)

Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am
Buck got some decent rolls, but in an interesting twist managed to roll higher (due to my bonus/penalty tweaks) for learning "Common hiltorel military equipment". As a result, he may think he understands mind control, but he doesn't really.
Great! Once the month or so that it takes me to learn this (in-game, of course), could I make some kind of short primer about squid weapons and mind control and send it to the rest of Alpha/Beta? Mainly to showcase my new, vast, knowledge, of course. I'd actually write it up, so you can have a future reference for what my character, uh, 'learned' :)

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am
Well, we get to keep our PDA on the Nemesis and you can use those to send messages to each other, so I assume so
By then Saoirse should've learned enough about the mind control amps to shake her head at your message :ghost:
I just wanted to make it clear that I'm not trying to do this to actually give the knowledge to other characters, mechanically speaking. I mean, the basic gist of what Tal told me would still be in it, but as you can imagine, it wouldn't sound very legitimate (and indeed, a lot of it wouldn't be). Hence why I said I'd actually write the contents up.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:30 am
Talvieno wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am
Buck got some decent rolls, but in an interesting twist managed to roll higher (due to my bonus/penalty tweaks) for learning "Common hiltorel military equipment". As a result, he may think he understands mind control, but he doesn't really.
Great! Once the month or so that it takes me to learn this (in-game, of course), could I make some kind of short primer about squid weapons and mind control and send it to the rest of Alpha/Beta? Mainly to showcase my new, vast, knowledge, of course. I'd actually write it up, so you can have a future reference for what my character, uh, 'learned' :)
I thought I replied to this earlier but it turns out I was mistaken. It turns out I forgot to hit "submit"! Basically, yeah, that's a great idea and you seem to already understand you can't transfer non-common knowledge. No issues here!
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Did everything but the sword, because I need Tal to weigh in on that -
a) if you get it back
b) if it's a sword or a longsword and
c) if it's actually even a real equivalent to a sword (here thinking of the description saying it had a bunch of buttons on it that Frank didn't know what they did)
It's a regular old sword, but there's a number of buttons on the handle you can't make heads or tails of. It's a pretty wide handle, actually - you wonder if it's more than just a sword.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now