Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT ARMORY (for purchases + statting)

Ascending!
Name: Brom Keegan
Stats:
  Energy: 2
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 1 (+1)
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 1 (+1)
  Robotics: -1
  Engines: 0
Skills:
  Charisma: 1 (+1)
  Intuition: 0
  Handiwork: 0
  Conventional: 2
  Unconventional: 0
  Exotics: -2
  General Knowledge: -1
  Auxiliary: 0
This will leave me with 0 stat points, and 500 skill points.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Dino has pointed out a mistake in my stats, so I'd like to change them again.
I'll have a point put into durability instead of PSI unit.
Stats:
  Durability: 1 (+1)
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 0
  Robotics: -1
Skills:
  Charisma: 1 (+1)
  Handiwork: 0
  Conventional: 2
  General Knowledge: -1
Breaker of fortune cookies

Sorry I'm late, yesterday was a bit busy.

Statting comes...now. Purchases will be extra once I went through the armory.

Name: Frank Foster

Stats:
  Energy: -1
  Hacking: 1
  Computer: 1
  PSI Unit: -1
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 0 (+1)
Skills:
  Charisma: 1
  Intuition: 1 (+2)
  Handiwork: 1
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 1
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: -1

Purchases:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Had a better idea...statting engines instead of energy for Stealth-increase

Name: Frank Foster

Stats:
  Energy: -1
  Computer: 1
  PSI Unit: -1
  Robotics: 0
  Engines: 0 (+1)
Skills:
  Intuition: 1 (+2)
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 1
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: -1

Purchases:
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

GK rolls for Saoirse and Buck:
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 am
I guess this is also the place for GK rolls?

I would like to use my freshy levelled GK for, in order from want most to want least:

-Astrophysics - as we discussed in the ‘little questions’ thread
Though, I would argue the basics of 'planetary formation processes' which you put under geology in your examples falls under this (because I saw it at uni :ghost: )
BG justification: she’s been dreaming of getting in a spaceship and flying away since she was little, though originally mostly a form of escapism. Has so far mostly resulted in liking to look at pretty photos of space rather than study, but maybe it’s the moment to change that now she’s in space…

-Learn about Tartarus PSI and exotic tech (inner workings, how are they built, common and less obvious ways of application etc) - Mostly for RP reasons, Saoirse absolutely would want to know this (due to her background she already knows how the basic ones work since she used to design them, but Tartarus stuff is bound to be leagues better). Practical upshot is a validation for the creative/harebrained schemes I tend to come up with, I guess? (see: trying to blow up plasma rifles from a distance, gravity leap, grand theft spaceship with electro amp, etc) Idunno, this one's more for RP reasons than usability

-Musical tradition of local (alien) cultures once we reach Huhoba station (traditional instruments and songs etc) so I can annoy the Hiltorel and co. by playing their songs on my bagpipes too. Unlikely to come up, but I’m likely to make it come up :ghost: Given that fact I’d like to learn it about more than just 1 culture, though. Just for fun, given that this is the ‘least likely to succeed’ slot :)
Saoirse can learn astrophysics and Tartarus PSI/Exotic tech. She got fairly lucky with rolls. Not bad at all.
Tartarus PSI/Exotic tech uses combinations of careful blink technology applications with smaller, weaker versions of ship-based field manipulators. The PSI Pack contains the ability to work all of these, but is 60-70% a giant battery: using anomalous materials properly, and especially blink tech, takes a lot of power. The rest of it is a standard blink-setup field manipulator for projecting different phenomena at range. It uses "blink" technology (sort of like teleportation, but it just makes things "appear" elsewhere by "changing the 'output location'" through what is essentially a subspace warp - so it's not the same thing as the ship-based blink teleporter.

When inducted into REKT, Tartarus inmates have standard PSI connector equipment installed surgically into their heads. This equates to a series of "jacks" on the back of the neck (hooking into the spine) and the lower half of the back of the head. From these, special wires and circuitry are applied directly into the brain, connecting to key locations. These processors are charged by linkups to PSI equipment: when they are needed, they have power. Unfortunately learning to provide the correct output to control the blink teleporter is not perfected, and everyone's brains are different. Some minds are better at handling the one-size-fits-all PSI equipment than others, and typically those with stronger willpower find it easier to master it - but not always.

Tartarus Inc.'s PSI equipment is cutting-edge. That in the rest of the galaxy - for example the rimworlds - usually functions in a less-invasive manner, utilizing some basic EEG sensors to detect movement in different areas. This is considerably more crude, but has the advantage that skill is much more based on practice than willpower. It has the disadvantage that it can be considerably less accurate for a beginner - and occasionally, even for experts.

Saoirse will now all the different PSI stuff - the stuff listed here, and more.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:27 am
If it's the place for GK rolls, I'll put down mine too:

1. How to recognize and resist mind control (especially squid mind control). Mind control = any PSI attacks involving my mind (accessing my memories, trying to control me, etc.). Methods of learning this: movies, conspiracy websites (if such a thing as a 'website' exists in the REKT universe), perhaps a few genuinely legitimate resources (but my character wouldn't know they're any more valid than the rest), pestering "them scientists down at the labs, them nerds probably know this crap", if I find out there's any other 'wizards' on the ship (Ishmael, Saoirse), cautiously ask them for some information too.

2. Common squid military equipment. What kinds of weapons do the regular mooks use, what do the elite ones use, what kind of nasty superweapons does the evil hive overmind have at it's disposal (note: the GK roll should be for the first two, the last one Tal can make something up - or I can, of course). Methods of learning this: movies, of course. When I see a new weapon, take a picture with the PDA and mark it down with some name (e.g. "Purple death ray shooter"). Make a note of which weapons are the most common, if the squids obviously have some kind of preference when it comes to the type of weapon, etc.

3. Try and find out if there's any cool tricks I can do with the gravgun. Methods of learning: pestering the scientists, looking up the gravgun schematic (or the closest that comes to that) and trying to find something out based on that. Note: tricks don't necessarily have to be intended - dangerous, completely unintended 'tricks' are just as valid.

EDIT: Additionally, I've decided to upgrade my charisma by 1. Honestly, I know it won't be terribly useful (especially since my character isn't exactly the diplomatic type), but similar to my Willpower upgrade, it's more for RP purposes than practical benefit. Sorry for making you update my profile twice, and hope it isn't too late!
Buck got some decent rolls, but in an interesting twist managed to roll higher (due to my bonus/penalty tweaks) for learning "Common hiltorel military equipment". As a result, he may think he understands mind control, but he doesn't really.
Hiltorel, having weaker arms, are terrible with weapon recoil and generally try to carry only recoilless ranged weapons. They are quite agile, though - especially in low gravity - and do quite well with blades. There have always been bladed martial arts schools of thought in Squiddish history, but they have become more pronounced with the advent of personal shielding, much as in the rest of the galaxy. While squiddish mercenaries tend to prefer ranged weapons, non-mercs tend to prefer bladed. There are a few different types of squiddish weapons, most of which are a bit unusual. You have your "swingblades" (something like a cross between a bladed nunchuck and a butterfly knife), gloveknives (something like a cross between a gauntlet and a katar), regular swords, whips, and bladed tonfu.

Ranged hiltorel weapons are usually plasma, which they tend to prefer over lasers. Lasers are more often in the form of dual-wielded laser pistols rather than full-sized lasguns - these are more about dealing reliable damage to fast targets than hard-hitting slower ones. Their lasguns typically shoot very short, powerful bursts.

Hiltorel armor is ... fairly subpar, especially when compared to other species. Armor covers at most the chest, and sometimes the arms - rarely the back. The face sometimes has a "mask" on the front. "Heavy armor" is a mask that goes completely over the head and head-tentacles, and looks something like a big, ugly, misshapen bucket. It is bulky and cumbersome, and thus rarely used. The variation of squiddotentacles makes standardized armor production difficult, and fitting armor directly to tentacles is nearly impossible. At best they may wear "armored socks" on their tentacles, but this significantly inhibits their agility, which they rely on for survivability.

Buck can learn all of this and stuff about hiltorel gun emplacements and fighter craft.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Name: Gene Weber
Stats:
  Energy: 1
  Durability: 1
  Computer: 1 (+1)
  PSI Unit: -2
  Robotics: -2
  Engines: -2
Skills:
  Charisma: -2
  Conventional: 2 (+1)
  General Knowledge: -2
  Auxiliary: 1

Purchases:
Medical Kit (2000 Cr)
Reactive Armor (1000 Cr)
Electrolaser (2000 Cr)
0 Cr remaining.

Name: Bob
Personal Information:
Personality:
Reason your character got REKT:
Stats:
  Durability: 1
  Computer: -2
  PSI Unit: 0
  Robotics: -2
Skills:
  Handiwork: -2
  Conventional: 1
  Unconventional: 2 (+1)
  General Knowledge: -2

Purchases:
I'll do my purchases later when I figure out what I want :P .
Am I actually still allowed to update the wiki or is it only tal and dino?
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now