Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: The Nemesis (Battlecarrier)

0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:19 pm
"Hey, you're right. How about you hop out the 'lock and go find it?"
"Well I wanted to, but everyone's in such a goddamn rush to leave this stupid place that they're already bootin' it! Look at this shit -"

Gestures around to the ship lifting off

"See what I'm talkin' about? We're runnin' again, even though we beat the squids, fair and square!"
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:02 pm
"Pff. Big deal. It's not like I plan on coming back to this shithole anyway. And if they decide to do anything funny with that nuke, we'll just nuke them a hundred times over."
"What? Do you think I'm stupid or somethin'? Gene, if we nuke the squids, my nuke's gonna get blown up too! The hell's the point, then!?"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:21 pm
"Well I wanted to, but everyone's in such a goddamn rush to leave this stupid place that they're already bootin' it!"
"Lock's still there, innit?"
I look up and down the flight deck.
If I find Mekkin:
-I give him his credits.
I head to the infirmary and request an armored left arm.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guess I'll have to poke SCAMPS about it at debrief
"Wait wait. Hold on. We're in SPACE! SPAAAAAACE! I need to see this!
Unless further developments occur:
I hobble at full crutched speed forward towards a place with a view outside (window or screen) and gander outside, grinning.
If I encounter anyone I recognise (from when I helped clear out the medbay, for example) on the way, I greet them friendly.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
"Well I wanted to, but everyone's in such a goddamn rush to leave this stupid place that they're already bootin' it!"
If I find Mekkin:
-I give him his credits.
Seeing Vynkor stroll away, sigh, think for a few moments, then say to the rest:

"Y'all know what? Don't y'all worry - I'll think o' somethin' cunnin'! Ain't no squids gonna steal my stuff, and we'll teach 'em that! Right now, I REALLY need a fuckin' drink - and somethin' to eat!"

Start heading towards the canteen. The others are more than welcome to follow along, but I won't mind if they don't.
if one of the medics in the hangar tries to give me a crutch, understand it as a tasteless jape at my expense and refuse:

"What? Do I look like I'm 90 years old? Screw off!"

if I have too much difficulty moving around without crutches, approach a medic and say:

"You're supposed to be some kind o' doctor, right? Well, fix this leg right now - I ain't carryin' no goddamn crutch around! I'll pay you, just fix it up right now! I can't even get to the kitchen like this!"

Presumably, this is when my damaged leg gets upgraded to a cyborg one

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:43 pm
"Man, this here's some bullshit! Those thievin' squid scumbags cast some kind o' enchantment on my nuke and stole it! I can't really be the only one that's concerned about this!? Squids - that now have a nuke! MY nuke! Imagine all the evil things they could do with it! We've gotta come up with some kind o' smart plan of gettin' it back!"
*Said in Brom's typical booming voice*
"You've just had a run of bad luck, Buck. Happens to everyone, (save for me of course).
I'd expect we'd have a hard time convincing the crew to go back. I'm against it myself.
But don't fret, Buck! Should we ever encounter the Squids again, we will make them pay dearly for the theft of your nuke!"
Don't forget that you're a member of Alpha, the greatest and most feared squad on the Nemesis! We will have our revenge!

"Approach one of the engineers who retrieved our loot.
HelloI am Brom Keegan! Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad!
I'm looking for some of the loot I retrieved. Specifically a number of teeth from a beast I valiantly slayed.
We received help from Beta early on in our mission."
*Quiet down to a whisper*
"My team and I could have handled the situation ourselves, but I was curious to see what Beta was capable of."
*Return to Brom's typical voice*
"For their assistance in fending off a wave of enemy fighters, I promised their leader that I'd have something made for his bear.
If you would be so kind as to direct me to where those teeth might be stored, and perhaps someone possessing a drill, you would have my gratitude!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

Frank, his equipment...and especially the sword taken from him, sits right where the medics have left him.

Still dazed from the happenings just a short time ago, still weak, and still warring against himself.

Memories of sharp teeth and cold eyes, pain and rage.
It may have been a battle against the drakedogs...but he knows that he'd just as well have gone against the Hiltorel. A thought that makes bile rise.
Hapchazzard wrote:
"Man, this here's some bullshit! Those thievin' squid scumbags cast some kind o' enchantment on my nuke and stole it! I can't really be the only one that's concerned about this!? Squids - that now have a nuke! MY nuke! Imagine all the evil things they could do with it! We've gotta come up with some kind o' smart plan of gettin' it back!"
Frank freezes, just for a moment. He will not go back there! Never!
Scrambling to his feet, fighting against the nausea from the sudden movements, he throws a wide-eyed look at Buck.
Not only that he apparently really made preparations to nuke the colony. No...he also wants to go back there.

Frank turns around, fumbling, and stumbles away. No thought given to where he goes, just away for now!
Fighting nausea, the urge to throw up and the stinging in his lungs.
If he has to actually throw up, make sure that the helmet is taken off before (In case they are still wearing their REKT-suits+Helmet)
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Update!

((Clarification: Everyone has had their suits removed and are back to wearing the orange Tartarus Inc. REKT inmate jumpsuits, labeled at the back with your names. Your weapons have been taken away, as has your loot. The loot is still accessible, although engineers are keeping an eye on it. You'll need to ask for their permission to move any of it. You all still have your PDAs with you, however.

I also took yesterday off, hence the delay.))

Ishmael
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:14 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:42 pm
"Wait! We can't go! Thems squids stole my nuke! We have to go back and get it!"
Look at the drunk shouting man gravely, but say nothing. Give a nod to Saoirse. Shake Caleb's hand.

"Caleb, Esteemed Warrior, it is good to see you again. We have lost good men today - many good men. It saddens my heart, but we must bear with it, for they are in the Lord's tender Appendages now."

Inspect the remains of my tentacle. Go wander around the ship, till a sufficiently lonely and empty place is found. Sit there and brood, then say a long prayer to the Lord, thanking him for deliverance, and honouring the dead.
Then go to the cafeteria and ask for some liquid food. Downplay my facial injuries as a mere trifle in the service of the Faith, if asked about them.
You look at the remains of your tentacle. It's a sorry sight. They say they'll replace it, though - standard damage in the line of duty, "completely understandable". That's a relief. You're going to buy another one, too. Two tentacles! FSM would be proud.

After wandering around the ship a while, you find a lonely, empty place: a little closet. Nobody is there, so it's a nice quiet spot. You turn the lights on around the ceiling and sit in the dim light, brooding. Saying a long prayer to the FSM, you thank him for deliverance and ask him to have mercy on the dead, and honor their memory.

During your little prayer session, the door opens, and a cleaner robot rolls in. It parks itself next to you on its charger and falls silent. Seems like it really is difficult to find a quiet spot on this ship. To make matters worse, the cleaner bot smells vaguely of vomit. In light of this, and other matters, you decide to come out of the closet. You head straight to the mess hall.

~~~

"I'd like some liquid food, please."

Brenna, the person working the counter, stares at you. "What in the nine hells happened to your face?" she says, shocked. "Fight was that bad, huh?"

"It's nothing," you mutter, conscious of the bandages. "I will be all right."

She nods. "One can of liquid rations, then. We're short on that stuff, but I have some left."

A bit later you sit down at a table to drink your "beverage" which is really more of a thick smoothie. At least it tastes like spaghetti. That's a nice touch, if an odd one. It seems Brenna did her homework. Or perhaps she remembers you from before.

Brom
Hema wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:17 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
*Said in Brom's typical booming voice*
"You've just had a run of bad luck, Buck. Happens to everyone, (save for me of course).
I'd expect we'd have a hard time convincing the crew to go back. I'm against it myself.
But don't fret, Buck! Should we ever encounter the Squids again, we will make them pay dearly for the theft of your nuke!"
Don't forget that you're a member of Alpha, the greatest and most feared squad on the Nemesis! We will have our revenge!

"Approach one of the engineers who retrieved our loot.
HelloI am Brom Keegan! Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad!
I'm looking for some of the loot I retrieved. Specifically a number of teeth from a beast I valiantly slayed.
We received help from Beta early on in our mission."
*Quiet down to a whisper*
"My team and I could have handled the situation ourselves, but I was curious to see what Beta was capable of."
*Return to Brom's typical voice*
"For their assistance in fending off a wave of enemy fighters, I promised their leader that I'd have something made for his bear.
If you would be so kind as to direct me to where those teeth might be stored, and perhaps someone possessing a drill, you would have my gratitude!"
You walk over to a group of engineers that are inspecting your CASKETs, taking notes on PDAs. "Hello!" you announce yourself in a thundering voice. "I am Brom Keegan! Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad!"

Those of whom you've attracted the attention of seem thoroughly unimpressed. "Okay, good for you," one of them mutters. "What did you want again?"

"I'm looking for some of the loot I retrieved. Specifically, a number of teeth from a beast I have valiantly slain. You see, we -"

"Over there," the engineer interrupts absently as he stares at his PDA, pointing at a piece of worn furniture. "Over on that table."

"Ah," you say in acknowledgment. You feel slightly insulted that they interrupted you, but don't show it. "If you would be so kind as to direct me to someone possessing a drill, you would have my eternal -"

"That way." This time he's pointing to a different table, covered in a heap of tools. He still hasn't made eye contact.

"Hmm," you mutter. These peons truly don't understand who they are standing before. Pity, really. If he would only take his eyes off that blasted PDA for just a moment...

Frank
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:22 am
Frank, his equipment...and especially the sword taken from him, sits right where the medics have left him.

Still dazed from the happenings just a short time ago, still weak, and still warring against himself.

Memories of sharp teeth and cold eyes, pain and rage.
It may have been a battle against the drakedogs...but he knows that he'd just as well have gone against the Hiltorel. A thought that makes bile rise.
Hapchazzard wrote:
Frank freezes, just for a moment. He will not go back there! Never!
Scrambling to his feet, fighting against the nausea from the sudden movements, he throws a wide-eyed look at Buck.
Not only that he apparently really made preparations to nuke the colony. No...he also wants to go back there.

Frank turns around, fumbling, and stumbles away. No thought given to where he goes, just away for now!
Fighting nausea, the urge to throw up and the stinging in his lungs.
If he has to actually throw up, make sure that the helmet is taken off before (In case they are still wearing their REKT-suits+Helmet)
You feel horrible. Absolutely horrible. You're still somewhat in a state of shock. The meds the doctors gave you helped with the sickly feeling, but they certainly didn't help you clear your head. You're completely at odds with yourself, and struggling to figure yourself out. Who are you, really? Are you even your old self anymore? Your actions today weren't things you ever, ever expected of yourself, and you find it fairly unsettling.

Buck is talking about going back to the planet. You don't want to think of it. You're not going back to Nanyej. Not now, not ever! You scramble to your feet and throw a wide-eyed look at Buck. Is he insane? He might be. You can't believe he actually wanted to nuke the colony - and you really can't believe he wants to retrieve his nuke.

You walk away, stumbling. You aren't really sure of where you're going - you just want to be away from there. Going to the edge of the hangar, you find a room with a ladder in it - a former elevator, it seems - and climb to the top, hoping this'll put you well away from everyone.

For the most part, it seems to. The top decks of the Nemesis seem to be a lot quieter and more peaceful. For good reason, too - everyone is probably over at engineering, or the hangar, or even sleeping. You imagine a fair few are sleeping. You'd like that, right now... provided you could even fall asleep. You're not even really sure you could.

How could you sleep after all that, actually? You watched people die that mission. Miles went down right before your eyes. Miranda died before you even left the valley. Gearhead is missing, too. You never really knew these people well, but any one of them could have been you - and by all rights, you really should've died back there.

Death begins to fill your thoughts.

Now you're reminded vividly of all the blood and gore you saw... and this leads you to thinking about the people you killed. People that didn't deserve it - they were just defending their home.

Unable to repress a sudden wave of nausea, you bend over and vomit, blowing chunks all over the boots of none other but the acting captain, Havor Maluk. What terrible, terrible luck you have.

"Disgusting!" he says, horrified, stepping back and trying to kick the vomit off his shoes. "If you're sick, you need to be down at the medbay, not wandering the upper decks outside the battle bridge! Truly, truly abhorrent," he mutters under his breath. His disgust seems entirely petty - and even ridiculous - compared to what you went through already today. His voice transforms to a more leaderly tone as he speaks over the comm system. "I need a doctor and a cleaner bot outside the battle bridge, top floor portside. One of the cryokids just vomited and seems like he needs medical assistance."

"Right away, Captain," someone replies. You hear the whirring of a bot somewhere in the hallway behind you as it rolls out of its closet, headed in your direction.

The acting captain is already walking away from you - presumably either busy, or looking to clean his shoes.

Buck
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:55 am
0111narwhalz wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
If I find Mekkin:
-I give him his credits.
Seeing Vynkor stroll away, sigh, think for a few moments, then say to the rest:

"Y'all know what? Don't y'all worry - I'll think o' somethin' cunnin'! Ain't no squids gonna steal my stuff, and we'll teach 'em that! Right now, I REALLY need a fuckin' drink - and somethin' to eat!"

Start heading towards the canteen. The others are more than welcome to follow along, but I won't mind if they don't.
if one of the medics in the hangar tries to give me a crutch, understand it as a tasteless jape at my expense and refuse:

"What? Do I look like I'm 90 years old? Screw off!"

if I have too much difficulty moving around without crutches, approach a medic and say:

"You're supposed to be some kind o' doctor, right? Well, fix this leg right now - I ain't carryin' no goddamn crutch around! I'll pay you, just fix it up right now! I can't even get to the kitchen like this!"

Presumably, this is when my damaged leg gets upgraded to a cyborg one
A doctor tries dutifully to give you a crutch. Your immediate response is to decline. "No thanks," you say. They insist, though, so you finally take it, and fling it at their faces. Sadly, they have fast reflexes. "Do I look like I'm 90 years old? Screw off!" you burst out in a huff. Then you storm off in a similar huff - and this goes... very poorly. Not two minutes have passed between you're groveling at the feet of the doctors again. You aren't going to stoop low enough to walk around with a crutch, but... being basically unable to walk at all? That's ridiculous!

Limping carefully back the twenty meters you've already traveled, you come upon the group of doctors with their makeshift medical station. You address the nearest one. "Doc," you plead. "You gotta help me... My leg..."

They stare at you. Then, deadpan, one of them remarks, "It looks like you're having trouble walking on it."

"Oh, yeah, I am doc, you have no idea!"

The speaker nods. "I'm quite sure it does."

"Well?" you ask, flabbergasted that they're just standing there. "Fix this leg right now! I'll pay you, just fix it up right now! I can't even get to the kitchen like this!"

"Get back on the table," the guy says with a sigh, pulling out a PDA. He hands it to you. "Here's your list of options. It's all we have right now."

You pick out a cyborg leg - expensive, but it looks really sweet and tough - and then the doc puts you under.

~~~

You wake up some time later. The docs are tending someone else now - an engineer, it looks like - and you're sitting with a brand new cyborg leg. It's... pretty incredible, honestly. Sleek, shiny chrome, rust-free surfaces, cables and wires, melded seamlessly with what's left of your leg. You're honestly impressed that they managed such an operation with the poor setup they have here. You poke at the cables a bit. They feel strong - "tough" and "durable" are the words that come to mind. It pleases you immensely.

Vynkor
You head over to Mekkin to talk. "I've come to give your credits back," you say. The drug has finally worn off. "One dose of screech, 1000 creds, as promised."

"Hmm, thank you." Mekkin seems distracted; he's sorting through a medkit, and talks quickly as ever. "I am impressed with your punctuality." He pauses, holding a syringe up to the light as he examines it closely; he then places it back down, continuing to sort. "You did a fair job down there. Might take you as an assistant or bodyguard, if you didn't seem to attract loss of limb. I value my own highly, see."

Uncertain of what to say, you remain silent and take out your PDA for the cred transfer.

"I will let you keep half of them," Mekkin says decidedly, pulling out his own PDA and rapidly typing data onto the holoscreen. "500 creds. It's an investment. I may ask for your help in the future. If this is unacceptable, I will accept the full thousand."

Everyone still in the main REKT group in the hangar
"Thank you Anabais for saving my life, you're awesome!!" Saoirse shout as she walks past.

Anabais is a tall girl with a partially-reconstructed face of metal. She has at least one cyborg arm, and she has something - dreadlocks or messy braids, it's hard to tell - on the other side. They're a dirty red-brown, with streaks of hot pink. Despite the odd color choices, she's quite the menacing figure.

"Fukc off," she mutters, seeming to be looking around for someone. "Couldn't let you die, fun as that would be. I'll deal with your shit later - have other business to take care of." She wanders off, visually scanning the rest of the platoon for someone that doesn't seem to be there.

Saoirse is just about to leave the hangar when a couple of people show up.

"OH, HEY!" a metallic voice booms over to the side. "It's you guys! Aw man, that was a rough one, yaha?" You look over in the direction of the voice and make eye contact with someone's chest. Looking upwards, you realize that it's not just a man - it's a mech - complete with huge robotic arms and powerful legs, he stands almost 2.5 meters in height and looks incredibly strong. "Would've loved to have gotten in there and had some fun with you, ya know, but ah - kinda hard for me to get back into my ship!" he laughs, taking off his helmet. "The name's Crank, and pleased to meet ya."

Just then, an oddly familiar woman shows up. Standing slightly shorter than average height, she sports black lower-tied pigtails. They bounce as she trots over, ecstatic. "You're all here and I can finally meet you all! I'm so happy!" She clasps her hands together and looks like she'd love nothing less than to hug the entire group at once. "My people!" she says, intensely proud. "Oh, right! I forgot to introduce myself - I'm Cho! Cho Dyoun, your FTO! You might know my voice," she laughs, in a sheepish sort of way, "and I might know some of yours, but I haven't gotten to review the feeds yet!" Cho looks positively giddy with joy, bouncing on her toes. "I'm so happy I get to meet you! Oh - and did you bring back any cuisine? I think I asked before, I'm not sure - but anyway this is so exciting!"
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I tear my eyes off Crank's modifications and give both Crank and Cho a wave and a shy smile, while surpressing the minor urge to hide behind Bob at the sight of so many people.
"H-hi! I'm Saoirse, and this" points at Bob "is Bob. Nice t-to meet you guys!
And Cho, I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier, I - I guess I was a tad stressed...
Erm. So, er, there weren't any restaurants near the nacelle, but" sly smile "surely 'Brom Keegan, Master assassin, supreme ruler of the Ermhelm Underworld, and leader of the fabled Alpha Squad' must have managed to acquire some cuisine for you?
But errrrrrr, so, er, and I'm not blaming you here, but er, how were we able to lift off without the stellaplex? Did SCAMPS lie to us?"
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mekkin wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:20 am
Might take you as an assistant or bodyguard, if you didn't seem to attract loss of limb. I value my own highly, see.
"Nah, it's just my left arms. You'd probably be fine. No guarantees on your left arm, though."
Mekkin wrote:
I may ask for your help in the future.
I narrow my eyes at Mekkin. I don't really want to remain indebted to the guy, but surely he can't call on anything crazy for a few hundred creds, right? I've seen this kind of deal before, though—been on both sides of it.
"What's the interest?"

Thank Brenna for food.

Go through the ship and to the engineering using a rather non-direct route to see what's out there. Note the state of affairs in each room I pass. IF people are too busy, don't disturb them.
IF people are not too busy or are having a break, stop to chat with them: introduce myself to them, ask how are they holding up, and my best reassurances and encouragement to these who are visibly in need of it.

Search for the armoury seller who looks the Noodliest.
Greet him, introduce myself as Dr. Ishmael, and place an order for:
- extra tentacle graft
- critical shielding
Thank him, and ask him whether he knows where I can find a good, reliable engineer who would be able to help me with my (very simple) custom weapon design.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Talvieno wrote:
What terrible, terrible luck you have.
A moment of mortified embarassment...
Mr. Acting Captain, Sir! wrote:
Truly, truly abhorrent...
Turning to confusion
I really don't like that guy, Sir! wrote:
One of the cryokids just vomited and...
and quickly bursting into anger...

Frank straightens as much as his condition allows, opens his mouth to yell at Havor just what the hell he thinks this is and prepares to charge at him, acting captain or not.

But even before the first step, the first syllable...Frank recoils in disgust of this intended behaviour.
Clutching his arms, he presses himself against the wall, shivering like from a heavy fever and coughing.

This is wrong! I shouldn't do this! I need to calm down! I need to-

A short thought, the two people on this damned ship he actually had at least a bit of contact to.

Brenna in the mess hall and Antez, the engineer...
And as he has no idea where Antez is at the moment...

Frank hurriedly makes his way to the mess hall, preferably before the Doc comes around.
If the medic comes around
-tell him hastily that they already gave him meds down in the hangar and move on
When he sees Brenna
-He'll stumble to her, barely keeping himself from clutching her shoulders and shaking her
-He grabs onto the closest fixture, clutching it like a safe anchor
-Start begging, with a harrowed expression on his face "Please tell me you got something to do for me! I don't care what! I'll clean, I'll fix stuff, whatever! Just give me a distraction!"
Last edited by F4wk35 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Notice some kind of commotion going on, have my attention drawn to the mech and Cho
Also notice Saoirse telling them something, immediately think:

"That must be the captain! And that girl from Beta must be tryin'a steal credit for killin' the big scary green thing! Well, I'll be damned, but not on my watch!"

Brazenly approach the group of people talking, interrupt whatever conversation it is that they were having, and extend my hand to Cho (and, after her, the mech)

"Why, heya there! The name's Buck, but y'all probably know that already! I'm the guy from Alpha that killed that big dragon thing. Well, me and Frank, I guess, but he's not here. I'm also the one that turned the gravity off - cunnin', huh? Squids never saw it comin'!"

if one of them refuses to shake my hand, scratch the back of my neck with it, pretending like I wasn't even trying to shake theirs
if, after my introduction, Cho or the mech still seem to be interested in talking with me about the mission (or other things), try and keep their attention and continue chatting about said topic (and bragging, of course) until it seems like the conversation is starting to run it's course
Once the general conversation seems to be over, go to the cafeteria

I fail to hide my expression becoming nervous when I notice Buck approach, only for it to turn annoyed when he starts to speak.

"D-don't worry Buck, I'm sure she'll see all of your...er...heroic deeds when she reviews the video feeds from our helmets..."

I turn back to Cho, waiting for her to reply to my question, and friendlily remind her of it after she's done talking to Buck if she seems to have forgotten.

Online Now