Return to “Games”

Re: CyberPunk 2077

I am absolutely digging that they said, "This game needs to be first-person," and have stuck by that.

I also liked that IGN commenters noted that the pacing of combat felt very much like that of Deus Ex.

Hopes... rising... must keep... expectations... in check....

It's getting hard to avoid the hype train now. :lol: Especially when the game just looks so good. I'm tempering expectations though. They were very clear anything could change. I rather expect something to change that people won't like, same as with Witcher 3. We were originally shown (in gameplay trailers) much better graphics than we eventually got for that game (thanks consoles!), so it won't be surprising if they tone down the graphics for consoles with this too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Tycow wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:22 pm
https://youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0

48 minute gameplay trailer - looks so goooooooooooood. :D
This gameplay is amazing. Honestly, if the game is even half as promising as it seems... Unf.
But their last game? Well... the expectations for that were WELL below what was delivered.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:57 pm
their last game? Well... the expectations for that were WELL below what was delivered.

The Witcher 2 was to The Witcher what Crysis 2 was to Crysis, as well as what Deus Ex: Invisible War was to Deus Ex: a console-first follow-up to an outstanding PC game.

CDPR obviously learned from The Witcher 2. It's hard to imagine Cyberpunk 2077 being as much better than The Witcher 3 as TW3 was to TW2. But if it's even just plain old better than TW3?

:shock:

Definitely looks like a good game, i'd expect nothing less of CDPR. However i'm actually less excited for it than I was, at least based on that gameplay. From what they showed, I don't think it will be my kind of game.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:57 pm
Silverware wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:57 pm
their last game? Well... the expectations for that were WELL below what was delivered.

The Witcher 2 was to The Witcher what Crysis 2 was to Crysis, as well as what Deus Ex: Invisible War was to Deus Ex: a console-first follow-up to an outstanding PC game.

CDPR obviously learned from The Witcher 2. It's hard to imagine Cyberpunk 2077 being as much better than The Witcher 3 as TW3 was to TW2. But if it's even just plain old better than TW3?

:shock:
To be fair, Witcher 2 and Deus Ex; IW were both EXCEPTIONAL console versions. Witcher 3 managed to balance both styles, and hopefully '77 goes a step further.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

I think the voice actors overdo it with the "cool".
When everyone tries to act "overcool", then it feels pressed.
In GTA5 for example, the was a much larger range of personality in voice acting, making the characters more interesting, and giving more options to present them.

Hyperion wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:12 am
Definitely looks like a good game, i'd expect nothing less of CDPR. However i'm actually less excited for it than I was, at least based on that gameplay. From what they showed, I don't think it will be my kind of game.
I agree, It's a bit too gritty for my liking. If it was less of a high stress shooter and more tactical (Like the Deus Ex Game of the Year Edition) then I'd be more open to it. I'd love to wander the streets and socialize or fight crime. The needless foul language isn't appealing to me either.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:47 am
BFett wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:49 am
The needless foul language isn't appealing to me either.
You wouldnt survive a single day in common vienna conversation then :ghost:
Or most places for that matter :ghost:

Though I wouldn't say the foul language is needless, it fits the setting quite well, so much that if there were no foul language, it would likely hurt the story and immersion.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

"Haha I just killed all your friends and I'm going to sell their parts!" "Why, I have strong negative feelings towards you for doing that. I hope you didn't try to do anything indecent as well!" "I didn't, that would be horrible. I will keep their corpses clothed the whole time, don't worry." "Oh, well that's a relief. I still hope bad things happen to you in the future, but it helps me feel somewhat better to know that no nudity will be shown."

It could be funny at least. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now