Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Things That Made You Happy Today

After noticing that Netrunner is selling out like hell everywhere, I managed to order a copy of the expansions I wanted - in several cases the last copy available. :)
(I'll be happier once they're actually delivered, but it's something already)
Edit: on further inspection, pretty much everything I ordered is now out of stock
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Baile nam Fonn wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 am
Vivacia wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:12 am
My really nice beard is cheering me up. I feel so fuzzy and warm. :3
Heh. Just wait until it starts dripping coffee or soup onto your shirt and/or fuzzy-wuzzy blanket. When I trim mine to nothing every few months, I do not mourn.
But hey, it feels great to be manly. And I could use a straw, even though it sounds unreasonable...

It was actually a poison breath attack by a young green dragon, which apparently does 12d6 damage. (Ouch)
Due to lucky rolls on saving throws (and poison resistance of dwarves) nobody died, but it was close for some. We managed to convince it to leave, though it did take a party member along with it as prisoner/hostage/pet.
(Which was actually planned, as said player is moving so it was her last session :) )
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Thanks! After 18 years, we've made a few... alterations. :D

The question I'm banging my head against now is, "How much longer do I have to keep working at my day job?" It's really nice to have that income, but it's also nice now not to need it quite as much.

I'm inclined to keep working on the theory that "something awful/expensive will happen tomorrow." Also, we may want to make some additions to Castle Flatfingers. :D

Flatfingers wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:07 pm
Thanks! After 18 years, we've made a few... alterations. :D

The question I'm banging my head against now is, "How much longer do I have to keep working at my day job?" It's really nice to have that income, but it's also nice now not to need it quite as much.

I'm inclined to keep working on the theory that "something awful/expensive will happen tomorrow." Also, we may want to make some additions to Castle Flatfingers. :D
Talk to your employer, they may be willing to let you do 1 day a week unpaid, then you can skip mondays and have long weekends. :D
If your mortgage was 30% of your pay, you could easily do this without causing yourself any pain. (if it were more, you'd still be winning even after not going in every day)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now