Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:38 am
"This is Kushir Enirata, current Minister of Affairs at colony Huhoba Qitsit," a voice says from the holoscreen. "We had a deal with Tartarus Incorporated that would benefit us both. Why have you betrayed us? Please answer."

"You came under the guise of friendship, but have created strife and bloodshed ever since your arrival. Now you attack our colony. Over fifty thousand souls reside here. Would you put them in danger?"

The floating head of Kushir Enirata continues. "We cannot allow you to destroy our colony. You are in violation of multiple peace treaties. You will be surrender, or we will be forced to destroy you."
A deal? Betrayal?? What are they talking about?!?

*Fearful, almost pleading/whining, while keeping head down*

"Weren't those league-guys who shot us down your people? And the fighters who immediately started harassing the wreck?? What damn deal?!? All they told us was that you were about to kill us all! We were just pulled out of barely tested cryo-tubes just to have a chance to get away from your onslaught! And before there was talk about some bombs! What. Damn. Bombs?!?"

*Errant thought flying through Frank's head*

This goes on, I won't get a single snack back to that mad officer...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:09 am
Talvieno wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:38 am
"This is Kushir Enirata, current Minister of Affairs at colony Huhoba Qitsit," a voice says from the holoscreen. "We had a deal with Tartarus Incorporated that would benefit us both. Why have you betrayed us? Please answer."

"You came under the guise of friendship, but have created strife and bloodshed ever since your arrival. Now you attack our colony. Over fifty thousand souls reside here. Would you put them in danger?"

The floating head of Kushir Enirata continues. "We cannot allow you to destroy our colony. You are in violation of multiple peace treaties. You will be surrender, or we will be forced to destroy you."
A deal? Betrayal?? What are they talking about?!?

*Fearful, almost pleading/whining, while keeping head down*

"Weren't those league-guys who shot us down your people? And the fighters who immediately started harassing the wreck?? What damn deal?!? All they told us was that you were about to kill us all! We were just pulled out of barely tested cryo-tubes just to have a chance to get away from your onslaught! And before there was talk about some bombs! What. Damn. Bombs?!?"

*Errant thought flying through Frank's head*

This goes on, I won't get a single snack back to that mad officer...
"FRANK! What the high holy hell are you doin', negotiatin' with a squid!?"

((Tal - can I remotely connect to my ship with my PDA and arm/detonate the nuke? Would that require a full turn/a skill test, or could I do it immediately (just the arming part)?))

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 am
"FRANK! What the high holy hell are you doin', negotiatin' with a squid!?"
"I'm not negotiating, you drunkard! I only want to know why the hell I am here right now! As apparently you know more about this whole pile-up of lunacy than I do! So please, tell me about it!"
"The squids attacked us, and now we're defending ourselves! That's why we're here - simple as that!"

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:52 am
*confused*
"Frank? Buck? What's going on over there, I thought you guys would be done by now!
Calm down and give us some info so we can come and help, okay?"
"Well as I've said damn near a million times already, we'd been done if everyone just listened to my plan! Now, because of Brom, we're surrounded by squids, scary green things, and some weird-ass squid hologram is babblin' to us somethin' 'bout treaties n' bombs! Ain't know exactly what he's sayin' though, he's speaking some kind o' broken-english squid dialect with complicated words. I heard him mention somethin' about surrender though - looks like they're ready to give up!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:40 am
((Tal - can I remotely connect to my ship with my PDA and arm/detonate the nuke? Would that require a full turn/a skill test, or could I do it immediately (just the arming part)?))
((Nukes must be primed prior to detonation and launch; they are hackable and remote-triggerable only after priming from the ship/nuke. Basically: No.))

((Going to let Alpha/Beta talk a bit before I answer with the squid dude))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

"Erm. Ok."
mentally dismisses Buck
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 am
*twitch, then babbling in a stressed way*

"Gah! Reasonable people! Finally! HEEEELLLPPPPP! Everything's trying to come down on our head! Buck broke the whole colony! Monsters trying to eat us!"
"Okay, one thing at a time. You guys are still at the gravplant, right? Any enemies outside, inside, that you know of?
And what do you mean, Buck broke the whole colony? Did he nuke it or something?!?"
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 pm
"Erm. Ok."
mentally dismisses Buck
F4wk35 wrote:

"Gah! Reasonable people! Finally! HEEEELLLPPPPP! Everything's trying to come down on our head! Buck broke the whole colony! Monsters trying to eat us!"
"Okay, one thing at a time. You guys are still at the gravplant, right? Any enemies outside, inside, that you know of?
And what do you mean, Buck broke the whole colony? Did he nuke it or something?!?"
"Damn, y'all need to learn to be a bit patient, I'm workin' on it! Gotta get back to my ship first!"

Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:30 pm
"Erm. Ok."
mentally dismisses Buck
F4wk35 wrote:

"Good timing Beta! You're just in time for the party. Hope you brought drinks, because you'll need 'em to wash down the squid chunks!
Buck has fortunately not nuked the colony yet. And if he tries before we get out of here I'll blow off his feet!
We've got a number of fighters on approach. I'd deal with them myself if we had more time, but we've got to get out of here!
There are at least six calamari here with us. Buck should have gotten most of them with his gravgun. We've also got drake dogs to deal with so, you know, we're kinda held up right now. For the moment we could use your help in eliminating the ground troops. I should warn you though that Buck managed to shut off the gravity, so you shouldn't expect to walk when you get here."
Breaker of fortune cookies

I spare a moment to marvel at the utter, complete insanity of Alpha, and, to my surprise, to thank the FSM that my legs are too fukced-up for me to head up there- it sounds like a deathtrap. I feel a pang of shame for this thought, but I know it can't be helped- I'd only be a liability there, anyway. My best bet is to get the hell back to the Nemesis and hang out with that squid we captured- Aloka, was the name?

I wait for Ismael to catch up with me before continuing on with him cautiously, taking care to stay in the valleys to hide from any stray enemies. If I reach the Nemesis, I comm them to let them know of my situation and attempt to use the hull as cover.

Online Now