Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#781
I shake my head a bit, trying to wake up fully. Apparently I was unconcious for a while there, but I can hardly remember anything- which is unfortunate, because it feels like I forgot something important. Typical.

Then I remember what my legs looked like.

Oh sweet FSM, I'm pretty badly fukced up. At least I'm not quite dead yet. I pull the syringe out of my suit- no need damaging the thing accidentally later on- and call out on my radio.

"Ugh...okay, thanks, Ishmael. What the hell happened to me? I feel like I got run over by a truck, and I don't think I can walk...and where the hell are all my meds? Did we seriously use them all?!"

Wait, why am I thanking him? The lazy bastard didn't even bother coming out of the nacelle! I quickly decide to remedy my error.

"Also, thanks, guys, for making sure I was going to wake up, it felt really nice to see your smiling faces looking over me!"

A part of my brain realizes I'm being somewhat of a dick, but my thoughts are too chaotic from pain, shock, and blood loss for me to really care too much at the moment. I can apologize once I feel less dismembered. Though someone did apparently give me a shot of the good stuff, since I'm not screaming in agony...ugh, I hate myself sometimes.

I sigh. "Okay, sorry. Whoever gave me the meds, thanks- you probably saved my life. I'm just a bit out of it right now..."

When Bob helps me up, I hang on to him, attempting to not cause myself more pain than I already will be in. When he brings me to a ship, I thank him, strap in, familiarize myself with the controls, take off, and start flying towards the Nemesis, sticking to the canyons.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#782
"Oh hey Caleb, glad you're awake!"
I give him a wave from where I'm standing
"Ah, I borrowed your meds, I wasn't sure when you would wake up.
As far as I know, you got blown up by that Hiltorel fighter, and Gearhead patched you up and used anti shock meds.
I used a coag on you, myself and Ishmael, and painkillers on you and myself. I'll give you the leftovers in a minute, and I can pay you back those 2 syringes I used when we're back from mission if you want.
For the rest, we're done here, so we're gonna steal this ship for you and go back. Do you think you can fly?"
((Tal says you can))
"Hey Bob! You're the strongest, can you come and help us give friend Caleb a hand that he can get in this ship so we can get out of here?"
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#783
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:05 pm
"Oh hey Caleb, glad you're awake!"
I give him a wave from where I'm standing
"Ah, I borrowed your meds, I wasn't sure when you would wake up.
As far as I know, you got blown up by that Hiltorel fighter, and Gearhead patched you up and used anti shock meds.
I used a coag on you, myself and Ishmael, and painkillers on you and myself. I'll give you the leftovers in a minute, and I can pay you back those 2 syringes I used when we're back from mission if you want.
For the rest, we're done here, so we're gonna steal this ship for you and go back. Do you think you can fly?"
((Tal says you can))
"Hey Bob! You're the strongest, can you come and help us give friend Caleb a hand that he can get in this ship so we can get out of here?"
Bob help! bob best help!
Jimmy says Jimmy also help :D

Oh and Soairse-Boss, Bob put box in Casket but now Bob think no more place for Bob, maybe Saoirse-Boss should get box?

Walk over to Caleb, help him in the ship.
Walk back to my casket, take the box out and put it on the ground next to my casket, try to attach it to the cargo-net on my casket, otherwise tell Soairse where the box is and that she can come and get it.
Enter my casket and prepare everything for takeoff.
Last edited by Cha0zz on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#784
"I think there's a net and a magnet on the bottom of your CASKET you can put it in, Bob. You can turn on the magnet with a button somewhere in your cockpit."
(( http://lt-rekt.wikidot.com/casket-systems#toc19 I think that should be fine enough to transport the box, but you can check it with Tal ))

(( also guys, if we're all getting in our CASKET anyway, can we all add an action that we start flying to the Nemesis if we all are ready to shorten things a bit? ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#785
Hema wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 am
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:53 pm
"I have no clue what you shits just did, but you just made it IMPOSSIBLE to keep babysitting you little boys." It is, of course, the ever-lovely Anabais. "Every single one of them broke off from pursuing us to head back towards the colony. There's nothing else I can do here, so we're bugging out. What the fukcing hell did you do to piss them off?"
"Well we just thought we'd help out by doing our job. Apparently our tentacled friends don't like it when we mess with their stellaplex.
Who would have guessed, right? Anyway, it's going to be a while before we're finished hacking. Do you think you could maybe thin out the approaching ships in the meantime? Also if you could fly someone down to contact Beta for us, that'd be great. I'm sure that's not too much of a hassle."
"HA!" Anabais snorts derisively. "Fukcing calamari. If I didn't have to babysit you bastards I'd nuke their whole colony into a bubbling puddle of shit!" She cackles madly, and then: "We're outta ammo and shot to hell. We'll do what we can, but it won't be much! And Crank is fukcing useless, so I'm sending him down south to your pampered half. They got the easiest part of this mission, the cheap little pricks. I read the briefing - I bet none of them even fukcing died. CRANK! Make sure to tell them that if they don't step up and play ball, they'll have me to deal with when we get home!" She laughs, but it devolves into an angry roar. "LET'S MOVE!"
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#787
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am
going through anger issues
"I am sorry we were not there for you, Warrior. We ensured you didn't go to meet the Lord, and had to return to the fighting. A brief update for you - the Hiltorei workers inside have surrendered to us. We agreed to let them go and help one of them in exchange for stopping hostilities and information. Our mission is done here, praise be to His Noodliness. You have done your part, Esteemed Warrior - but there's one more task you still can perform - should you accept it...we are still mopping up here, but maybe you can fly ahead and report to the Nemesis?"
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:17 am
Bob help! bob best help!
Jimmy says Jimmy also help :D
"Bob-boss, wait for me, I shall give you a hand! Be careful, for Caleb is injured!"

((added actions to the actions post)) ((edited the dialogue))
Last edited by outlander on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#788
"Alright, we've got our help coming so let's get moving already and pull our own weight!
We've come this far and we're not going to let a few extra squids scare us off![/u]
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
I've provided a rough plans on our map for you all. Just take a second to look them over.

Buck, you'll be taking the right side of the room. Stay out of sight and behind cover, and try to tether yourself.
You're going to listen and wait until the enemy is right on top of you, and then you're going to jump out and give them a closeup of your Gravgun.
Frank, you'll be there to back him up if needed.
Gene, you'll be taking the left side and will play a similar role to Buck.
I'll be out where the enemy can see me so I'll have their attention.
When I give the signal you're going to shotgun whatever was foolish enough to approach from that side.
If either team can confirm all hostiles on their side dead, they're to move to help out the other half of the squad!"


Move to the spot next to the wall marked with a red arrow and, tether myself to the nearest essentially immovable object and turn to face the room's left opening.

Keep my shield and pistol raised as I watch for enemies, and call out to whomever or whatever might be approaching.

"I'm here you dishonorable fiends! You want a piece of me? Come and get it! I'm not going anywhere!
We could have settled this peacefully, but you just had to bring up your past failures and blame them on me!
Well no more! If you want to live you'll stay at your in of the corridor!"

If any armed (or otherwise dangerous) hostiles enter my line-of-sight, I'll alert my squad to their presence (gene in particular) via comms.
"We've got company, Gene! Open fire and tear them a new one!"
While I speak, take aim and fire at the nearest exposed (and potentially dangerous) hostile.
If the first shot fails to take it down, fire again before switching to the next available target.
Fire a maximum of two shots at the second target. If it goes down on the first I will reload, switch to a third target and fire a final shot before retreating into cover.
Last edited by Hema on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#789
"Gearhead, esteemed engineer? I have a small request for you, if it is not to your inconvenience."

"We are facing a lull in the fighting, yet we do not know what terrors we are to face next. My ship - it can take damage, but it can't lash it out in return. Maybe you can make something - a cutlass, or a lance, or maybe some short spears - and make them sit snugly inside my auxiliary bays? Then, I would be able to utilise my Tentacle Graft offensively with those weapons, if the need arises...what do ye think?"
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#790
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm
"HA!" Anabais snorts derisively. "Fukcing calamari. If I didn't have to babysit you bastards I'd nuke their whole colony into a bubbling puddle of shit!"
"I know! I wanted to do that too, but nobody here would listen!"

Move into cover behind the computer (where Brom's arrow is pointing at)
Prepare my gravgun
Keep an eye/ear out for hostiles coming from the east
if I see any of the following coming from that direction:
a) A large (over 2) group of enemies
b) A particularly large and/or imposing enemy
-Quietly alert my squadmates via comms
-See if my gravgun is recharged and, if it is, fire at the enemy (also, make sure that Frank or another squadmate isn't in the projectile's path)
-Otherwise, try and stay hidden behind the computer and ready my baton in case I am attacked in melee
if at any point, an enemy comes into close range, whack it with my baton (max times limited by skill)
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#792
Hema wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm
Gene, you'll be taking the left side and will play a similar role to Buck.
I'll be out where the enemy can see me so I'll have their attention.
When I give the signal you're going to shotgun whatever was foolish enough to approach from that side.
Move into cover behind the left side of the room (as indicated by the map)
prepare my shotgun and machine pistol for firing,
and tether myself to the wall.
If I see hostiles approaching my position:
Break cover if need be,
shoot once at each of them if there are two or more,
or shoot no more than twice at them with my shotgun if there is one,
then reload.
If no enemies manifest themselves, stay covered.
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#793
outlander wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:38 pm
"Gearhead, esteemed engineer? I have a small request for you, if it is not to your inconvenience."
"I think i dont have enough materials for that. I could need a hand or two with taking apart this AA gun, though."

look for an "off" switch on the suspiciously warm power core and put it into a state that doesnt lead to it becoming even more warm
put the fire control computer and the secured power core into the storage netting on my unused aux mount

if saoirse asks for support ((im just going to assume that something's at least a bit burned if that happens))
-get over while trying to suppress a smug grin
-"What did you do? You did some scans earlier, throw me the data please."
-use my own PDA to try and hack the locking mechanism, using saoirse's scans and new ones to check on progress
-if i manage to get the cockpit open try to get an overview over the ship's functioning (incorporating what i've learned from the flak controls) and share that knowledge with caleb

if nothing comes from saoirse
-take a good, careful look on how the barrel assembly comes apartthere's gotta be some dust cover over a couple of field coil segments and some high power plasma source assembly at the end. Or at least that would make sense to me
-take those barrels apart, carefully
-put the disassembled barrel parts to the already stored components
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#794
TURN 25

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Image
Time left until Stellaplex autohack completes: 5.3 minutes
Time left until no time left: 10 minutes



Squad Alpha:
Vynkor
Spoiler:      SHOW
0111narwhalz wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:07 pm
I rotate in place to face the voice, then stop.
I inspect myself briefly.
If I'm largely intact:
-"Yeah, I'm fine."
Else:
-"For certain definitions of okay."
"What's going on? What are those alarms?"
You look yourself over. "Yeah, I'm fine," you say. "What's going on? What are those alarms?"

"They've found us," the voice says. You turn, and find yourself looking into the eyes of a kindly old scientist. Well, "Kindly" - you've never trusted them. You're the product of a scientist's illegal experimentation - or a group of them. Frowning, you narrow your eyes at him suspiciously. He doesn't notice; his face doesn't change as he goes on, "We need to get you out of here. We aren't safe any more. Our station has been shot down; we're falling towards the planet."

You look out one of the wide circular windows and see that, indeed, the station is falling. ((It's a dream, physics can be broken :D of course I know it's impossible to "shoot down" an orbiting object without, likely, obliterating it))

"Come with me," the man says, and he turns, grasping hooks on the walls and pulling himself down towards the entrance to an all-white corridor.
Frank
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:42 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:55 am
"I have a plan - we wait in here, ready our weapons, and shoot the shit out of anythin' that comes in!"
Next he'll accidently break something else important! I need to get out of here!

*Fearful whine at the prospect of Buck having a plan*

Flail around a bit more
Stop flailing and throw hounded looks around, searching for possible weak-spots in the ceiling
If one is found and it's big enough for the Stellaplex harness-construction
-Load a sticky/reel bolt and use it to get to said weakspot
-Rig up an explosive frame with explosive bolts and duct tape
-Cable the triggers to another cable reel for remote-detonation
-Get back into the corner I started from (Take the trigger-reel with me)
Hesitantly get into the position Brom specified and load an explosive bolt (If none left, load sharp instead)
Whine: "This'll get us all killed right away!"
Manually stick a sticky/reel bolt on the ground next to me
use that anchor to stay in cover
When enemies appear in the right wing
-Shoot at the first one once with the pre-loaded bolt
-reload explosive bolt (or sharp if no explosives left)
If shots are heard from the right wing
-wince and hope that vynkor somehow survives this
You give a fearful whine as the sirens blare and the lights slowly flash red. You float around, flailing wildly. You don't want to die. You're just a janitor, for crying out loud. Buck's plan is horrifying, and Brom hasn't come up with a good one. Stand there and back up Buck? What kind of plan is that? No, you need an escape route. Looking above you, you see the gridlike pattern on the ceiling - translucent metal plates in a lattice - and pull out your crossbow, quickly loading a sticky reel bolt.

Aiming, you fire at the ceiling just above the flat lower wall. The sticky part of the bolt glides through the atmosphere swiftly, and you pull yourself after it on the wire-like cable, drifting upwards in the zero-g environment until you reach your destination. Upon arrival, you quickly unload your entire holster of explosive bolts - there's a fair few - and tape all of them up around the edges of the plate. It looks like it'll work, but there's one issue: They don't have triggers. It's liquid suspended in a canister and rigged to detonate on a hard stop - not a hard start. The only option is to detonate it from afar using gunfire.

With this accomplished, though, you pull yourself back towards the ground and get into position beside Buck. You immediately stick yourself to the ground with a sticky-reel bolt, so you don't float away, and get ready. Buck motions for you to stay quiet.

((Continued later))


Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:36 pm
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm
"HA!" Anabais snorts derisively. "Fukcing calamari. If I didn't have to babysit you bastards I'd nuke their whole colony into a bubbling puddle of shit!"
"I know! I wanted to do that too, but nobody here would listen!"

Move into cover behind the computer (where Brom's arrow is pointing at)
Prepare my gravgun
Keep an eye/ear out for hostiles coming from the east
if I see any of the following coming from that direction:
a) A large (over 2) group of enemies
b) A particularly large and/or imposing enemy
-Quietly alert my squadmates via comms
-See if my gravgun is recharged and, if it is, fire at the enemy (also, make sure that Frank or another squadmate isn't in the projectile's path)
-Otherwise, try and stay hidden behind the computer and ready my baton in case I am attacked in melee
if at any point, an enemy comes into close range, whack it with my baton (max times limited by skill)
Talvieno wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm
"HA!" Anabais snorts derisively. "Fukcing calamari. If I didn't have to babysit you bastards I'd nuke their whole colony into a bubbling puddle of shit!" She cackles madly, and then: "We're outta ammo and shot to hell. We'll do what we can, but it won't be much! And Crank is fukcing useless, so I'm sending him down south to your pampered half. They got the easiest part of this mission, the cheap little pricks. I read the briefing - I bet none of them even fukcing died. CRANK! Make sure to tell them that if they don't step up and play ball, they'll have me to deal with when we get home!" She laughs, but it devolves into an angry roar. "LET'S MOVE!"
"I know!" you enthuse. "I wanted to nuke them too, but nobody here would listen!"

And, still, nobody is listening to you. Brom is shouting orders and stuff, but most people are ignoring him - especially Frank, who takes it upon himself to float up towards the ceiling. For your part, you prepare your gravgun and get into place behind one of the eastern computer towers in the central ring. And then, you wait, checking your gravgun. The feedback on the display says it's already cooled down, and it's just about ready to fire. You just need an opportunity.

You press your back against the computers and strain your ears, listening.

Frank drifts down beside you. You make a motion for him to stop and hold still, as you see a light flicker to life in front of you.

((Continued in next portion))


Buck and Frank
A holoscreen lights up above the gravity core's circular control panel behind the two squadmates. It's a face; a squidface they don't exactly have time to look at. Buck motions for Frank to stay still, and Frank hunkers down, true to character. He's frightfully sure they're going to die. Buck is worried too, but he's going to take as many of them out as he can before he goes.

"This is Kushir Enirata, current Minister of Affairs at colony Huhoba Qitsit," a voice says from the holoscreen. "We had a deal with Tartarus Incorporated that would benefit us both. Why have you betrayed us? Please answer." His image flickers. His head-tentacles drift behind him.

Buck hisses. He doesn't have time for this shit; he's trying to listen. This guy is just causing an unnecessary distraction. Suddenly Buck hears something - something Frank doesn't. He pulls the trigger on his gravgun: it spirals up, pulsating, whirring, rising to a whine and a shriek as it charges up. At the last possible second, Buck steps out of cover. With a powerful thoom his gravity gun belches out a slow-moving pod that escalates into a gravitational singularity, ripping up paving tiles, pebbles, moss, dirt, leaves, twigs - so much more than it ever had before. The nearby stream, glittering under the flashing lights, spirals up into it as the singularity passes over, accelerating into the dim, steamy distance. The pair hear shouts - the gravitational singularity rips three squids out of their hiding places and adds them to the mix, slathering them with mud and debris as they clutch vainly at tree limbs. One of them, barely, manages to hold tight to a branch; Frank takes the opportunity to shoot at him with a crossbow bolt, but the bolt gets jammed and doesn't even leave the weapon. The squid swings his way through the tree and out of view.

"You came under the guise of friendship, but have created strife and bloodshed ever since your arrival. Now you attack our colony. Over fifty thousand souls reside here. Would you put them in danger?"

The singularity explodes in an absolutely amazing cloud of debris; the inside goes faster than the outer layers, which are still collapsing: visually, it looks like the cloud is turning itself inside-out. The two squids in the center of the vortex screech, writhing in agony as their bodies are scratched and torn by fast-flying detritus.

Almost immediately, plasma fire arcs through the air towards the pair from all directions in front of them, and they hunker down further. It's hard to tell where the shots are coming from - from somewhere on the east wing, but from where? The view is such a mess of debris, and neither inmate particularly feels like poking out their neck... This is going to be bad.

The floating head of Kushir Enirata continues. "We cannot allow you to destroy our colony. You are in violation of multiple peace treaties. You will surrender, immediately, or we will disarm you forcefully."

Frank glances at the autohack display: "45% Complete". It's not fast enough. Not by a good margin. He's quite sure things are just about to get much, much worse.


And that's Buck notices the drakehound crouched above Brom on the opposite side of the ring. "BROM! ABOVE YOU!" he shouts - but it's already too late...


Brom and Gene
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm
"Alright, we've got our help coming so let's get moving already and pull our own weight!
We've come this far and we're not going to let a few extra squids scare us off!
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
I've provided a rough plans on our map for you all. Just take a second to look them over.

Buck, you'll be taking the right side of the room. Stay out of sight and behind cover, and try to tether yourself.
You're going to listen and wait until the enemy is right on top of you, and then you're going to jump out and give them a closeup of your Gravgun.
Frank, you'll be there to back him up if needed.
Gene, you'll be taking the left side and will play a similar role to Buck.
I'll be out where the enemy can see me so I'll have their attention.
When I give the signal you're going to shotgun whatever was foolish enough to approach from that side.
If either team can confirm all hostiles on their side dead, they're to move to help out the other half of the squad!"

Move to the spot next to the wall marked with a red arrow and, tether myself to the nearest essentially immovable object and turn to face the room's left opening.

Keep my shield and pistol raised as I watch for enemies, and call out to whomever or whatever might be approaching.

"I'm here you dishonorable fiends! You want a piece of me? Come and get it! I'm not going anywhere!
We could have settled this peacefully, but you just had to bring up your past failures and blame them on me!
Well no more! If you want to live you'll stay at your in of the corridor!"

If any armed (or otherwise dangerous) hostiles enter my line-of-sight, I'll alert my squad to their presence (gene in particular) via comms.
"We've got company, Gene! Open fire and tear them a new one!"
While I speak, take aim and fire at the nearest exposed (and potentially dangerous) hostile.
If the first shot fails to take it down, fire again before switching to the next available target.
Fire a maximum of two shots at the second target. If it goes down on the first I will reload, switch to a third target and fire a final shot before retreating into cover.
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 pm
Hema wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm
Gene, you'll be taking the left side and will play a similar role to Buck.
I'll be out where the enemy can see me so I'll have their attention.
When I give the signal you're going to shotgun whatever was foolish enough to approach from that side.
Move into cover behind the left side of the room (as indicated by the map)
prepare my shotgun and machine pistol for firing,
and tether myself to the wall.
If I see hostiles approaching my position:
Break cover if need be,
shoot once at each of them if there are two or more,
or shoot no more than twice at them with my shotgun if there is one,
then reload.
If no enemies manifest themselves, stay covered.
As Brom shouts orders, both he and Gene push off nearby walls, drifting through the steamy air towards their respective cover points. Both are dealing with almost intolerable levels of pain. It's good for Gene especially that they're presently in zero-G, otherwise he'd probably collapse trying to walk. Instead, the coagulants have mostly kicked in at this point; he leaves only a small trail of blood droplets behind him, floating in space as they tumble gently after.

Gene switches between both his weapons and makes sure they're loaded, finally settling on the shotgun. Then he, and Brom, tether themselves to nearby equipment and tighten the lines to their belts to make sure they don't drift away. Everything's set up for a massive final battle as the clock ticks down... but you're not even sure you're going to survive.

Brom switches to his pistol, hunkers down behind his shield, and yells out into their wing of the building, his voice muffled by his helmet: "I'm HERE, you dishonorable fiends! It's me, BROM KEEGAN! You want a piece of me? Come and get it! I'm not going ANYWHERE! We could've settled this peacefully, but -"

His voice is interrupted by a thunderous roar, one so loud that it causes their knees to shake and sends shivers down their spines. Their palms, inside their suits, begin to grow moist with sweat.

Gunfire erupts behind them; they hear the telltale whine and thudding screech from Buck's gravity gun. They hear a voice speaking behind them, too, but don't see where it's coming from. ((they hear what Frank and Buck hear))

Before them, hidden behind the trees at the edge of the small pond enshrouded in darkness at the edge of their vision, a shadow flickers and vanishes.

"What was that?"

The question goes unanswered. A dark shape flashes against the far wall, dimly lit - too fast to be sure of what it is; it disappears toward the ceiling of the corner segment of the building, out of view. Before it goes, Brom fires two shots to try to kill it. The gunshots echo loudly, but the bullets don't find a target.


Nothing happens.


Gene and Brom glance at each other; neither of them have any idea what they saw... but they know it wasn't just another drake.

Another target appears - closer, on the left - this time on the path and most definitely a drakehound. Brom fires a shot, but it misses because the drake is moving much too fast. Gene steps out of cover and fires a blast with his shotgun; the sound echoes thunderously in the quiet hall. Unfortunately, they completely lost the target; it went out of view. It could be anywhere now. Back in cover now, Gene kneels and reloads his shotgun.

"BROM, ABOVE YOU!" Buck shouts - and Brom looks up, but it's too late: a drakehound is practically on top of him. He tries to fire his pistol, but it's empty. The monster hisses gutterally, swiping at Brom with its claws; Brom only just barely manages to block with his shield. It prepares to leap down behind him and attack. It looks gaunt and hungry - it would probably like a taste.



Comms:
"GOD DAMN, I HATE these fukcing bastards!" Anabais sounds considerably less ... "happy" than usual. "... All right, babies, Mekkin's ship is scrap, so he's coming down to lend a hand. CRANK! Get your fukcing ass in gear and double back here! And you on the ground - you have incoming! I hope you're ready for this shit, because everything's going to hell!"



Squad Beta:
Caleb, Bob, Ishmael, and Saoirse
Spoiler:      SHOW
Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:42 pm
"Oh hey guys, this is a human ship! We can just let someone fly it instead of Caleb's casket... if we can get it open, it's locked."
*light bulb appears over my head*
I take out my PDA and use it to make an electrical scan of the locking mechanism of the ship.
Then I analyse the circuitry and use my electro amp to pour a bit of current in the correct circuit to make the ship unlock.

If unsuccessful in unlocking the ship, I very reluctantly ask Gearhead for help, and send him the data from the electrical scans when asked to.

I don't like him, but getting Caleb back safely is more important...

Once the ship is open, go help Ishmael and Bob get Caleb in the ship with application of gentle 0.5 g upwards gravity fields, if needed.
I also give Caleb the remainder of his meds back.
Then I hobble back to my ship and get in.
If Bob did not manage to attach the box to his CASKET, I fly over to where he left it, land and get out.
Then I put the box in my cargo pod (if there still is room) or attach it to my CASKET using the netting and electromagnets.
Then I get back in my ship and lift off again.

If everyone is ready, I start flying back towards the Nemesis with Caleb.
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:05 pm
"Oh hey Caleb, glad you're awake!"
I give him a wave from where I'm standing
"Ah, I borrowed your meds, I wasn't sure when you would wake up.
As far as I know, you got blown up by that Hiltorel fighter, and Gearhead patched you up and used anti shock meds.
I used a coag on you, myself and Ishmael, and painkillers on you and myself. I'll give you the leftovers in a minute, and I can pay you back those 2 syringes I used when we're back from mission if you want.
For the rest, we're done here, so we're gonna steal this ship for you and go back. Do you think you can fly?"
((Tal says you can))
"Hey Bob! You're the strongest, can you come and help us give friend Caleb a hand that he can get in this ship so we can get out of here?"
outlander wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:06 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:42 pm
"Oh hey guys, this is a human ship! We can just let someone fly it instead of Caleb's casket... if we can get it open, it's locked."
"Our Esteemed Engineer here should be able to force the lock...right, Gearhead? And then we should be able to carry Caleb into one of the ships."

"Caleb, I am glad you are all right. The Lord is not ready to invite you to his feast just yet. By His endless mercy, you shall live on. I shall help you into one of the civilian ships, so don't worry. Our mission here is about done, and it's time for us to start heading back to the Nemesis."

Fly towards where Caleb is,
and carefully land near the entry into the nacelle.
Exit the CASKET.
See if any of the dead squids who were manning (squidding?) AA turrets still have a working antigrav belt.
IF such a belt is found, take it and put it on Caleb, and turn it on.


Use my Gravity Amp to reduce gravity along the path Bob and Caleb take to the ship (up to three times; chain the low-g areas if needed instead of trying to make one big area).
IF needed, help Bob to carry Caleb to the ship.
Help Caleb into the ship, if needed.

Walk around and look for interesting and Noodly stuff.
IF any stuff is found, put it into the nacelle somewhere safe.
Check if civilian ships have magnetic clamps.


((edited))
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:03 am
I shake my head a bit, trying to wake up fully. Apparently I was unconcious for a while there, but I can hardly remember anything- which is unfortunate, because it feels like I forgot something important. Typical.

Then I remember what my legs looked like.

Oh sweet FSM, I'm pretty badly fukced up. At least I'm not quite dead yet. I pull the syringe out of my suit- no need damaging the thing accidentally later on- and call out on my radio.

"Ugh...okay, thanks, Ishmael. What the hell happened to me? I feel like I got run over by a truck, and I don't think I can walk...and where the hell are all my meds? Did we seriously use them all?!"

Wait, why am I thanking him? The lazy bastard didn't even bother coming out of the nacelle! I quickly decide to remedy my error.

"Also, thanks, guys, for making sure I was going to wake up, it felt really nice to see your smiling faces looking over me!"

A part of my brain realizes I'm being somewhat of a dick, but my thoughts are too chaotic from pain, shock, and blood loss for me to really care too much at the moment. I can apologize once I feel less dismembered. Though someone did apparently give me a shot of the good stuff, since I'm not screaming in agony...ugh, I hate myself sometimes.

I sigh. "Okay, sorry. Whoever gave me the meds, thanks- you probably saved my life. I'm just a bit out of it right now..."

When Bob helps me up, I hang on to him, attempting to not cause myself more pain than I already will be in. When he brings me to a ship, I thank him, strap in, familiarize myself with the controls, take off, and start flying towards the Nemesis, sticking to the canyons.
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:17 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:05 pm
"Oh hey Caleb, glad you're awake!"
I give him a wave from where I'm standing
"Ah, I borrowed your meds, I wasn't sure when you would wake up.
As far as I know, you got blown up by that Hiltorel fighter, and Gearhead patched you up and used anti shock meds.
I used a coag on you, myself and Ishmael, and painkillers on you and myself. I'll give you the leftovers in a minute, and I can pay you back those 2 syringes I used when we're back from mission if you want.
For the rest, we're done here, so we're gonna steal this ship for you and go back. Do you think you can fly?"
((Tal says you can))
"Hey Bob! You're the strongest, can you come and help us give friend Caleb a hand that he can get in this ship so we can get out of here?"
Bob help! bob best help!
Jimmy says Jimmy also help :D

Oh and Soairse-Boss, Bob put box in Casket but now Bob think no more place for Bob, maybe Saoirse-Boss should get box?

Walk over to Caleb, help him in the ship.
Walk back to my casket, take the box out and put it on the ground next to my casket, try to attach it to the cargo-net on my casket, otherwise tell Soairse where the box is and that she can come and get it.
Enter my casket and prepare everything for takeoff.
((You guys are doing great RP and I'm loving it. :D ))
Saoirse pulls out her PDA and, after, selecting the proper settings, does an electrical scan of a nearby ship's locking mechanism. After her PDA analyzes it and figures out how it works, she uses her electrical amp to pour a very precise current into the mechanism at the exact location suggested by her PDA - and just like that, the ship's door unlocks and opens with a hiss.

Ishmael soon lands nearby Caleb and gets out of his CASKET. "Caleb," he begins magnificently as ever, "I am glad you are all right. The Lord is not ready to invite you to his feast just yet. By His endless mercy, you shall live on. I shall help you into one of the civilian ships, so don't worry. Our mission here is about done, and it's time for us to start heading back to the Nemesis."

"Ugh, okay. Thanks, Ishmael," Caleb mutters. "What the hell even happened to me? I feel like I got run over by a truck, and I don't think I can walk... and where the hell are all my meds? Did we seriously use them all?!"

Saoirse pipes up, while Ishmael climbs out of his ship. "Ah, I borrowed your meds, I wasn't sure when you would wake up," she explains. "As far as I know, you got blown up by that Hiltorel fighter, and Gearhead patched you up and used anti shock meds."

"Hmph," Caleb grunts, trying to move to take his his meds back. He can't. Not much surprise there. Saoirse walks over to him and hands them back. He snatches them away and grumbles sarcastically, "Thanks for making sure I was going to wake up. It felt really nice to see your smiling face looking over me!" Saoirse feels a little bad at this, but she also feels like he's overreacting and like what she did was justified.

Caleb, on the other hand, feels like he got run over by a truck, and realizes he's being something of a dick (probably because he feels like he got run over by a truck), so he apologizes. Thankfully. Otherwise everyone would've hated him forever, probably. Nobody loves Caleb, after all. It's a miserable life, being a soldier. Nevertheless, life goes on - especially as Bob just showed up. It's hard to be mad at Bob. Bob is good boss, after all.

He strolls up with Jimmy in tow - under his arm, as is par for the course. "Bob help! Bob best help! ...Jimmy says Jimmy also help!"


And so Operation Rescue Caleb begins. It's an unusually odd operation. Mostly because nobody really acts like they like Caleb in the first place. Caleb feels almost like, if this was a movie and not real life, there would be a chance of it becoming a long-running gag. Fortunately, the pain in his legs (which is already rapidly subsiding thanks to the painkillers) causes him to quickly forget about it, and the thought never enters his head again.


Bob picks up Caleb and easily lifts him into the air with minimal effort. Immediately following this, as Bob starts carrying Caleb off to a new vehicle, Ishmael gets the bright idea into his head to lower the gravity, not taking into account that, when intended to be used in precise ways, the gravity field manipulator is rather messy. Bob and Caleb, best friends forever, feel themselves lifted up into the sky. Things quickly turn, as advertised, rather messy.

As the pair flies into the sky (a few meters up, anyway), Bob loses hold of Caleb - and Jimmy! - and the three fly in different directions. Quickly, skillfully, Ishmael attempts to catch Caleb before he splats on the ground with some decent success - but at the total cost of Bob, who actually does splat on the ground (and seriously messes up his left hand and wrist to the point he can't use the hand at all. Thanks Ishmael! May the FSM bless you with his spaghetti tentacles!). Jimmy also splats on the ground, farther away. Bob scrambles to get him and then scrambles back towards Caleb, just to get hit with another gravity field and go sliding across the dusty ground, kicking up a small cloud of dust. Bob is visibly disgruntled and shouts about it, and Ishmael finally relents, letting Bob pick Caleb back up, again, and carry Caleb to a ship.

Caleb straps in, familiarizes himself with the controls (they're labeled in hiltorel, but the layout is a human one, and very easy to understand), and takes off. Meanwhile, Bob goes back to his CASKET and secures the box with the documents in the aux slot, and Ishmael walks around, looking for interesting and/or noodly stuff. He finds a few things - mostly in the form of open boxes and such - and sticks them in the nacelle. He ponders the idea of moving over some of the civilian ships, but they don't have magnetic clamps on them, which means they'd get thrown about when the Nemesis takes off.


At this point, Ishmael is wandering around, Bob is sitting in his cockpit, and Caleb is headed back towards the Nemesis. Saoirse has also gotten back to her ship and started flying home, too.



Gearhead
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:42 pm
outlander wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:38 pm
"Gearhead, esteemed engineer? I have a small request for you, if it is not to your inconvenience."
"I think i dont have enough materials for that. I could need a hand or two with taking apart this AA gun, though."

look for an "off" switch on the suspiciously warm power core and put it into a state that doesnt lead to it becoming even more warm
put the fire control computer and the secured power core into the storage netting on my unused aux mount

if saoirse asks for support ((im just going to assume that something's at least a bit burned if that happens))
-get over while trying to suppress a smug grin
-"What did you do? You did some scans earlier, throw me the data please."
-use my own PDA to try and hack the locking mechanism, using saoirse's scans and new ones to check on progress
-if i manage to get the cockpit open try to get an overview over the ship's functioning (incorporating what i've learned from the flak controls) and share that knowledge with caleb

if nothing comes from saoirse
-take a good, careful look on how the barrel assembly comes apartthere's gotta be some dust cover over a couple of field coil segments and some high power plasma source assembly at the end. Or at least that would make sense to me
-take those barrels apart, carefully
-put the disassembled barrel parts to the already stored components
You look for an off switch on the suspiciously warm power core. It isn't long before you find something of the sort, hidden underneath a little access panel. It'll take some time to cool, so you'll check on it later to make sure it's actually cooling. For now, you put it and the fire control computer into your storage netting on the unused aux mount to carry it back home.

Then you take a long, solid look at the barrel assembly of the already-half-scrapped turret skeleton. You look on the inside... on the outside... on the front, back, underneath, where it attaches, all that good stuff... and come to the conclusion that this is probably a two-person job. You do think, though, that you can take some of the guts out of the stuff surrounding the barrel - namely, the coils, which "unsnap" and come apart in multiple pieces, and a few other related devices which you soon take over to the rest of the components in your aux slot. You're out of space now, though, and forced to leave some of the smaller pieces behind. The netting doesn't really work that well as a makeshift cargo pod.



Everyone
"Uh, heyo," someone calls loudly over the comms. It sounds like his mouth is too close to the microphone, and he almost sounds muffled. "Eh, you should be able to hear me now, yaha? Crank here, part of Platoon 754 - the real REKT squad!" He laughs, then stammers, and starts back, "Yaha, so, Anabais wanted me to tell you guys to get your asses in gear! She needs you guys up there lickety-split! Your pals are dying up here, and trust me, Anabais isn't a gal you wanna cross!"


((ALL PLAYERS: COMM CHATTER IS PERMITTED BETWEEN ALPHA AND BETA WITH CRANK'S CASKET ACTING AS A RELAY))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#795
By FSM's tender meatballs...

"Saoirse, esteemed warrior, have you heard it? Our help is needed. I shall escort Caleb to the Nemesis, and deliver our prisoner...somebody has to do it, right? I shall re-join you in the fight later."

Madly dash around, collecting more interesting / noodly stuff from debris / corpses / civilian ships.
Stuff large stuff (if found) into aux slots on my CASKET.
Stuff small stuff (if found) into my backpack.


Board my CASKET.
Take off and fly towards the CASKET that holds the prisoner.
Use my PSI Unit to help me positioning my ship exactly on top of the CASKET with the prisoner.
Gently pick the CASKET up using my magnetic clamps; use PSI unit to help the process, IF it is needed.
Use the tentacle to help the process, if needed.
Wrap the tentacle around both ships for better structural integrity.


IF CASKET recovery is successful,
Fly towards Nemesis.


IF attacked:
- use PSI unit to help dodging;
- quickly lower my altitude to 1 metre or so
- AND release the CASKET I'm transporting.
THEN continue evading.
Last edited by outlander on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: Hapchazzard and 1 guest

cron