Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am
Remind me at ~1800GMT, when im hopefully back home from work :D
Regretfully, I am still a Human 2.0 that has - as opposed to the current version Human 4.0 - only have internet access when I am at home or at work (but then, I am supposed to work). Therefore I was not online at 18gmt.

Perhaps this late reminder will find you during the week end and sitting in front of an adequate device? :mrgreen:

Thanks for your help btw :thumbup:

CSE wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 am
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Regretfully, I am still a Human 2.0 that has - as opposed to the current version Human 4.0 - only have internet access when I am at home or at work (but then, I am supposed to work). Therefore I was not online at 18gmt.

Perhaps this late reminder will find you during the week end and sitting in front of an adequate device? :mrgreen:

All fine, didnt get home until 04:00gmt next day so i couldnt have done anything anyway :ghost:

Going to get you a good shot (or the whole file if you want) in a moment

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:43 am
CSE wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:55 am
Cornflakes_91 wrote:

All fine, didnt get home until 04:00gmt next day so i couldnt have done anything anyway :ghost:

Going to get you a good shot (or the whole file if you want) in a moment
A good shot, good sir.

The whole file has probably enough Gigas to blow my Human 2.0 absence of Cloud storage :lol:

Does that mean I shouldn't lock the thread? I'm a few days late in doing so. :D And I think there's some other stuff I need to check up on in here too.

In the meantime, shinies!
Spoiler:      SHOW
REKT campaign current location is on the rightmost planet, the one with the tenuous atmosphere.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Does that mean I shouldn't lock the thread? I'm a few days late in doing so. :D And I think there's some other stuff I need to check up on in here too.

In the meantime, shinies!
REKT campaign current location is on the rightmost planet, the one with the tenuous atmosphere.
Not yet! I had to junk my story because I wasn't happy with it, but this second one is much better! I'll be done by Friday night :squirrel:

HowSerendipitous:
Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing it! :)

On a slightly different note: CSE won the prize for LTFC, so he gets a $30 voucher. I believe I'm a month late in announcing that. :oops: I honestly thought it was clear from how the votes tallied up, but there's been no mention of it here that I can see, so I figure I ought to say it aloud, just in case.

CSE:
Thanks! :D The scale is approximately log(real scale)2. Makes it easy to fit things on a screen and still be visible. :D The whole thing has heavy Photoshop bloom/editing with a massive custom macro (almost 100 different things it does, iirc) so that I can put out a lot of star systems in a short period of time, whenever I need it. All I have to do is position planets, adjust star brightness, run it through the Photoshop macro to add stuff, and voila! :)

Here's how it looks before the photoshop stuff:

The planets are far trickier - or, at least, the ones with atmospheres are. Atmospheres are tough. :P Nanyej, where the current mission is taking place:
The planet surface itself is pulled from Space Engine - they have a great planet builder/export feature. I still have to do some photoshop editing afterwards though. :D
Last edited by Talvieno on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

:oops:

Thanks. I won by a huge relative margin - my closest competitor have only 50% of the votes that I got.
Alternative boasting line: woawww, that was so close. The competition was so fierce, I barely got one single vote more than my colleagues.
Seriously: i guess the one vote is in the margin of error. Nice entries, guys!

Anyway, thanks to Talv, the voters, and the provider of the prize!

On another topic: you mean space engineers, the game?
I really should get Photoshop...

Talvieno wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:44 pm
HowSerendipitous:
Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing it! :)

On a slightly different note: CSE won the prize for LTFC, so he gets a $30 voucher. I believe I'm a month late in announcing that. :oops: I honestly thought it was clear from how the votes tallied up, but there's been no mention of it here that I can see, so I figure I ought to say it aloud, just in case.

CSE:
Thanks! :D The scale is approximately log(real scale)2. Makes it easy to fit things on a screen and still be visible. :D The whole thing has heavy Photoshop bloom/editing with a massive custom macro (almost 100 different things it does, iirc) so that I can put out a lot of star systems in a short period of time, whenever I need it. All I have to do is position planets, adjust star brightness, run it through the Photoshop macro to add stuff, and voila! :)

Here's how it looks before the photoshop stuff:

The planets are far trickier - or, at least, the ones with atmospheres are. Atmospheres are tough. :P Nanyej, where the current mission is taking place:
The planet surface itself is pulled from Space Engine - they have a great planet builder/export feature. I still have to do some photoshop editing afterwards though. :D
That's an interesting way to generate planets, I didn't realise Photoshop could do macros... Maybe it's because my copy is sooooooooo oooooooooooooold.

I used to use Lunarcell to generate planets in Photoshop, though that all changed when I got Vue :squirrel:

Online Now