Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm
"I told y'all NOT TO LOOK AT 'EM, and now who knows what the hell kind o' squid sorcery they threw at you! Quick, kill 'em all before they do anything else! And I swear, if any of ya start growing tentacles, I'm runnin' back to my ship, nukin' this stupid establishment and callin' it a day."
*Fumbling around half-blind*
"The only thing growing tentacles here is your imagination!"

*mumbling*
"Though I have to admit that you did it right this time..."

How did the saying go...'a blind squirrel sometimes find a nut too'? Or is it a mad squirrel in this case...? No...*annoyed* more like 'The almost blind, idiotic squirrel has better chances than four fully blind idiots...
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Cha0zz wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:06 am
Uuuuuh Bob stuck.
Jimmy left Bob.
Bob sad now.
Bob-boss bad boss.
*sob*
looks sideways at what Bob has gotten himself into now
sighs internally

I dismiss the shield around Bob and his new Hiltorel friend
"Bob, you're supposed to stay outside of the shield..."

"Caleb, Gearhead, how are things going there?"

(( other actions to follow after discussion ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Try to move again

"Bob free."
"BOB FREE!"

Giggle, pick up Jimmy and give the squid I was attacking earlier a hug.

Remember who I'm hugging and put him back down and look wearily at him.
"Sorry for breaking arm, bob thought you kill Saoirse-Boss."

Take back my crowbar.

"No more fighting ok?"

when/if it looks like I'm going to be attacked:
- find cover
- fend off enemies with my crowbar (or fists if I don't have my crowbar, do not exceed attack limit)
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Dinosawer wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 am
"Caleb, Gearhead, how are things going there?"
"Poorly! Very poorly! I think those bastards killed Gearhead! If you guys are done in there and think you can shoot down some ships, come on out here and help, please! I can't do this by myself!"

I run over to check on Gearhead, hoping fervently that he's still alive. If we just lost a man...and because of me...

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm
"I told y'all NOT TO LOOK AT 'EM, and now who knows what the hell kind o' squid sorcery they threw at you! Quick, kill 'em all before they do anything else! And I swear, if any of ya start growing tentacles, I'm runnin' back to my ship, nukin' this stupid establishment and callin' it a day."
"It's a simple flash grenade, Buck. You of all people should know that.
You did manage to make yourself useful however and prevent some of us from being killed, so I'll let it slide.
I expect better behavior from one who claims to have been a general in the past though."
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 2:28 pm
"Shit, my arm's dead. Gene, Brom, could I borrow one of your pistols 'til I get it working again?"
"Seriously? Another injury to that arm? What do you have in there, a magnet?
Fine, you can have it! But I want it back when you're done, and there had better not be a scratch on it!"
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:21 am
"Brom, I'd be willing to lend you my machine pistol while Vynkor's got your sidearm. Be mindful, though - she kicks hard when you pull the trigger.
"Thank you, Gene. I really didn't want to go without my shield.
If enemy numbers allow, it'll have dozens of kills by the end of the mission. I've had just about all I can stand of these morons.
By the way, you may want to hold onto Vynka's Lasgun if she's unable to fix up her shield arm."

"Now if we're all finished rubbing our eyes and being embarrassments in general, we can get back to work!
They've been given a chance to surrender and they refused, so we'll not be holding anything back!
Buck, you're the only one capable of flushing them out of cover, so it's time to charge up your grav gun.
We're going to make it look like a fighter flew through here.
While you do that, I'll give Vynka my pistol since she's so fond of using that arm as a shield.
*grasp chest painfully* *Cough*
If we've got time, those injured can get patched up. Those freaks got me in the chest, so I may need some tending to of my own.
But patched up or not, as soon as Buck's projectile explodes we're moving in!"

"Buck! Move forwards and splatter those slimy bastards!
Everyone else move back in the meantime! Vynka, I'm coming to you!
If someone could tape up my suit while we wait on Buck, I'd appreciate it.
Get in position and be ready to charge after Buck fires!!"

Accept Gene's machine pistol when it's offered, then run back to Vynka and hand her my semiauto pistol.
If she tries to treat my injuries, give her the time she needs to do so.
Once Vynka is finished, pull out Gene's machine pistol and my shield, and wait in cover behind Buck.

((For use if Buck's attack kills the remaining squids))
Should the remaining enemies be eliminated, I will cautiously make my way to the back of the building.
If I'm either attacked or I spot an enemy, I'll get into cover and then fire off a burst at the most visible of the available hostiles.
If there are more targets after the first burst, I will reload and attack in the same manner. I will do this no more than three times (for a total of four shots)
If all hostiles are eliminated, I will continue onward towards the back of the complex (and once again get into cover if I sense danger.)

((For use if Buck fails to wipe out the squids))
Should anything survive Buck's assault, I will stay in cover and fire a burst at the most visible hostile available.
If the target fails to go down or there are more, I will reload and fire again in the same manner. I will do this no more than three times (for a total of four).
Only when everything is dead will I proceed to our objective.
Last edited by Hema on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:01 pm
"Poorly! Very poorly! I think those bastards killed Gearhead! If you guys are done in there and think you can shoot down some ships, come on out here and help, please! I can't do this by myself!"
"I feel that the Lord is not done with him - yet. Gearhead, come in?"

((Sorry Tal, I just had to present player knowledge as divine guidance - at least once :ghost: ))
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Hema wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:06 pm
"Seriously? Another injury to that arm? What do you have in there, a magnet?
"Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe left is just an accursed direction?"
Hema wrote:
Fine, you can have it! But I want it back when you're done, and there had better not be a scratch on it!"
"No promises. Hey, don't forget to leave a couple of extra magazines."
Hema wrote:
If someone could tape up my suit while we wait on Buck
"If it's tape you want, you know where to find it."

I put my lasgun down.
I examine my arm to see what's wrong with it and whether it's operable in the field.
When Brom comes over to give me his pistol, I patch his suit using my aid kit, fortified by duct tape as appropriate.
After the gravgun event:
I follow the rest of the squad, trailing by a few meters and travelling from cover to cover.
I fire no more than three times at any remaining hostiles.
At the end of the turn: If I've fired, I reload.
Last edited by 0111narwhalz on Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:00 pm
((Your gravgun has indeed recharged.))
((Nice!))

"Well, why are y'all so sure that the grenade wasn't enchanted by some kind o' squid-magic sorcery either? Trust me, them squids are much more devious than y'all think! I wouldn't be surprised if that 'flashbang' wasn't just some kind o' optical illusion designed to distract us! Anyways, they're done botherin' us."

Attempts to menacingly cock his gravgun

"Step aside! Time to get this shit over with!"

Wait for my allies to get out of my gravgun's harm's way
Aim my gravgun so that the projectile passes roughly through the center of the room, so that I catch as many squids as possible in it's AOE
if there is no great risk to me or my allies if I fire the gravgun, fire it
Get back in cover if I was forced to leave it
if at any point a squid dares charge us, quickly take my baton and smack it (max times limited by skill)
(From this point onward, I won't put "don't look squids in the eyes" in my actions anymore since Tal can assume that I'm reflexively doing that always (for better or for worse, i.e. I'll be doing it even if it might get me in trouble/get me roll penalties)
Last edited by Hapchazzard on Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Brom, I'd be willing to lend you my machine pistol while Vynkor's got your sidearm. Be mindful, though - she kicks hard when you pull the trigger.
As for your arm wound, Vynkor, I could probably patch it up so it's at least working - my own medical incompetence notwithstanding, of course."

Offer my machine pistol to Brom, ensuring that it is loaded and ready for fire. If he declines, mutter something under my breath and holster the weapon,
then attempt to treat Vynkor's arm injuries.
Following that, draw and load my shotgun and take cover behind Buck's position as he fires the gravgun.
Once the gravgun has been fired, tail Brom carefully and fire no more than two shots at any hostiles.
Reload at the end of the turn if I've fired.

Buck wrote:
"Well, why are y'all so sure that the grenade wasn't enchanted by some kind o' squid-magic sorcery either? Trust me, them squids are much more devious than y'all think! I wouldn't be surprised if that 'flashbang' wasn't just some kind o' optical illusion designed to distract us! Anyways, they're done botherin' us."
*groan*

Cryo was not gentle on him....

*Sarcastic snarking*
"That's easy, Buck! Because I had lessons by many mighty wizards and am fully capable to protect us from such petty curses even without a staff! So fear not."

Scramble back into cover out of the GravGun's area of influence
Keep the head down until after the GravGun was fired
If squids are gone
-get my Stellaplex-harness
-pick up the meelee-weapon Brom was attacked with and look it over (see if I can use it)
-"Much as I'd prefer a staff or something...better to have something usable at hand..."
-strap it to my backpack
-move back into the stream into the greenery in the corner and take a peek to the left side of the room
If another grenade comes flying
-get hell away into better cover! D:
If squids or drakehounds are spotted
-get into cover
-shoot hostile, armed squid or drakes with tranqus (2 max for the turn)
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now