Return to “Games”

Age of Wonders: Planetfall

Looks like Paradox will be publishing a new game from the makers of the fantasy Age of Wonders series.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall is an interesting twist on the science fiction RTS/4X theme. In this game, a galactic civilization has fallen, and as the leader of a Dark Age faction stuck on one planet it's up to you to lead your culture to victory, learning as you go the nature and fate of your former alien overlords.

Sound interesting?
Re: Age of Wonders: Planetfall

Blergh, silly forum ate my post.

I didn't find them much like Civilisation to be honest, In the first game the cities were already placed, you could only upgrade them, raze them or rebuild them. Or kill the entire population and move in someone you liked better..... Bye bye orcs! :twisted: Population sizes were fixed, so a size 1 village would always be size 1 and only be able to build basic units. I think they changed that in the second and third games, but it's been a while.

I always found they were more concerned with killing your enemies than building cities... Still, it's a good series and worth playing. I'll watch this with interest :twisted:

Online Now