Return to “Everything & Anything”

Re: Rocket Lunches

Speaking of things that rockets have lunched, I've really been enjoying this constantly-updated GIF image from the new GOES-EAST satellite.

I started watching it a week or so before Hurricane Florence formed, and it was amazing to watch it take shape and move west. You can also see the huge masses of fine Saharan dust that collect in giant circles and trudge westward.

Satellite tech is awesome.

That last picture, was it something you could see with your bare eye or something that was captured by long exposure on your camera? Because if the latter is already cool, the former would be absolutely awesome. It may sound like a stupid question, but with all of these photography tricks and filters, you never know...

Flagon_15 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:43 am
That last picture, was it something you could see with your bare eye or something that was captured by long exposure on your camera? Because if the latter is already cool, the former would be absolutely awesome. It may sound like a stupid question, but with all of these photography tricks and filters, you never know...
It was with my phone camera. It actually looked more spectacular in person, if you can believe it. My phone camera doesn't like low light very much.

Online Now