Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hema wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 pm
"I ate monsters like these for breakfast back on Crius IV. Literally!
We're not going to stopped by the likes of creatures as pathetically tame and weak as these!
Buck, be prepared to fire as soon as I'm out of the way. I'm going to back out of the building and shotgun one of these abominations in the face."
"Retreatin' again, huh. No problem, I'll gladly take 'em out if you can't!"

Dinosawer wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm
"Gearhead, this one seems broken. If we don't have enough hooks, can you see if it's fixable?"
"Sure thing Sweetheart. I'll happily take a look at any bits of yours that arent as ... firm... as you want them to be"

"I've also heard some weird noise, could have been engines. Prepare for some more company soon"

get over to saoirse, admire her bits, and get to work on fixing up the hook
if the repair is successful and she still needs a hook, help her attaching the repaired hook

Holy fukc did Frank ever do a number on this thing. Just what I needed: more trouble on top of my own. Well, let's see if things can get better at least.

"My CASKET isn't as bad as advertised, but it's still pretty banged up. Did someone do some repairs on this thing?
In any case, I'll probably do some repairs of my own, or at least try to do so. That repair kit's coming in pretty handy right about now."

Proceed to the auxiliary slot where the repair kit is stowed,
retrieve it,
then try to repair the CASKET, prioritizing the thrusters.
If at any time I am attacked:
Roar "get the hell out of here, I'm already having a terrible fukcing day" at them,
blast the hostile no more than twice with my shotgun,
then reload.

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 pm
"My CASKET isn't as bad as advertised, but it's still pretty banged up. Did someone do some repairs on this thing?
In any case, I'll probably do some repairs of my own, or at least try to do so. That repair kit's coming in pretty handy right about now."
"Yeah, I took a crack at it. It'll fly, but you'll probably be pulling the cables yourself. Also your hacking thingies and comms are thoroughly scrapped."
I think for a moment.
"And, uh, keep an eye on the coolant pressure. There's probably a leak but I couldn't confirm it."

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 am
Hema wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 pm
"I ate monsters like these for breakfast back on Crius IV. Literally!
We're not going to stopped by the likes of creatures as pathetically tame and weak as these!
Buck, be prepared to fire as soon as I'm out of the way. I'm going to back out of the building and shotgun one of these abominations in the face."
"Retreatin' again, huh. No problem, I'll gladly take 'em out if you can't!"
"What makes you think you'd have the skill and experience to take these out in a close-quarters fight, Buck?
Last I checked, all you have to fight them half the time is a plasma baton, and that's not enough to fell beasts like these.
They're not going to back off because you caused them a bit of pain, you have to kill them outright.
If you still think you can do better, then by all means. Next time we encounter such creatures, you can go in alone and get your ass kicked.
For now though, I'd prefer it if you just stuck to the plan so we can finish our objective.

That said, I want the rest of you to listen up!
I'm going to back out of the building. I'll try to eliminate one of the creatures as I go.
Should I be unable to kill it (which is unlikely), Buck can fire off a shot from his gravgun provided it's had time to recharge.
After the shot explodes, we will all rush into the building and towards our objective.
Buck, if your gun is still recharging, let us know. Don't just stand there and keep it to yourself.
If Buck is not yet able to fire, we will charge in and kill everything as a team.
No if anyone has anything they'd like add, do it quickly."

Quickly but carefully back towards the the entrance of the gravplant while keeping my shield trained on the creature number one.
As I move, holster my pistol and pull out my shotgun. Do not let go of the shield yet.
When I'm about to clear the airshield, put away my riot shield (throw it towards my CASKET if that's faster), and fire twice into the nearest combat-capable enemy. Do not stop to fire.
After firing, get to a safe distance in case Buck decides to use his gravgun and reload (also pick up my shield if I threw it)
If he fires, wait until his shot explodes, then run into the building and fire twice into any enemy left alive.
Last edited by Hema on Wed May 02, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 pm
"What makes you think you'd have the skill and experience to take these out in a close-quarters fight, Buck?
Last I checked, all you have to fight them half the time is a plasma baton, and that's not enough to fell beasts like these.
"The baton's enough if it's in skillful hands such as these - ain't my fault you wouldn't know how to use it properly!"
Hema wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 1:28 pm
They're not going to back off because you caused them a bit of pain, you have to kill them outright.
If you still think you can do better, then by all means. Next time we encounter such creatures, you can go in alone and get your ass kicked.
For now though, I'd prefer it if you just stuck to the plan so we can finish our objective.

That said, I want the rest of you to listen up!
I'm going to back out of the building. I'll try to eliminate one of the creatures as I go.
Should I be unable to kill it (which is unlikely), Buck can fire off a shot from his gravgun provided it's had time to recharge.
After the shot explodes, we will all rush into the building and towards our objective.
Buck, if your gun is still recharging, let us know. Don't just stand there and keep it to yourself.
If Buck is not yet able to fire, we will charge in and kill everything as a team.
No if anyone has anything they'd like add, do it quickly."

((I'll get my actions up in just a minute.))
"Well, I remember you quakin' in fear at the sight of these green things and tellin' us to make a break for it! I was just followin' yer orders, as usual, otherwise I would've beat the livin' shit out of them things! Anyways, gun's loaded and ready. Waitin' for yer signal! Or wait, am I the one who has to give the signal?"

Glances at the second entrance

Ponderously: "Wait, why dun we just go through the other door? Them squids will never be expectin' that!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:12 pm

"Well, I remember you quakin' in fear at the sight of these green things and tellin' us to make a break for it! I was just followin' yer orders, as usual, otherwise I would've beat the livin' shit out of them things! Anyways, gun's loaded and ready. Waitin' for yer signal! Or wait, am I the one who has to give the signal?"

Ponderously: "Wait, why dun we just go through the other door? Them squids will never be expectin' that!"
"You give the signal, Buck. I trust that you'll wait until we're out of the way to call your shot.
It shouldn't be a problem for someone who could take those monsters single-handedly with a stick.

Do you seriously mean to tell me that you don't know? The squids will have turrets on that side as well. And the creatures can just as easily move to that side."
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:25 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:12 pm

"You give the signal, Buck. I trust that you'll wait until we're out of the way to call your shot.
It shouldn't be a problem for someone who could take those monsters single-handedly with a stick.

Do you seriously mean to tell me that you don't know? The squids will have turrets on that side as well. And the creatures can just as easily move to that side."
Shakes head and sighs: "Whatever, partner, we'll have it yer way. Next time it's my turn to be team leader, though!"

Go towards the door until I get to a position from which I can shoot inside without too much difficulty
Wait until everyone gets out of the path of my gravgun's projectile
When that happens
-"Fire in the hole!"
-Shoot inside through the door (as long as it doesn't have a large risk of harming me or my squadmates for whatever reason)
if I start getting attacked by scary green things (i.e. one of them is literally on top of me and it is impossible to accurately shoot the gravgun)
-Shout, from the bottom of my lungs "GET IT THE F*CK OFF'A ME!"
-Put the gravgun away and take out the baton
-Smash it's face in (do not exceed max hit limit)
Go back towards cover

Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:51 am
Shakes head and sighs: "Whatever, partner, we'll have it yer way. Next time it's my turn to be team leader, though!"
Good thing I can get back to Beta af-
*looking around at the CASKET's and everything around*
...or can I...?

Keep away from the airshield
Shoot the still distracted drakedog #3 with a tranquilizer bolt
Remember the fear that Buck might not call his shot
Scramble the hell away from the entrance into cover behind my CASKET
After Buck did his shooting and Brom entered the grav-plant again
Return to the vicinity of the airshield and shoot another, untranqu'd, drakedog with another tranquilizer bolt
Refrain shooting any bolts when there's a considerable chance to hit a friendly by accident
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

I clench my gut, hard, to force what little blood I have left into my head.
Being very careful to avoid hitting Brom, I fire once with the lasgun at drake 2. I aim particularly for the limbs and flight web.
I wait for Brom to clear the door and Buck to fire his gravity gun.
While Buck's gravgun projectile is flying and the drakes are presumably panicked, I fire twice more with the lasgun at targets of opportunity, without aiming for any body part in particular.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 am
Dinosawer wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 pm
"Gearhead, this one seems broken. If we don't have enough hooks, can you see if it's fixable?"
"Sure thing Sweetheart. I'll happily take a look at any bits of yours that arent as ... firm... as you want them to be"

"I've also heard some weird noise, could have been engines. Prepare for some more company soon"
Is he seriously... you're 60 years older than me!
"Errrrrr....thanks Gramps."
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now