Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

More of the Deceivers! O Lord, give us the strength!

"Brothers, I looked deeper inside the nacelle. There are enemies there, guarding a large room to the left of where we entered. I shall try to reason with them, for their cause is a lost one, but it's hard to expect anything from these Lord deprived of reason!"
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

"I ate monsters like these for breakfast back on Crius IV. Literally!
We're not going to stopped by the likes of creatures as pathetically tame and weak as these!
Buck, be prepared to fire as soon as I'm out of the way. I'm going to back out of the building and shotgun one of these abominations in the face."
Breaker of fortune cookies

*sarcastic* Stellar performance there! 10/10 would get monster to the face again!
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:30 pm
Impatiently: "What's goin' on in there? Did you kill them sca - um, them green things?"
"From what I saw, they're still all alive so far. Some wounded, one tagged with a tranquilizer. That last one seemed pretty groggy when I last saw it. Anyway, after we threw our bait inside Brom here decided, in his unrivaled understanding of the word 'Distraction', to rush in right after it and got some monsters into the face for his troubles! We need to get him out there right now!"

And I can't just shoot an explosive bolt into this mess...
Hema wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 pm
"I ate monsters like these for breakfast back on Crius IV. Literally!"
"Go on then, they're right there!"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Great. Just great.
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:38 am
Saoirse-Boss, where Bob-boss put box?
Eh? ... Ah. Well, he's trying to help, that's sweet.
"Ah thanks Bob! Can you put it down near the entrance of the nacelle? I'll come and check it out in a jiffy."

I deattach the hook again, and put it back on my CASKET and land near the nacelle, and put it on the ground.
"Gearhead, this one seems broken. If we don't have enough hooks, can you see if it's fixable?"
Then I try to find 2 hooks.
When I have them (or one) I attach one in the bottom right corner, (if I have 2, or can get a second one from Gearhead by then) I put the other one on my CASKET, get in, fly up, attach it (like I did the others), land again, etc

Then, I go look at Bob's box. I investigate the box itself (maybe something is written on it?) and then scan it with my PDA.
In the event that this is in fact the box with the missions papers, I praise Bob greatly on finding it and ask him to help me attach it to my casket.
Otherwise, I say
"Well, this is a very interesting box, Bob! Now, we're also looking for another box, it's black and red and has "Machellan" written on it. If you see it, let us know, OK?"

Finally, if al hooks are attached to the nacelle, I head back inside and join the others. I get into cover, and if we're attacked, I try to stasis 2 enemies and try to pull 2 from behind cover with my grav amp.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu May 03, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Oh, FSM, Ishmael went further in?! This could get very bad. I have to get over there, he could be in trouble very soon.

"Ishmael, wait, you might need backup!"

I hurry back into the nacelle, heading for where Ishmael is. I keep my electrorifle out, but don't raise it unless one of the enemies attempts to attack us. I take cover behind the crate on the east side of the antechamber that is just south of the one facing north/south. If an enemy appears and attempts to attack us, I fire at it with a maximum of three electrorifle shots.

Sure thing, Saoirse-Boss
Happy grin

Walk to the entrance of the nacelle with the box and put it down near the entrance.
Walk inside the nacelle and walk to where Ishmael was previously, talk to the enemies.
((you know what, just do a good cop, bad cop with Ishmael here :P))
"Hello, Meh Bob.
Bob and Bob-friends looking for Box, box black and red with stuff written on, you guys seen box?
"
If they look threatening:
- "Bob just want to let you know, Bob-friends killed all evil-you-friends outside"
- "Bob also killed evil wall, so no try try bad bad OK?"

Whenever I'm attacked,
Rush one of my attackers (howl while I'm running) and smash him with the crowbar, move erratically when moving towards him.
Find cover
Fire at the remaining bad guys as many times as I can without getting penalties using my auto pistol.
Last edited by Cha0zz on Wed May 02, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

cuisinart8 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:24 pm
"Ishmael, wait, you might need backup!"
"Do not worry, esteemed warrior, I shall not attack before reinforcements are here. But the enemies do seem unsure...frightened...doubting. I shall try to turn that to our advantage without resorting to violence."

Move back to the corner where I peeked into the room on the left.
Assume defensive position.
Speak to the Hiltorei inside, using my charismatic amp:
"Peace be upon you, warriors. We are not entering, so you don't have to shoot at us. I am here to talk, not to fight. I am sure there's a way out of this that doesn't involve us turning you all into colanders."
Make a dramatic pause to let that statement sink in.
Turn the charismatic amp's power up to 11.
"Your comrades outside were either captured, or - regrettably - eliminated. Your leaders have fled, abandoning you to your fate. Would not it be better for you to deal with us instead of fighting us?"

IF attacked:
- use electric amp to fry the attacking enemy drawing electricity from any suitable power source nearby (except my allies' spacesuits);
- use the lash if the enemy is within melee range;
- retreat and take cover behind the box with the radiation site;
Last edited by outlander on Wed May 02, 2018 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Online Now