Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

Hello all! This is formerly A New Challenger (Tulius/Servius), may not remember me. I was so glad to see this board active again after checking several times since the original REKT went down. I see that there is a pretty large waiting list for characters, but I may fill out a sheet for the queue regardless. I couldn’t find any forum RPG close in quality since so I’m glad to be reading this again!

No, I absolutely do remember you! Welcome back! :) We've switched up the format so I don't give myself brain damage trying to keep track of everyone, and started a different campaign (for a number of reasons). This one takes place on the Nemesis, a Tartarus Inc. battlecarrier currently outside of humanity's territory for reasons unknown, right on the edge of the Northern Exclusion Zone at the galaxy's rim. Much is happening! Would be happy to see you take another turn after I kill someone else off (which should be quite soon if I can help it. :D )
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Does this work? I could find the question about my character and such. Tal’s character sheet site won’t work for me, so I can edit the question back in or answer separately.

Gaius

Personal Information: Born into humble beginnings, Gaius’s mother was a humanitarian worker and his father was local law enforcement on the planet Romanus. Being raised to see the good in humanity and serve others for the greater good, Gaius dislikes conflict and will try to resolve it with the least amount of violence possible. He does not shy away from conflict however, as Gaius followed in his fathers footsteps and become law enforcement. Upon completion of training, higher ups determined that Gaius’s tendency to solve issues up close and personal made him an ideal candidate for counter-insurgency operations. This, Gaius became the frontman for a SWAT unit, breaching a situation fast and hard then using the enemies surprise to convince them to lay down arms and come peacefully. One fateful operation, within 1 minute of breach, all of the unit was dead or captured, and Gaius was hauled away to the hideout of a vicious gang of criminals. Kept for months, Gaius was tortured and starved until his body and mind were nearly broken. On the cusp on giving up, a negotiation was made and all of the captured officers were released and sent to HQ for debriefing. Upon arrival however, Gaius was put in las-cuffs and taken to prison for “negligence of duty” and charged with the indirect killing and capture of his squad mates for failure to negotiate.
Personality: Once a believer of the greater good, Gaius saw the good in everyone and always gave a second chance (if the job allowed). After his betrayal however, Gaius has become bitter and refuses to trust anyone’s intentions.
Reason your character got REKT: Betrayed by his government and people, likely for some politicians quick cred, Gaius was charged with several capital offenses and sentenced to life without parole. After being picked up by Tartarus Inc, Gaius was placed into cryo for 50 years.
Stats:
  Energy: +1
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 0
  Hacking Systems: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 0
  Robotics: -1
  Engines: +1
Skills:
  Charisma: 0
  Intuition: +1
  Handiwork: 0
  Conventional Weapons: -2
  Unconventional Weapons: +1
  Exotic: -1
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0
Purchases:
3 creds: Kinetic Bumper (Ship)
2 creds: Light Armor (Inf)
Free: Plasma Baton
Free: Riot Shield
Free: Gravitic Shotgun

TheMainMethod wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:46 am
Thanks for the welcome back! And yes Dino, I lost my other account. A lot has changed in the last year (is that accurate?) for me, so I just created a new account. So, why kind of play styles are active right now? I can try to build one that everyone else isn’t playing.
Mostly at the moment we have a configuration of ranged weaponry users (5), with a number of repairmen/medics (4) and a few hackers (3). Unconventional weaponry isn't being used as much as previously (there's not a single person wielding a sword at the moment), but PSI is seeing a rise in popularity after the rework (3). I expect more people will try out PSI later, most likely. Robotics has seen a marked decline as well, likely because people spent their starting creds on other things.
TheMainMethod wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:51 am
Does this work? I could find the question about my character and such. Tal’s character sheet site won’t work for me, so I can edit the question back in or answer separately.
Won't work? Odd... Curious - what browser/platform/OS are you using? And what's the issue with getting it to work? Also, do you have scripts turned off? That would certainly do it. edit: Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever adjusted it so it would work on smartphones. edit again: have tested it now. It's a bit clunky because no spinners (Android doesn't put spinners on number inputs), but it works.

I'll read over your character momentarily - will edit this post after with my thoughts on your character and accept if ready :)

Big edit:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Name: Gaius
Personal Information: Born into humble beginnings, Gaius’s mother was a humanitarian worker and his father was local law enforcement on the planet Romanus. Being raised to see the good in humanity and serve others for the greater good, Gaius dislikes conflict and will try to resolve it with the least amount of violence possible. He does not shy away from conflict however, as Gaius followed in his fathers footsteps and become law enforcement. Upon completion of training, higher ups determined that Gaius’s tendency to solve issues up close and personal made him an ideal candidate for counter-insurgency operations. This, Gaius became the frontman for a SWAT unit, breaching a situation fast and hard then using the enemies surprise to convince them to lay down arms and come peacefully. One fateful operation, within 1 minute of breach, all of the unit was dead or captured, and Gaius was hauled away to the hideout of a vicious gang of criminals. Kept for months, Gaius was tortured and starved until his body and mind were nearly broken. On the cusp on giving up, a negotiation was made and all of the captured officers were released and sent to HQ for debriefing. Upon arrival however, Gaius was put in las-cuffs and taken to prison for “negligence of duty” and charged with the indirect killing and capture of his squad mates for failure to negotiate.
Personality: Once a believer of the greater good, Gaius saw the good in everyone and always gave a second chance (if the job allowed). After his betrayal however, Gaius has become bitter and refuses to trust anyone’s intentions.
Reason your character got REKT: Betrayed by his government and people, likely for some politicians quick cred, Gaius was charged with several capital offenses and sentenced to life without parole. After being picked up by Tartarus Inc, Gaius was placed into cryo for 50 years.
Stats:
  Energy: 1
  Durability: 0
  Maneuverability: 0
  Hacking: -2
  Computer: 0
  PSI Unit: 0
  Robotics: -1
  Engines: 1
Skills:
  Charisma: 0
  Intuition: 1
  Handiwork: 0
  Conventional: -2
  Unconventional: 1
  Exotics: -1
  General Knowledge: 0
  Auxiliary: 0

Purchases:
  Kinetic Bumper (3 creds)
  Light Armor (2 creds)
  Plasma Baton (0 creds)
  Gravitic Shotgun (0 creds)
  Riot Shield (0 creds)
Works for me! :thumbup: Only thing I might mention: Engines/Runspeed can be a tricky skill to use well. If you took a point out of that and put it into maneuverability, it would let you better use your riot shield to bash (right now, you only have a +0 to hit with bashing; putting a point in agility bumps it up to +1). However, that would mean you couldn't reliably use your kinetic bumper anymore. It really depends on your intended playstyle. As it stands, your riot shield will still be usable as some fairly reliable mobile cover, and your runspeed will help you get into position quickly with it. Later on you can put more points into agility, but for now, works just fine.

:thumbup: Accepted! I'll add your character to the wiki and main page.

((Also would like to give another shout-out to Dinosawer and Cha0zz for making the wiki so beautiful and functional over the past three years :D ))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now