Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Josh] Friday, April 20, 2018

Cody wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:20 am
Here you go - Viv as Master of Ceremonies!

That is indeed where I first encountered Viv's mellifluous voice. You didn't even have to link the 1973 Tubular Bells; I've listened so many times that it plays with perfect fidelity in my head. :)

But where I really came to appreciate Viv was his Sir Henry at Rawlinson End.

There really has never been anything like that.

Speaking of Mike Oldfield, though, I recognized your sig quote as King Crimson's "Epitaph":

Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no-one sets the rules
The fate of all mankind, I see, is in the hands of fools

To me, there is more than a hint of that in the refrain to "Nuclear" from Mike's Man On the Rocks album.

Which is all a bit off the subject of LT dev logs, but hey. :D

Whoa. I've collected most of the things Mike's done himself, but this was a new one.

I will say that, as I listened to the guitar in the left stereo channel and the one in the right, I knew without question which was his. I'll even bet it was one of his Telecasters, but either way it had that Unmistakable Oldfield Sound.

Thanks for this.

vector67 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:42 am
Ateerix wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:05 pm
This thread got off track real quick.
Isn't that sort of the hallmark of the LT forums, and especially the dev log threads.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Flatfingers wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:12 pm
You didn't even have to link the 1973 Tubular Bells; I've listened so many times that it plays with perfect fidelity in my head. :)
Love the original, for a change of pace I like seeing him in action in the Live BBC performance. Crazy to visually see how many musicians it takes to recreate something close to the original live, and some fun differences in it.

vector67 wrote:
Ateerix wrote:
Isn't that sort of the hallmark of the LT forums, and especially the dev log threads.
If nobody has anything serious to contribute to the original topic, I usually let derails continue until someone tries to steer it back on track.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hyperion wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 am
vector67 wrote:
Ateerix wrote:
Spoiler:      SHOW
That's brilliant, sorry for breaking the 4th/something wall.
For some reason the embed didn't work, but I did manage to see it.

Thanks Tal. I shall be the voice of reason, screaming over a sea of calm faces!!!
A life well lived only happens once.
Seems deep until you think about it.

Online Now