Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

Scytale wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:49 am
I would argue that "worst case" is running out of money, failing to deliver on most promises, getting destroyed by Skadden, or all three. An assistant-to-the-senior-executive-assistant, alongside the other administrative positions advertised for, seems a little out of place considering CIG's numerous problems.
you know what i mean, even if i cant verbalise it :V

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:27 am
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:40 pm

i actually dislike the wings the most in that thing.... i expected some slick silver dart with two turretlets from the original kickstarter description
with relatively simple, clear lines that say "fast"
its just that the 300i's visuals dont say anything of what the ship is supposed to be :ghost:

"we want the thing to look sleek and fast, how about we put a big wall perpendicular to the movement direction? :D"

to reiterate the topic, because i found the artwork i was searching for last time and couldnt find :ghost:
Spoiler:      SHOW

I got the new version to work, finally! :thumbup: Unfortunately I don't think I have enough RAM for it. It runs, but takes 10-15 minutes just to start and then runs at about 10 fps on average (with some dips down to 3 every now and then). Even on the lowest settings, it barely functions. Somewhat disappointing. :( I'll have to wait for my next machine, I think.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 am
I got the new version to work, finally! :thumbup: Unfortunately I don't think I have enough RAM for it. It runs, but takes 10-15 minutes just to start and then runs at about 10 fps on average (with some dips down to 3 every now and then). Even on the lowest settings, it barely functions. Somewhat disappointing. :( I'll have to wait for my next machine, I think.
I recently reinstalled the game, Nathan, but I can't say I feel any kind of impulse to play what's available. I don't have any hardware restrictions of the kind you are having to put up with but I'm beginning to think SC will not have the addiction factor that Freelancer had for me.

If SQ42 can deliver what the Wing Commander games did I'll be more than happy. I must say that the singleplayer part of the project still has a chance of giving me the thrill I'm looking for. :angel:

Spent 35$ on the original kickstarter. Did never anything more than the "get me the digital copy" thing on any kickstarter but did it on some early access games where I regret it often :p. There are quit a number of kickstarter games that could not live up to there promise (biggest disappointment so far "The Mandate" ) or weren't to my liking. So I would only spent more if I like the game and play it actively.

I spent 70 bucks on the Space BMW, don't remember the name. 300i? Yes, seems to be 300i. Haven't bought anything since, and didn't even try to install the game.

Mandate was painful, and, together with some other crashed products, some products that were completed but turned out to be mediocre, and the experience of running a couple of crowdfunding campaigns myself made me bury the crowdfunding scene forever. I'm not backing anything ever again it seems.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Yesterday I finally received my certificate confirming that the Chairman's Club Trustees have bestowed upon me the honorary rank of Wing Commander.

It's nice that they recognize the "significant contribution" certain backers have made to the project. I only wish I had experienced a little more gratitude from some of the other less grateful backers in the early days of CR's new venture. :angel:

Online Now