Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:41 am
"You guys wanna maybe get a patch on those amusingly self-inflicted gunshot wounds first?"
"No, we'd rather sit here and bleed to death. Of course we want our wounds treated!
I've took a couple rounds to the shoulder that'll need patched up thanks to Gene. Buck was shot in the leg because he stood in the line of fire.
Gene was slashed across the chest by one of the creatures.

After we get those wounds patched up, we can act. Buck and I will drag one of the squids out here.
Looks like there's one under the lower right casket. I can use my lasgun if he's stuck. Try not to get in the way this time, Buck."
Breaker of fortune cookies

As the last traces of M-Fig disappear, I quickly take out my PDA and try to scan where he's standing/whatever is still remaining of him, hoping to learn how he does that.
If I find anything interesting, I relay it to the rest of the squad.

"Errrrr...
Have I missed something in the last 4 years of cryo or was that extremely weird?
Anyway...
maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"

"Hey Bob, can you go fetch one of the hooks on your CASKET and bring it to my ship? And take the other one along as well in case someone needs it."
I walk to my ship, and wait for Bob to bring a hook. When he does, I attach it to my CASKET, get in, fly up.
Then I attach a hook to each top corner of the nacelle, using PSI to steer my robotic arms to do so.
(( if successful, that should mean the top is done ))
Last edited by Dinosawer on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Hema wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:27 am
After we get those wounds patched up, we can act. Buck and I will drag one of the squids out here.
Looks like there's one under the lower right casket. I can use my lasgun if he's stuck. Try not to get in the way this time, Buck."
"What the hell are you planning?? Meatshields? Camouflage by scent??"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:21 am
Hema wrote:
"What the hell are you planning?? Meatshields? Camouflage by scent??"
"We're going to try our eager bullet sponge's idea for once and attempt distract the creatures with a free meal.
If that fails, which it likely will, we can kill them together in unison. "

"Beasts with enough training to not rush after possible prey blindly? Unless they acted on instinct there...just hope they aren't smart or trained enough to ignore your bait...first one to step through there will probably get them all into their face..."
- - - - - - - -

Hema wrote:
0111narwhalz wrote:
"You guys wanna maybe get a patch on those amusingly self-inflicted gunshot wounds first?"
"No, we'd rather sit here and bleed to death. Of course we want our wounds treated!
I've took a couple rounds to the shoulder that'll need patched up thanks to Gene. Buck was shot in the leg because he stood in the line of fire.

"Why don't someone else drag it? I ain't touchin' some gross, slimy squid! What if I get some of it's spores in my suit? Or worse, my wound - I might turn into one of 'em! Why don't Frank do it, he's just sittin' on his ass doin' nothin' anyway!"

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am
"Why don't someone else drag it? I ain't touchin' some gross, slimy squid! What if I get some of it's spores in my suit? Or worse, my wound - I might turn into one of 'em! Why don't Frank do it, he's just sittin' on his ass doin' nothin' anyway!"
*Aggravated*

"Oh yes! That's a great idea! I'm going to do that so you at least can stop nagging on me! Where do you want it?!? In the entrance? On your back? Or do you want me to stuff it in my suit so you can safely take it everywhere?? And apparently there's not even a need for the coagulant boosters! That means i can go back to sitting my cursed behind flat around here somewhere!"

Hell i know that i turned all this into a single, big serving of c**p coating every single surface! No need to rub it in constantly like you're all soooo flawless!!
- - - - - - - -

Oh, for fukc's sake. Rule number one, Weber: Don't shoot at fukcing friendlies. And you forgot that, Weber, you fukcing forgot that, didn't you? Now you've got to clean up this goddamn shitstorm you – yes, you – caused and you're not even a qualified medic. Oh, and you're bleeding out of every orifice and their unholy mother from hell.

"I'd wheeze appreciate a coag shot right about now, Frank. That slash wound cough looks pretty bad, but then again I'm no trained medic. laughs self-deprecatingly

Vynkor, could you hack come and patch Brom up here? I'll be fine if Frank gets me that coag – I've done field surgery before. It's just that this blood is leaking all over the fukcing place, which is going to make my job real easy."

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:42 pm
Vynkor, could you hack come and patch Brom up here? I'll be fine if Frank gets me that coag – I've done field surgery before. It's just that this blood is leaking all over the fukcing place, which is going to make my job real easy."
"Yeah, yeah, just got done with the 'blood everywhere' thing myself. Brom, you're up first, then." I pull the end of the duct tape with intent.

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
0111narwhalz wrote:

"Because you were the one that stepped in front of my shot to try and be useful.

Now, on with the plan. Just to be clear, it doesn't include soaking up damage or shooting eachother in the back.
Frank and Vynka, you'll be patching Buck and I up. I believe Gene has a kit with him to deal with his suit.
After my injuries are dealt with, I will cut some chunks off the nearby squid, and we will try to use said chunks to distract the creatures.
Let's just hope they like seafood. If they don't, shoot 'em. Any questions?"

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:42 pm
"I'd wheeze appreciate a coag shot right about now, Frank. That slash wound cough looks pretty bad, but then again I'm no trained medic." laughs self-deprecatingly
*sarcastic thinking*
For dustbunny's sake! This is getting even better!

"Fuck it, this is all kinds of too bad! I'll be there in just a moment!"

Hurry over to the three members of Alpha's assault-team and administer each one coagulant booster. (In order: Gene, Brom, Buck).
Patch up Buck's suit.
Load a tranqu-bolt into the Crossbow.
Walk over to where Brom wants to gather his meaty distraction and grab a sufficiently sized bit that's still easy to carry (Arm or leg preferred).
Shoot Buck a meaningfull look with said hiltorel-bit in hands.
If Buck starts nagging again.
-Mock-wave said hiltorel-bit in his direction.
Throw the morsel of hiltorel through the airshield from far enough away to be well outside of not-boarbear grabbing distance.
If a not-boarbear is sighted.
-Observe it until it seems distracted.
-Wait for a chance to shoot where Brom is not in danger of being tranqued.
-Hit it with the tranqu bolt.
-Reload a new tranqu bolt.
Repeat the not-boarbear actions once for when Brom uses his distraction.
But don't shoot the same not-boarbear again.
Get back into cover.
Keep away from the airshield at all times and don't enter the complex
If enemies (armed, hostile Hiltorel and/or not-boarbears) come through the airshield
-frantically take cover beneath the closest CASKET and shoot the tranqus that haven't been shot yet (don't exceed limit of 2 for whole turn)
Last edited by F4wk35 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- - - - - - - -

Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
"Errrrr...
Have I missed something in the last 4 years of cryo or was that extremely weird?
I shake my head in bemusement. "No, I'm sure that was pretty damn weird...Gives me a bad feeling..."
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am
Anyway...
maybe we should attach those hooks before we go in any further and encounter more weirdness?"
"I agree. We should only explore this thing at full strength anyway, I doubt that guy was the last of the surprises the nacelle has in store..."

I head out of the nacelle and over to my ship to check on Aloka, making sure she isn't making progress on escaping. Then, if there is still an unused attachment point on the ground portion of the nacelle, I find an unused hook and attach it.

Approach Frank and Vynka and give them time to treat my injures.
After my wounds are dealt with, walk over to the lower right casket and take out my lasgun.
Using the lasgun, cut off several large pieces (five preferably) of the squid lying under the casket.
Put away my lasgun and pick up one of the piece I've just cut off.
Piece in hand, walk over to the airshield and throw my squid chunk (in the direction of the creatures) to the far wall.
After I've tossed in my squid bits, walk in with my shield and pistol up.
"I'm going in to deal with the creatures. Watch your aim this time; I don't want more bullet holes."
Stepping aside so as not to block the door, shoot one of the attack-capable creatures with my pistol, firing no more than three times (two times if my squid carving took more than one shot.)
Last edited by Hema on Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go towards my ship, but don't enter it
Once I reach it, let Frank give me a coag booster and patch up my suit
Lean onto the hull of my ship, on the side where I'd have at least some cover from the scary green things coming out of the building
Reload the gravgun
if I see Frank wave a squid bit at me
-Make a grossed out face and say "Just throw the damn thing away already, the smell's killin' me!"
if enemies come pouring out of the door
-Discreetly stay in cover behind my ship
if I am attacked
-Bash the attacker with my baton (don't exceed max uses without a penalty)

Online Now