Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: Beyond The Edge (Main Thread)

No, nobody's done that yet. Still, it's an exploit that ought to be discouraged, I feel. On a different note, I really like the addition of mentorship points, because it means that older squad members can actually do things to help newer characters advance. That was something people always wanted, and this accomplishes it rather well, I think.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Some will take place this mission, some will take place on the next mission.
  • The cred and XP changes and such will be effective at mission end.
  • The mentorship points can't even apply until the next mission anyway, so you can consider them taking place "now" or "later" as you wish. Characters can't mentor other characters that haven't been on a mission before, so they won't be able to mentor any new characters that are made to "get them up to speed".
  • The ship changes won't apply until the next mission. I didn't announce those early on enough and it would be unfair to hurt people over it. The old rules will still apply for now.
  • The new character changes (how the new character boosts work and so on) will take place immediately following this mission. Any new characters made to replace ones I kill will be able to take advantage of it.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:50 pm
"Damn! Learn to aim with that gun o' yers, for fukcs sake! I was doin' fine fightin' them scary green things with my baton until you shot me in the damn leg!"

Regains breath

"Okay... Damn... How the heck are we supposed to kill them things!? Them green fukcers just won't die, no matter how many bullets ya put in 'em! If only I had a flamethrower... Wait, anyone got a piece o' jerky or somethin'? Maybe we can distract 'em with it!"
The one Buck bashed with the plasma baton is half blind and not going to be feeling well for a very long time. :D Also you charred one half of its face so it looks like Harvey Dent.

Talvieno wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:53 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:50 pm
"Damn! Learn to aim with that gun o' yers, for fukcs sake! I was doin' fine fightin' them scary green things with my baton until you shot me in the damn leg!"

Regains breath

"Okay... Damn... How the heck are we supposed to kill them things!? Them green fukcers just won't die, no matter how many bullets ya put in 'em! If only I had a flamethrower... Wait, anyone got a piece o' jerky or somethin'? Maybe we can distract 'em with it!"
The one Buck bashed with the plasma baton is half blind and not going to be feeling well for a very long time. :D Also you charred one half of its face so it looks like Harvey Dent.
Buck promised to bash whatever that was' face in, Buck delivered :)

Lemons: 2 on ship - uncertain of condition; people have not checked yet
Saoirse: 1 on ship - welded 1
Ishmael: 0 on ship, taken by gearhead
Gearhead: 0 on ship: 1 fell, 1 attached
Caleb: 0 on ship, taken by gearhead
Bob: 2 on ship

3 on nacelle
3 on ground near nacelle where gearhead failed to attach
1 half-attached to nacelle: does not count
5 still on ships

You need 8 total to succeed with your mission. That means five more. There are three on the ground, one on Saoirse's ship and two on Bob's ship, so even without Lemons's, that means there are six total you can still attach. Only one has failed beyond recovery so far.

Online Now