Return to “Games”

Re: Star Citizen

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:16 am
Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:17 am
I've submitted a request for information on the sandworms and the large fish tanks. I will let you know what the reply is. :angel:
Any word? I'm eager to hear if I was fed a pack of lies or not.
I did get a reply...but no answers, ResultsMayDiffer. It's fairly obvious they don't want to talk about sandworms. I'm still hopeful that CIG will seize the opportunity to sell those large fish tanks though. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:01 pm
I did get a reply...but no answers, ResultsMayDiffer. It's fairly obvious they don't want to talk about sandworms. I'm still hopeful that CIG will seize the opportunity to sell those large fish tanks though. :angel:
Frankly I'm surprised, is this not the same company that claimed to be the most open developed game ever? Thought that meant something, apparently just a marketing ploy.

bootcha has uploaded the next episode in his saga. The Ecstasy of JPEGs

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:10 pm
bootcha has uploaded the next episode in his saga. The Ecstasy of JPEGs
Thoroughly enjoyed the video, ResultsMayDiffer, thanks for posting it. :thumbup:

I recognized myself instantly as one of the extreme supporters of the "Dream of Chris Roberts" Kickstarter. *chuckle* Although I'm sure I'm not a kitty cat, I have exhibited all the strange traits of that feline character. I was even mentally ticking off the ships as they went into that shopping cart, got that one and that one and.....

I've stopped spending now! :lol: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm
I've stopped spending now! :lol: :angel:
Did you get the Vulcan though? The first step is admitting there is a problem.
I don't know why Super VX Lingardium Rear Admirals would need a dinky starter ship for but it seemed to sell well to Concierge who got it before anyone else. Can't wrap my head around that.

Personally I prefer Star Trek over Star Wars and still won't be buying it.

I'm more than willing to have Chris Roberts prove me wrong because I sure wouldn't mind playing a proper space MMO. But he seems to have put the cart before the horse in a major way with this endless art perfection. My confidence would be very different if they had 100+ player battles, I don't mind programmer art, actually I prefer it at this stage.
Without too much identifying information on a board that goes public (dropping the paywall) on a regular basis - Freelancer was in a very similar state to where Star Citizen is right now. They had a pre-alpha type of engine and overall was more or less an interesting tech demo that lacked any form of design mechanics in it. Microsoft's arrival (and reset of the project) started the game on an actual design path. Prior to the buyout, the team was mostly focused on the endlessly refactoring of Chris's favorite area to drive people crazy: Art

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:46 am
Did you get the Vulcan though?
I didn't even come close to pledging for the Vulcan, ResultsMayDiffer. I'm not interested in yet another support ship. CIG must have a committee devoted to introducing ever increasingly specific ships to the game.

I think I've probably got most eventualities covered by now in the fifty different ships I already own. Enough is enough!

Hmm...that sounds like a great title for a song. Or should that be no more tears? ;) :angel:

ResultsMayDiffer wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:59 am
“Crunching is discouraged”

*hires someone whos job it is to do food runs when crunching*
Yes, that one point in the 14 point duties list is the critical one.

Also: always prepare for worst case.

Also: because its discouraged doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Dont you have anything better to do than trawl job postings for a company you think will fail anyway to find points to be offended?

I would argue that "worst case" is running out of money, failing to deliver on most promises, getting destroyed by Skadden, or all three. An assistant-to-the-senior-executive-assistant, alongside the other administrative positions advertised for, seems a little out of place considering CIG's numerous problems.

Online Now