Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:15 pm
"Pfft. I've been trained to fight by a hundred barfights, I ain't gonna be scared off by some squid's pet!"
"In. Bar. Fights...what kind of 'bars' did you frequent?? The kind with the turrets and killer-androids? The ones with a lasergrid installed in the floor? The kind where you pay your drinks by ripping out the teeth of a li'shorid fanged maneater with bare hands? All you're going to do is get yourself killed with that mindset. All we can say right now that it's probably dangerous enough to be used as a possible defense in one of the more important locations of this colony! Going against it head-first *muttering under breath: with a warcry as i judge you* should not be our first option to consider as your weaponry is more useful for giving it a final whack on the head or something!"

And as i judge brom, he'll probably storm at it, head-first and alongside buck, while spouting his nonsense about assassinations!

((Tempted as I may be...encouraging you would lead to a new team member coming from the nemesis. Which would be a real shame as i kinda enjoy the banter with you and hema ^^ even though i'm not nearly as talented at is as you ;p And Frank wouldn't accept that bet anyway. At least at the moment.))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:47 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
"Pfft. I've been trained to fight by a hundred barfights, I ain't gonna be scared off by some squid's pet!"
"In. Bar. Fights...what kind of 'bars' did you frequent?? The kind with the turrets and killer-androids? The ones with a lasergrid installed in the floor? The kind where you pay your drinks by ripping out the teeth of a li'shorid fanged maneater with bare hands? All you're going to do is get yourself killed with that mindset. All we can say right now that it's probably dangerous enough to be used as a possible defense in one of the more important locations of this colony! Going against it head-first *muttering under breath: with a warcry as i judge you* should not be our first option to consider as your weaponry is more useful for giving it a final whack on the head or something!"

And as i judge brom, he'll probably storm at it, head-first and alongside buck, while spouting his nonsense about assassinations!

((Tempted as I may be...encouraging you would lead to a new team member coming from the nemesis. Which would be a real shame as i kinda enjoy the banter with you and hema ^^ even though i'm not nearly as talented at is as you ;p And Frank wouldn't accept that bet anyway. At least at the moment.))
"Hey, there's some pretty seedy joints back on Arskosha! What, you've seriously never seen no bar with turrets? And I never told none of y'all about that story when I got into a fight with some half-robo person and beat him usin' only a magnet and a piece o' string? Well, guess no one's takin' up my bet - can't say I fault y'all, you'd just lose yer money anyway!"

Looks at the nearby turret

"Can someone shoot that damn thing? I hate bein' watched by cameras!"

((Don't worry, if this thing actually is as dangerous as it sounds, I wouldn't attack it with my baton (at least not straight away). Buck would think of some cop-out :D - he may be narcissistic, but not suicidal. Also, I think you may be underestimating how nasty the baton is.))

"I - how - what"
"Begin what? And how do you know my name?
...right, it's on my suit. Still, begin what?"

Completely bewildered, I turn to Bob - panicking friends go before weird guys suddenly showing up -
"Okay, where did you last see Jimmy, Bob? I can't magically bring him here, but I can try this..."

First, I turn on my helmet light and Bob's as well (if I can do so, otherwise I just show him how to do it).
Then I use my electro amp to power a few lights near us. (( 1, 2, 3, whatever seems reasonable. Basically try to make things not super dark ))

If that calms Bob for now:
I observe mystery dude carefully, but don't make a move yet and just talk.
"Well, I've been called an anomaly before, though people tended to word it less nicely. Anyway... who might you be and how did you get here, if you don't mind me asking? We didn't really think there was anyone inside still... and how do you breathe here? Or are you a hologram? Is that a rude question to ask people? I dunno, I'm not good at peopling. Like now, I'm rambling again."

Otherwise, I say "Actually, hold that thought, I gotta go get a teddy bear for my friend here before I can talk to you, mysterious figure. Bye!"
and take Bob back outside to go find Jimmy. Didn't he get in his ship earlier or something?
Since Bob is ignoring me, I just run in the direction of his ship, looking around if he didn't drop Jimmy somewhere. Finally, I check inside his ship.
If I find Jimmy somewhere, I go give him to Bob, and head back inside to continue the conversation with odd dude.
Last edited by Dinosawer on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:24 pm
F4wk35 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:47 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:

"Hey, there's some pretty seedy joints back on Arskosha! What, you've seriously never seen no bar with turrets? And I never told none of y'all about that story when I got into a fight with some half-robo person and beat him usin' only a magnet and a piece o' string? Well, guess no one's takin' up my bet - can't say I fault y'all, you'd just lose yer money anyway!"

Looks at the nearby turret

"Can someone shoot that damn thing? I hate bein' watched by cameras!"

((Don't worry, if this thing actually is as dangerous as it sounds, I wouldn't attack it with my baton (at least not straight away). Buck would think of some cop-out :D - he may be narcissistic, but not suicidal. Also, I think you may be underestimating how nasty the baton is.))
"I'd be be cheating you out of your credits if I took your bet, Buck. I'd shoot it dead long before you could lay your hands on the thing.
I didn't just hunt humans you know. I was quite the monster slayer as well. My home planet was filled with indescribably foul horrors.
Naturally they all tried to run when I showed up, but it never did them any good.

Regarding you turret, or "turrets" I should say, we'll need a couple people to deal with them.
I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a turret up in the top right corner of the room, and we'll have to deal with both of them if we're to continue.
Fortunately, I have a brilliant plan to do this; not that that's a surprise.
I will go out first with my shield facing the southernmost turret. After it targets me (because we all know it will), Gene can finish it off whilst I go after the northern turret. After the turrets are down, we can move further into the facility and eliminate pitiful creature the squids have kept chained up in here. Consider it a mercy killing."
Breaker of fortune cookies

0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:21 pm
"Oh yeah, because everything went so well the last time you tried to draw fire."
"I don't recall trying to draw anyone's fire, Vynka. There was a time a while back when I tried to lure the enemy into a trap, but that failed because they didn't know who I was. This time I'll be the only target for these turrets to fire at."

Hema wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:26 pm
"I don't recall trying to draw anyone's fire, Vynka. There was a time a while back when I tried to lure the enemy into a trap, but that failed because they didn't know who I was. This time I'll be the only target for these turrets to fire at."
"Can't say whether you'll be the only target with how Buck's talking, but they certainly won't be shooting at me. How about I cover the entrance?"

0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 pm
Hema wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:26 pm
"Can't say whether you'll be the only target with how Buck's talking, but they certainly won't be shooting at me. How about I cover the entrance?"
"That seems reasonable. Just be sure to catch up after the turrets are down, and keep your eyes out for traps!"

((I'll be post actions tomorrow!))

0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 pm
"You all know what? That sounds like a decent idea! I'll just go and take care that we're not backstabbed, yes?"

I'll just leave the boneheads to whatever way they intend to off themselves...I just hope they don't die during this mission...They're more useful up-front than Vynkor and me...

Take out the PDA and try to find a setting for an atmospheric scan.
Make an atmospheric scan with said setting on the PDA.
Check the map and take note of the turrets positions.
Grumble about brutes and go outside again, take the tether with me ("Why'd I bring that thing in the first place anyway?").
Leave my stellaplex harness by the door for later
If hostile, armed squid appear
-get into cover
-shoot the first squid with a sharp bolt
-reload another sharp bolt and shoot a second one
If there's still active, hostile, armed squid left after shooting
-notify squad and retreat into the complex again

Get back into my ship
Contact Anabai's squad. Inform them about our progress and ask politely about an update from their side.
Get back into the air, cross-check visible portions of the grav plant with the map on the PDA where the second turret is (right wing, the one further away from the squad)
Inform squad: "I'm trying to disable another turret now, try to keep in cover for the moment!"
Shoot said turret by projecting the MFM-field through the wall where the turret is located.
"I can't tell if it worked, stay alert when you go further!"
Last edited by F4wk35 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Bob not remember where Jimmy
BOB NEED JIMMY

Saoirse wrote:]First, I turn on my helmet light and Bob's as well (if I can do so, otherwise I just show him how to do it).
Then I use my electro amp to power the lights in the room.
If that calms Bob for now:
If bob Is calmed by this:
- Bob starts sobbing in a corner and turns his helmet light on if it isn't on yet.
- "Thank you Saoirse Boss, Bob-Boss is going to get Jimmy now"
- Walk out of the Nacelle, go fetch Jimmy and return to Saoirse. (because he calmed down Bob remembers Jimmy's location)
- "Bob has Jimmy back, Bob no longer scared of shadowmen" *happy bob*

If bob is not calmed:
- "BOB NEED JIMMY"
- start hyperventilating
- go in a mad dash towards the exit, run over everyone and everything that's in my way, smash everything that tries to stop me out of the way
- sprint towards Jimmy and take him (Bob doesn't remember the location of Jimmy here due to panic, feel free to make him cross the whole map and dash stuff over)
- once I retrieve Jimmy crumple together like the sad mess I am and start crying thanking the gods that I have Jimmy back
- if I found jimmy before Saoirse did:
-- walk snivelling back towards Saoirse
-- Give Saoirse a foul look, Bob-Boss resqued Jimmy, no thanks to to Saoirse-Boss
- Else:
-- Follow Saoirse
Last edited by Cha0zz on Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

"You guys know the plan! Gene, you'll be backing me up. After I round that corner I'll be attempting to destroy the turret myself. If it's armored and doesn't go down, I want you to follow up with a blast from your shotgun. After we reduce it to slag, we'll destroy the next one.
It sounds like Vynka and Frank will be watching our backs, so no need to worry about that.
Buck, you might try seeing if you could hack something. Perhaps you could hack their thermostat and freeze any remaining squids."

Move around the corner with my shield facing the yellow turret. Try to keep the cyan tree between myself and the red turret.
Once I'm within view of the yellow turret, shoot it once with my pistol, and start off towards the red turret.
When I'm certain I'll have a clear shot at the red turret, fire a pistol round off at it and reload.

After the red turret is down, cautiously proceed further towards the back of the building (with my shield up).
If I sense any danger, get into cover immediately and hook my tether to any stable object if one happens to be nearby.
If the threat is sapient, call out to it.
"Lower your weapons! For before you stands Brom Keegan, the legendary assassin and monster slayer!
You may have heard tales of my heroic deeds and unparalleled skill with a gun. Those tales were not exaggerations.
If you get in my way there will be no hope for you.
I am not here to assassinate you. If you put down your weapons and step aside, you will be spared.
Should you wish to aid me in my mission you will not be unrewarded. To prevent your peers from ganging up on you afterwards, I will allow you to follow me back to my ship. You may even be given the chance to join me on one of my adventures!"

((Use these actions even if the threat is inorganic.))
After my speech, stand up and target the nearest hostile. If there's a single hostile target, shoot it twice. If there are more than one, fire a round into the first hostile, and then shoot a second.
After shooting, sit down and reload.

Dinosawer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:12 pm
(( robotics only affects PDA scans and non-standard non-hacking use, afaik - hacking just rolls hacking as robotics is described "How good you are at using the PDA for anything except hacks" ))
((Got it, thanks!))
Hema wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 pm
Buck, you might try seeing if you could hack something. Perhaps you could hack their thermostat and freeze any remaining squids."
"Shit partner, first time we actually agree on somethin'! You could fry an egg on them stones on the ground, that's how swelterin' hot it is! This place could use some proper air conditionin', maybe a nice mimosa or two. Say, do any of y'all know, these squids - they like booze or nah?"

Relaxedly lean onto the wall next to me (as much out of the turrets' sight as possible)
Open my PDA, enter the building's network, and try to find anything that would let me adjust the temperature
if I find a way to do that
-Set the temperature as low as possible (but not below -5 degrees Celsius)
if, at any point, I directly come under fire from the turrets (or in general, come under direct threat from something/someone)
-Get in cover, or if not possible, run outside
Lament the lack of a nice, cool beverage

take a fair bunch of tape and tie our hiltorel friend up in a nice package to be placed wherever decided to be appropriate. (with a lot of care dedicated to getting every and any tentacle taped up in a way that she cant wiggle them free without overcoming the tape's adhesion)
"one hostile damsel, packaged for your pleasure"
run a remote diagnostic on bob's ship (through my PDA) while going over to Lemons' ship wreck, taking my repair kit with me
take whatever is still usable and useful (and manportable) for the repair on bob's casket from the wreckage, focus on restoring mobility
get over to bob's ship and restore the drive systems (and whatever i have parts and time for)

Online Now