Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Victor Tombs wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm
Silverware wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:58 pm
That's fine, by then more patches should remove the edges from the game.
Yes, I gathered from what I've read that there are a few problems with the game that need some attention, Silver. :)

Mind you, I wouldn't use that as my excuse for not playing the game. I've still got Witcher 3 to play. :oops: :lol: :angel:
Now that's a game you SHOULD play. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 am
I have literally thousands of hours invested in Skyrim, and I can still say: stop. Go play The Witcher 3. It's that much fun, and it's that worthy of having played it in order to compare it to other open-world games.
:thumbup: I hear you, Flat, but I'm at a critical stage in my ultimate Skyrim SE modded build. I'm into the optional optional mods now and trying my hardest not to mess anything up. I've now got a 4TB external drive full of backups from various stages of installation.

Talk about angst... and overkill! :oops: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 am
:thumbup: I hear you, Flat, but I'm at a critical stage in my ultimate Skyrim SE modded build. I'm into the optional optional mods now and trying my hardest not to mess anything up. I've now got a 4TB external drive full of backups from various stages of installation.

Talk about angst... and overkill! :oops: :angel:

I can but applaud your dedication. :clap:

(I still add the occasional new Skyrim mod, myself.)

Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

That's the "unfortunate" thing about Skyrim, Flat. Just when you think you've seen and done everything some modder will come along with a really good and massive mod that will drag you back into the game. :D :angel:

On topic, I've decided not to break the seal on my KS boxed version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I noticed there was a Steam key in my profile on the Warhorse website so I'll use that. I'm not sure if this is in addition to the contents of the box but I've seen all the physical goodies contained therein and, by luck, avoided killing a rather nice light fitting with the sword so I'm content. :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 am
Flatfingers wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:36 pm

That's the "unfortunate" thing about Skyrim, Flat. Just when you think you've seen and done everything some modder will come along with a really good and massive mod that will drag you back into the game. :D :angel:

On topic, I've decided not to break the seal on my KS boxed version of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I noticed there was a Steam key in my profile on the Warhorse website so I'll use that. I'm not sure if this is in addition to the contents of the box but I've seen all the physical goodies contained therein and, by luck, avoided killing a rather nice light fitting with the sword so I'm content. :angel:
There are goodies in the box, so you decided not to open it?
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:38 am
Silverware wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 pm
There are goodies in the box, so you decided not to open it?
It's a collector thing, Silver. ;) :angel:
I get that, but I would have expected you to carefully peal it open to get the stuff inside it out too.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Silverware wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 pm
I get that, but I would have expected you to carefully peal it open to get the stuff inside it out too.
:lol: You wouldn't be surprised then if I told you that I often get two of many collector items, Silver? :oops: :angel:
Ah! That'd explain it. A bit expensive for my tastes. But I'm no collector, I lack that addiction. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

We're getting OT from Kingdom Come: Deliverance here.

But I can't resist mentioning, Victor, that I told the studio making System Shock 3 that I might know of someone who'd consider buying it if they offered a nice Collector's Edition. ;)

Back to KCD: it's still a bit rough around the edges. Like... BethSoft "Ooh, that shouldn't happen" rough, only more so.

Example: as I approached a town, there was a commotion. When I reached the scene, there was a dead body named "Margaret" in the road, several villagers were shrieking, and guards were running up to usefully comment that the culprit must be somewhere nearby.

Naturally, as a long-time RPG player, I knew this meant I'd stumbled on a dynamic quest.

Except no.

A little research revealed that certain NPCs are occasionally spawned way up in midair. From this untenable position, they plummet to the ground where deceleration trauma causes them to switch to the "whoops, I'm dead now" state.

Even better, it turns out Margaret actually is part of a quest, and KCD knows this. Which is why, having turned my back on Margaret for a minute to consider my options, when I turned round again her corpse had vanished. Presumably when I get the quest that involves her, she'll conveniently be alive again -- it's a miracle!

In the meantime, I am spending my time happily busting into every house, outhouse, doghouse, henhouse, and any other place I can reach that has something locked nearby. The lockpicking minigame is a disastrously awful thing, but Very Easy and Easy locks now open automatically for me, yet they still give Lockpicking XP, sooooo....

This really is quite the game. :D

Flatfingers wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:37 pm
We're getting OT from Kingdom Come: Deliverance here.
Does that surprise you, Flat? If I'm involved in the conversation leaving the yellow brick road is always a distinct possibility. ;)
Flatfingers wrote:
But I can't resist mentioning, Victor, that I told the studio making System Shock 3 that I might know of someone who'd consider buying it if they offered a nice Collector's Edition. ;)
:mrgreen:
Flatfingers wrote:
A little research revealed that certain NPCs are occasionally spawned way up in midair. From this untenable position, they plummet to the ground where deceleration trauma causes them to switch to the "whoops, I'm dead now" state.
I used to see that in the TES modified games quite frequently, Flat. Various animals mysteriously appearing at a great height and plummeting to their deaths. It always reminded of the whale in the HGTTG. :)
Flatfingers wrote:
The lockpicking minigame is a disastrously awful thing
I've always enjoyed lockpicking in a game. I like to find mods which make the experience even more satisfying. :)
Flatfingers wrote:
This really is quite the game.
From what you've said, Flat, I'm sure I will enjoy the game. :thumbup: :angel:

Victor Tombs wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:38 pm
Flatfingers wrote:
I used to see that in the TES modified games quite frequently, Flat. Various animals mysteriously appearing at a great height and plummeting to their deaths. It always reminded of the whale in the HGTTG. :)
And it never gets old :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Online Now