Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#451
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:28 pm
- If it hurts, starts trashing around, trying to trow gearhead of me, if I succeed, give him an angry look "Why you try to hurt Bob?"
((i hate you so much right now))
if that happens
"I'm not trying to hurt you. Im trying to keep you from bleeding all over the place and getting weak and sick from the bad wound you got there.
I can't do more than pump you full of painkillers and warn you of the pain. Can i go on now?"
continue with treatment if saoirse is successful with convincing
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#452
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:28 pm
- If it hurts, starts trashing around, trying to trow gearhead of me, if I succeed, give him an angry look "Why you try to hurt Bob?"
When this happens, I try to convince Bob Gearhead is trying to help his hand stop bleeding and not hurting him.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#454
TURN 13
((This turn was trickier than most - particularly Beta's part. Sorry for the delay. :) Let me know if I missed anything, as per usual. ))

Map:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Image

Squad Alpha:
Frank
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am
"Oh, by the way, Vynkor. Apparently there were only minor damages to my ship before. Rebooting the computer started a re-routing program that fixed that problem for now."

Shoot the last hostile fighter with the MFM.
Follow Vynkor and land near her landing spot.
Take my stuff and get out of the ship (usual procedures apply)
Hand vynkor a coagulant booster (expecting her to use it right away, honestly)
Load a tranqu bolt in the crossbow and keep at vynkor's CASKET
Idly look around, perhaps there's a restaurant or take-out-place somewhere close by.
If hostile, armed hiltorel appear (less that 3)
-take cover behind vynkor's CASKET and shoot one of them.
-reload with another tranqu and shoot another hostile.
-wait for an opportune moment and get back into my CASKET
If they are vastly outnumbering us
-try to talk them into non-lethal approaches.
-play for time there.
When vynkor is done and there's no superior hiltorel force
Get into my CASKET and fly to brom.
Keep in the air near buck for now.
In case AA is spotted, land ASAP.
You charge your MFM, preparing to fire at the last hostile fighter, and then, right when it's fully charged - fire. You and Buck manage to hit it at the exact same time, just as it's coming around for another pass at your squad - and it goes down in smoke, crashing into the buildings below.

For a time longer, you're safe again.

Now that everything's safe, you break off from Brom and the others and fly to the quiet, peaceful park-like area where Vynkor has landed. It's not really a park - there's nothing green anywhere in sight - but it looks like there's boulders in the sand that might be being used as benches, and a few small metallic structures that might be used for open-air shade... not that anyone could really survive in this atmosphere anyway. It reeks of poverty, really, and an attempt to make it look slightly less impoverished. Obviously, if that was their intent, they failed.

You take your stuff - weapons and boosters - depressurize, make sure your helmet is secure, open the cockpit canopy, and disembark. Vynkor comes over, and you hand her the coagulant booster, which she promptly uses. Then she goes and gets back into her ship with a roll of duct tape, and immediately removes her suit. You respectfully turn away, making sure your crossbow is armed and ready with a tranquilizer bolt, just in case any enemies decide to interfere. Interestingly, no one does. They seem quite content to keep their distance and yell at you from afar.

Looking around, you're pretty sure you see signs for different establishments such as grocery stores and eateries in the area. This is the residential zone, right? You seem to remember something to that effect in the briefing. There are signs about the streets you see, mostly in the recognizable flowing hiltorel scrawl. You can't read it, of course, but you're sure that if you poked around, you could probably find a restaurant - over here, at least. Whether or not they'd serve you... that's a different question entirely.

At some point, Vynkor seems to have finished up, so you go over to your CASKET, climb in, and take off, flying back to Brom.

You're still mildly surprised there isn't any anti-air about. It feels too easy.

...almost like a trap...



Brom
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am
"As a former assassin, insuring that my targets are properly dead was part of my job description.
I can identify a mostly-dead target from a world away!
And no, I'm saying you missed! Happens to everyone (save for me perhaps). All I'm saying is that he'd be dead if I had shot him.

Now as for orders, I think you all know what to do for the time being. Buck as before, I'd like you to meet me at the grav plant after this fighter is down.
We'll move in once the others are ready."

Fly within one kilometer of the remaining active squid fighter. ((skip to the next line if I'm already within a kilometer of him))
If said fighter is still up when I achieve that distance, fire at him once with my railgun.
After firing, fly to the grav plan and run a ship diagnostics scan.
Watch for enemy movement while the scan runs, and relay their locations to my squad mates as I spot them ((the enemy squids))

If the squid is already down before I have a chance to fire, fly to the grav plant and run a ship diagnostics scan.
While the scan is running, insure that all of my weapons are loaded.
After reloading, watch for squids on the ground and relay their positions to my squad mates as I see them.
As a former assassin, you can identify a mostly-dead target from a world away. As you soon realize, your railgun is included in this group: when you try to fire, it simply does not fire. This greatly disgruntles you, especially when Frank and Buck subsequently claim your kill for themselves. You turn and fly your ship toward the grav plant, running a diagnostics scan on the way.

Fortunately, the scan soon returns the problem: "RAILGUN DAMAGED: UNABLE TO FEED NEW ROUND INTO FIRING CHAMBER; PLEASE CONSULT MANUAL FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION"

You check the sides of the vehicle and soon realize that you don't even have a manual. This is a truly ridiculous situation you've found yourself in. Without much else to do, you look around the grav plant for enemies - but found that, if there are any, they seem to have all retreated back inside the building. This is unwise of them. Had they been outside, you would have granted them a quick death, but now it must be slow, and painful. With these thoughts in your mind, you check your weapons, making sure all of them are loaded for your inevitable landing.


  • 4 railgun shots left

Buck
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am

"Not near death!? 'course he is, fella! Yarr sayin' if I done hit 'em now, he'd still be alive? Wanna take a bet?"

Fry the remaining squid (use the MFM max once)
if I fail to kill it
-Disengage from combat with it
if there are no remaining squid fighters left
-Follow Brom to the gravplant, but don't land immediately
You charge your MFM to fire at the last squid, and then, right when it's fully charged - blast the damn thing. You and Frank manage to hit it at the exact same time, just as it's coming around for another pass at your squad - and it goes down in smoke, crashing into the buildings below.

Not bad. Good Mr. Brom, Master Assassin, on the other hand, didn't even manage to fire a shot. There seems to be something wrong with his railgun. Nevertheless, you follow Brom to the grav plant, meeting up with Gene - the new recruit - and watch.

((Low durability enemy ships mean that MFMs are particularly good against them. I'll have to be more careful of this in the future. :D))


Vynkor
Spoiler:      SHOW
0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:40 pm
F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am
"Oh, by the way, Vynkor. Apparently there were only minor damages to my ship before. Rebooting the computer started a re-routing program that fixed that problem for now."
"Oh good, I'm glad things are going well for one of us. Listen, I'm going to set down in the southwest of, uh, J4, and wait for you to deliver those coags."

I fire at the remaining squid, then fly to a quiet spot in the SW corner of J5.
I land carefully, drop the repair kit, and get out.
I grab a roll of duct tape from the kit and, if Frank's here, the coags from him.
Then I retreat to the cockpit and seal/pressurize it.
I take the top part of my suit off, being careful to disturb the bandage on my chest as little as possible, and apply some more bandages and the duct tape on my arm.
Let's see that try and slip off!
I resuit.
If I don't have the coags at this point, and Frank's here, I get the coags from him.
I apply the coags.
You fire a final shot at the remaining squid, but as you might have expected (given your current state), your shot misses entirely. You don't stick around to see whether or not they manage to take him down, instead flying out in a northerly direction, past the grav plant, until you see a nice, open spot to touch down - much like a park or something, if only it was green.

After landing as carefully as you can (note to self in the future: do not try any more landings while suffering from blood loss), you detach your repair kit with the cockpit controls, open the canopy, and climb out over the side. You sway and almost fall over when you hit the ground, but manage to make your way to the back of the vehicle and open the repair kit. Things are beginning to feel a little... fuzzy. You get out some duct tape, and Frank hands you a coagulant booster. Then, you immediately retreat to the cockpit, close the canopy, and pressurize.

Now for the fun part.

Gritting your teeth, you detach the top part of your suit around the waist and slide it carefully off over your head and down your arms. This is the first time you actually get a good look at your arm - and it's nasty. It's hardly any wonder you've had major difficulties with using your hand - not only are you going to need stitches, you're also going to need some major work done on your arm if you want to use your hand again the same way as before. Fortunately, they should be able to take care of it back on the Nemesis... hopefully. From what you've heard so far, the medbay seems like it's in horrible condition.

After peeling away some of the blood-soaked thermal undersuit - wincing in pain all the while - you liberally apply bandages (which quickly become soaked with blood) and then seal it all up with duct tape. Let's see that try to slip off. As soon becomes clear: it actually holds this time - even if it's quickly soaking through.

You hurry to get back into your suit, sealing it back up as before. Your arm feels numb. Actually, all of you is starting to feel rather numb, now that you think about it. It feels a lot better than the throbbing pain you were dealing with to begin with.

Taking the coags, you pop the cap and insert the needle into one of the four ports on the suit, just beneath your collar bone, and inject. You feel another, different, needle prick your skin beneath the suit, as the suit injects the contents of the syringe into your bloodstream. You can't feel any immediate effect, but if these work as well as Tartarus claims they do, it shouldn't be long before your arm stops bleeding beneath the bandages.

You're going to be okay. Dizzy, perhaps... but okay. Next time you're going to make sure you get an actual medical kit, though. No questions there.

  • 7 railgun shots left
Gene
Spoiler:      SHOW
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 pm
Well, you've once again managed to make a complete fool of yourself. What the hell, let's get to work.

As directed by Brom, fly towards the grav plant and regroup with the squad.
IF I am intercepted by any squids while enroute:
Fire off one or two shots at them,
but concentrate on evasion and making my way to the grav plant.
As directed, you fly towards Brom and the others, over the hiltorel city of Huhoba Qitsit. It's a cheaply-constructed thing - clearly done in a hurry. The buildings are hiltorel style - constructed almost like greenhouses, with white wall segments between green metallic frames. It looks "cookie cutter", as though they were all mass produced... which, upon closer inspection, they probably are. In fact, the material looks almost like that cheap construction alloy that... that company manufactures. You can't remember the name, but you've definitely seen it before, and know that it's mass-produced to be cheap, but sturdy to the elements.

Below you, between all the curved-roofed buildings, the civilians seem to be in a panic, fleeing from the city center - where the battle is taking place. Alpha, ahead of you, manages to knock down the last of the enemies, and you fly with the others to the grav plant.

It doesn't look much more impressive than most of the other buildings, honestly, now that you've gotten a good look at it. Same material, same structure - but it looks like there's been a lot more effort put into it, too. It's somewhat prettier than those in the areas you already flew over, and seems to have been here a lot longer. In fact, it may have been one of the first buildings they erected.




Squad Beta:
Caleb
Spoiler:      SHOW
cuisinart8 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:57 pm
As the adrenaline slowly wears off, it quickly becomes apparent just how bashed up I am. I fukcing hurt. Miss "I Was Trying to Murder You Two Seconds Ago But All My Friends Left So Please Don't Shoot" can wait for a moment.

I inject myself with painkillers to get myself back in fighting shape.

Now, for the prisoner. I was going to zap one of the tentacled bastards, but if she wants to offer herself up on a silver platter, who am I to refuse? Still, she's going to be a pain in the ass...wait a minute! Gearhead should still have some duct tape in his repair kit. I silently give thanks to the FSM for gracing Lemons with such massive dickishness as to trip the poor guy before he used all the tape before pushing the thoughts of my dead teammate from my mind. No need to get worked up, now.

I grab my electrorifle and yell at the surrendering alien.

"Don't move a muscle! Stay right where you are and obey all our commands, or I'll shoot!"

I aim the electrorifle at the alien. If she disobeys any of our orders or attempts to reach for a weapon, I fire at her with it until she is stunned.

If Ishmael tries to give her her weapons, I yell at her, "Don't take those! I'll shoot!"

If she attempts to grab the weapons, I zap her anyway.


I call out over comms. "Gearhead, if you could use your tape to restrain the prisoner over here, that'd be great!"

"Also, I do have something to tell you guys...we've got an additional objective, straight from the captain. Apparently, some dumbass left our sealed orders in the nacelle, and we're to get them back. So, uh...look for anything that looks like documents."
You're in pain, but you know how to deal with it. Calmly, you reach over to the pack at your waist, pull out a painkiller syringe, and inject it into one of the ports on the chest of your suit. You feel a prick in your skin soon thereafter as another needle within the suit injects the contents into your arteries - and the painkillers begin working to numb the pain almost immediately.

Now... for the prisoner. You were going to zap one of them, but if she wants to offer herself up? Sure, yeah, that's fine too. You'd much rather her be unconscious, though, as it makes the logistics of moving her much simpler. You'll let her stay conscious if she cooperates, but if she doesn't? She's going down. With this in mind, you take out your electrorifle, step around the corner of the rock, and shout: "Don't move a muscle! Stay right where you are and obey all our commands, or I'll shoot!"

She moves a muscle almost immediately - and fast, too. You immediately pull the trigger, only figuring out what's going on a moment later: Bob has charged at her and is trying to punch her in the face, and she's trying to stay out of the way. Normally you'd be happy with Bob for taking the initiative, but this was uncalled for, though. You gawk at him incredulously. "What the fukc, man?!" you shout. "We could actually, you know, talk to her and maybe be slightly less screwed than before!"

"CALM THYSELVES!!!" a man thunders. You turn and see a man in a fairly fat spacesuit slowly walking up the slope to your left - this must be that "Ishmael" you saw fly in earlier. "Trustworthiness is important for all," he rebukes you. "Our foe has surrendered. We do her an injustice by not honoring it! Give her a chance, and have faith!"

You're not entirely sure you like this guy. At least Bob had the right idea. Nevertheless, you decide to follow him up the slope, limping as you go. The painkillers haven't quite kicked in yet, but you can tell they're gradually starting to.

~~~

Over the next few minutes, Bob becomes distracted with squeezing the life out of Saoirse. Your attention, however, is on the squid, who identifies herself as "Aloka". She seems... very skittish. Ishmael interrogates her with a fair level of success. In the middle of it, right when Ishmael is asking her about Blinksquid, Gearhead comes over. "Caleb!" he greets you. He waves his metallic arm as he approaches. "I saw you packed some coagulant boosters back at base. Care to hand me one for our bleeding hunk of meat here?" He points at Bob.

"Sure, Gearhead," you say.

You lower your weapon long enough to slip a coagulant booster out of the holster at your side, and hold it out. He takes it and nods in appreciation. "Going to look after you after I stop him from bleeding all over the sand," he reassures you, and leaves, headed back to Bob.

You turn your attention back to the interrogation, just in time to hear Ishmael asking her about enemies in the nacelle. She won't give a straight answer, and when he presses her, she finally admits she's going to try to bolt if she sees an opportunity. Your misgivings were well-founded, it seems. You knew it couldn't be so simple. You make sure you keep your electrorifle trained on her. Fortunately, Ishmael doesn't try to return her weapons. If he had, you would've shot her anyway.

Before long, Gearhead returns (slightly worse for wear) and says to sit. You do so, and he quietly splints up your leg with splints and a very generous application of duct tape. Walking is going to be a bit awkward for a time, you realize - but thanks to your painkillers, your ankle doesn't hurt nearly as much anymore. Gearhead then focuses on your other wounds - mostly the burns/cuts on your stomach and arm. These too are quite quickly fixed and sealed, without any real issues

As Gearhead finishes, and you both get to your feet - you testing out your leg and the splint - Gearhead hands you a syringe filled with a yellow liquid. "Anti-shock meds," he explains. "If you have another trip like the one before, it should help you getting straight again. And if you can't hit yourself, there's at least a dose on you already."

"Thanks..." you say, accepting it with some measure of embarrassment. "...and sorry about that. I don't know what came over me. Old ghosts coming back to haunt me, I guess..."

"Nothing to be sorry about there," he tells you. "Just try to make sure it doesn't happen again while we are being shot at. We may be able to get some nice 'tronics for your head to keep you from falling back into it."

You're not entirely sure what to say to this suggestion.


Ishmael
Spoiler:      SHOW
outlander wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 am
I turn to look incredulously at Ishmael. "So you're saying we should leave her unrestrained so that she can stab us in the back the moment she has a chance?"
"Trustworthiness is important for all, and those who deceive are bound t' be found out eventually, and dealt with justly. In this case, 'eventually' would be rather soon. Have faith, young man."

Walk towards the surrendered Hiltorei mercenary.
"Call me Ishmael. And what is your name?"
Tell her it'd have been nice to meet her under different circumstances.
Motion her to sit down on some rock or crate.
Collect the weapons she dropped,
AND put them in a pile near me.
Sit down next to the Hiltorei,
AND use my charismatic amp to make her answer my questions truthfully and fully:
What was their mission?
Why did their commander abandon them?
How did her fallen comrade teleport around?


Continue with the friendly conversation.
Say I feel sorry for her, as she was abandoned by their commander, and that true brothers-in-arms don't do that.
Use charismatic amp again to ask her whether there are any enemies inside the nacelle.
IF there are any,
ask her (using charismatic amp) whether she wants to help us deal with them - preferably peacefully - to avoid further bloodshed, and not abandon them to be slaughtered, like that asshole commander did to her.


IF she agrees, give her her weapons back.
Walking through the dissipating dust cloud, you head toward the surrendered hiltorel. She stands across the ravine, past Caleb (whom you soon pass), with all four of her arms up in the air in the universal "see? No weapons" pose. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to be as understanding or cool-headed as you. Before you even reach the bottom of the slope upwards, Bob has already reached her and is trying to punch her in the face, and Caleb is shooting at her.

"CALM THYSELVES!!!" you thunder, utilizing the booming voice with which you used to speak to large audiences. As you lecture them, you walk up the series of slopes toward your new captive. "Trustworthiness is important for all! Our foe has surrendered, and we do her an injustice by not honoring it! Give her a chance, and have faith!" Having been thoroughly chastised, both Caleb and Bob stand down. Bob soon finds himself distracted with running over toward Saoirse, and Caleb follows you to the prisoner, who has turned and is watching you with some apprehension. She's fairly normal for a hiltorel, you'd say. Her skin is a greyish-green, except for a large whitish patch on her chest that looks something like a shield from olden times. Her tentacles, of course, remind you of the FSM. These squids are not to be trusted; they are an abomination to His holy image. For now, though, you'll treat her kindly.


"Peace, child. Call me Ishmael," you say to her with a respectful nod. "And what is your name?"

She hesitates visibly, but says, "Aloka." After a pause, she corrects herself: "Tuse Aloka."

You nod. "It would have been nice to meet you under different circumstances. Why don't you have a seat?" You wave a hand in the direction of a flat rock nearby, and she obediently complies. She still looks fairly worried, but you pay this no heed. With a close eye on her (and with Caleb backing you up), you go over to Aloka's pile of dropped weapons and pick them up, and then head back to Aloka - who hasn't moved and is watching you keenly with her big, dark eyes. You drop the weapons in a pile and sit down on a rock across from her. She looks like she's about to say something, but stops herself and frowns.

Now, you'll interrogate her - but in a non-harmful way. You concentrate on her mind with your charismatic amps, and begin asking questions. The first of these: "What was your mission here?"

She begins speaking immediately, as though there's no problem with what you're asking at all. You can feel the amp doing its job. "Lysoba hired us from Fuhodo Station, to come down to the surface of Nanyej and oversee the scavenging operation here. If anyone from Tartarus showed up, we were to kill them."

You nod. With the amp still in effect, she still believes that telling you all this is completely reasonable and her own choice. You give her mind a softer touch with the amp's tendrils, and the apprehension gradually eases from her face as well. You ask your next question: "Why did your commander abandon you?"

"We failed the mission," Aloka says simply. You feel your grasp of her mind beginning to weaken, and apply a little more pressure. She winces slightly, and suddenly continues, "Lysoba mentioned that she didn't expect any resistance from Tartarus. As part of our contract, if you attacked, and we were unable to handle it, she would leave us and return to her ship. We accepted. What could go wrong, right? I mean, it's just humans."

"Hmm..." you muse. Just humans? Seems a bit insulting, but you let it go. After a moment, you think of another question: "Your fallen comrade - how was he able to teleport around?"

"He wasn't my comrade," she says, actually dodging the question. "We weren't part of a mercenary group. Lysoba hired us separately. She took whomever she could find that appeared able." By this point, she seems to have realized that she's not fully in control of her speech, and it appears she's testing whether she has control over what she says. She's definitely beginning to distrust you - and, naturally, Caleb, who has a gun pointed at her head. She finishes, "I don't know how he did it."

You lean forward, focusing on her face. "But how do you think he did it?"

"Most likely grafts, infusions or implants," she says. At first it looks like she'll leave it here, but after you give her a look of disapproval, she decides to explain - this time completely of her own accord. "Merc life expectancy is very low out here. AM-grafts are dangerous and notoriously unstable, and usually lead to addiction and long-term degeneration at best - but if you have the money and you're expecting to die within a few years anyway, why would you care about long-term effects? It's illegal tech, sure, but if it gives you a chance to stay alive..." Aloka trails off, unsure if you're even interested.

"Thank you," you say, reassuring her. "That's very informative."

She nods.

Getting up, you stretch your legs for a moment and sit back down, trying to find a more comfortable way to sit on your little boulder, and then say, "I feel sorry for you, Aloka. You were abandoned by your commander. True brothers-in arms would never do that."

"It was part of the agreement," she says, shrugging her shoulders - a remarkably human gesture, and not one often adopted by hiltorel, you note.

You ask: "Are there any enemies still in the nacelle?"

She hesitates. This time, she's very clearly fighting your amp. You try to focus more of your willpower on her, and she tries to counter it. Eventually, she stops straining against you, but only says, "I don't know."

"Aloka, child," you say calmly, with gentle reproach. You let up on the charismatic amp, and as you continue to speak, she slowly begins to relax. "We accepted your surrender. We are trying to help you, not hurt you. I ask only because I want to give you the opportunity to help us deal with them peacefully to avoid further bloodshed. You wouldn't abandon them to be slaughtered like your commander did to you, would you? We only want you to help us." When she doesn't answer, you suddenly put full pressure on her mind with the charismatic amp to draw one final answer out of her: "What will you do?"

Immediately she answers, "I plan to escape as soon as I see an opportunity." As soon as the words leave her mouth, she grimaces visibly at herself; you can almost feel her cursing at herself in her mind. She glares at you helplessly, but makes no threatening move, and you merely sit and watch her: a poor, lost child that has fallen from His divine, noodly grace.



Seersha
Spoiler:      SHOW
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 am
cuisinart8 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:27 pm
"As for your question, Saorise, he said they'd be in a sealed, black-and-red box with the old Captain's name on it, if I recall."
"It's pronounced Seersha, and I'll see if I can find something."

So. No PSI pack, no blinky device...
Weird... how did he control those PSI things then?

First off: it at any point our captive makes an attempt to flee, attack or go away ((whether or not becuase of Ishmael)) I try to stasis him (up to four times).

I pick up Spoon again, and use my PDA to scan Blinky, trying to figure out whether he had some implants or so.
Then I get in my ship and fly and land it somewhere closer to the nacelle, and get out again ((see picture))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image
I run towards Bob, tackle-hug him and say "Bob! You're alive!"
Then, when I notice him being harmed, I gently help him towards Gearhead (but not right where Gearhead wants to land) to get patched up.
Then I walk around the battlefield, checking the boxes for one matching Caleb's description. If I find it, I pick it up and carry it to my CASKET, and attach it to my leftover aux slot or in my cargo pod (depending on whether or not it's magnetic enough to stick).
I also observe the ships standing there for anything interesting. (such as PSI equipment, upgrades or other weapons).
I walk over to the nacelle and look into the hole in the side (use my helmet lamp if it's dark).
If I see enemies there (not counting our captive), I get in the nearest cover (in which case, ignore the actions after this).

Finally, I walk over to where Lemons crashed down.


He might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but he didn't deserve to die so soon... poor guy.
If his exoskeleton is still salvageable, I gently remove it from his body and go dump it in my cargo pod.
Then, I use my grav amp to dig a hole in the ground next to him, push his body into it, use my grav amp to fill it again, and pile some rocks on his grave.
Finally, I play him Hector the Hero on my bagpipes.
(( note to Tal: irish bagpipes are bellow blown, not mouth blown, so no that doesn't involve taking of my helmet, I'm not Francis :ghost:
Also reminder that my bagpipes are on a quickdraw slot, because this is important obviously :D ))
You pick up Spoon. Taking out your PDA, you search through the menus until you find something that might be a scan, and attempt to initiate a scan on Blinksquid - hopefully to determine whether he had implants or something. After scanning for a few moments, your PDA asserts: "TRACE ANOMALOUS MATERIALS DETECTED. COMPOSITION UNKNOWN." Not entirely helpful, but at least you know that anomalous materials were involved.

Turning around, you see that Ishmael has already left, and in fact hear him shouting at (apparently) Caleb over the comms. Meanwhile, Gearhead is in his CASKET patching up his chest. You decide to head over to your own ship - walking in a wide circle around Gearhead, just in case he takes off - and climb into your cockpit. After you seal up the canopy, you take off, making a short hop over to where Bob was standing last... except Bob is no longer there. Your heart catches in your chest for a moment as you worry that something may have happened to him: you see a trail of smeared, dirty blood and fear the worst - especially when you realize that you haven't heard Bob say anything in a long while.

But he's all right! He's over near the hiltorel captive. When he sees you, he starts coming towards you. You run towards him, and he runs down the nearby slope to meet you at the bottom. As soon as he gets to you, he picks you up, tossing you into the air and spinning around with you. His strength is incredible. "Saoirse-boss back!" he exults loudly - and when he sets you down, you give him a big hug. "Bob, you're alive!" you laugh. "I was worried!" You share a special moment together as Bob talks excitedly about the things he did - but then you notice that your suit is covered in blood. You soon track it to its source.

"Bob, show me your hand," you say. He seems reluctant, but soon reveals the wound: a horrible mutilation of suit, skin and flesh, dripping blood and already coated with a layer of blood-muddied dust.

Just then, over to your right, Gearhead lands his ship in the bottom of the ravine below you. "Bob, let's go over to Gearhead so he can patch you up, okay?" Bob agrees, and you take him over there. It isn't long before Gearhead starts working. Bob initially puts up a fight, but after some effort, you manage to calm him down enough for Gearhead to finish.

As soon as Bob is fixed up, you leave and begin hastily looking around the battlefield, cursorily checking the boxes for the one matching Caleb's description. When that fails, you instead glance around at the ships for something interesting - PSI equipment, upgrades or other weapons. The ships that remain look like cheap personal transports - not anything useful, really, except for getting from point A to point B. You suspect that Lysoda and her mercs probably arrived on some other craft, and figure most of them probably aren't worth your time.

You also glance into the nacelle. There are a lot of "entrances" - naturally, as the nacelle was ripped clean of the Nemesis, the side of it actually ended up looking something like an ant farm. There are definite signs of some sort of internal explosive devices causing major structural weak points before it sheared off during atmospheric entry... just as SCAMPS and the others suspected. Most of the floors are too high to reach, though, save for where the hiltorel seem to have erected a dirt ramp beneath an overhang. You cautiously ascend this ramp and peek inside.

It seems to be a major hallway. The power is off of course, being disconnected from the Nemesis's generator, and instead, you see a number of hastily-attached bulb lights stuck on the walls. Hiltorel are slightly better at seeing in the dark than you are, but they still need light. The ceiling in the entrance room looks particularly... unstable. Pieces of the floor above (and the insulation/wiring between the floor) seem to have crumbled in several areas - possibly melted due to the extreme heat, or ruptured due to extreme gravitational forces during the crash-landing. In a few places, large crates and containers - far too large and heavy to be moved without serious equipment - have fallen through the floor above and lay, ramshackle, on the ground. Some are even busted open - these have been thoroughly looted. Unfortunately, your little exploratory expedition comes to a rapid halt when you hear a dull groaning and sharp screech coming from deeper within, followed by a loud crash. The floor shakes. The nacelle might be a little more unstable than SCAMPS had counted on.

You make a hasty retreat back outside.

Finally, you walk over to where Lemons fell. He's a horrible, gory mess - his head is decapitated and looks caved in, and his torso... máthair dé, it's an ugly mess. As his loving teammate, the first thing you check is whether his gear is lootable. Spoilers: It's not. As you might have expected, the exoskeleton didn't exactly like the eleven-floor drop off the top of the nacelle any more than Lemons did, and is in as many pieces. His Gauss rifle looks to be okay, but you're not remotely interested in that.

Using your grav amp, you try to lift up a nice patch of earth to make a hole to drop his corpse (or the pieces of it) into, but this fails to do anything beside throwing a (very thick) cloud of dust into the air. You're not actually sure why it would've worked, now that you think about it - after all, you did just use it on the terrain several times and all it created was a dust cloud (as it did this time). As a result, you're forced to do the only thing you can do: pile rocks on him.

This, fortunately, goes a lot more smoothly.

Before long, you've gotten Lemons' dismembered corpse completely covered with dust, loose dirt, pebbles and large rocks (thoroughly draining your grav amp in the process) and are now ready to start playing the bagpipes. ...And they're already in your hands - and not just in your hands, but you're holding them the correct way! You're not sure whether to be pleased that the guys back on the Nemesis thought to put so much effort into this, or disgusted that they put so much effort into this when it could've been put somewhere else, but... it's certainly nice either way.

And so, you play Lemons Hector the Hero on your bagpipes - likely the first time that world has heard music from Uileann pipes, and also, likely, the last. You honor Lemons with your playing. May he rest in pieces.



Gearhead
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:27 am
take my medkit and the required stuff from my repair kit ((duct tape, suit repair patches, blah))
place myself in the cockpit of my CASKET
fix up my chest and suit in the relative safety of the pressurised cockpit
Mumble something about missing tools and shitty work environment.

after the fixing is done do a short jump with the CASKET to a central position to minimise running
yell like a madman during landing approach to get everyone to avoid my landing spot ((GET OUTTA MAH WAE YOU DIRTY MEATBAGS BEFORE I SQUASH YOU UNDER MY LANDING GEAR! Oh, Saoirse, would you kindly move yourself and your retarded pet out of the way? I'd like to land here.))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Get out of the CASKET
"Caleb! I saw you packed some coagulant boosters back at base. Care to hand me one for our bleeding hunk of meat here? Going to look after you after i stopped him from bleeding all over the sand"
Fetch a unit of coagulant boosters from Caleb

Gesture Saoirse to bring Bob over, go towards them, put Bob down on the ground/a rock ((LIKE THE DYING DOG HE IS! .. jk))
"Bob, this whole stuff will probably hurt like hell now. Im going to give you some meds to dull the pain and to reduce your bleeding, but me messing around with your wound isnt going to be fun even with the meds. Try to keep still and steady."
inject bob with a dose of painkiller and coagulant boosters each
clean bob's wound out as good as possible with the tools available
"Hold tight Bob, this is going to really hurt. Try not to hit me when the pain sets in."
get a piece of repair metal sheeting out of the repair kit, heat it with the blowtorch and use it to cauterise the worst parts in Bob's hand
get whatever gunk is now in the wound and pack it in with some gauze. and a layer of duct tape to keep that stuff somewhat safe
"That should keep you going for now, and on the ship we can get you some new and shiny metalloplast hand with some more durable outer layers, wouldnt that be nice? :D"

get over to Caleb
Splint up his ankle with splints from the medkit and some generous application of duct tape from the repair kit
clean his other wounds and cautherise them like before if necessary
gauze up the wounds and medical tape it in place. Seal suit breaches

hand caleb one of my anti shock syringes
"Anti-Shock meds. If you have another trip like the one before it should help you getting straight again. And if you cant hit yourself, theres at least a dose on you already"
Walking back through the dust cloud you threw, you pass Ishmael again. He gives you a nod. You say nothing. His kind wouldn't have lasted long at all on your homeworld: fat, fleshy, and stupid? Not a chance. He's even meatier than most meatsacks you've seen.

Back at your CASKET, you open your repair kit and take out some gear such as duct tape, and then close it back, climbing into your cockpit and sealing the canopy. After it filters out the Nanyejian air and pressurizes, you fix your chest, muttering in disgust and frustration all the while about stupid REKT protocols, Tartarus Inc., missing tools, shitty work environment and more. You quickly stitch up your chest (which isn't a remotely pleasant experience) and soon take off for a quick hop over to the middle of the ravine, just ahead of where Caleb was earlier.

As soon as you exit your CASKET, Saoirse is already upon you with Bob, whose hand seems to be in fairly bad condition. Again you find yourself lamenting the fact that there aren't any augments within easy reach to install, and, on seeing how badly Bob is dripping blood, say you'll be back after a moment.

"Caleb!" you call out, walking up the slopes at the side of the ravine. He's got his gun trained on the hiltorel captive, who seems to be answering questions put forth by Ishmael. You're not particularly interested in this at the moment, having a job to do. "Caleb, I saw you packed some coagulant boosters back at base. Care to hand me one for our bleeding hunk of meat here?"

"Sure, Gearhead," Caleb says amicably, lowering his electrorifle long enough to pull out a coagulant booster and toss it to you. You take it, and reassure him that he's next on your list to fix, as you head back towards Bob, silently dreading this. You've never had to work on children before. You hate children. Every child you've ever been around has found some way to annoy you.

~~~

Bob turns out to be no exception to this rule.

"AHHHHHH! AAAAHHHHHH! AAAOOO-OOOWWWWWW!" Thrashing around violently, Bob manages to clock you a solid one right in the face, sending you sprawling on your back several paces away. "Why you try to hurt Bob?!" the big oaf shouts, leveling an angry glare at you.

You sit back up, holding your head and being glad that your helmet soaked up most of it. "I'm not trying to hurt you!" you retort in frustraton. "I'm trying to keep you from bleeding all over the place and getting weak and sick from that bad wound you have there." You're trying to use small words so his little brain can understand.

His little brain doesn't. "No! You try to hurt Bob!" he insists, getting up and cradling his hand. He towers over you. "You did! Bob saw! Bob... felt!"

"Bob, calm down," Saoirse says. "It's okay."

Bob sniffles. "But Saoirse-boss, bad Gear-man try to hurt Bob..."

"He's not trying to hurt you. He's trying to fix your hand," the girl says. "It's okay, Bob. Calm down. He's trying to make you stop bleeding so you won't get sick."

Distraught, Bob looks from Saoirse, to you, then back again. "But... but Saoirse-boss, it hurt..."

You frown somewhat impatiently. "I can't do more than pump you full of painkillers and warn you of the pain. Can I go on now?" You have a rapidly-growing list of things to fix, and you'd like to be permitted to continue.

"Bob, it's okay," Saoirse says again. "I'll be here with you. Let's let him finish fixing your hand, okay?"

He starts to look a little hopeful. "Saoirse-boss... stay with Bob?"

"Yes, right here with you," she assures him. "It's going to be okay. It's going to hurt a little while, and then it'll be better."

Nodding, sniffling, Bob sits back down and lets you work on him. You cauterize the wound, pack it in with some gauze, and use a liberal application of duct tape to keep everything sturdy. "That should keep you going for now," you tell him, as Saoirse leaves in a hurry to start searching for loot. "On the ship, we can get you a new and shiny metalloplast hand with some more durable outer layers, wouldn't that be nice?" Your patient doesn't even entirely seem to understand.

~~~

Now at Caleb, you begin fixing up his problem - likely, from what you can tell, a fractured ankle or something of the sort. It's not broken, from what you can tell, and without taking off the suit you can't be sure of the damage... but he's already applied painkillers and doesn't seem to be bleeding profusely inside the suit... so you figure it's safe to throw a splint on him and send him off. This doesn't take much time easier, and is in fact much more of a joy than it was to work with Bob.





Bob
Spoiler:      SHOW
Cha0zz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Sprint to the enemy that just surrendered himself
When I reach him, give him a good wack with my fist to knock him unconscious.

Say "Don't worry Bob-Boss got last meany" over the comms.

When Saoirse starts running towards me: start running towards her, hug her and lift her from the ground while spinning and grinning like a madman.
" Saoirse-boss back :D"
Then carefully put Saoirse back on the ground

When Gearhead tries to cauterise my hand:
- If it hurts, starts trashing around, trying to trow gearhead of me, if I succeed, give him an angry look "Why you try to hurt Bob?"
- If it doesn't hurt and after he is finished: Thank you Mr. Gearhead-Boss, could you fix Bob-Boss' ship too?

After all this walk back to my ship, pick up some alien gear that the dead guys dropped and put it in my ship, then enter my ship and put Jimmy on the dashboard.
Try to start my ship again.

If at any point I am under attack by hostiles:
- If they are in melee range:
-- Show them the mighty power of the crowbar
Else:
-- Show them the mighty power of the minigun
Now's your chance!! The final squid is wide open! Putting away your weapon, you sprint as fast as you can toward the enemy, running up the embankment and a steep slope as Caleb shouts at her from below - and throw your best, strongest punch right at her face. Unfortunately, she dodges, moving like water over to the side with the use of her tentacles. Immediately after, Caleb starts shooting at her - but someone else interrupts both of you right before you're about to throw a second punch - preferably with the hand that isn't bleeding so terribly.

"CALM THYSELVES!!!" a voice thunders over the comms. You look around and see a man in a rather fat spacesuit ascending the side of the ravine. You don't remember having seen him before. "Trustworthiness is important for all! Our foe has surrendered, and we do her an injustice by not honoring it! Give her a chance, and have faith!"

You step back and watch quietly for a moment, as the new guy (Ishmael, apparently) and Caleb come up and start questioning her - but then, on hearing a roar of thrusters, look up and see a ship land nearby, down near where you'd been a little while ago. Saoirse gets out! Excitedly, you run over to her, and she runs toward you - and when you reach each other, you pick her up easily, tossing her into the air and spinning around with her. "Saoirse-boss back!" you laugh loudly and happily.

When you set her down, she gives you a big hug, laughing as well. "Bob, you're alive! I was so worried!"

"No worry, Saoirse-boss," you assure her, and return her embrace.

Then, she leans back, looking first at her bloodied suit - then at yours - and then at your hand. "Bob, show me your hand," she orders quietly. You don't want to worry Saoirse-boss, but... there isn't much choice. She's looking at you quite sternly. Reluctantly, you show her your hand. It's a mess - the skin is ripped off the back, it's muddy and still bleeding pretty badly. Some of your fingers aren't working properly either, and it hurts really badly - but your adrenaline is keeping it from being too much of a bother for now.

Just then, over to your right, another ship sets down. It's Gearhead, you notice.

"Bob, let's go over to Gearhead so he can patch you up, okay?" Saoirse suggests. You mutely nod, and follow her. Your hand throbs.

~~~

You shout and struggle as Gearhead holds a piece of hot metal against the back of your hand, thrashing about wildly. "AHHHHHH! AAAAHHHHHH! AAAOOO-OOOWWWWWW!" What is he trying to do, torture you? Because it sure as hell feels like it! You manage to clock Gearhead right in the jaw, sending him sprawling on his back a few paces away. "Why you try to hurt Bob?!" you shout, leveling an angry glare at him.

Gearhead, holding his head, sits back up and retorts, "I'm not trying to hurt you! I'm trying to keep you from bleeding all over the place, and getting weak and sick from that bad wound you have there."

He's lying. You know it. "No!" you insist vehemently. "You try to hurt Bob!" You get up, cradling your hand. "You did! Bob saw. Bob..." Pausing, you search for the correct word. "Bob felt!" Yes, that's the word. You sure as hell felt it. He said the painkiller shots in the chest piece of your suit would help keep it from hurting as much. Clearly, he lied. He is a bad man.

"Bob, calm down," Saoirse-boss says. She's over at your side, just returned from looking around for loot. "It's okay."

Sniffling, you try to explain to her. "But... Saoirse-boss, bad Gear-man try to hurt Bob... he hurt Bob."

"He's not trying to hurt you," she explains. "He's trying to fix your hand. It's okay Bob, calm down. He's trying to make you stop bleeding so you won't get sick."

Is she really on Gear-man's side? Distraught, you look from her, to Gearhead (who looks rather cross) and then back to Saoirse again. She looks like she means well. Does she just not understand? "But... but Saoirse-boss, it hurt..." Or maybe, you realize - maybe you don't understand. You pause as you try to process what they've said.

Gearhead frowns impatiently at you. "I can't do more than pump you full of painkillers and warn you of the pain. Can I go on now?"

You hesitate, and Saoirse-boss again reassures you. "Bob, it's okay. I'll be here with you. Let's let him finish fixing your hand, okay?"

"Saoirse-boss... stay with Bob?" This makes you feel a little hopeful. You'd very much like her to stay here with you. That would make it much less scary.

She nods. "Yes, right here with you. It's going to be okay. It'll hurt for a little while, and then it'll be better."

Nodding, sniffling, you sit back down and let Gearhead keep working. It hurts like hell, and you squeeze Saoirse-boss's arm very tightly when it does (she winces a bit, but you're focusing too much on your hand to really notice), but with her there, you're able to let Gearhead finish. He fixes your wound, stops it from bleeding, and tapes it up with bandages and duct tape.

Saoirse leaves, looking for more loot or something, and Gearhead packs away his tools. "That should keep you going for now," he tells you. "On the ship, we can get you a new and shiny metalloplast hand with some more durable outer layers - wouldn't that be nice?"

You have no clue what he just said, but note (with some measure of satisfaction) that he has a slight nosebleed.

~~~

Back at your ship, you stand, looking at it. It's crashed into the dirt and has pushed up some around the front. It's smoking, slightly. It looks pretty bad off. Sighing, you climb inside, glad that the painkillers have finally kicked in enough that your hand doesn't hurt anymore.

After setting Jimmy on the dash, you try to start your ship up again. It hums a bit, and you hear the engines whirr, but it won't take off. You aren't sure why.

...part of you wonders if it's bad Gear-man's fault somehow.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#455
Via the radio comms, making sure the Hiltorei doesn't hear me:

"Brothers, I have some answers for you."

"Apparently, the Deceivers were hired by the Commander Lysoda to oversee scavenging and kill any of the Tartarus personnel. Arr! They failed. I am quite sure there are more enemies inside the nacelle; we should proceed with caution."

"Young Saoirse, the foe who was teleporting around did so using illegal body augmentations. You've searched the surface, while you should have been looking inside. After all, the truth never hides in plain sight, unless it's the Lord's truth."

"Gearhead, esteemed engineer, you are the best qualified to look for it. Would you go over the fallen foe's body, and search for anything that's looking like an augmentation? If we can't recover it, we should probably take the whole body with us."

"Caleb, esteemed soldier, and Bob-boss, Hiltorei left plenty of toys lying around. Why don't you collect them? But don't forget to share with Uncle Ishmael. For, as the commandment goes, 'Love thy neighbor as thyself, and share pasta and rum drinks galore, for in the eyes of His Noodlitude, we are all One ', OK? "
Image
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#456
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#457
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
"As much as I love explosions, I'd prefer it if you not blow up our mission objective, Buck.
This situation must be handled with a level of finesse that only a master assassin possesses.
Fortunately I happen to know one in the area."
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#458
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:47 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
"As much as I love explosions, I'd prefer it if you not blow up our mission objective, Buck.
This situation must be handled with a level of finesse that only a master assassin possesses.
Fortunately I happen to know one in the area."
Confused and annoyed:

"What damn obje-"

A moment of realization comes

"I mean, what of the damn objective? Them magic fuel can withstand 100 tonnes o' TNT, I've read it somewhere, I swear. A measly bomb such as this won't do nothin' to it. In fact, it'll probably make it even easier for us to find it - just fly down into the crater and scoop up all the glowin' purple crystals we see."

"Now, instead o' bein' such a killjoy, get a camera and film this, this gunna be glorious!"

Everyone listening to the radio can hear Buck enthusiastically typing something and warnings going off about the bomb becoming armed
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#459
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:47 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
"Heh, looks like 'em squids are scared. Come out, ya damn cowards! Hold on, I have n' idea.. They obviously dun' know I have this 'ere bomb with me. Brom, watch how a real professional deals with things!"

((Alright, my character is actually crazy enough to consider doing something like this, especially since AFAIK he's still drunk from the drink he had back on the Nemesis (which wasn't long ago IIRC and was basically pure alcohol mixed with a little water). My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? I'm not sure exactly how powerful this bomb is and how secure the stellaplex inside is. I have no intention of completely derailing/screwing up the entire mission, or getting us TPK'd.))
"As much as I love explosions, I'd prefer it if you not blow up our mission objective, Buck.
This situation must be handled with a level of finesse that only a master assassin possesses.
Fortunately I happen to know one in the area."
Confused and annoyed:

"What damn obje-"

A moment of realization comes

"I mean, what of the damn objective? Them magic fuel can withstand 100 tonnes o' TNT, I've read it somewhere, I swear. A measly bomb such as this won't do nothin' to it. In fact, it'll probably make it even easier for us to find it - just fly down into the crater and scoop up all the glowin' purple crystals we see."

"Now, instead o' bein' such a killjoy, get a camera and film this, this gunna be glorious!"

Everyone listening to the radio can hear Buck enthusiastically typing something and warnings going off about the bomb becoming armed
"Lemons! When did you switch places with Buck!?
Now is not the time for such foolish plans. We are here to retrieve the "magic fuel" not vaporize it!"
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#461
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:01 pm
My question is, would bombing the gravplant risk screwing up the entire mission? Or getting us all killed? ))
(( Yes.
a) it's a nuke.
b) they have a much larger blast radius in an atmosphere:
30-meter fireball
Severe damage within 140 meters
Thermal radiation radius 300 meters
Moderate damage within 350 meters
Note that the second is already larger than the infantry map you had before :ghost: ))
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#462
outlander wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:18 pm
"Young Saoirse, the foe who was teleporting around did so using illegal body augmentations. You've searched the surface, while you should have been looking inside. After all, the truth never hides in plain sight, unless it's the Lord's truth."
"I'm not stupid, Ishmael, I did look inside, that's why I scanned his corpse - and found traces of anomalous material. Anyway, that confirms what I thought. Guess we should try and find a way to bring him along. Bit inconvenient only one person here brought a cargo pod, though."
Last edited by Dinosawer on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#463
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:47 pm


"As much as I love explosions, I'd prefer it if you not blow up our mission objective, Buck.
This situation must be handled with a level of finesse that only a master assassin possesses.
Fortunately I happen to know one in the area."
Confused and annoyed:

"What damn obje-"

A moment of realization comes

"I mean, what of the damn objective? Them magic fuel can withstand 100 tonnes o' TNT, I've read it somewhere, I swear. A measly bomb such as this won't do nothin' to it. In fact, it'll probably make it even easier for us to find it - just fly down into the crater and scoop up all the glowin' purple crystals we see."

"Now, instead o' bein' such a killjoy, get a camera and film this, this gunna be glorious!"

Everyone listening to the radio can hear Buck enthusiastically typing something and warnings going off about the bomb becoming armed
"Lemons! When did you switch places with Buck!?
Now is not the time for such foolish plans. We are here to retrieve the "magic fuel" not vaporize it!"
Angrily shuts off the bomb and says:

"God damn it, partner, why do ya always have to undermine my plans? The plan ain't foolish, it's smart, and we both know it! What's your plan, that we stroll to the door, knock and ask for the magic fuel?"
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#464
Buck ó Boom wrote: "Now, instead o' bein' such a killjoy, get a camera and film this, this gunna be glorious!"

Everyone listening to the radio can hear Buck enthusiastically typing something and warnings going off about the bomb becoming armed
"Ohhh nononononononononononononono, don't do that! The hiltorel would pull back their proficient fighters for sure, and even if we managed to get away under those conditions we'd lose our heads back at the Nemesis!"
Buck wrote: "God damn it, partner, why do ya always have to undermine my plans? The plan ain't foolish, it's smart, and we both know it! What's your plan, that we stroll to the door, knock and ask for the magic fuel?"
"Or we try to take the roof off and shoot them with our CASKET's?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#465
Spoiler:      SHOW
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 am
Hema wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Confused and annoyed:

"What damn obje-"

A moment of realization comes

"I mean, what of the damn objective? Them magic fuel can withstand 100 tonnes o' TNT, I've read it somewhere, I swear. A measly bomb such as this won't do nothin' to it. In fact, it'll probably make it even easier for us to find it - just fly down into the crater and scoop up all the glowin' purple crystals we see."

"Now, instead o' bein' such a killjoy, get a camera and film this, this gunna be glorious!"

Everyone listening to the radio can hear Buck enthusiastically typing something and warnings going off about the bomb becoming armed
"Lemons! When did you switch places with Buck!?
Now is not the time for such foolish plans. We are here to retrieve the "magic fuel" not vaporize it!"
Angrily shuts off the bomb and says:

"God damn it, partner, why do ya always have to undermine my plans? The plan ain't foolish, it's smart, and we both know it! What's your plan, that we stroll to the door, knock and ask for the magic fuel?"
"Think Buck, think! We need that stellaplex to live! We're not going to be digging it out of the rubble after you nuke it because it will no longer exist!
That might look bad on my record, so I'd prefer it if you not use that bomb right now.
As for my plan, I say we go up to the plant on foot to greet my adoring fans. Now it may take some convincing, but they should allow you guys through since you're with me. After they eagerly let us in, you can blow everyone inside to tiny bits with your grav gun. People will be talking about the resulting mess for years to come! After everything's splattered, we can grab the stellaplex and leave.

Also at some point, I'd like for Frank or Vynka to take a look at my railgun. It seems it's managed to jam itself.
Just what I'd expect from a cheap fighter, you never can trust them to work correctly. "
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron