Return to “REKT”

Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#436
Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm
"That's Brom, Mr. Weber.
The only one who calls me Broom is Vynkor, and that's only because I got in the habit of calling her Vynka.
Your memory must be a bit fuzzy, Gene. I was a galactic celebrity before I was brought aboard the Nemesis!
Don't feel bad though, I've been gone for about thirty years now after all. It's only natural that people would forget.
You will soon be in awe of my talents as I lead the squad to glory!
Ahem, getting a bit off track again. I told you we could discuss my greatness at a later date.

Someone with your skill sets could prove quite useful to the squad. I look forward to working with you.
I believe it would be best if I issued you some orders. We'll likely finish up with the remaining enemies before you arrive, so don't worry about combat just yet.
For now, just join us over at the grav plant. Fire off a shot at one of the guards there if you feel like it, or the squid fighter if it's still up for some reason."
"Thank you, Mr. Brom Keegan. Thirty years, eh? I was put under around that same time. I'll have to jog my memory, in that case.
Also, forgive me for intruding on your personal life – but are you and this 'Vynka' character a bit of an item?"
((For the record, I'm totally shipping the two of you. :ghost:))
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 am
"Damn, another replacement? So I guess that means the Mill fella's dead too? That's, what, two people now?"

*chuckles*

"If yer plans continue killin' people at this rate, Brom, I'll be the only one left standin' at the end of this here mission!"

Adressing the new person, via a private channel:

"Hey there, feller, n' welcome to our squad! We're much better than the other one! Brom here's the, ahem, leader, but many here call me true mastermind of the squad. Name's Buck."
In a private channel to Buck:

"Pleasure to meet you, Buck. I wonder what the dynamic is between you and Brom, what with you calling yourself the mastermind and Brom, well, just being his usual self as far as I can tell."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 am
I'd wish they stopped arguing all the time...I really wouldn't be surprised if this escalated into something worse...should've probably stayed with beta, all things withstanding...

*annoyed and a bit resigned, via personal channel to Gene*

"Welcome to the squad where most of the members annoy each other, argue about unimportant things and have some serious signs of megalomania. Please try not to get caught up too much in this dynamic...*sigh*"
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:51 pm
"Ohhh!!! Oh, that's great news!" you hear her exult over the comms. It's static-laden and a bit difficult to understand. "So long as you're there - do they have any nice cuisine? I always wondered what those aliens ate. I bet it's delicious! .... Oh, and, yes, Beta is one hundred percent a-okay!! They had some initial problems, and one died, but that's fine! Don't worry about them - I sent them reinforcements too!"
That...doesn't sound like "a-okay!!" to me...Is she personally ok anyway? I start to doubt it....Just...humour her for now, I guess...

"Uhm...that...uh... ...*deep breath* Who did they lose? I hope the rest is ok for the moment? And...uh...no, we haven't gotten our hands on local cuisine yet. We're looking though, absolutely."


((Seriously tempted to try and bring back some food for Cho atm :D ))
In a private channel to Frank(?):

"Thank you, uh, Frank was it? I can tell that the group's dynamic may be a bit strained by Brom and Buck. How are you holding up?"
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#437
Gene wrote: In a private channel to Frank(?):

"Thank you, uh, Frank was it? I can tell that the group's dynamic may be a bit strained by Brom and Buck. How are you holding up?"
*private channel, with a sigh*

"Yes, Frank. No good example, am i? As for 'holding up' as you say it...i try not to get too involved with their antics. They are actually more bearable when it's about doing plans..
But overall..."
Cho's verbal warfare wrote: "Oh nooooo!!! That's horrible! Aw, poor Miles... I'm not going to get that 30-man squad now, am I..." Cho pauses, sighing deeply. "Anyway... Yes, of course you can bring him back. I'm sure they still have room in the recycler, and he can be put to good use there! Oh, and Frank - wait, that's Frank, right? - I only think he's dead. They said he got 'juiced', whatever that means - but that doesn't sound very healthy, right?"

"Ohhhhhh, thank you!!! I'd love to try some! I'd be so grateful if you could bring some back!" Seems like you've found yourselves a fairly unusual side-mission.
Strange priorities that she has...but those types usually react poorly when you decline their approaches...*dread* I can't believe I talked myself into a situation where she pretty much asked me for doing a food-run of all things! Dustbunny smite my idiocy!

"Yes, I'm Frank. Sorry I didn't identify myself...I didn't get around noticing that you didn't mention 'who' got " juiced", lass. And...uhm...given that we're pretty much in a combat situation we might...uh...not be able to find a food place willing to serve us right now..."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#438
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 pm
"Yes, I'm Frank. Sorry I didn't identify myself...I didn't get around noticing that you didn't mention 'who' got " juiced", lass. And...uhm...given that we're pretty much in a combat situation we might...uh...not be able to find a food place willing to serve us right now..."
"What? ...Oh!!" Your FTO laughs, somewhat abashed by this oversight. "I'm sorry! I thought for sure I told you! It was Lemons. Ishmael said Lemons 'got juiced'. -- Oh, and Ishmael is a new platoon mate of yours. ...Well, I mean it's not quite a platoon - yet anyway..." She laughs again, nervously. You can tell that at this point, she's somewhat less than certain that she'll ever get that 30-man platoon she wanted.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Image
Image
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#440
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 am
"Damn, another replacement? So I guess that means the Mill fella's dead too? That's, what, two people now?"

*chuckles*

"If yer plans continue killin' people at this rate, Brom, I'll be the only one left standin' at the end of this here mission!"
"That would be a failure to follow the plan that led to the death of Miles and Miranda. They'd still be alive and kicking had they followed orders.
Sadly, those that follow me have a tendency to sacrifice themselves to help. I'm still not entirely sure why that is."
TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:07 pm
Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm
"That's Brom, Mr. Weber.
The only one who calls me Broom is Vynkor, and that's only because I got in the habit of calling her Vynka.
Your memory must be a bit fuzzy, Gene. I was a galactic celebrity before I was brought aboard the Nemesis!
Don't feel bad though, I've been gone for about thirty years now after all. It's only natural that people would forget.
You will soon be in awe of my talents as I lead the squad to glory!
Ahem, getting a bit off track again. I told you we could discuss my greatness at a later date.

Someone with your skill sets could prove quite useful to the squad. I look forward to working with you.
I believe it would be best if I issued you some orders. We'll likely finish up with the remaining enemies before you arrive, so don't worry about combat just yet.
For now, just join us over at the grav plant. Fire off a shot at one of the guards there if you feel like it, or the squid fighter if it's still up for some reason."
"Thank you, Mr. Brom Keegan. Thirty years, eh? I was put under around that same time. I'll have to jog my memory, in that case.
Also, forgive me for intruding on your personal life – but are you and this 'Vynka' character a bit of an item?"
"I don't have a personal life. As a celebrity, my life is shown for all the galaxy to see!
And we're not really an item, no."

*Open a private channel to Gene.*
"Between you and me, I get the feeling that she's trying to keep her distance so she doesn't fall for me.
I'm sure it will happen eventually though"
Image
Breaker of fortune cookies
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#441
take my medkit and the required stuff from my repair kit ((duct tape, suit repair patches, blah))
place myself in the cockpit of my CASKET
fix up my chest and suit in the relative safety of the pressurised cockpit
Mumble something about missing tools and shitty work environment.

after the fixing is done do a short jump with the CASKET to a central position to minimise running
yell like a madman during landing approach to get everyone to avoid my landing spot ((GET OUTTA MAH WAE YOU DIRTY MEATBAGS BEFORE I SQUASH YOU UNDER MY LANDING GEAR! Oh, Saoirse, would you kindly move yourself and your retarded pet out of the way? I'd like to land here.))
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image

Get out of the CASKET
"Caleb! I saw you packed some coagulant boosters back at base. Care to hand me one for our bleeding hunk of meat here? Going to look after you after i stopped him from bleeding all over the sand"
Fetch a unit of coagulant boosters from Caleb

Gesture Saoirse to bring Bob over, go towards them, put Bob down on the ground/a rock ((LIKE THE DYING DOG HE IS! .. jk))
"Bob, this whole stuff will probably hurt like hell now. Im going to give you some meds to dull the pain and to reduce your bleeding, but me messing around with your wound isnt going to be fun even with the meds. Try to keep still and steady."
inject bob with a dose of painkiller and coagulant boosters each
clean bob's wound out as good as possible with the tools available
"Hold tight Bob, this is going to really hurt. Try not to hit me when the pain sets in."
get a piece of repair metal sheeting out of the repair kit, heat it with the blowtorch and use it to cauterise the worst parts in Bob's hand
get whatever gunk is now in the wound and pack it in with some gauze. and a layer of duct tape to keep that stuff somewhat safe
"That should keep you going for now, and on the ship we can get you some new and shiny metalloplast hand with some more durable outer layers, wouldnt that be nice? :D"

get over to Caleb
Splint up his ankle with splints from the medkit and some generous application of duct tape from the repair kit
clean his other wounds and cautherise them like before if necessary
gauze up the wounds and medical tape it in place. Seal suit breaches

hand caleb one of my anti shock syringes
"Anti-Shock meds. If you have another trip like the one before it should help you getting straight again. And if you cant hit yourself, theres at least a dose on you already"
Last edited by Cornflakes_91 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#443
Cho-best-FTO wrote: "What? ...Oh!!" Your FTO laughs, somewhat abashed by this oversight. "I'm sorry! I thought for sure I told you! It was Lemons. Ishmael said Lemons 'got juiced'. -- Oh, and Ishmael is a new platoon mate of yours. ...Well, I mean it's not quite a platoon - yet anyway..." She laughs again, nervously. You can tell that at this point, she's somewhat less than certain that she'll ever get that 30-man platoon she wanted.
Lemons...got juiced...? Dustbunny's neverleaving fluff, what the hell? Though...he didn't quite strike me as a bright one...still...

"Ishmael? I thought our new guy wa- Oh. He's with Beta then? Best of luck to them!"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#445
cuisinart8 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm
"Thanks...and sorry about that, I don't know what came over me. Old ghosts coming back to haunt me, I guess..."
"nothing to be sorry about there. just try to make sure it doesnt happen again while we are being shot at. we may be able to get some nice 'tronics for your head to keep you from falling back into that."
Post

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

#450
Sprint to the enemy that just surrendered himself
When I reach him, give him a good wack with my fist to knock him unconscious.

Say "Don't worry Bob-Boss got last meany" over the comms.

When Saoirse starts running towards me: start running towards her, hug her and lift her from the ground while spinning and grinning like a madman.
" Saoirse-boss back :D"
Then carefully put Saoirse back on the ground

When Gearhead tries to cauterise my hand:
- If it hurts, starts trashing around, trying to trow gearhead of me, if I succeed, give him an angry look "Why you try to hurt Bob?"
- If it doesn't hurt and after he is finished: Thank you Mr. Gearhead-Boss, could you fix Bob-Boss' ship too?

After all this walk back to my ship, pick up some alien gear that the dead guys dropped and put it in my ship, then enter my ship and put Jimmy on the dashboard.
Try to start my ship again.

If at any point I am under attack by hostiles:
- If they are in melee range:
-- Show them the mighty power of the crowbar
Else:
-- Show them the mighty power of the minigun
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Image
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron