Return to “General”

Re: Limit Theory Fan Contest - Discussion

No, the contest for January ends in about 15 hours. :) You made it in just under the wire, and great entry! I'm impressed that you managed to get that done in such a short timespan. :D Now I just need to round up the judges and get the other ones finished, so we can judge this one too (I've fallen... rather behind on that, but I plan on getting it straightened out in short order). I'm very happy you posted! :D Maybe we'll see another entry before the deadline, too.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Zennofska wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:09 am
Incredible work Serendipitous.

Were those planets in the background also made by you?
Heheh, thanks! :twisted:

Yup, they're both by me. The barren planet is simply a sphere using the mighty 'Lunar' bump function and some tinkering with the material.

The desert planet is a bit more complex, with one sphere covering the surface, two for the ice caps (though they're practically non-existent), one for the cloud layer and another (volumetric) sphere covering the atmosphere.

If you want to have a read, this linkee is a nice tutorial using an older version of Vue. I'm using 2016 Complete these days, but I used to work in Vue 8 Esprit.

I am very happy that we'll have four entrants this month! That pleases me very greatly. :D I'm working on getting one of the previous months judged right now. I'm going to get caught up on this one way or another. I still have all the keys as before, so I'll be able to give out the rewards properly.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Welp, there is my entry.

Due to time constaints the lyrics are quite shit, with botched pronunciations and wonky text. I am at least happy with the actual song, though.

Fun fact: For this song I used an (emulated) amiga as an synthesiser, transmitting data from FL Studios via a virtual midi cable to the tracker program on the amiga, the sound output was then routed back into FL Studios. This allowed me to apply effects semi-live with a second latency on the amiga output and quite simplified the whole process. It had been a pain to set it all up, though. The bridge part in the middle is played by the amiga alone, with only minor effects added to the sound.

Anyway, I had lots of fun composing this :D

EDIT: In hindsight, tiredness and a shortage of time is a bad combination, the "lyrics" I came up are even more awful than I first thought.
I even managed to confuse iron with copper in my stupor...
as a Chemist.
Last edited by Zennofska on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Was messing around the other day and rendered/comped out some fun stuff that made me think of LT. Not a "Hurry up, Talvieno, and get the next contest up!" post. Just some shinies to help bridge the gap until the next batch of content from the Josh, Adam, Lindsey consortium. Hope you enjoy...

Imgur Post: https://imgur.com/gallery/Gb88X
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Col. Lewis B. Puller, USMC

thesleeve wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm
Was messing around the other day and rendered/comped out some fun stuff that made me think of LT. Not a "Hurry up, Talvieno, and get the next contest up!" post. Just some shinies to help bridge the gap until the next batch of content from the Josh, Adam, Lindsey consortium. Hope you enjoy...

Imgur Post: https://imgur.com/gallery/Gb88X
That's some cool stuff right there.

This post, however, is a "Hurry up, Talvieno, and get the next contest up!" post :twisted:

Online Now