Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am
Spoiler:      SHOW
F4wk35 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am
*Ignores bickering between Brom and Buck*
0111narwhalz wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:55 pm
"Alright, nevermind. It's more than a mess. Frank, I'm going to need those coags sooner rather than later."
"More than a mess?? Agh damn! Try to find cover and land there, I'll be with you in a moment! Stay safe!"
Buck wrote: "Hey, weren't there 5 of us or somethin' when we came here? It's gettin' real hard for me to count when I'm this dry!"
Wait, what??

*checks*

"Last I saw of Miles was when he and Vynkor got under attack. Before my computer broke down..."
"Who's Mil -- ya know what, nevermind, it's not important."
Hema wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 am
Hapchazzard wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 am

"You call this here beat up badly? Pfft. You've obviously never been to no serious fight, else you'd know tis' barely qualifies as a scratch! But if ya insist on bein' stubborn, I'll let ya handle the last squid, I've damaged it to near-death anyway."
"I've been in plenty of serious fights! You are right though that I don't know what a serious injury is like, as my foes are seldom able to land even a grazing blow.
*sigh* Such is the fate of one as skilled as I. Had I more time, I might take a few of them under my wing.
As for your squid, that's hardly what I would call "near death". Had I have done the job he'd be dead already!
Unfortunately I had other matters to attend to. "
"Not near death!? 'course he is, fella! Yarr sayin' if I done hit 'em now, he'd still be alive? Wanna take a bet?"

Fry the remaining squid (use the MFM max once)
if I fail to kill it
-Disengage from combat with it
if there are no remaining squid fighters left
-Follow Brom to the gravplant, but don't land immediately

"As a former assassin, insuring that my targets are properly dead was part of my job description.
I can identify a mostly-dead target from a world away!
And no, I'm saying you missed! Happens to everyone (save for me perhaps). All I'm saying is that he'd be dead if I had shot him.

Now as for orders, I think you all know what to do for the time being. Buck as before, I'd like you to meet me at the grav plant after this fighter is down.
We'll move in once the others are ready."

Fly within one kilometer of the remaining active squid fighter. ((skip to the next line if I'm already within a kilometer of him))
If said fighter is still up when I achieve that distance, fire at him once with my railgun.
After firing, fly to the grav plan and run a ship diagnostics scan.
Watch for enemy movement while the scan runs, and relay their locations to my squad mates as I spot them ((the enemy squids))

If the squid is already down before I have a chance to fire, fly to the grav plant and run a ship diagnostics scan.
While the scan is running, insure that all of my weapons are loaded.
After reloading, watch for squids on the ground and relay their positions to my squad mates as I see them.
Breaker of fortune cookies
Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

TotallyNotCharismatic wrote: "Squad Alpha, Gene Weber reporting for duty."
He doesn't sound overly excited...can't blame the lad...

"Hello there, lad. Frank Foster here, second engineer besides vynkor. Keep your eyes open on the way out!"

*short silence*
"Cho, lass? You hear me? Needed to inform you that I changed to Alpha after...initial problems on this approach...you have any news on beta? I hope they're fine, yes?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am
"Oh, by the way, Vynkor. Apparently there were only minor damages to my ship before. Rebooting the computer started a re-routing program that fixed that problem for now."
"Oh good, I'm glad things are going well for one of us. Listen, I'm going to set down in the southwest of, uh, J4, and wait for you to deliver those coags."

I fire at the remaining squid, then fly to a quiet spot in the SW corner of J5.
I land carefully, drop the repair kit, and get out.
I grab a roll of duct tape from the kit and, if Frank's here, the coags from him.
Then I retreat to the cockpit and seal/pressurize it.
I take the top part of my suit off, being careful to disturb the bandage on my chest as little as possible, and apply some more bandages and the duct tape on my arm.
Let's see that try and slip off!
I resuit.
If I don't have the coags at this point, and Frank's here, I get the coags from him.
I apply the coags.

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 pm
((Awkward entry post incoming! :ghost:))

"Squad Alpha, Gene Weber reporting for duty."
"Welcome to the squad, Gene! I am Brom Keegan, your squad leader for this mission!
You're no doubt wondering if I have any relation a certain legendary assassin of Ermhelm by my name.
Let me assure you that I am him, and that all the heroic tales you've heard about me are true!
I've spent a decent amount of time in storage, so my skills may be a bit rusty, but even lacking practice as I am I'm still the finest marksman in the galaxy!
Follow my orders and work with the rest of the squad and you will do well! Our campaign together will be the stuff of legends! By the time we're through, the names of those who stick by me will be remembered for generations to come!

We can talk more about me a bit later.
For now, what sort of skill sets do you have?
And what position in the squad do you wish to take?"

Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 pm
TotallyNotHuman wrote:

"Welcome to the squad, Gene! I am Brom Keegan, your squad leader for this mission!
You're no doubt wondering if I have any relation a certain legendary assassin of Ermhelm by my name.
Let me assure you that I am him, and that all the heroic tales you've heard about me are true!
I've spent a decent amount of time in storage, so my skills may be a bit rusty, but even lacking practice as I am I'm still the finest marksman in the galaxy!
Follow my orders and work with the rest of the squad and you will do well! Our campaign together will be the stuff of legends! By the time we're through, the names of those who stick by me will be remembered for generations to come!

"Ermhe–what now? Never heard of it. Certainly never heard of you either, Mr. Broom Keegan.
As for my skillsets: I'm a reasonably good fighter-slash-hacker. I can probably be used as a temporary medic, though I'd prefer not to because I'd probably end up killing someone.
I could probably function best in a combat-support role. Of course, you're the boss here, Broom, so I'll defer to you on that."

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:32 pm
"Cho, lass? You hear me? Needed to inform you that I changed to Alpha after...initial problems on this approach...you have any news on beta? I hope they're fine, yes?"
"Ohhh!!! Oh, that's great news!" you hear her exult over the comms. It's static-laden and a bit difficult to understand. "So long as you're there - do they have any nice cuisine? I always wondered what those aliens ate. I bet it's delicious! .... Oh, and, yes, Beta is one hundred percent a-okay!! They had some initial problems, and one died, but that's fine! Don't worry about them - I sent them reinforcements too!"
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

TotallyNotHuman wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:38 pm
Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:47 pm
TotallyNotHuman wrote:

"Ermhe–what now? Never heard of it. Certainly never heard of you either, Mr. Broom Keegan.
As for my skillsets: I'm a reasonably good fighter-slash-hacker. I can probably be used as a temporary medic, though I'd prefer not to because I'd probably end up killing someone.
I could probably function best in a combat-support role. Of course, you're the boss here, Broom, so I'll defer to you on that."
"That's Brom, Mr. Weber.
The only one who calls me Broom is Vynkor, and that's only because I got in the habit of calling her Vynka.
Your memory must be a bit fuzzy, Gene. I was a galactic celebrity before I was brought aboard the Nemesis!
Don't feel bad though, I've been gone for about thirty years now after all. It's only natural that people would forget.
You will soon be in awe of my talents as I lead the squad to glory!
Ahem, getting a bit off track again. I told you we could discuss my greatness at a later date.

Someone with your skill sets could prove quite useful to the squad. I look forward to working with you.
I believe it would be best if I issued you some orders. We'll likely finish up with the remaining enemies before you arrive, so don't worry about combat just yet.
For now, just join us over at the grav plant. Fire off a shot at one of the guards there if you feel like it, or the squid fighter if it's still up for some reason."
0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:50 pm
"I'm, ah, genuinely unsure whether that's Cho asking those questions or my blood loss. Can one of you people confirm?"
"That is indeed Cho you hear, Vynka! We've been sent another squad member to help out.
He's relaying messages back and forth between ourselves and the Nemesis."

"Cho, I'm ashamed to say this, but Alpha has had another casualty under my command.
MIles courageously stayed behind during a tactical retreat to distract a wave of enemy fighters for us and was shot down.
We aren't certain of his condition, but it is assumed that he's dead.
He was a brave obedient soldier, and may have saved the squad with his sacrifice.
If it's alright with you, I'd like to bring him back with us for a memorial ceremony."

"Damn, another replacement? So I guess that means the Mill fella's dead too? That's, what, two people now?"

*chuckles*

"If yer plans continue killin' people at this rate, Brom, I'll be the only one left standin' at the end of this here mission!"

Adressing the new person, via a private channel:

"Hey there, feller, n' welcome to our squad! We're much better than the other one! Brom here's the, ahem, leader, but many here call me true mastermind of the squad. Name's Buck."

I'd wish they stopped arguing all the time...I really wouldn't be surprised if this escalated into something worse...should've probably stayed with beta, all things withstanding...

*annoyed and a bit resigned, via personal channel to Gene*

"Welcome to the squad where most of the members annoy each other, argue about unimportant things and have some serious signs of megalomania. Please try not to get caught up too much in this dynamic...*sigh*"
Talvieno wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:51 pm
"Ohhh!!! Oh, that's great news!" you hear her exult over the comms. It's static-laden and a bit difficult to understand. "So long as you're there - do they have any nice cuisine? I always wondered what those aliens ate. I bet it's delicious! .... Oh, and, yes, Beta is one hundred percent a-okay!! They had some initial problems, and one died, but that's fine! Don't worry about them - I sent them reinforcements too!"
That...doesn't sound like "a-okay!!" to me...Is she personally ok anyway? I start to doubt it....Just...humour her for now, I guess...

"Uhm...that...uh... ...*deep breath* Who did they lose? I hope the rest is ok for the moment? And...uh...no, we haven't gotten our hands on local cuisine yet. We're looking though, absolutely."

((Seriously tempted to try and bring back some food for Cho atm :D ))
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 pm

"Cho, I'm ashamed to say this, but Alpha has had another casualty under my command.
MIles courageously stayed behind during a tactical retreat to distract a wave of enemy fighters for us and was shot down.
We aren't certain of his condition, but it is assumed that he's dead.
He was a brave obedient soldier, and may have saved the squad with his sacrifice.
If it's alright with you, I'd like to bring him back with us for a memorial ceremony."
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 am
"Uhm...that...uh... ...*deep breath* Who did they lose? I hope the rest is ok for the moment?"
"Oh nooooo!!! That's horrible! Aw, poor Miles... I'm not going to get that 30-man squad now, am I..." Cho pauses, sighing deeply. "Anyway... Yes, of course you can bring him back. I'm sure they still have room in the recycler, and he can be put to good use there! Oh, and Frank - wait, that's Frank, right? - I only think he's dead. They said he got 'juiced', whatever that means - but that doesn't sound very healthy, right?"
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:13 am
"And...uh...no, we haven't gotten our hands on local cuisine yet. We're looking though, absolutely."
"Ohhhhhh, thank you!!! I'd love to try some! I'd be so grateful if you could bring some back!" Seems like you've found yourselves a fairly unusual side-mission.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now