Return to “Games”

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Victor Tombs wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 am
I've never tried Mount and Blade. I must admit I wasn't impressed with the look of the original but that's a poor excuse for not giving it a go. Perhaps it's a good indication of how shallow I can be at times. :angel:
That's fine mate, just wait for Bannerlords. :D
Then you can experience it with even more fixed systems, and WAY more pretties. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 am
Awwwwwyissss... A friendly lady from DHL just delivered my copy today!
Unf. :3

EDIT::: oooo Preload is up. Unffff!
EDIT2:: and the release date/time is fixed on steam, 10 hours 30 minutes at time of edit. With 2 hours and 45 minutes left on my download. And the next two days off of work... UUUU NNNN FFFF !!!!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

From the reviews, it seems the performance is terrible unless you 1. have a beefy machine, and 2. install on an SSD. That means I'm officially out on both counts. :P Also pretty stunned by the need to purchase alcohol in the game, which you use to save. I think perhaps they were trying to make saving "more immersive"? I'm not at all sure though. It doesn't seem like a very good decision, and feels like it would become frustrating in a hurry.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I've heard the same about the performance. I think it would run okay on my machine as I basically have the recommended specs, but I am also going to wait some time before I might buy it.

I do have to say that I kind of like the design choice of the saving. I think that this will encourage players to be less 'save-scumming' and rather attends to more hardcore players (maybe for old times sake?!).
What I would like is an option at the start of the game that allows saving at any point of the game. Once you have chosen the harder path you shouldn't be able to go back to the easier mode. If there is such an option, then I think it is fine for me in general. But the saves should be really robust then, as I know well from skyrim that mods/bugs could easily screw them up.

Most of the reason it irks me is because I'm quite used to having to save and quit at a moment's notice, usually without any warning ahead of time. Having to redo a couple hours of progress just because I were too poor to purchase "saving whiskey" seems like it would be very frustrating to me.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

It also saves on sleeping if I remember that correctly. Is the gameplay tailored to require repeating rest? I only know that sleeping also regenerates health, but not whether there system for tiredness, like there is for hunger. If this would then only result in the loss of a few minutes then it should not be too much of a problem. In games like Stardew Valley or My Time At Portia you would also loose some of your progress if you quit in the end of the day without sleeping. And I think that in those cases it is not too much of an inconvenience. It rather encourages to play a 'bit' longer, which has usually ended in a few extra hours for me :D

Online Now