Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

F4wk35 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am
Brom wrote: What's the situation, guys? Our targets seem to have gotten cold feet."
"Isn't 'having gotten cold feet' usually used to mean someone running away, lad? And...not, like in this case, coming after us with 4 fighters that are apparently better equipped than we are?"
"It's a lack of confidence, Frank! I've no doubt that they wished to meet us, but standing in the presence of greatness for the first time probably sapped their courage. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.
We don't know as to how well they're armed. For all we know they could be carrying minimal weaponry, but we should be on our guard."
0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:37 pm
"I've been hit. I took one down, but I need you guys to cover me while I patch myself up. How close does that fighter wing look?"
"Broom here. Excellent work Vynka! Don't let the injuries get to you. You preformed splendidly, and even got some cool battle scars to boot!
I think you'll have time to do a quick patch job, just get to your ship and meet up with us after you're done.

I want us to make a tactical retreat to the top of J-5 I have it marked on the map there's no confusion . After we regroup there, we can deal with the distasteful pilots approaching us as a group. Get to the randevous point as quickly as you can.
You all should know how this works now. We'll take them out one at a time."

((In case the place I marked on the map is difficult to see
Spoiler:      SHOW
))
Breaker of fortune cookies

Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:06 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 pm
"What's this I see? This plan ain't workin' so well? If we only done listened to my plan, we'd already be inside, dammit!"
"You, Miles and Vynka would have been inside. Frank and I would have died had we gone through your plan."
"Well it ain't my fault you two'd get yerselves killed! Anyway, we've got some company comin' our way. If you ain't comin' fast, suit yerselves, more squids to kill for me!"

((Tal, if you can share that info, approximately how badly damaged is my ship on a scale from 1-10 after Gearhead's repairs and everything? 1 is scratchless, 10 is a tin can barely held together by duct-tape.))

Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Hema wrote:
Hapchazzard wrote:
"What's this I see? This plan ain't workin' so well? If we only done listened to my plan, we'd already be inside, dammit!"
"You, Miles and Vynka would have been inside. Frank and I would have died had we gone through your plan."
"Well it ain't my fault you two'd get yerselves killed! Anyway, we've got some company comin' our way. If you ain't comin' fast, suit yerselves, more squids to kill for me!"
"Yeah, on second thought, I'm sure I would have gotten away, but that's not really important right now. Can I trust you to cooperate in our tactical retreat, Buck?"

Hema wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:48 pm
Hapchazzard wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Hema wrote:

"Yeah, on second thought, I'm sure I would have gotten away, but that's not really important right now. Can I trust you to cooperate in our tactical retreat, Buck?"
"Pfft. You call it tactical retreat, I call it runnin'! But you're the boss here, you can trust me to listen to your orders. Just hurry if you don't want 'em flyin' squids to catch you while yer out of yer ships. Even I'd have trouble handlin' 4 fighters on foot, though I can't say I've never been in similar situations before! So, J-5 it is."

Remembering something:

"Also, uh, did any of y'all happen to look one of 'em squids in the eye? Just warnin' ya again, don't do it! That Lemon fella did, and after that he started actin' queer, probably because they controlled his mind! He might even be dead by this point, driven to suicide against his own will by them evil squids!"

Start flying towards the rally point at J-5 at full speed (however pathetic it is)
Try not to fly too high, so that if I'm grounded I at least have a chance of surviving
if an enemy fighter gets in range and starts actively attacking me
-Fry it with the MFM
if no squid seems to be attacking me and we've reached the rally point
-Take a shot at one within range (if there are any), prioritizing those that are attacking an ally (also, DO NOT attack any one of them/draw their attention if I am completely alone at the rally point!)
Use the MFM max once

outlander wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:59 am
"Squad Beta, Dr. Ishmael Big bin Mahmood here. Just call me Dr. Ishmael. SCAMPS sent me, I am riding towards the nacelle, and, FSM willing, shall arrive there shortly. Please advise on preferred approach and any enemy defences in the area."

"I am still in range of the Nemesis, so if you have any information to forward to SCAMPS, please come forth with it."
'Hello Mr. Ish ... Ishamel. '
'Meh Bob, leader from squad ((proud voice))'
'You Doctor? Bob could use Doctor... Jimmy too.'

'Watch out from air cannons from squids , maybe try land behind nacelle.'
'No climb on nacelle though, unless you want to be Lemon juice like Lemons.'

'Tell Mr. SCAMPS-Boss that bob says hello and that Lemons is lemon juice.'
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Cha0zz wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 am

'Hello Mr. Ish ... Ishamel. '
'Meh Bob, leader from squad ((proud voice))'
'You Doctor? Bob could use Doctor... Jimmy too.'

'Watch out from air cannons from squids , maybe try land behind nacelle.'
'No climb on nacelle though, unless you want to be Lemon juice like Lemons.'

'Tell Mr. SCAMPS-Boss that bob says hello and that Lemons is lemon juice.'
"Greetings, Bob. I am a Doctor of Theology ((proud voice)). I hope to be of use in defeating the Enemy. Understood no climbing on the nacelle."

"Nemesis control, Cho, Ishmael here. Approaching the nacelle. Squad Beta leader asked me to pass SCAMPS his hello and tell him that 'Lemons is lemon juice', whatever that is. All the relevant telemetry from the squad should be re-transmitted to you by now, anyway."

Fly to the nacelle.
Keep low to the ground and use terrain features to avoid AA fire.
Land next to the Gearhead's and Saoirse's CASKETs.
IF the enemy #8 is still there and alive,
hit him with my ship's tentacle, HARD.
Make an FSM's punishment-related one-liner.
ELSE proceed to the next action.
Get out of the CASKET (following the correct 'helmet on, depressurise, get out' protocol),
AND get into cover.
Electro-amp electricity from the AA turret to the squid #6.
IF any enemy comes close
hit him with the Quantum lash
get into cover.
and tell the enemy the FSM's punishment is coming for him and that he should run (using my Charismatic amp!)
Last edited by outlander on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Hapchazzard wrote:
*sigh*
"Yes, it didn't work...But getting into the plant wouldn't have gotten us anywhere if those 4 fighters trashed our ships in the meantime."

*Contemplate trying to shoot one of the squids in the yard before mumbling*
"now to get off this damn roof before those 4...fliers come to shit on my head..."

Loosen the knot
get off the roof with help of the wire as fast as possible
If the knot resists opening
-cut it with a sharp-tipped bolt
-If cutting the knot doesn't work
((--Flail around with arms and legs in failure-induced panic))
--prepare a sticky bolt
--stick it onto the side of my suit
--convincingly play dead
When off the roof
get into the CASKET and fly to the rally-point at I-5
Hack the first enemy fighter coming after us and set their engines to 0%
Shoot another enemy fighter with the MFM
If hit seriously
-land near cover
-get out and behind cover
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

sneak to the nearest enemy ship and hide behind it.
Spin up my minigun
get from behind the ship an mow down enemy 1 and 7 with my minigun.
get back into cover behind the ship:
- periodically look to see if any enemies are aproaching me, if that's the case shoot them with my semi-auto pistol ((max 1))
- if an enemy comes into melee range whack them with my crowbar ((max 1))
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

It seems we are in an agreement with our plan, so let's do this!
Let them know that Brom Keegan and his team are not to be trifled with!

Run to my CASKET and get in.
Once I'm in my ship, take off and fly to the spot marked on my map
After I'm joined by at least three of my squad mates, target the nearest enemy (unarmed civilians do not count) and fire at it once with my railgun.
Inform my squad mates of the squid I've chosen to shoot at.
If said enemy is still alive, attempt to contact them by radio.
"You have just had the honor of being attacked by the great Brom Keegan! The master assassin and legendary hero of Ermhelm!
I'm sorry to say that you don't have much time left in this life, but I have good news! Before you depart on your way to the afterlife, I am willing to give you my autograph!"

IF my squad mates attack one of the fighters before I do, I will instead fire upon the enemy they're targeting.
If the enemy they've targeted goes down before I get a chance to fire, target and shoot the closest fighter.

After firing, return to the aforementioned spot and try to avoid getting shot.
If by some chance the fighters are all dead, move over the gravplant and scan the outside of the building to determine its composition.
Last edited by Hema on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Damnú air!"

I quickly use my electro amp to try and knock out blinksquid, attempting not to damage the teleporter.

If that fails, and blinksquid is still captured or heading to our caskets again... then it's time to do some fun!
I use my grav amp to launch myself in the air, as pictured below. However if blinksquid were suddenly at the other side of the caskets, I jump to that side instead.
While soaring through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp, I shout "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
When near my intended position I use the grav amp to slow my fall so I land lightly instead of breaking a leg.
Then I take out Spoon ((note to Tal: quickdraw slot)) and go whack teleportsquid with it once. After all, we have to demonstrate we are a civilised and advanced species to aliens, don't we?
While not attacking, I use Spoon for cover/parrying.

If however the first attack succeeds, I instead throw up a dust curtain here:
and dash between covers, and then to the cover where blinksquid is, and get behind it. ((as pictured above))
Once there, I use my electro amp to disable his/her/its/whatever gravity belt, make sure squid is really knocked out (or dead), dismiss the field, and steal whatever the blink thing is.
Then I try to figure out how it works. ((please +2 exotic don't fail me now))
If I manage to do so, I equip it, otherwise I put it in my backpack.
And while I'm at it, I steal its other weapons as well and put them in my backpack.
Finally, I stasis a remaining squid.

If neither of these conditions apply (because, for example, blinksquid blinked way away):
I stasis an unstasised squid, dismissing the empty shield blinksquid was in.
I throw lightning bolts at 2 of the squids, trying to knock them out (preferably commandersquid, blinksquid, or any squid out of cover)
Last edited by Dinosawer on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

0111narwhalz wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:37 pm
"I've been hit. I took one down, but I need you guys to cover me while I patch myself up. How close does that fighter wing look?"
"Hit, you say? I'd guess you could get some basic first-aid on that. But not much else before they get here. And regarding cover...When I get off this roof it seems to be high time to get out of here. So I can't help you in those regards...sorry."
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now