Return to “REKT”

Re: REKT: BTE Mission 1: Nanyej Colony

'Heh, look like we have lemon juice now'

Wait for a moment that the squids seem distracted with the others
Then run towards cover following the blue line
Once into cover:
- Periodically take a look to see if any squids are coming towards me, if that's the case shoot at them with my pistol.
- if an enemy comes into melee range, smash them with my crowbar. ((please limit the max amount of uses with my weapons to my strength))
- Try to make it so that the squids forget I'm here ((see: don't draw attention to myself))

((btw, tal could you indicate/mark the enemy ships I managed to hit before I crashed?))
Last edited by Cha0zz on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LT Wiki | IRC | REKT Wiki
Idiots. Idiots everywhere. ~Dr. Cha0zz

Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:08 am
((Brom and I talked in PM and it turns out I kinda misunderstood some parts of his plan. I'll keep to it as well))

"Wait, shit! Y'all actually landed all wrong, dammit! Well, guess we now gotta follow yer plan Brom. Mine still was far better, though."
"We landed where we could, Buck. And that's nonsense! I always make the best plans!"
Breaker of fortune cookies

*grimacing*

I wonder how Beta is doing...

@Anabai's squad
"Uhm...I take it you are pretty experienced and all...so I guess you got some pretty good equipment, no? Just out of curiosity...How much better is it compared to our gear?"

Load a sticky bolt with cable reel in the crossbow.
Use it to climb on the lower part of the grav-plant directly next to me. Shoot the bolt in a way that it can't be seen from the other side.
Do not climb over the upper ledge, keep below it so people on the other side can't see me.
Brace my position properly on those green supports.
Once that is done, detach the cable from the crossbow and fix it to my suit in a way that I could use it as a climbing knot so I stay in position until I want to move deliberately.
Inform Brom of being in position and load a sharp/solid. (Frank would rather keep it non-lethal. But given that there's a fast response needed right now. Still doesn't like it though.)
Wait there until an hiltorel guard comes around
Shoot said guard with the one sharp/solid bolt.
If shot at
-loosen the knot and slide down the building.
-Take cover behind my CASKET
If the whole climbing-thing fails for any reason
-Inform Brom of this.
-Do the shooting from there
Keep an eye out for the fighters Anabai warned us about.
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Map for reference
Spoiler:      SHOW
Reload my pistol and wait.
When Frank is well on his way to the top of the building, keep my head down and my shield low (though still in front of me) and sneak along the low wall to the to the corner of the lowest wall.
When I reach the corner, fire at Guard #1 (at the head, or chest. whatever I have a better shot at) with my pistol.
Immediately after firing, run back to the retreat point (while staying low to avoid being seen and inform Frank that enemies are approaching.
"Here come a couple of my squishy enthusiasts, Frank. Guns up now, I'm counting on you!"

Get behind the wall at the retreat point where the approaching enemies won't be able to see me, and wait for Frank to fire.
As soon as Frank fires, stand up (or step out; whichever is easier) with my shield up and fire two shots at one of the approaching squids.
If one of the squids goes down on the first shot, target another.
After firing, retreat to my ship with my shield up and get in.

((For ONLY if the guards rush us))
Keep my shield up and reload my pistol.
IF the guards come to us before we can put our plan into action, begin retreating shield up to my casket.
Radio Frank and Vynkor:
"Get back to your ships! These aren't my average fans! These particular ones are obsessed with me!
Fire 3 shots at any approaching squids. Only change targets when one of them goes down.
Upon reaching my casket, take off and try to distract the squids from Frank.
If Frank is noticed, fire a railgun slug at one of his attackers.

Hema wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 am
"It's Brom, actually. And I called you Vynka because it's a bit easier to remember than Vynkor."
"Yeah, and Broom is a bit easier to remember than Brom."

I move to cover behind the edge of the building such that I would have a view of the courtyard if I stuck my head out.
I wait there until the firefight starts.
If I am targeted (by 4, for instance):
-I fire the lasgun at the enemy who is targeting me.
If any squidguard presents their back to me:
-I fire upon them with the lasgun until either they are incapacitated or I reach 3 shots.
If I have fired three shots:
-I retreat behind the building to my original position.
-If a squid follows:
–I whack them with my rifle butt as they come around the corner.
If I have a quiet moment:
-I reload the assault rifle.
I prioritize those squids which have not used their PSI attacks, and I do not fire upon those which are already incapacitated.
I should fire no more than three times.

TURN 10

Maps:
Area:

Grav Plant:

Nacelle:

Squad Alpha:
Brom
Hema wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:18 pm
Map for reference
Reload my pistol and wait.
When Frank is well on his way to the top of the building, keep my head down and my shield low (though still in front of me) and sneak along the low wall to the to the corner of the lowest wall.
When I reach the corner, fire at Guard #1 (at the head, or chest. whatever I have a better shot at) with my pistol.
Immediately after firing, run back to the retreat point (while staying low to avoid being seen and inform Frank that enemies are approaching.
"Here come a couple of my squishy enthusiasts, Frank. Guns up now, I'm counting on you!"

Get behind the wall at the retreat point where the approaching enemies won't be able to see me, and wait for Frank to fire.
As soon as Frank fires, stand up (or step out; whichever is easier) with my shield up and fire two shots at one of the approaching squids.
If one of the squids goes down on the first shot, target another.
After firing, retreat to my ship with my shield up and get in.

((For ONLY if the guards rush us))
Keep my shield up and reload my pistol.
IF the guards come to us before we can put our plan into action, begin retreating shield up to my casket.
Radio Frank and Vynkor:
"Get back to your ships! These aren't my average fans! These particular ones are obsessed with me!
Fire 3 shots at any approaching squids. Only change targets when one of them goes down.
Upon reaching my casket, take off and try to distract the squids from Frank.
If Frank is noticed, fire a railgun slug at one of his attackers.
You reload your pistol with ammo from one of the dozens of packs on your suit. As you do, you straighten up just a little bit too far, and see a bright flash of light as a plasma bolt sears the right side of your helmet with a grazing shot. You quickly hunker back down, checking to make sure you're not injured and your helmet is still sealed - and fortunately, it is. It just winged you, but it's still mildly disconcerting that it came so close.

Over to your left, Frank is very slowly getting ready to follow through with his part of the plan. He's fiddling about with his crossbow, loading a bolt and cable, getting the reel affixed and into position - and then he fires toward the top of the nearby structure. The cable sails gracefully through the air, sticking itself quite firmly to the top of the building. Frank begins to climb, and you, for your part, begin sneaking along the low wall toward the courtyard, hoping you won't be seem. Most of the enemies seem to be focusing Vynka - which isn't exactly something you expected.

As you creep forward, a few scattered plasma shots fly past from the enemy across the courtyard. Buck's already called out his kill, so you're doing quite well, you'd say. When you get to the edge, though... the nearest enemies are nowhere to be seen. In fact, they seem to have moved. The only one you see is on the far side, and this one fires a few more shots at you. At this point, you of course realize your plans have gone horribly wrong, and retreat back to the last corner, hoping that one of the guards will poke their head around the corner and say hi. You aren't even sure what to say to Frank, other than "Guns up now, I'm counting on you!"

So you get back to the corner where you started... and wait.

Nothing happens. The only enemies around seem to be more interested in attacking Vynka than anything else, and she's doing a good enough job holding her own.

This really destroyed your whole plan. You're left at a loss for words - and ideas of what to do about it. Of course, the hiltorel aren't - one of them hoists a grenade up over the top of the building, aiming in your general direction. It misses you entirely; when it explodes, you're ready, and the fragments ping harmlessly off your riot shield.

Miles
Detritus wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 pm
((Respect the Brom))
"Roger that, Mister Brom, sir!"

((Then respect the wishes of the Brom))
Fly up.
Fire laser gun thingy at guard number 3 once.
((I so wanted to say "until dead"))
If he dies,
- fire laser gun thingy at guard number 4 once.
Otherwise,
- fire once more at guard number 3.

((Stay alive))
Dodge any and all incoming fire.

((Wot be nxt))
If both guards are dead,
- ask Brom what to do next.
Otherwise,
- sigh deeply.

((Burritos))
Picture a nice, hot, juicy, mouth-watering burrito. Don't get distracted by it, though.
Brom gives out orders, and you salute, getting ready to follow them. "Roger that, Mister Brom, sir!"

You take back off in your CASKET, throwing up a small cloud of dust as your thrusters boost you off the ground, and fly up until you can see all of the Grav Plant courtyard beneath you. The enemies, scared, try to get out of the way, but you target one with your laser on the control panel, lock on, and fire. The laser sweeps up towards the enemy, and just as it reaches this squid-guard's feet, he explodes!!! Right into a cloud of messy gore! It's incredible! You're quite pleased by this outcome. Was that really you? Maybe. Either way, you've gained a new respect for your laser.

Without having to turn your ship at all (you love this amazing weapon), you immediately target and fire at another enemy - this being the one currently attacking Mister Brom. This doesn't work so well: he rushes out of cover to melee-attack Vynkor and you can't manage to track him fast enough with your turret. That's fine, though. Any incoming fire is handily deflected or absorbed with minimal impact. Ships are just totally awesome against infantry!

You sigh deeply, though; you'd hoped to get both of those guards. Ah well. At least you'll always have burritos. Your tongue lolls dreamily from your mouth as you imagine a nice, hot, juicy burrito... sexy and sauced up, all ready for your taste buds. Holy carp... that's a delightful thought.

((Important note: Ship weapons can fire once each per turn without multiroll. You have one laser, thus you get one shot without multiroll penalties. You actually did get a good roll with your laser on the first shot this turn - however, Buck got a much better one, so I killed it with his damage instead of yours. You still would've gotten a kill, though, if you hadn't been targeting the same guy. :D Ships are OP against ground targets (which is precisely why I provide AA turrets from time to time, to keep things interesting)))

Buck
Hapchazzard wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:44 am
Try and fry squid 3 with my MFM
if it is already dead
-Fry number 4
Try and see whether the stellaplex complex has a local network, try and hack into it to get more useful info (camera feeds, databanks, etc.)
Use the MFM max once
Hovering in place, you turn your ship and aim your MFM at the enemy hiding in the rear of your courtyard. It takes a bit to spool up, as usual, but when you hit that pretty red button, the squid simply explodes in a mess of steamy bluish gore. So the squids have literal blue blood. Who knew? Now that you've painted the town, you're feeling pretty good about yourself, and start working to hack into the grav plant's security systems.

The hack is an easy, breezy, beautiful success - for the most part. You've gained a lot of incredibly useful info from this hack, but you haven't managed to actually hack the mainframe, and you can't shut anything down - but info? Hell yes. Your fingers fly across the console and you get to work.

The interior of the building is protected by a number of small-caliber security camera systems - rather cheap, and easily disabled if you happen to know where they are. In fact, you might even be able to hack some of them. You're missing "Circuit B", as it's called, but the cameras on "Circuit A" are all there, and you download their coordinates to your PDA. Following that, you get a rough blocked-out layout of the interior: computer systems are most of what exists in most of the arms, and there's a passage that leads underground somewhere in the center of the complex - and this is how you access the courtyard building. It could also potentially provide enemy reinforcements at some point, so you'll probably want to close it up. Following that, there seems to be a roster of guards, but you aren't quite able to access those files.

You count this as a successful hack.

Frank
F4wk35 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am
*grimacing*

I wonder how Beta is doing...

@Anabai's squad
"Uhm...I take it you are pretty experienced and all...so I guess you got some pretty good equipment, no? Just out of curiosity...How much better is it compared to our gear?"

Load a sticky bolt with cable reel in the crossbow.
Use it to climb on the lower part of the grav-plant directly next to me. Shoot the bolt in a way that it can't be seen from the other side.
Do not climb over the upper ledge, keep below it so people on the other side can't see me.
Brace my position properly on those green supports.
Once that is done, detach the cable from the crossbow and fix it to my suit in a way that I could use it as a climbing knot so I stay in position until I want to move deliberately.
Inform Brom of being in position and load a sharp/solid. (Frank would rather keep it non-lethal. But given that there's a fast response needed right now. Still doesn't like it though.)
Wait there until an hiltorel guard comes around
Shoot said guard with the one sharp/solid bolt.
If shot at
-loosen the knot and slide down the building.
If the whole climbing-thing fails for any reason
-Inform Brom of this.
-Do the shooting from there
Keep an eye out for the fighters Anabai warned us about.
Brom shouted out orders, but you think you have a much better idea. As you load a sticky bolt carefully into your crossbow, placing the cable reel in the appropriate slots and locking it in, you radio the members of the Vet Squad: "Uhm... I take it you are pretty experienced and all, so I guess you got some pretty good equipment, no? Just out of curiosity... How much better is it compared to our gear?"

One of them answers. "Better? A lot, probably, but with the shortages from the crash we had to pay out the ears for this stuff. Tartarus is stingy with their gear. I mean, we're not likely to survive, so you'd THINK SCAMPS would let us have some more powerful shit for free, but NOPE. I ended up spending four more creds than I should have had to, which is shit!"

You thank him for responding and fire your sticky bolt at the top of the nearby structure - and are quite pleased when it hits exactly where you'd intended it to. You climb up as Brom starts to put his plan into action, and fumble around with the cable, trying to remember everything you learned as a kid about knots. ((failed General Knowledge roll)) Unfortunately, you can't remember a thing, so you just tie a knot and hope it holds, as you load a sharp/solid bolt into your crossbow. You'd rather keep it non-lethal, but given that you need to take enemies out fast... well, you're not left with much choice. You still don't like it though.

Brom comes back around the building and crouches down. This is it! This is when they attack! You ready your crossbow for the first enemy you see!

...And, naturally, not a single enemy comes around the corner. There are, however, a number of hiltorel fighter ships in the sky to the north... and they're most certainly headed directly in your direction.

Meanwhile, you're just chillin' on the side of the building, your favorite hangout spot (geddit, hangout) this side of the Squid and Laser Tavern. You've got a nice view from up here - you can see the top of Brom's helmet, glinting in the sun. You lean out and feel the glorious sensation of the wind in your hair - or you might, if there was wind, or if you weren't wearing a helmet. It's definitely not as beautiful as it could be, but it might be... someday.

Vynkor
0111narwhalz wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:03 pm
Hema wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:34 am
"It's Brom, actually. And I called you Vynka because it's a bit easier to remember than Vynkor."
"Yeah, and Broom is a bit easier to remember than Brom."

I move to cover behind the edge of the building such that I would have a view of the courtyard if I stuck my head out.
I wait there until the firefight starts.
If I am targeted (by 4, for instance):
-I fire the lasgun at the enemy who is targeting me.
If any squidguard presents their back to me:
-I fire upon them with the lasgun until either they are incapacitated or I reach 3 shots.
If I have fired three shots:
-I retreat behind the building to my original position.
-If a squid follows:
–I whack them with my rifle butt as they come around the corner.
If I have a quiet moment:
-I reload the assault rifle.
I prioritize those squids which have not used their PSI attacks, and I do not fire upon those which are already incapacitated.
I should fire no more than three times.
After your short discussion with Broom, you get scoot out of your position, moving along the edge of the building so that you can have a nice view of the courtyard if you stick your head out... and you decide to wait there until the firefight starts. Then, you discover three wonderful Facts in a row:

Fact #1: The firefight has already started. Slightly unexpected, but, you know, at least nobody's shooting at you.

Fact #2: People are shooting at you. Slightly unexpected, but, you know, at least none of them are hitting.

Fact #3: Nope, you're getting shot too.

A fusillade of shots impacts on the wall next to you, throwing out a short burst of shrapnel; you stumble and lean out away from the building just a little bit too far, just in time to catch a plasma bolt squarely in the lower center of your chest. The pain is intense; you stagger and try to get back into cover, half-wheezing. Alarms are going off in your suit - alarms which you really don't need to know that you have a fukcing hole in the middle of your chest. Trying to stay calm, you return fire at the guy across the courtyard - Squid #2, hiding behind the building - your laser carves a dark path across the side of the building, just above his head, but ultimately misses. At that point, seeing that you're no longer under fire, you duck back into cover and start to reload your assault rifle. You need to get that thing reloaded. You might need it later.

You slump back against the wall. Moving is painful. You're bleeding out, but you manage to swap out the mags anyway - just as one of the hiltorel comes flying around the corner (metaphorically speaking) with a wicked-looking curved blade out in one of his three-fingered hands, ready to slice you up. Your adrenaline kicks in, and everything happens in a blur. The squid attacks - you drop the assault rifle and grab your lasgun, barely in time, as the squid leaps forwards, swinging his long knife through the air at you - you hear yourself shouting, or screaming, as you pull the trigger, trying to point the barrel roughly in his direction - the blade comes down as the laser hits the squid's armor, tracing a dark, useless path across its surface. You blindly fire at the thing again as it begins to retreat for cover, and manage to hit it in the back of its goddamn head.

It isn't until your lasgun starts beeping an overheat warning at you that calm down enough to think. You killed it, you see now. Or him. Whatever the hell pronoun you're supposed to use for these things. It lies on the ground in front of you, a mess of bluish blood and gore - a victim of your wild, crazy lasercutting. You slump back down, clutching your lasgun, and realize that you have a massive gash on your left arm - almost to the bone. You don't even remember that happening, but it doesn't matter, now. You're bleeding out, and fast.

This is not the shit you signed up for. Hurriedly, you take your weapons, holster what you're not immediately planning on using, and move for cover, even as plasma shots hit the ground near you. This isn't a good place to stay, and you know it... but you need to staunch that bleeding if you're going to make it.

At least you brought along a first aid kit.

((Bad luck along with being in a bad position, and bad dodge stats. First shot managed to get you even though you were in cover. The melee attack got you, but it wasn't a kill or sever roll, just a moderate injury, and good on Vynkor for taking him down after. You're not close to panicking, actually, and your endurance rolls let you withstand the pain, so you're still going. Injured arm will hamper your aiming somewhat, but not too bad))

Squad Beta:
Saoirse
Dinosawer wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:24 am
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:43 pm
"well, now we have fine, pasty lemonade on the ground over there"
"Wait, he fell off? Lemons died? Damn..."
If only I'd seen him, I might've been able to catch him...
Loscadh is dó ort... bloody squids.
I tried to be nice, but screw it, no more holding back.

First things first: I scurry back into proper cover, this isn't a good position.
Next, I show squid 4, who conveniently positioned himself out of cover from my view, what a real grav amp can do by throwing him upwards with a full 2g and letting him splat on the ground.
Then I use my electro amp to cause a lightning bolt to fly from the ship behind squid 8 in his face so his cover isn't in the way, hoping it doesn't destroy his teleport thingy.
(( according to the wiki I can do that - "Lets you shoot electricity from wherever to wherever, provided there's an electric charge" and metal has a charge :D ))
Finally I use my stasis amp twice (breaking the useless empty field in the process), on squid 7 (if still alive) preferably and then whichever is most threatening to us.

If at some point one of them launches a grenade or similar at one of us, I use my grav amp to throw it back (and do a stasis less at the end)
I tried to be nice, but screw it... no more holding back.

As the enemy starts firing at you, you duck and scurry back into proper cover, behind the rock facing the ravine. A laser carves a little dark, winding trail across the rocky earth where you were moments before, but you don't have time to contemplate your narrow escape - you need to show these squids what a real grav amp can do. One of them happens to have just dashed out of cover, running for a ship - you focus on him and with a mere thought, toss him high up into the air. He floats back down under less than standard gravity (thanks to his gravbelt), but still fast enough to stun him when he lands with a distant thud atop the very ship he was about to hide behind. You smirk slightly. Not bad.

Switching your attention to Mr. Blinkoutofstasis, you try to pull some energy from one of the landed ships near him using your electro amp. While there is definitely some charge in the ship's batteries (you feel it; it makes your arm tingle a bit, and the hair stand up on your neck) - Mr. Blinkaway is nowhere to be seen. You hate how he keeps doing that, but you REALLY want whatever he's using to teleport. That's technology that supposedly doesn't even exist yet. For now, though, you'll be content to throw a stasis field at the hiltorel commander, who has just recovered and is getting ready to fire at you - and that's a total success. The commander one again finds herself locked behind a stasis bubble. It doesn't hold her arms still, though, being just an inverted one-way shield bubble, so she'll still be able to use PSI... but you'd rather get tossed about than shot by that nasty-looking weapon she's carrying.

"Saoirse!" Gearhead shouts over the comms. Wondering what he could be shouting at you for, you lean back and look at Gearhead down the line of boulders - and catch sight of a hiltorel scurrying away from him. So that's where the blinksquid went! You toss a stasis field at her face, locking her away as she rounds the edge of her new piece of cover. Or perhaps she was headed for your CASKETs... you don't know for sure. Either way, you'll have to move fast if you want to stop her before she blinks away again.

Caleb
cuisinart8 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:24 pm
Shit, Lemons is dead, too? And we were outnumbered before! I don't like this, not one bit...I shakily get my breathing under control. If I lose my shit now I could seal all of our fates. I have to try and keep it together...even if this reminds me uncomfortably of Anba.

I get out my plasma rifle- I can stun one of these fukcers later. I move over to the eastern end of my rock and attempt to fire at 4.
Shit, Lemons is dead? Really? You were already outnumbered before - now it must be two to one! You don't like this, not one bit. Your breathing is shaky, but you try to keep yourself under control. If you lose it now, it'll be closer to one-to-three... but you can't deny that this reminds you uncomfortably of Anba.

You get out your plasma rifle - and then realize three things in rapid succession. First, you realize, you're not even in cover. Second, you realize that they're still shooting at you. A few streaks of plasma flash past your eyes, and you almost panic, rushing towards the nearby rocks - at which point you realize the third thing: there's something very badly wrong with your foot - specifically, your ankle. You limp into cover, barely managing to escape the barrage, and hunker down in panic as your breath comes in great gasps. This is bad. You plant your back against the column and close your eyes tightly, trying to calm yourself. "Deep breaths," you remind yourself. "Come on, Caleb, deep breaths." You trained for this; you know the only thing that'll keep them off your back and give you a chance to breathe is to return fire. Swallowing, you inch to the edge of your rock and take a quick peek.

Plasma flies past, and you duck back. Six. You saw six. There are six out there. Four in front, two in back. You decide to aim at the nearest one - the one somehow draped over the top part of a ship - and try to remember his exact direction. Your heart is racing, and your mind won't focus, but you think you have it down. When there's a lull in enemy fire, you stick your head out just enough to get a good view, double-check your aim in a fraction of a second, and shoot. A bright burst of plasma speeds straight and true at the enemy atop the cargo craft, hitting him just below the neck. He grasps at himself and tumbles off the back. ((This is actually a kill.))

And that's when you see the grenade, out of the corner of your eye - just a couple meters away. You have no idea how long it's been there.

Barely in time, you throw yourself back into cover, and the blast goes off, flinging out a huge burst of shrapnel - a burst that almost took off your head. You're panting and sweating in earnest now. Plasma shots hit the ground where you were just moments before, and part of the rock you're slumped up behind crumbles to the side.

In short, this mission is FUBAR. There's no way out. You're going to die here, you just know it.

((Your character has panicked. This is mostly because your character has taken quite a few hits lately, although you could have probably escaped it had you managed to get another shot or two in this turn. You now get to roleplay panicking. :D Your character MAY be able to escape the panic by the end of the next turn, if I think you roleplay well and if the situation improves.

On a side note, let's hope (for your sake) that this doesn't become a running gag. Dino said I'm supposed to make new ones. :lol: ))

Gearhead
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm
use the grav amp to throw the armored squid (commander?) off balance
if any squid fires on caleb
-microwave its face (once)
else microwave the squid that teleported out of the stasis bubble (or another one != commandosquid if teleportsquid happens to be dead by then)
Looking around the edge of your cover, you extend your arm toward the hiltorel "commander", as your squad is now referring to her, and you use your grav amp to throw her off balance; you overdo it a bit and she goes spinning, tumbling out of view. A few plasma shots hit the boulder you're sheltering behind, and you duck back, poking your head back just enough to get a clear look at Caleb. One of the squids (#1) is firing at him, and Caleb himself doesn't look like he's doing too well. You decide to try to get the enemy off his back, and try to toast him with your microwave amp, but the hiltorel nimbly dances out of the way of the field before it has a chance to do any damage.

You glance over toward where Mr. Teleportsquid was a few moments ago, across the ravine, and suddenly realize - he's not there anymore. You look around for him, and in doing so, catch some movement out of the corner of your eye. The next events happen almost too fast for you to react.

Teleportsquid (#8) has somehow appeared to your right, behind you, and is approaching you at an incredible pace, its tentacles whipping lightly across the ground in an otherworldly manner as it pulls itself toward you - and you notice, only too late, a bladed weapon in its hand as it comes slashing toward you. You lean back out of reflex, just enough to avoid a fatal strike - the cruel-looking swingblade carves a gash across your chest. You stagger, choking, and curse this pathetic flesh of yours for being such a weakness. Then, in anger, you prepare to retaliate - but the squid seems to believe it stands no chance in a straight fight, fleeing rapidly toward the corner of the rocks behind you.

"Saoirse!" you shout, hoping to get her attention. She responds by throwing a stasis field at the alien, just as it makes it around the corner - and it's a successful catch.

This mission really went to hell in a handbasket, and it's starting to freak you out a bit.

Bob
Cha0zz wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:49 am
'Heh, look like we have lemon juice now'

Wait for a moment that the squids seem distracted with the others
Then run towards cover following the blue line
Once into cover:
- Periodically take a look to see if any squids are coming towards me, if that's the case shoot at them with my pistol.
- if an enemy comes into melee range, smash them with my crowbar. ((please limit the max amount of uses with my weapons to my strength))
- Try to make it so that the squids forget I'm here ((see: don't draw attention to myself))

((btw, tal could you indicate/mark the enemy ships I managed to hit before I crashed?))
You wait until the squids seem completely distracted with the rest of your squad, and run up the steep rocky slope to your left. Pebbles roll beneath your feet, and you almost fall once or twice, but within seconds you've made it to the top and are dashing across a vast, flat expanse. Your heart races: this is the part where someone would shoot you if they were paying attention... but those shots never come. Racing up the next slope, you dive into cover behind a larger boulder.

You pause.

Nobody shot at you at all. Could it be possible they honestly don't know you're here? Curiously, you poke your head out around the edge of the rock.

Strangely, nobody shoots at you even now. You start to calm down a little. Way out in the distance, a bunch of the hiltorel are huddled behind different pieces of cover, facing their backs entirely toward you. They don't even know you're here. They must think you died in the crash or something - or maybe Lemons killed the last one that knew you were alive.

As slowly as you can, you slip back behind the rock and take stock, making sure Jimmy is with you and you have your pistol. You're ready to make your next move.

((You are completely stealthed right now. You won't do another stealth roll until you do something that might reveal you (dashing in front of an enemy or firing a weapon).))
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I press myself against my rock, the only thing keeping me from dying on this fukcing shithole of a planet, as I curl in on myself a bit. I start hyperventilating, my quick breaths fogging up my faceplate. Here I am, the big fukcing hero! All I wanted was to make my father proud. Now look at me! I never signed on to die on some alien hellhole! I was supposed to stop pirates, be the good guy...now I'm going to join all my friends...

I try to resist it, but I'm too weak to stop myself from falling into my memories of that dark day. Just like I was too weak to save my squad. Just like I'm too weak to save this squad... I tremble violently as the pained faces of my dead comrades fill my mind, and I imagine the faces of my new squadmates joining them in death... I went to sleep in a hell of pain and sorrow, and now I've woken back up to the same thing all over again.
Last edited by cuisinart8 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Alright, it would seem that our plan had some minor flaws. Apparently we were too stealthy. They obviously didn't know I was here, or else the plan would have worked perfectly! You all did very well, and should be proud of yourselves.
We've a couple more guards on the ground, and some slimy little rascals on their way. Before we act, I'd like a status report.
What's the situation, guys? Our targets seem to have gotten cold feet."

"Squad Beta, Dr. Ishmael Big bin Mahmood here. Just call me Dr. Ishmael. SCAMPS sent me, I am riding towards the nacelle, and, FSM willing, shall arrive there shortly. Please advise on preferred approach and any enemy defences in the area."

"I am still in range of the Nemesis, so if you have any information to forward to SCAMPS, please come forth with it."
Survivor of the Josh Parnell Blackout of 2015.

Brom wrote: What's the situation, guys? Our targets seem to have gotten cold feet."
That...didn't go well...the least...

"Isn't 'having gotten cold feet' usually used to mean someone running away, lad? And...not, like in this case, coming after us with 4 fighters that are apparently better equipped than we are?"
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

Online Now