Return to “Dev Logs”

Re: [Lindsey] Friday, January 5, 2018

Unfortunately, I've been super sick this week and I'm not ready to write another devlog today ;-;

I'm going to post one next Friday instead and reset the every-other-week schedule from there.

Thank y'all for understanding. <3
Ship Inspiration Pinterest!! (send me stuff)

"You’ve got to work on something dangerous. You have to work on something that makes you uncertain. Something that makes you doubt yourself... because it stimulates you to do things you haven’t done before. The whole thing is if you know where you’re going, you’ve gone, as the poet says. And that’s death."
- Stephen Sondheim

LindseyReid wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 pm
Unfortunately, I've been super sick this week and I'm not ready to write another devlog today ;-;

I'm going to post one next Friday instead and reset the every-other-week schedule from there.

Well hey now, I guess I'm not doing a Dev Log video this weekend then.

Get better soon, and thanks for the heads up!

Distant
Shoot ALL the things!

LindseyReid wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:49 pm

Make a hot drink with the following:
- Hot Water
- Lemon
- Ginger
- Honey (manuka if you have it, any level, because honey is great for us)

+ get plenty of sleep
+ believe it's your time to recharge batteries and watch happy movies
(laughter is the best medicine of all!!)

have fun (if not, then sleep)
have fun watch movies that make you laugh

get well soon

xo

P.S. Do not think of anything other than how you feel right now.. sleep if you need to, watch happy movies if you can, drink hot beverages (as above).. this is all about you recharging your batteries, nothing else matters
P.P.S. Hot Irish Whiskey (Jameson) + cloves (stuck in slices of lemon) are a well-known Irish remedy to any cold - just stay in bed and sleep after quaffing x amount of them :V
<3
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:13 pm
Grumblesaur wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm
You can do like 8 times that amount.
And probably excrete 87.5% of it again
Grumblesaur wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:58 pm
And it's a water soluble vitamin so you won't poison yourself with it.
Salt is water soluble as well and kill you a lot :P
Salt isn't a vitamin. And the doctor that I learned this information from said your immune system and adrenal glands are capable of making use of about 3,000mg of vitamin C over the course of a day or so. The 100% daily value amount is the amount you need to prevent yourself from getting scurvy.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 pm
Salt isn't a vitamin. And the doctor that I learned this information from said your immune system and adrenal glands are capable of making use of about 3,000mg of vitamin C over the course of a day or so. The 100% daily value amount is the amount you need to prevent yourself from getting scurvy.
Absolutely not true. A daily dose in excess of 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C (depending on the source) will cause you to have severe problems with vomiting and diarrhea as your body desperately tries to get rid of everything it can't handle. While it won't cause long term health issues, it can most certainly cause short-term problems and make you feel much more miserable than you did before.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:28 pm
Grumblesaur wrote:
Absolutely not true. A daily dose in excess of 1000-2000mg of Vitamin C (depending on the source) will cause you to have severe problems with vomiting and diarrhea as your body desperately tries to get rid of everything it can't handle. While it won't cause long term health issues, it can most certainly cause short-term problems and make you feel much more miserable than you did before.
Perhaps it's a function of body weight and metabolism but I've taken doses like that while I've been sick and suffered no such ill effects. Taking more vitamin C than you need can induce osmotic diarrhea, but I don't think I've ever heard of anybody vomiting from it.

Drinking eight glasses of orange juice will probably make you sick, but just getting your ascorbic acid from supplement pills is probably not going to make you sick unless you take it all at once without any food to accompany with it.
Shameless Self-Promotion 0/ magenta 0/ Forum Rules & Game FAQ

Grumblesaur wrote:
The 100% daily value amount is the amount you need to prevent yourself from getting scurvy.
No, it's the recommended daily intake in a balanced diet, not a bare minimum. Taking a bit more than that doesn't hurt and can be recommended if you had a deficit, but I wouldn't recommend anyone taking very large doses of anything without consulting their doctor.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

This little tangent about healthy levels of sodium in your diet when you're sick, could have been replaced with a single
Have some chicken noodle soup Lindsey and feel better soon.
Challenging your assumptions is good for your health, good for your business, and good for your future. Stay skeptical but never undervalue the importance of a new and unfamiliar perspective.
Imagination Fertilizer
Beauty may not save the world, but it's the only thing that can

Online Now